Charlotte Casiraghi and Family Current Events Part 39: January 2014 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the prince of Monaco is the most titled prince in Europa

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Monaco

but the subject was not the Grimaldi, it was the relation of Charlotte Casiraghi with her new boy friend, she is free to have new borfriends and the fact his new boyfriend is aristocratic does not excuse her behaviour, she has a little boy and it is a pity she does not think to him.

In Charlotte's defense, how is she not thinking of her little boy? By not being with his father? By not hiding in her apartment with her new love?

The time to consider a child's feelings is before you make the decision to bring them into a relationship that does not have a solid, established foundation. And no...passion and romance are not the basis for a stable relationship.:sad:

In this case Gad Elmaleh is just as much to blame as Charlotte, especially since he is much older and already has a child from a failed romance.

Am I ever possible to mean that it is the same? Ι just said that if the parents divorce will always be next to their children.

I can't recall reading about the marriage of Charlotte Casiraghi to Gad Elmaleh so she can't have divorced him either. An informal relationship that produced a child is all too common; obviously neither parent felt sufficient motivation to legalize their relationship for the benefit of the child.:bang:

Did Caroline raise her kids to have any kind of self respect? Being the descendants of Grace Kelly isn't a big deal anymore and it's really just plain bad how Charlotte is basically catting around with a new lover while she's a mother of a little boy who was born into an out of wedlock situation. Her kid should be getting the bulk of her attention and be her primary focus.

In Charlotte's defense, how is she not thinking of her little boy? By not being with his father? By not hiding in her apartment with her new love?

The time to consider a child's feelings is before you make the decision to bring them into a relationship that does not have a solid, established foundation. And no...passion and romance are not the basis for a stable relationship.:sad:

In this case Gad Elmaleh is just as much to blame as Charlotte, especially since he is much older and already has a child from a failed romance.
Gad is of course part of the responsibility, but Charlotte, however younger, is NOT some doe eyed convent bred innocent. Charlotte has been a woman of the world for quite a huge part of her life. As for an earlier child born out of wedlock, it does make me wonder if Charlotte was doing any kind of thinking at all when she decided to take up with Gad.

Charlotte isn't being glamorous or iconic or chic by acting like this. I don't think she's someone who has any business pawning her kid off to nannies and she really needs to rethink her priorities.

:previous:Caroline has four children. Two sons who are married to women they've both been with for a decade, one daughter is a lovely schoolgirl with a passion for ice skating, and then there is Charlotte who seems to be establishing a pattern of instability in her romantic life.

I don't really agree that that is cause for a general indictment of Princess Caroline for her parenting skills. For example she's done no worse than Queen Elizabeth II in that regard and in many ways a whole lot better than HM.:sad:

Good point, but really, something went wrong with Charlotte. I really wonder just what it is that is wrong with Charlotte. She has a lot going for her and she can't get her personal life together like the adult that she is.

:previous:Ditto. I can't put my finger on it. She seems very bright and is obviously beautiful but of all of Caroline's kids she seems the most unsettled. Maybe it's the loss of Stefano when she was only 4 years old that left her searching for a certain type of man?

She is on the threshold of her 30th birthday. I hope she finds stability and contentment.....soon.:ermm:

I just wonder if she's going to get it in her head that she has a kid who needs a lot of early nurturing. She should have married Gad when she found out she was pregnant and I don't think this Italian aristocrat is going to be The One she marries. For all we know, the aristocrat could be having a fling with her and she could end up dumped.

Even the loss of her father should be something she's come to terms with. She can't use her father's death as a reason or excuse for the mess she's starting to make of her life. I have had to deal with a lot of issues and frankly I understand, but she has been an adult for a long time now. She's now a mother and it's time for her to pull it together. No more excuses.

I'm having trouble understand what Charlotte's done to attract the criticism I'm feeling here. Seems to me she broke up with the father of her child and now has a new man on the scene. She's not married to Gad so what's the problem? It seems their relationship was shaky for some time so it shouldn't be a big surprise that they split up. Would it have been better if she'd aborted the child? She's Catholic so I don't think she'd have done that.

Just because she has a child, should she not pursue happiness in her personal life? As long as the child is being looked after, why shouldn't she have a personal life? Is there any evidence she's neglecting her little boy?

Last edited:
Their behavior was not aristocratic at all.
Such as Caroline with her tennis player before Princess Grace passed away.

What was Caroline's behavior with the tennis player ? She had an affair with Guillermo Vilas, the went holiday together. Two young free people living a mutual attraction and nice moments together. Where Is the blame ? Million of people live this every day, they just not get caught by Paris Match.

I just wonder if she's going to get it in her head that she has a kid who needs a lot of early nurturing. She should have married Gad when she found out she was pregnant and I don't think this Italian aristocrat is going to be The One she marries. For all we know, the aristocrat could be having a fling with her and she could end up dumped.

Even the loss of her father should be something she's come to terms with. She can't use her father's death as a reason or excuse for the mess she's starting to make of her life. I have had to deal with a lot of issues and frankly I understand, but she has been an adult for a long time now. She's now a mother and it's time for her to pull it together. No more excuses.

Unfortunately, it wasn't Charlotte's decision to make. Gad-in a much discussed interview shortly before she gave birth-announced to the world that he had no intention of marrying his pregnant girlfriend.

And he didn't...so at least he didn't mislead her.:cool:

Another poster put it succinctly...Charlotte moves on extremely quickly. Gad might now be experiencing what Alex Dellal experienced in the New Year 2012 or he might be happy to be out of the Monaco circus. No one knows for sure when they actually ended things after all.

Last edited:
Charlotte has been extremely in love with Gad, I m not so sure that the opposite was true. I might be wrong that he was very happy with this "gift" of heaven, and he was somehow using this chance. A beautiful young woman, passionate in love with him, and in top of that, from a rich princely family. I never appreciate his declarations about dating a princess, nor her appearance to his TV show. If Charlotte wanted to have a long stable relationship like her brothers, then her choice was fully wrong. When the passion calms down you en up with a man out of the pattern. I mean out of her pattern. Maybe she thought that Gad could be like Vincent Lindon which was very present with Caroline and her children, but even the relationship with Vincent Lindon did not last. Charlotte lives a highly "bourgeois " life, and her pattern is to be in couple. Her brothers since their 20s they are in couple, appearing in couple and holidaying in couple. In quite all their outs Andrea and Pierre where sharing life with Tatiana and Beatrice, Charlotte was often alone, with her child. Difficult to live.

Out of subject. Can someone identify her phone? It has a cover, so it is not an IPhone. Sony? Samsung?

I'm having trouble understand what Charlotte's done to attract the criticism I'm feeling here. Seems to me she broke up with the father of her child and now has a new man on the scene. She's not married to Gad so what's the problem? It seems their relationship was shaky for some time so it shouldn't be a big surprise that they split up. Would it have been better if she'd aborted the child? She's Catholic so I don't think she'd have done that.

Just because she has a child, should she not pursue happiness in her personal life? As long as the child is being looked after, why shouldn't she have a personal life? Is there any evidence she's neglecting her little boy?

Agree. She is young she has the right to happiness.
Nevertheless I think that some members here criticize her to have so soon an open relationship.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't recall reading about the marriage of Charlotte Casiraghi to Gad Elmaleh so she can't have divorced him either. An informal relationship that produced a child is all too common; obviously neither parent felt sufficient motivation to legalize their relationship for the benefit of the child.:bang:

Come on gerry mattered in a word? Okay not divorce is simply separation.

The fact is that married or simple relationship have a child together and have to be more careful now.

Last edited:
Wel.... I think everybody need's to have the chance to find love, and Charlotte tirelessly and desperately searching for one

I don't think that she, or any woman should stay in a unhappy relationship. Also, marriage is just paper and a status, it don't bring happiness and stability to anyone. Especially if the relationship never had anything stable before.

I know couples who live beter when they are in different houses, and their children love it because they have two houses. So, living togheter sometimes can be bad for the children, especially if the home environment is poisonous and the couple sees marriage as a burden.

About Charlotte, it seems that she decided to get pregnant when she realized that all her friends were in this phase of life, and she, who could not set at anything, decided to devote herself to a child. But it seems she is not mature enough, and instability is present in her life is in every senses.

Caroline had a similar past, so this is the pattern Charlotte has. It may not be a mistake in Caroline parenting skills, but a problem that Charlotte may have for other reasons. Not everything is the parents' fault. It will be interesting to see how Alexandra will handle with her love and professional life. If Alexandra repeat the Charlotte flcke behavior, it may be the values Caroline pass her daughters without even realizing it. If it's Caroline problens, that doesn't make her a bad person or a bad mother. She seems to love the children and be very present.

However, Caroline's fault or father issues, I agree that one can't blame forever the parents, and Charlotte is an adult. Unfortunaly she doesn't seem to have matured and acts like a teenager who decided to have a child by "boredom". But I don't want to be so harsh, because she's a first-time mother, so she has a lot to learn. In addition, the body language in Pierre's marriage, Charlotte was trying to connect with Gad, he was ignoring her.

Last edited:
Charlotte has been extremely in love with Gad, I m not so sure that the opposite was true. I might be wrong that he was very happy with this "gift" of heaven, and he was somehow using this chance. A beautiful young woman, passionate in love with him, and in top of that, from a rich princely family. I never appreciate his declarations about dating a princess, nor her appearance to his TV show. If Charlotte wanted to have a long stable relationship like her brothers, then her choice was fully wrong. When the passion calms down you en up with a man out of the pattern. I mean out of her pattern. Maybe she thought that Gad could be like Vincent Lindon which was very present with Caroline and her children, but even the relationship with Vincent Lindon did not last. Charlotte lives a highly "bourgeois " life, and her pattern is to be in couple. Her brothers since their 20s they are in couple, appearing in couple and holidaying in couple. In quite all their outs Andrea and Pierre where sharing life with Tatiana and Beatrice, Charlotte was often alone, with her child. Difficult to live.

I agree, I always had the feeling that she was crazy for him, while he was simply very fond of her and flattered to have her on his arm. I was also very put off by how freely he discussed their relationship in the press("It's loooove"!:ermm:) something Alex Dellal and the others never ever did. It made me believe that Gad was holding all the cards and could do as he pleased and he knew it, frankly. I also found their body language at Pierre's wedding odd. Gad seemed very uncomfortable, as if he didn't want to be there at all and had been given some sort of ultimatum.

I've read that the first real cracks in the relationship appeared when Charlotte insisted on baptizing Raphael into the Catholic faith rather than raise him Jewish, and that Gad gave in to please Charlotte and her family. But Charlotte felt he was not around enough and she wanted more of a presence in the life of their son..the source of this latter bit of info is People Mag by the way.

It will be interesting to see where this thing with Sanfelice leads. Unlike Gad he shares her social background, he's said to be hip and artistic, he is Italian like her late father, and he is presumably at least nominally a Catholic. He is also a little closer to her in age than Gad, though not much.

I wonder how Albert and Caroline and Charlotte's brothers feel about him?

Last edited:

So it is true, as I feared, their passionate kisses speak for themselves.

To be honest, I'm not really surprised because Charlotte has followed Caroline in so many ways, including her love life. Nor was I surprised when she gave birth to her first child at age 27 (exactly the same age Caroline & Grace gave birth to their first). History repeats itself. BUT, there is one huge difference. Charlotte gave birth out of wedlock, something her mother & grandmother never did. They had too much respect for themselves, but more importantly their child(ren).

When it comes to marriage, that's something Charlotte's late maternal grandmother and mother both took seriously. Grace was married for 26 years to the same man, father of her 3 children, until her death in 1982. And though Caroline had her first marriage annulled, her second marriage produced 3 children, and was only ended by the death of her husband in 1990. Her third marriage has produced 1 child and is still going strong after 16 years.

I think if Charlotte had only abstained from following in the family tradition of giving birth at age 27, she wouldn't be in the mess that she's in now. However, what's done is done and cannot be undone. Now is the time to choose *wisely* when it comes to a life partner/marriage. I wish her well, and most importantly hope she takes her time, doesn't rush into another relationship, date a little first, keep her options open, and realize there's plenty of fish in the sea. :flowers:

And though Caroline had her first marriage annulled, her second marriage produced 3 children, and was only ended by the death of her husband in 1990. Her third marriage has produced 1 child and is still going strong after 16 years.

Caroline is still married after 16 years but it's definitely not still going strong!

I think Charlotte doesn't know what she wants - from men, from a career point of view - she's a dilettante.

Hopefully, she made the right decision but she does rather seem to jump straight into a new relationship without any breathing space in between. Fine if it's just you but maybe not the wisest course of action if there are children in the picture.

Last edited:
Caroline has always sought stability. Even if life has decided in a different way. If I have to compare Charlotte's choices with someone of her family, I would choose Pcs Stefanie. She has been more guided from her passions than her sister. I hope that the new love is adequate and nice for Charlotte.

Let's just hope she doesn't go the way of Stephanie....

LaRae

My words exactly. What has the poor girl REALLY done? I don't think she deserves all this criticism.

Charlotte has been criticized by choosing Gad. And now she is being criticized by leaving Gad. I think that for some readers, out of Prince William (already taken) nobody is good for Charlotte.

Haha, that makes it funny somehow :p
I remember that she had said in an interview that she can understand Italian and speak some of it, but she is shy..
Well, she could "exploit" the chance of learning some Italian with him.

I think she has other in mind at the moment than learning the language...:lol:;)

Wow the judgment on here is messed up.

Charlotte was "catting around"?! Not acting aristocratic enough? Should have married Gad when she found out she was pregnant?

I've always loved these forums since 2003 but once in a while the morality police comes in and they cross the line towards offering their ridiculously silly remarks that border on sexist and are definitely anachronistic. Barf. Some people need to get off their high horse.

I certainly never want to judge Charlotte even if that's how I come across. I have been following she and her brothers since they were born. Her mother was my style icon when I was growing up. I love watching the Grimaldis...they are endlessly glamorous, beautiful and fascinating to me.

Charlotte was born with many gifts and advantages that others can only fantasize about. I just want to see her utilize them, beat the "Grimaldi curse and find contentment.

I never thought Gad was right for her. But maybe this new guy is. I wish her the best.

I agree she has made some poor choices and things are a little messy for her at the moment the passionate kissing snaps are rather foolish on her part if only from a media point of view, IMO,
She was also born with a great deal of money and that helps .. it does... to make one freer of the day to day obligations that ordinary folk face.
I hope she finds happiness and stability.

I agree she has made some poor choices and things are a little messy for her at the moment the passionate kissing snaps are rather foolish on her part if only from a media point of view, IMO,
She was also born with a great deal of money and that helps .. it does... to make one freer of the day to day obligations that ordinary folk face.
I hope she finds happiness and stability.

What poor choises has she made and what things are a little messy? She may not define her choices and things that way at all herself. Or does someone of us here know her personally?

The positive think is that actually Rafael is slightly young to surf on the Web, so he won't see this pictures. Charlotte has the freedom to introduce him her new love, whoever he is, when she decides.

Fandesacs , Raphael has a Father also , I am waiting his reaction !

What poor choises has she made and what things are a little messy? She may not define her choices and things that way at all herself. Or does someone of us here know her personally?

We don't know any of the Royals and aristocrats on TRF that we comment on but that's hardly the point, is it? The Forum was created for posters to make personal observations on the lives of these people and to express opinions...as long as they are not vulgar, libelous, violent, etc. And that is what we are doing here.

And my very personal opinion is that it was an exercise of poor judgment for Charlotte and Gad to bring a child into a relationship without a solid, established unit in place. Marriage is no guarantee of success, but it does indicate that parents have at least the intention of creating a safe, secure place for children to grow up within the bonds of a family. They will not have to deal with being passed about and shared between the households of two split up parents, especially as toddlers. Even under the best circumstances that is a stressful situation for young children.

Gad publically proclaimed during the pregnancy that marriage was not the plan. His former partner Anne Brochet-with whom he also shares a son- has hinted that he is unstable emotionally(She wrote a novel that is said to be based on her life and their relationship).

This is only an opinion, and it does not violate any rules of TRF. It goes without saying that others are free to disagree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom