Charlotte Casiraghi and Family Current Events Part 40: December 2015 -December 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Barbizon is a very famious town near Fontainebleau,
Caroline lived at Fontainebleau when she was living with Ernst August of Hanover and her three children Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre and after with Alexandra
It is a very beautiful town and it would be nice for Raphael.

Caroline lived at Fontainebleau when she was living with Ernst August of Hanover and her three children Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre and after with Alexandra

It reminds me her mother's decision to live in St-Remy after Stefano's death.
Is it known why did they separate (Charlotte and Lamberto)?

If it's true that she and Lamberto are history, I'd like to see her move on for at least 6 months without latching on to a new relationship and simply concentrate on raising her son for a while.

I remember the days when I used to look at photos of this beautiful young woman and think she was a great example of someone touched by the sun, with the world at her feet.

Now it's more and more like..what a mess...what happened here??

Last edited:
If it's true that she and Lamberto are history, I'd like to see her move on for at least 6 months without latching on to a new relationship and simply concentrate on raising her son for a while.

I remember the days when I used to look at photos of this beautiful young woman and think she was a great example of someone touched by the sun, with the world at her feet.

As "touched by the sun and with the world at her feet", I think she is not obliged to be compromised to a relationship that doesn't work anymore. Of course it's a pity for the end of this so short relationship with Lamberto. Just remember the cover of Paris-Match last August. The problem (for me) is that she quickly gets pregnant with her partners. She could be patient in this matter (sorry for my english).

:previous: Since she has "quickly gotten pregnant" only once (that we know of) I am not sure what you mean.

Since we are not supposed to be speculating on any rumored pregnancies we cannot assume anything...at least I am advised before my posts are removed.:cool:

I feel the same way. I remember thinking, years ago, what a lovely beautiful young woman she was and I thought she would become something more than a party girl who shows up at the opening of an envelope. I thought she would show more class than the rest of her family but then, it's not like she had a lot of classy people to look up to. She is looking very old and very tired. Perhaps she will take the time in Barbizon to rest and enjoy her child.

Charlotte needs obviously a bit more direction in her life, but isn't the wreck like some portray her lol.

Charlotte needs obviously a bit more direction in her life, but isn't the wreck like some portray her lol.

Agree! She's had 3 significant relationships before Lamberto and got pregnant in one, well over a year after it began. We don't know definitively that it's over with Lamberto.

Classiness is subjective - personally, I think her mother has a lot of class, Rainier was a dignified man with gravitas and her Casiraghi relatives seem discreet and well-balanced. Stephanie may not ooze class but she is clearly a good person with three children she can be proud of.

Last edited:
Firstly of all, she is a private citizen and is in no way obliged to show more ''class'' than her family has had (whatever that means). She has the right to live her life as she sees fit without having to show accountability to the public.

And she's hardly a party girl and has, as far as we know, only gotten pregnant once and that was when she was in a steady relationship. Charlotte is hardly making horrible choices.

I feel like often people want her to be someone she doesn't strive to be due to her looks, wealth and parentage. People should let that feeling go.

it's true. The article says that she has enrolled her child in public kindergarten.
* It is a well-considered choice. she goes out, goes shopping .. Lamberto has never seen until now .. (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pregnant or not, Lamberto or not I'm happy for one thing. She is settling somewhere. Rafael is almost 3 and up to now he has been around the world without a fixed domicile. Now she is doing the correct thing. She gives stability to her child. Interesting choice though. Not Monaco not Italy. Somehow she repeats her childhood, Saint Remy and Fontainebleau. Not the upper profile of Monaco. Interesting

She has to settle. Raphael reached the age when he has to go to school. :) I think Barbizon is a good choice. Not far from Paris. But calm enough to be far from paparazzi.

http://67.media.tumblr.com/f3b9f5647da4b5afd69d29784699018f/tumblr_oemvmm8umw1s6t5fio1_500.png
A pic from beautifulcharlotte source

The article said, that her stay in Rome was short, even though she seemed to wanted to stay. Some Italian tabloids are talking for a break up because of their class difference, similarly to Gad's break up.

Anyway, it is unpleasant that she did not settle with Lamberto, but from the beginning enough people, including me, said that the relationship may not last long. And it was even shorter that this with Gad. I hope she learns from now on, how to choose her 'man'. Her decision to live in Barbizon is quite interesting, though i thought she would go for a big city like Paris. Maybe she got bored of it or tried to do what her mother did by choosing Fontainebleau.

She has to settle. Raphael reached the age when he has to go to school. :) I think Barbizon is a good choice. Not far from Paris. But calm enough to be far from paparazzi.
And she is near her horses, for I believe they are trained near Paris.

The article said, that her stay in Rome was short, even though she seemed to wanted to stay. Some Italian tabloids are talking for a break up because of their class difference, similarly to Gad's break up.
What class difference ? Lamberto is a true aristocrat. Maybe he considered that she is not high enough for him? Because the opposite is not true.

Perhaps, Charlotte is settling in Barbizon in France because she wants to educate her son Raphael in france and Gad can visit his son when he is in France, we must wait before to say that she broke with Lamberto, they are perhaps still together and Charlotte will fly to Rome to be with Lamberto during each week end
I know I am always positive

What class difference ? Lamberto is a true aristocrat. Maybe he considered that she is not high enough for him? Because the opposite is not true.

I do not know -i have also found it strange :ermm:
They are the words from the article though, not mine :flowers:.
And since he is friends with Bea and her family, he surely has class.

Perhaps, Charlotte is settling in Barbizon in France because she wants to educate her son Raphael in france and Gad can visit his son when he is in France, we must wait before to say that she broke with Lamberto, they are perhaps still together and Charlotte will fly to Rome to be with Lamberto during each week end
I know I am always positive

I like you being positive :flowers:
Hopefully they are fine, but even if they have broken up, i hope she is happy by herself without needing a man by her side for sometime.

She has been through 2 unsuccessful relationships, i think it is important to stay a bit with herself and concentrate on her child.

"Most people don't get married?!":lol:

Is that why wedding planners and the wedding industry in general are experiencing a billion dollar boom like at no other time in recent history, and is that why Royal weddings routinely send message boards like this one into a frenzy?

Not wanting to marry or even not believing in it is a perfectly legitimate personal opinion. But to state that most people don't do it anymore makes me question the source of your statistics, honestly.

Hi, Moonmaiden. Just a little bit of advice. Before you laugh at other people's words you should check your facts. That way your mockery will have some sense.

You've been already been told about the Netherlands. I can tell you about Spain
-In 1970 7.2 weddings per every 1.000 people were celebrated. In 2000 there were only 5.42 and in 2015 there were only 3.3.
-In 2015 52% of the couples who'd been living together for more than 10 years were not married. If you take into account that most older people are married, it is obvious that most young people are not.

And even more interesting: 73% of the children born in 2015 were born from couples who were not married. Only 27% of children were born from married couples.

I have no data for France, but I'm sure that if you check the web you'll find that Charlotte situation is the norm between people around 30.

I don't know who much money are american wedding planners are expecting to earn next year, but you should take into account that what happens in your country is not an universal rule and in western Europe most young people don't get married.

And, now, about Charlotte. I don't know if this is truth or not, but there is a news piece that explains why she's left Rome.
Apparently she's not broken up with Lamberto but she's been forced to return to Paris because of custody issues with Gad. Raphael must go to school in France so that his father can be with him aswell.
Dos mudanzas en 3 meses: Carlota Casiraghi deja Roma (y a Sanfelice) y vuelve a París. Noticias de Casas Reales

No idea whether these are real facts or just speculation. On the one hand it makes sense, when you are battling for custody you can move permanently to another country without the consent of both parents, but on the other hand, it seems weird since Gad spends most of his time in the USA-

Last edited:
I do not believe this about Gad obliging Charlotte return in France with Raphael. There is a perfect French School in Rome and Fiumicino is connecting Rome to the whole world, Gad could attend them at any moment. He is not living in Europe, if tomorrow he goes to Australia he cannot oblige them to move. Gad and Charlotte are even nor married and Charlotte has the full custody and she is free to go live everywhere it is safe for her child. Which Court in the world would decide that Italy is prohibited to live for a young boy with his wealthy mother ? All this is just press stupidities in order to create articles.

Last edited:
Hi, Moonmaiden. Just a little bit of advice. Before you laugh at other people's words you should check your facts. That way your mockery will have some sense.

You've been already been told about the Netherlands. I can tell you about Spain
-In 1970 7.2 weddings per every 1.000 people were celebrated. In 2000 there were only 5.42 and in 2015 there were only 3.3.
-In 2015 52% of the couples who'd been living together for more than 10 years were not married. If you take into account that most older people are married, it is obvious that most young people are not.

And even more interesting: 73% of the children born in 2015 were born from couples who were not married. Only 27% of children were born from married couples.

I have no data for France, but I'm sure that if you check the web you'll find that Charlotte situation is the norm between people around 30.

I don't know who much money are american wedding planners are expecting to earn next year, but you should take into account that what happens in your country is not an universal rule and in western Europe most young people don't get married.

And, now, about Charlotte. I don't know if this is truth or not, but there is a news piece that explains why she's left Rome.
Apparently she's not broken up with Lamberto but she's been forced to return to Paris because of custody issues with Gad. Raphael must go to school in France so that his father can be with him aswell.
Dos mudanzas en 3 meses: Carlota Casiraghi deja Roma (y a Sanfelice) y vuelve a París. Noticias de Casas Reales

No idea whether these are real facts or just speculation. On the one hand it makes sense, when you are battling for custody you can move permanently to another country without the consent of both parents, but on the other hand, it seems weird since Gad spends most of his time in the USA-

You posted "nobody gets married anymore?" ...did you not? You didn't initially say marriage rates are lower in the Netherlands, in Spain, Western Europe etc. You didn't initially simply post that more and more children are born out of wedlock, which would which been more accurate not to mention would have made more sense..:ermm:

You stated that nobody gets married anymore, which is as patently ridiculous as it is untrue.

Obviously countless millions of people around the world ARE still getting married, they always have and they always will. Even in Western Europe.

I am not the one guilty not having my facts straight here.

Last edited:
I do not believe this about Gad obliging Charlotte return in France with Raphael. There is a perfect French School in Rome and Fiumicino is connecting Rome to the whole world, Gad could attend them at any moment. He is not living in Europe, if tomorrow he goes to Australia he cannot oblige them to move. Gad and Charlotte are even nor married and Charlotte has the full custody and she is free to go live everywhere it is safe for her child. Which Court in the world would decide that Italy is prohibited to live for a young boy with his wealthy mother ? All this is just press stupidities in order to create articles.

You're probably right. It seems very weird that Gad is demanding that the kid remains in France while he is living in another continent. It seems absurd and selfish.

But I don't know why you say that Charlotte has full costudy (we have not the slightlest idea about that) or why you talk about her and Gad not being married. Marriage or not marriage it doesn't make any difference at all for a child custody. Both parents have exactly the same rights that a married couple.
Althought I can't see Gad asking for custody himself... I think he is more happy having the kid living with Charlotte and being a visiting parent.

That said, the staying in France thing could have sense if they are battling over custody and the arrangements are not still settled. If Charlotte doesn't allow Gad to take the child with him to the USA (as was reported by the press), Gad has the same rights that she has. He may retaliate by not allowing her to take the child abroad and forcethis way a better custody arrangement for himself.

But of course it could all be speculation of the press and she's simply broken up with Lamberto.

@Paranoia. It is quite sure that Charlotte has full custody, of course Gad should have a unlimited visit right. Nevertheless, it is almost sure that for such a small child mother has the custody, it is extremely rare that mother has not the custody, and it happens in cases of mothers alcoholic or drug addicted or unable to take care of kids.
And do not forget one think. Charlotte is not a French citizen. She is a Monaco citizen, and I'm not so sure if in Monaco parental rights in unmarried couples are the same than for married. I do not know if Raphael has double citizenship or only Monaco, maybe double citizenship France/Monaco are not compatible. And I do not know if Gad is also French or only Moroccan.

Last edited:
:previous:
as far i know, Monaco citizens are not allowed to have double citizenship, but i'm not 100% sure of that.

As for Gad and Charlotte fighting for the custody, the only scenario i can think is that Gad can claim that as Charlotte doesn't have a fixed place, there's no reason for the child to stay with her, since he has the same lifestyle and it can provide the same quality of life. Charlotte then decided to return and settle near Paris, a common place to both. However, I find this very unlikely and no sense.

As for people complaining that she's not married, if her relationships don't work, why should she do that? Taking into account the pattern of her past relationships , maybe she's fickle and knows that marriage is not the best option for her, or never felt comfortable enough to marry any of her partners. A relationship is much more than marriage and a party. I don't mean it's not important, but not everyone has it as priority.

About her children, Charlotte is an adult in the early 30s. She is not a reckless teenager who became pregnant. So if she is really pregnant, maybe she wanted to give a brother Rafael and found that Lamberto was an appropriate person. Even if the relationship is over, even if they are not together, he may possibly be a good father to her future son.

On the other hand, if she's single again, Charlotte should calm down and rethink her priorities. A woman doesn't need to be in a relationship to be complete. But if she wants that and neither of her relationships lasts, while her brothers and friends are married, maybe she should chose her partners more carefully or try fulfillment in others areas like a serious job or occupation.

The issue with her is not necessarily that she's not married or can't have any solid relationship, but she is jump from partner to partner, from job to job, and is doing nothing really significant with her life. As others said, she could have the world in her feet, but she seems like a teenager with no direction in life. Anyway, it seems that for her being beautiful and privileged, people had too high expectations towards Charlotte but in the end she's just an average woman living her life. She has no title, not in the direct line and will probably will never rule Monaco, so Charlotte can live her life as she desires.

I think Gad is really lucky that he has a son with Charlotte and his son can have access to interesting things/places, because of its background. Plus, very good education and connections.
And as far as i know from the media, he had not the full custody of his first child either.

Maybe they didn t go to court yet or don y plan to as they are not requiered to do that. And they together decided that the child should stay with Charlotte but he has to live in France si that Gad or his parents can see him one weekend every two weeks or whenever they want like many child in France from not married parents (if the parents were married and then divorce, the court decide).

Last edited:
Gad Elmaleh (45 ) has a new girlfriend Elisa Meliani, a topmodel (Aubade) who is 26 years old.
He is performing in Belgium the 21, 22,23 at Forest National with Kev Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom