Charlotte Casiraghi and Family Current Events Part 39: January 2014 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my god this Casiraghi family never makes us bored ;)

Oh my god this Casiraghi family never makes us bored ;)

Poor Gad. Although I think he and Charlotte were not the ideal pair, I believe that he doesn't deserve Charlotte's behaviour. I also doesn't like her pics with an other man while she has a baby at home. Just fancy if Raphael was older and could see his mum's pics in the mags and read about her love life, her new boyfriend... Of course, Charlotte has the right to live her life with the man she loves, but she could keep her privacy. Her public icon during the last weeks is not appropriate for a woman that she tries to show for her (a sophisticated woman who is interested in philosophy, etc, etc).
Sorry for my bad English, but I hope you understand what I mean......

Reactions: eya
At the risk of being flamed, I think Charlotte needs to focus on her kid and not another man. She's not a seventeen year old ingenue and she needs to really stop flitting from man to man. She has a right to live her life as she sees fit, but she does not have the right to be free from criticism. As for her looks, the cigs and tanning are indeed taking a toll and her complexion looks thicker and more coarse. What if she's being used as a short term fling and ends up dumped? Move on to yet another man? As for her modeling career, those are always short unless the model is like Cindy Crawford or Naomi Campbell. She's not. She's too old ot run from man to man and she does not come across as a legendarily sexually confident woman, but desperate. I find it unfair that there even has to be a drama surrounding this, like Gad being on one side and Charlotte on another; it's adolescent and petty behavior. It's immature. I don't believe she's matured at all and having a kid at 27 hasn't changed her for the better.

If Charlotte is starting up some drama, she needs to be sat down and told several hard truths about how life works.

Vanitatis writes that the french press has chosen it's side, they are at Gad's side. An article in Voici is quoted and pointed out that Charlotte hasn't been seen with Raphael since she started to be seen with her new boyfriend.
Gad Elmaleh, a loving father, a victim of the 'dolce vita' of Charlotte Casiraghi
Gad Elmaleh, un padre amantísimo víctima de la dolce vita de Carlota Casiraghi. Noticias de Casas Reales
Here is the translated article:

The separation between Charlotte Casiraghi and actor Gad Elmaleh is a fact. The news was made public a few weeks ago through some photographs that appeared the daughter of Princess Caroline of Monaco in romantic attitude with Italian film director Lamberto Sanfelice. The breakdown of Gad and Carlota was not too surprised, because for several months been speculating about a possible crisis and its relationship had always been a little shaky. Day after day romance with Charlotte went Sanfelice confirming and Gad went on the back burner. Until now.

The mainstream media in France have wanted to make this break a real battle. "Gad Elmaleh takes care of his son while Lamberto Carlota and enjoy la dolce vita". This is the shocking headline that carries on its cover this week's magazine Voici '. Inside, we can see several photographs of Elmaleh playing in a park next to the son he has in common with Carlota, Raphael. The text accompanying the images not wasted. It can be read niceties as "Carlota forgets his son on a trip to Tuscany with Sanfelice" or "Gad has to be a father because otherwise the small would be alone."

The truth is that since he announced his affair with Lamberto Sanfelice, there is no picture of Carlota with little Raphael, who on 17 December will be two years. The granddaughter of Grace Kelly has spent the month of November wandering love with Italian film director by France and Italy. The only time that we have seen without his new partner was during the National Day of Monaco. That was when she was seen with a halo of not very typical of her sadness.

Gad turns on his son and work

While Charlotte lives her romance with Sanfelice, Gad has turned in their work. Judging by appearances and sharing images every day in your Instagram account, Gad has taken refuge in the theater to overcome his break with Carlota. During these months, the actor is focused on his career and has spent long periods in New York and Los Angeles, where he has been agreeing on new professional projects. The comic will spend a long time in the United States, it has already closed the dates of his new show 'Gad' in Vermont, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Minnesota.

Although Gad is practically living there, he travels regularly to Europe, particularly to Paris, because he has two reasons to always make it back. They are Noah, the son by the actress Anne Brochet, and Raphael, who was with Carlota Casiraghi.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The translation is a bit rough, but it gets to the point.

Now, I don't want to play the devils'advocate, but I think all this is a bit exaggerated! IMO, Charlotte does not give a good image at the moment, not for ending her relationship with Gad, but for "jumping" on another man so soon. This is true. But what do we really know? Do we really know how things are arranged for them? Maybe Gad is spending time with his son because he sees him not too often. And now the press is against Charlotte, but it was easy for them to bash Gad when he was still with Charlotte, wasn't it? I clearly remember that media used to suggest Gad was an absent father and that Charlotte and her child were usually left alone.I mean, Gad travels a lot and for work it seeems it is he who doesn't spend much time with his son, and not the other way round. (I'm not judging, just giving fact). So it may very well be that he is taking advantage of his free time to spend it with Raphael and enjoying his company. I don't approve much of how Cahrlotte is currently handling her private life, but I don't agree with the claim she is a bad mother for this.

While I don't think Charlotte is especially mature, OTH to say that Gad is "burying himself" in the theatre is ridiculous. I suspect that Gad is doing exactly what he wants AND also has had Raphael with him for a time. Which is to be expected since he was not particularly a full time Dad in the past. I think France is merely jumping to the defense of their national hero Gad. I wouldn't be surprised if both Gad and Charlotte have an agreement about parenting .... and now it's Gad's turn and Charlotte gets to play.

IMO, it's the usual newspaper hysteria in defense of their favorite.

Poor Gad. Although I think he and Charlotte were not the ideal pair, I believe that he doesn't deserve Charlotte's behaviour. I also doesn't like her pics with an other man while she has a baby at home. Just fancy if Raphael was older and could see his mum's pics in the mags and read about her love life, her new boyfriend... Of course, Charlotte has the right to live her life with the man she loves, but she could keep her privacy. Her public icon during the last weeks is not appropriate for a woman that she tries to show for her (a sophisticated woman who is interested in philosophy, etc, etc).
Sorry for my bad English, but I hope you understand what I mean......

I think you are trying to say that a woman loses her rights to have a full live when she becomes a mother. That Charlotte should stay at home and don't go ever to dinner or to take a walk or even to buy bread because she has a small kid.

You know, when Gad started dating Charlotte he already had a kid (who could actually read at the time). I wonder why you never wrote that it wasn't appropiate for him to hang out with Charlotte, and what would the child think, and that he should stay cloistered at home.

At the risk of being flamed, I think Charlotte needs to focus on her kid and not another man. She's not a seventeen year old ingenue and she needs to really stop flitting from man to man. She has a right to live her life as she sees fit, but she does not have the right to be free from criticism. As for her looks, the cigs and tanning are indeed taking a toll and her complexion looks thicker and more coarse. What if she's being used as a short term fling and ends up dumped? Move on to yet another man? As for her modeling career, those are always short unless the model is like Cindy Crawford or Naomi Campbell. She's not. She's too old ot run from man to man and she does not come across as a legendarily sexually confident woman, but desperate. I find it unfair that there even has to be a drama surrounding this, like Gad being on one side and Charlotte on another; it's adolescent and petty behavior. It's immature. I don't believe she's matured at all and having a kid at 27 hasn't changed her for the better.

If Charlotte is starting up some drama, she needs to be sat down and told several hard truths about how life works.

Here is the translated article:

The separation between Charlotte Casiraghi and actor Gad Elmaleh is a fact. The news was made public a few weeks ago through some photographs that appeared the daughter of Princess Caroline of Monaco in romantic attitude with Italian film director Lamberto Sanfelice. The breakdown of Gad and Carlota was not too surprised, because for several months been speculating about a possible crisis and its relationship had always been a little shaky. Day after day romance with Charlotte went Sanfelice confirming and Gad went on the back burner. Until now.

The mainstream media in France have wanted to make this break a real battle. "Gad Elmaleh takes care of his son while Lamberto Carlota and enjoy la dolce vita". This is the shocking headline that carries on its cover this week's magazine Voici '. Inside, we can see several photographs of Elmaleh playing in a park next to the son he has in common with Carlota, Raphael. The text accompanying the images not wasted. It can be read niceties as "Carlota forgets his son on a trip to Tuscany with Sanfelice" or "Gad has to be a father because otherwise the small would be alone."

The truth is that since he announced his affair with Lamberto Sanfelice, there is no picture of Carlota with little Raphael, who on 17 December will be two years. The granddaughter of Grace Kelly has spent the month of November wandering love with Italian film director by France and Italy. The only time that we have seen without his new partner was during the National Day of Monaco. That was when she was seen with a halo of not very typical of her sadness.

Gad turns on his son and work

While Charlotte lives her romance with Sanfelice, Gad has turned in their work. Judging by appearances and sharing images every day in your Instagram account, Gad has taken refuge in the theater to overcome his break with Carlota. During these months, the actor is focused on his career and has spent long periods in New York and Los Angeles, where he has been agreeing on new professional projects. The comic will spend a long time in the United States, it has already closed the dates of his new show 'Gad' in Vermont, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Minnesota.

Although Gad is practically living there, he travels regularly to Europe, particularly to Paris, because he has two reasons to always make it back. They are Noah, the son by the actress Anne Brochet, and Raphael, who was with Carlota Casiraghi.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The translation is a bit rough, but it gets to the point.

Oh, my God, what a hero! The man took care of his son for TWO DAYS!!! I'm sure he deserves a monument, a national anthem and a movie about his amazing parenthood.

A shame that he spent the last 2 months in UK/USA, obviously NOT taking care of his son who lives with her mother. But that's the mother duty.

And of course, it's her who is inmature... Not the 44 yea old who's left a string of girlfriends and 2 sons behind him. Never the 44 year old mand who after fathering a second child decided to spend most of the year away from his family...

And poor Charlotte... Her looks will not last forever. And what is the biggest treasure a woman has? Her looks and only her looks! As soon as the skin starts to wrinkle no one will ever be interested in her, no man will look at her twice, she will be lonely and abandoned, because who can be interested in a woman's conversation, sense of humour, wit... when she is not a 20something year old...

Men will sleep with her and then abandon her, because she is not serious or dignified or a good mother... Poor abandoned inmature woman...

Last edited by a moderator:
If men only want her for her looks and heritage, she is better off dumping them before they dump her.

Getting tired of this discussion. Full of speculations, character analyzing and stating them as facts on a woman no one knows personally.:nonono:

I think you are trying to say that a woman loses her rights to have a full live when she becomes a mother. That Charlotte should stay at home and don't go ever to dinner or to take a walk or even to buy bread because she has a small kid.

You know, when Gad started dating Charlotte he already had a kid (who could actually read at the time). I wonder why you never wrote that it wasn't appropiate for him to hang out with Charlotte, and what would the child think, and that he should stay cloistered at home.

Next time, dear Paranoia, please read more carefully my comments: "...Of course, Charlotte has the right to live her life with the man she loves, but she could keep her privacy...".

How is it her fault that photographers stalk her for a picture? If she was throwing a fit or hitting them you would criticize her. She's only living her life folks.

Next time, dear Paranoia, please read more carefully my comments: "...Of course, Charlotte has the right to live her life with the man she loves, but she could keep her privacy...".

All right, dear Capri, now I guess you will be so kind as to explain to me how can anyone live her life with the man she loves without being seen in the streets with them.
I wouldn't categorize taking a walk with the dog, going to dinner in your neighboorhood, travelling to the town your love lives in to see him, or spending a couple of days in a little and not very touristic tuscanian town (by Tuscany standars, nearly everytown has tourists in Italy), far away from the press and the socialite world as exposing one self. Simply, as living.

If you thing it is wrong of her to go spend a weekend in a little town far away from the press or going for a walk in the parc near her home I wonder how can she exert her right to live her own live.

And, of course, if you know how you can keep your privacy while dozens of paparazzi prosecute you all day long, I'm sure Charlotte would be very happy to hear your ideas.

I think the article is written from somebody -sorry guys- but really stupid, who wanted to sell the papers!! Why should we compare both sides? And actually, we have already seen a picture of Gad with a n o t h e r woman! Maybe Gad left Charlotte or it was a mutual decision. Nobody has "failed" in that story, to say so.
While Gad was doing his performances, Charlotte was keeping the child and she was named from the tabloids as the kind of pour newly mother left at home to take care of their kid blah blah.. And now they give the exactly opposite 'face' to her! Crazy..! They just exaggerate the things and we do not actually no the inner story in order to judge.

I can only notice some repeated habits i have seen on Charlotte and that is indeed that she finds a man directly after finishing her relationship wit the previous one. She comes out as a really insecure and dependent person. Like she tries to make everybody believe that she has no problem that she had separated and now 'see me', i am enjoying my new life with my new boy.
Plus, the current situation with the italian guy reminds me of her beginning relationship with Gad. Really all of laughs, hugging and so on. This is going to be another failed relationship and sorry to prejudge it.
For me she seems a person, who looks for a stable partner and a stable and balanced personal life, but she cannot find that. And she will still not find it, if she doesn't stop going out with the first guy she meets.

Last edited:
All right, dear Capri, now I guess you will be so kind as to explain to me how can anyone live her life with the man she loves without being seen in the streets with them.
I wouldn't categorize taking a walk with the dog, going to dinner in your neighboorhood, travelling to the town your love lives in to see him, or spending a couple of days in a little and not very touristic tuscanian town (by Tuscany standars, nearly everytown has tourists in Italy), far away from the press and the socialite world as exposing one self. Simply, as living.

If you thing it is wrong of her to go spend a weekend in a little town far away from the press or going for a walk in the parc near her home I wonder how can she exert her right to live her own live.

And, of course, if you know how you can keep your privacy while dozens of paparazzi prosecute you all day long, I'm sure Charlotte would be very happy to hear your ideas.

Charlotte and all the Grimaldi family DO know how to keep their life private and when they want to make a little "big" fuss about it, they just do it.... ;) It is not a coincidence that we have weeks or a whole month to see them sometimes. And yes, that has happened with Charlotte, too. And when she is annoyed with the magazines, she usually sues them. As she would do that with the magazine that took a pic of her while kissing with her new boyfriend at her apartment..!

I'm sorry but most of these comments are shocking.
A young woman has no right to live a new life, why? Is her kid abandoned alone ? No. Rafael was with his dad.
We do not know why they did split and which effort might have done Charlotte to save this relationship with Gad. We did not know how long it took them to realize that it was over. And now, because she spent two or three weekends without the baby she is to blame. Why. Is she condamned to live the rest of her life alone ?
And she did not bring him at home with Rafael. They are outside. Unfortunately she is pursued by paparazzis, and she is caught outside y

I'm sorry but most of these comments are shocking.
A young woman has no right to live a new life, why? Is her kid abandoned alone ? No. Rafael was with his dad.
We do not know why they did split and which effort might have done Charlotte to save this relationship with Gad. We did not know how long it took them to realize that it was over. And now, because she spent two or three weekends without the baby she is to blame. Why. Is she condamned to live the rest of her life alone ?
And she did not bring him at home with Rafael. They are outside. Unfortunately she is pursued by paparazzis, and she is caught outside y

I totally agree!
Further to that Charlotte has left a man who has publicly stated that he won't marry her. That's pretty brutal but there has been very little criticism of that. She has every right to begin a new life.

I totally agree!

Further to that Charlotte has left a man who has publicly stated that he won't marry her. That's pretty brutal but there has been very little criticism of that. She has every right to begin a new life.

To be fair we don't know her view on marriage it mightn't be brutal at all. I'm sure they are happy with their lives

Charlotte and all the Grimaldi family DO know how to keep their life private and when they want to make a little "big" fuss about it, they just do it.... ;) It is not a coincidence that we have weeks or a whole month to see them sometimes. And yes, that has happened with Charlotte, too. And when she is annoyed with the magazines, she usually sues them. As she would do that with the magazine that took a pic of her while kissing with her new boyfriend at her apartment..!

Suing a magazine doesn't stop the publication. And the pics taken inside her appartment are the proof. She was kissing her boyfriend in the privacy of her home. And we have seen it.
And yet they are people bashing her because her kid will see those pics in the future!

There is no way Charlotte can keep her new romance hidden. Of course she can keep some privacy at certain quiet moments of her life. But when something news worthy happens, they are dozens of papparazzi wainting for her everywhere. Unless she stops living her normal life and hides at home or travels to some country far away from France or Italy there is no way she can keep her life private.

I totally agree!

I don't understand what's the problem with Gad stating that they weren't planning to get married. It's not the 19th century. A woman doesn't need a man to marry her. Maybe it was Charlotte who didn't care about a wedding. Maybe none of them was interested in getting married.
More than half of european young couples are not married and don't plan to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
:bang:Don't forget the number of divorces, break-ups in her family....How can you reproduce a stability you have never known yourself....

As I read it, the only "complaint" is that Charlotte appears to go from "new man" to "new man" to "new man". I think people are only suggesting a breather in between the "new men". :)

:bang:Don't forget the number of divorces, break-ups in her family....How can you reproduce a stability you have never known yourself....

Maybe... but so far her brothers have done a good job of being in a long term relationship.

Anyway, we really don't know what's going on and what she is like - she is very unlikely to give an interview and her inner circle won't speak without it being a huge betrayal.

All we can do is surmise certain things from how they appear (judgements we make based on our own life experiences) from the pictures and snippets we pick up.

I do think she should take a breather and just focus on her kid. She's pretty, but her looks aren't what they used to be and I wonder if whether or not she has the ability to settle down and find a nice man. Both her brothers have nice girls and I don't see why she isn't taking a step back and reorganizing her life. As for the French papers defending Gad, I believe this is the first time the French papers have criticized Charlotte. Usually the French media fawns over her and likes to have her pose for them.

At the beginning of her relationship with Alex Dellal Charlotte sued PdV and won a violation of privacy judgment against them simply for publishing holiday photos of the couple swimming in the sea.

Now, we have seen pap photos taken of her making out with her new love in the privacy of her home no less, and for dessert the French press seems to be intimating that she is fickle, and a bad mother to boot.:eek: If she doesn't sue for THAT I don't know what to think except that she wants to send a strong message that Gad is out and Lamberto is IN and doesn't care who disapproves.:ermm:

I am not surprised that the French press is siding with Gad. He is a native son, and very popular in France.

Suing a magazine doesn't stop the publication. And the pics taken inside her appartment are the proof. She was kissing her boyfriend in the privacy of her home. And we have seen it.
And yet they are people bashing her because her kid will see those pics in the future!

There is no way Charlotte can keep her new romance hidden. Of course she can keep some privacy at certain quiet moments of her life. But when something news worthy happens, they are dozens of paparazzi wainting for her everywhere. Unless she stops living her normal life and hides at home or travels to some country far away from France or Italy there is no way she can keep her life private.

If somebody sues magazines, they respect his/her privacy and they won't be sooo provocative. Maybe they keep posting pics, but like sooo private..! It's really different taking photos of the couple at the streets kissing and different when they are in their apartment kissing..! And actually, it doesn't mean, that the magazine Charlotte sued, was also the one, who took her pics from her apartment.

At first, when she was with Alex around February and March, i really don't remember s u c h a big fuss. Maybe they knew how to 'hide'. :whistling:

Plus, I agree with Moonmaiden's post.

BTW, some new pics of Charlotte in the airport, thanks to beautifulcharlotte:
http://beautifulcharlotte.tumblr.com/post/134504786628

Some other foundings from 11.11.15, don't remember being posted - if so, feel free to delete :)
http://www4.olycom.it/news_zoomair.do?c=5988072&i=14
http://www4.olycom.it/news_zoomair.do?c=5988071&i=16
http://www4.olycom.it/news_zoomair.do?c=5988077&i=18
http://www4.olycom.it/news_zoomair.do?c=5988064&i=12

Last edited:
I don't understand what's the problem with Gad stating that they weren't planning to get married. It's not the 19th century. A woman doesn't need a man to marry her. Maybe it was Charlotte who didn't care about a wedding. Maybe none of them was interested in getting married.
More than half of european young couples are not married and don't plan to do so.

Ahhh....but maybe she did want to get married....maybe he's the one who ended the relationship....these theories are just as valid as yours

But at the end of the day they are just theories and it seems that she's coming in for a lot of unwarranted criticism because she's moved on

I, for one, am happy for her

Ahhh....but maybe she did want to get married....maybe he's the one who ended the relationship....these theories are just as valid as yours

But at the end of the day they are just theories and it seems that she's coming in for a lot of unwarranted criticism because she's moved on

I, for one, am happy for her

I agree. We don't know Charlotte's thoughts on marriage. She doesn't give personal interviews the same way Gad does. It could be that she originally didn't care about marriage and that meshed well with Gad. But after seeing her brothers both get married she might have had a change of heart and wanted a more traditional commitment, and Gad held firm in his belief. We have no idea.

That being said I'm sure we'll find out the reason in the future. Gad is very open in his interviews and in his comedy routines. So we'll at least hear his side of the story.

I don't think he will tell....

Maybe. He's talked about the demise of his relationship with Noé's mother. He also talked about the break-up of his 4 year relationship with Aurelie Dupont. Most comedians are very blunt, and they use their own woes as material. He never seemed shy in talking about Charlotte, in fact some people on this site got annoyed when he would reference dating "a princess". We'll see. I think he'll blab. Maybe not in the near future, but in a year or so.

Last edited:
I do think she should take a breather and just focus on her kid. She's pretty, but her looks aren't what they used to be and I wonder if whether or not she has the ability to settle down and find a nice man. Both her brothers have nice girls and I don't see why she isn't taking a step back and reorganizing her life. As for the French papers defending Gad, I believe this is the first time the French papers have criticized Charlotte. Usually the French media fawns over her and likes to have her pose for them.
How it is her fault that she has not met the right one for her? It is destiny. :nonono:

Time to close this thread! The new one can be found here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom