Charlotte Casiraghi and Family Current Events Part 39: January 2014 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ To imply that Charlotte likes older men because she lost her father at an early age is a gross generalization. I disagree this is the case. Perhaps she likes older men as of late, because she finds them more interesting, challenging, full of experiences. Perhaps she's also around a much older crowd as well. We really don't know. But if your assumption were true, then Charlotte would only date older men - and we know that not to be the case.

She seems unwilling to get into a serious, committed relationship. Marriage isn't for everyone, but I'm hoping she's not planning on having an illegitimate pack of kids. :ermm:

The family of this new boyfriend of Charlotte is the aristocracy? and is that country?

The family of this new boyfriend of Charlotte is the aristocracy? and is that country?

Don Lamberto Sanfelice marquis of Monteforte patrician of the Dukes of Bagnoli belongs to the Neapolitan aristocracy.

Don Lamberto Sanfelice marquis of Monteforte patrician of the Dukes of Bagnoli belongs to the Neapolitan aristocracy.

Don Lamberto Sanfelice himself is no Marchese di Monteforte. Don Lamberto comes from the branch Sanfelice di Bagnoli. The Montefortes are a side-branch from the same family Sanfelice and name themselves "Sanfelice di Monteforte".

Don Francesco d’Assisi Sanfelice di Monteforte
(1827 - 1910)
XII Marchese di Monteforte
x
Donna Francesca di Paola Ruffo dei principi della Scaletta (1838-1912)
=
Don Augusto

Don Augusto Sanfelice di Monteforte (1870-1959)
XIII Marchese di Monteforte
x
Donna Anna Ciccarelli dei marchesi di Cesavolpe (1873-1936)
=
Don Giovanni Battista

Don Giovanni Battista Sanfelice di Monteforte (1901-1973)
XIV Marchese di Monteforte
x
Donna Stefania dei principi di Francavilla (1904-1973)
=
Don Pietro

Don Pietro Sanfelice di Monteforte
(1938)
XV Marchese di Monteforte
x
Beatrice Lentati (1948)
=
No son

Heir to the XV Marchese di Monteforte is his younger brother Don Luciano Sanfelice di Monteforte (75 years old):

Don Luciano Sanfelice di Monteforte (1940)
Heir to the XV Marchese di Monteforte
x
Donna Francesca dei conti Negri da Oleggio (1942)
=
Don Giovanni.

The future XVI or XVII Marchese di Monteforte will be this Don Giovanni Sanfelice di Monteforte indeed. Don Lamberto Sanfelice di Bagnoli (Charlotte's alleged amant) is Nr 3 in "the line of succession" to the marquessate of Monteforte after his cousin Don Antonio Sanfelice di Bagnoli, the current Nr 2. They are a respected family. A cousin of Don Lamberto is Vice-Admiral (ret.) Don Fernando Sanfelice di Monteforte and was a commander of the NATO-fleet during Operation Endeavour (see picture).

Last edited:
I don't think he's surprised. I think she wanted a child and it was always clear that she would be the partner who would have to juggle everyday life. Charlotte could already see when looking at his older son that Gad would never be a 'normal' father, moving to the suburbs and changing the nappies. He's a free & creative spirit.

Charlotte strikes me of very immature too, I am sure having a kid with Gad had to do with everybody else around her settling down (in much more stable relationships) and she wanted to have her share of the 'grown up' cake too.

My prediction is that the italian guy will only be the first of many lookalikes to come, Charlotte seems restless and unable to stay on her own to take a breath & reflect.

I agree with that!

P.S. His name is just a small normal name everyone could have :ROFLMAO:
Well, at least he is more good looking than Gad.
Was he ever married, does he have children?

For the record, i read that Char has a Left Bank apartment in Paris. Maybe that is an area in Paris. It must be really cool, i guess!

Last edited:
Her mother has a Paris pied-à-terre at the corner of the Avenue de la Bourbonnais and the Rue Montessuy in the 7ème Arrondissement (close to the Tour Eiffel). This retreat is also used by her children when they are in Paris. That is on the Rive Gauche (Left Bank) indeed. The 7ème Arrondissement has a lot of official buildings and is therefore less lively than other parts at the Rive Gauche like the Quartier Latin or around the Boulevard Saint-Germain. It remains a super location, no misunderstanding. A perfect home base for Paris visits.

Last edited:
Her mother has a Paris pied-à-terre at the corner of the Avenue de la Bourbonnais and the Rue Montessuy in the 7ème Arrondissement (close to the Tour Eiffel). This retreat is also used by her children when they are in Paris. That is on the Rive Gauche (Left Bank) indeed. The 7ème Arrondissement has a lot of official buildings and is therefore less lively than other parts at the Rive Gauche like the Quartier Latin or around the Boulevard Saint-Germain. It remains a super location, no misunderstanding. A perfect home base for Paris visits.

Thanks for the info :flowers:
So it seems she has the apartment, where she used to live while studying and while being in a relationship with Alex.

The area is probably in the center of Paris!! Is Cafe de Flour also in the neighborhood?

Don Lamberto Sanfelice himself is no Marchese di Monteforte. Don Lamberto comes from the branch Sanfelice di Bagnoli. The Montefortes are a side-branch from the same family Sanfelice and name themselves "Sanfelice di Monteforte".

(1827 - 1910)
x
=
Don Augusto

x
=
Don Giovanni Battista

x
=
Don Pietro

(1938)
x
Beatrice Lentati (1948)
=
No son

Heir to the XV Marchese di Monteforte is his younger brother Don Luciano Sanfelice di Monteforte (75 years old):

x
=
Don Giovanni.

The future XVI or XVII Marchese di Monteforte will be this Don Giovanni Sanfelice di Monteforte indeed. Don Lamberto Sanfelice di Bagnoli (Charlotte's alleged amant) is Nr 3 in "the line of succession" to the marquessate of Monteforte after his cousin Don Antonio Sanfelice di Bagnoli, the current Nr 2. They are a respected family. A cousin of Don Lamberto is Vice-Admiral (ret.) Don Fernando Sanfelice di Monteforte and was a commander of the NATO-fleet during Operation Endeavour (see picture).

Considering this background of Lamberto's family, his italian nationality (because of Stefano Casiraghi) and his religion (why not), I think that Lamberto is a propriate companion for Charlotte. If she's really pregnant, they could even get married! Fancy that her mother had a long relationship with the French-Jewish actor Vincent Lindon (who then was a second father for her very young children) while she was the first lady of Monaco. After all, Charlotte is only the niece of the sovereign prince and her occupation (maybe profession?) is modeling and jumping (not far from Lamberto's profession).

(1827 - 1910)
x
=
Don Augusto

x
=
Don Giovanni Battista

x
=
Don Pietro

(1938)
x
Beatrice Lentati (1948)
=
No son

x
=
Don Giovanni.

Blame it on the press...:lol:

It may very well be that Gad and Charlotte have agreed that Charlotte has the sole custody of Raphael.

But it seems, while Charlotte is dating and partying, her son is with the nannies. Is that particular behavior that I find annoying.

It also seems that while Gad has been traveling and partying for the last 2 years son has not been him. Sometimes for several weeks. I wonder why you never found that behaviour annoying.

Gad is a millionaire. So, he doesnt' have urgent responsabilities either. Only an ambition to make it in the USA. His american tour (mostly in small venues that I'm sure don't make him much money) could perfectly well be considered a hobby.

I don't wanna talk about him, simply because I don't know enough about Gad. I mean, I know details about Monaco family, but if i say sometihing about Gad, bad or good, i can be completly unjust.
While you know so much about Charlotte that you are sure you are not being unfair with her? Are you sure that other than the 3 ocasions you've seen her pictures in the street without Raphael she did not spend 90% of her time with him?

Last edited:
She seems unwilling to get into a serious, committed relationship. Marriage isn't for everyone, but I'm hoping she's not planning on having an illegitimate pack of kids. :ermm:

I doubt she is planning on having an illegitimate pack of kids since in France (and as far as I know probably in all Western Europe) there is not such a thing as a single illegitimate kid. All kids are equaly legitimate in the eyes of the law.

I also wonder what has marriage to do with the seriousnes and committement of a relationship. More than 50% of couples in western europe chose to have children withouth getting married. I guess they are not committed simply because they did not sign a piece of paper...

Last edited:
I don't think he's surprised. I think she wanted a child and it was always clear that she would be the partner who would have to juggle everyday life. Charlotte could already see when looking at his older son that Gad would never be a 'normal' father, moving to the suburbs and changing the nappies. He's a free & creative spirit.

Charlotte strikes me of very immature too,

That's wonderful. Charlotte is very inmature. While the 44 years old man who made a child and then run away is a free and creative spirit.

It's not just a paper, there are vows made before God to grow mutually in love.
It's a sacrament (for Catholics).
Calling a marriage "just papers" have always annoyed me.

That's wonderful. Charlotte is very inmature. While the 44 years old man who made a child and then run away is a free and creative spirit.

I don't think he ran away. I think he was never really there, from the beginning.

OK. However, I think the point was "illegitimate children" don't exist anymore in all/most? European countries - children may be born from a marriage or not, both are equal in the eyes of the law.

Differences are made when it comes to royal/noble titles and inheritance but otherwise...

Charlotte is not responsible for continuing the Grimaldi line and producing the next ruler so she can have as many children as she wants, married or unmarried.

It's only a sacrament for Catholics, and practising Catholics at that. For many people marriage is indeed "just papers". People can grow mutually in love without the papers, or a sacrament.

I don't think the circumstances as we know them indicate Charlotte is immature or Gad is irresponsible. We have no idea what the arrangement between Charlotte and Gad was with respect to having a child. It could be that Charlotte wanted one and knew Gad didn't and they agreed that she could have a child with him as the father on the understanding he would not be responsible for any of the "parenting". She might have been just fine with that idea and have been quite content to have a child outside wedlock and raise it on her own. In fact she might have preferred it that way. Without knowing the details, and we are never likely to know them, I don't think we should be criticising either of them.

Last edited:
Let's be honest here ..... well to do/wealthy people frequently leave their children to nannies for the "basic stuff". They may take them out and about and play with them etc., but the meals, diapering, bed times etc., (the work stuff) is left to someone else. Many people see this as irresponsible and uncaring .... whatever .... it has been the pattern of the wealthy since the beginning of time with the exception of a very few. It is only now that the frequency of traveling and pictures by paps the rest of us can actually see the pattern.

Do you realize that most marriages are only civil and that many people who get married in a church don't even believe in God and do it simply because it's their country tradition or in the case of royals because of politics? Beatrice Borromeo is a good example of such a behaviour. Letizia, queen of Spain is even a better exemple.

Do you realize that most marriages are only civil and that many people who get married in a church don't even believe in God and do it simply because it's their country tradition or in the case of royals because of politics? Beatrice Borromeo is a good example of such a behaviour. Letizia, queen of Spain is even a better exemple.

IF Beatrice and Letizia took the Sacrament of Matrimony without believing in it, their marriages are essentially void and meaningless in the eyes of the Roman Catholic Church, and both Felipe and Pierre can technically petition the Rota for an annulment if they were ever so inclined. Since both of them seem to be intelligent women I am sure they realize that undertaking a Sacrament without belief in the name of "politics" or tradition is nothing but empty hypocrisy. For baptized believers marriage is NEVER "just a piece of paper" even if that is how non-believers choose to define their own marriages. That is what it is for THEM, and that's okay.It matters not that everyone in the West is doing it...the implications for their marriages are the same. They are NOT sacramentally married, only civilly which might be fine for them but why go through kabuki theater with the Church to begin with??:bang:.

Beatrice takes communion regularly and so does Letizia. If they were atheists in the strictest sense of the word would they bother? I doubt it.

As for all the posters pointing an accusatory finger at Charlotte for possibly leaving Raphael with a nanny...every single Royal heir on the scene today without exception was both raised by nannies and employs nannies for their own children.

Every one of them!:cool:

Last edited:

Beatrice and Letizia don't believe in God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom