Charlotte Casiraghi and Family Current Events Part 39: January 2014 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlotte has lost her allure IMO. She used to be a beautiful girl, the spitting image of her mom as a younger teen. But now the more older she gets, the more she looks like her dad Stefano... I don't know why, but she hasn't the charm she once had anymore.

She fits in well with those group of women and towers over them, lol. Also, I'm getting used to her hairstyle, it looks good on her. I just have to get used to the fact that Charlotte is no longer in the first blush of youth, but rather a mature lady of almost 30. Like all of us, she is getting older.

Princess Caroline should be proud, she raised 4 nice polite wonderful children, 2 of which have provided her some lovely grandchildren. They're a credit to her, and she to them. :flowers:

Charlotte has lost her allure IMO. She used to be a beautiful girl, the spitting image of her mom as a younger teen. But now the more older she gets, the more she looks like her dad Stefano... I don't know why, but she hasn't the charm she once had anymore.

Besides her being Caroline's daughter, I never found her particularly interesting as an individual.

She's pretty, but never stunning. She eventualy has an skunk look, smoking on the sidewalks. She have bad posture, dont have good taste in clothes, is not classy, dont excel with horses, always look like she is bored with her own existence, dont have "it". When she was a teenager was a socialite with a bored look all the time.

She seems those rich girls who complain about the burden that is their life, philosophize about why things are like this, but in the end of the day, get nowhere, cause they are just lazy or dont know how to do things differently.

And in her interviews, she seems to think herself inteligent, but besides the conections she have due to her pedigree, Charlotte never seems too bright. Her life could be brilliant, with many open doors, but she can not establish anything. Did nothing with her diplome, seems defined by men she relates, and dont do nothing interesting with her life. That title "charlotte is too smart to be a model", was really pretentious, even if in the end the report was critical of her, but anyway ..

In the good side, she's rich, she's not a paris Hilton, what she does with her life is her business, and she seems a polite girl. But she just dont look like someone with many things to add.

anyway, I think kind of odd people to be complaining about the relationship with Gad, because, like some say, "he's not handsome enough", "has another religion", "has no pedigree or is older". I do not think this is relevant. He looks like a nice guy, a good father to her son. At least she is not like other members of other noble families, keen on status and titles. She dont see to be futile or extremely shallow woman, and it's a good thing for someone with her life style.

Last edited:
Mandy187 pretty much summed it up, IMO. As to being too intelligent to be a model .... that IS really what she is in the sense that she wears designer apparel and accessories and is photographed in them. Just because she is not a runway model doesn't mean she is not a model, again, IMO.

Charlotte is a pretty girl and I don't dislike her but that is what she is a "pretty face".:flowers:

Let's be honest Caroline hasn't done much with her life either. She got her degree and hasn't really used it. Her only job has been first lady of Monaco. I think the apple didn't fall far from the tree in this family. Caroline was born into a job, Charlotte has had to find a job.

I don't agree that Caroline hasn't done much with her life - I would agree she could have done more. I think being the First Lady was probably quite full on in the early years after her mother's death. She admirably led efforts to pick up where her mother left off and set up the Ballet Company as well as leading efforts to expand the work of AMADE. She continues to support cultural events in the Principality as neither Albert nor Charlene seem especially interested in that arena.

I think Charlotte could do more but she doesn't have to. She seems to be a bit of a dilettante - I think her problem is that she feels she has to justify what she does by posing as some sort of intellectual. JMO.

:previous:Completely agree with your assessments of both Caroline and Charlotte and their accomplishments.

My suspicion is that Caroline never wanted to be anything more than a wife and mother...but life and Fate kept upsetting her plans. With her intellectual curiosity and profound interest in the arts she could have been a writer or designer, but she has used and is putting her talents to the service of Monaco and I think it's great.

Don't really know what to think about Charlotte. Other than her astonishing physical beauty I have never gotten the feeling that there's a lot under the surface. I agree that she wants to be seen as an intellectual, a philosophe...and I sense she's very bright. But she confuses me.

Last edited:
:previous:I agree. I think she may well be bright BUT I think she is a bit lazy and when something requires a bit of work on her part she backs off. Just my opinion ..... I don't even think she has worked all that hard in terms of her interest in horses, not when you compare her to someone like Zara Tindall or Athena Onassis. I think when the going gets tough with Charlotte she gets going, so to speak.

:previous:I agree. I think she may well be bright BUT I think she is a bit lazy and when something requires a bit of work on her part she backs off. Just my opinion ..... I don't even think she has worked all that hard in terms of her interest in horses, not when you compare her to someone like Zara Tindall or Athena Onassis. I think when the going gets tough with Charlotte she gets going, so to speak.

I personally don't even get the sense that she's very bright. I think she's very cultured, and very well put together, but that's not the same thing. Charlotte seems to truly buy into the idea of luxury and promoting it as a lifestyle. Her horse interests seem to be more about the money and fashion around showing, not about the hard work. (I can't imagine her driving her own horse trailer, as Zara sometimes does, for example)

That's her prerogative, but I've never been a fan for that reason. I've never seen Charlotte seem to put any effort towards using her extreme privilege for any sort of greater good, and I frown on that.

I believe the Kennedy family was right it their motto that to whom much is given, much is expected. Charlotte doesn't seem to be interested in giving back.
http://www.theroyalforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Sadly, you might be right about that. There was a poster here on TRF, can't remember the name..but this poster knew people who had gone to school with Charlotte at Fenelon in Fontainebleau. This poster didn't have very flattering things to report about beautiful Charlotte.

The worst things were what she used to post about how Charlotte treated her horses. They were ridden so badly that their spirits were broken and they were often ruined. She wouldn't dream of tacking them herself or doing any of the unglamorous equine chores that more accomplished riders like Tindall and Onassis are said to do.

She would just ride them and hand them off to a groom and forget about them. I always found this very surprising and disappointing.:ermm:

The thing about Philosophy is that a person may babble a bit and be vague and come off as "deep" and "thoughtful". Real philosophers are not like that. Frankly, I think Charlotte needs to "give it up" or she may start to look very foolish.

:previous:Yes, I completely agree.
Having a philosophy degree does not make someone a philosopher. As well as knowing how to cook does not make one a chef.
She did an event in Monaco, but so what? What impact it had?

Sadly, you might be right about that. There was a poster here on TRF, can't remember the name..but this poster knew people who had gone to school with Charlotte at Fenelon in Fontainebleau. This poster didn't have very flattering things to report about beautiful Charlotte.

Just out of curiosity, besides the horses, the poster mentioned something in particular about her studing skills or the kind of person she was? :ROFLMAO:

And it was not Charlotte that didnt want to follow the philosophy career cause she was insecure about being able to teach, or something similar?

The worst things were what she used to post about how Charlotte treated her horses. They were ridden so badly that their spirits were broken and they were often ruined. She wouldn't dream of tacking them herself or doing any of the unglamorous equine chores that more accomplished riders like Tindall and Onassis are said to do.

I would never expect something like this about her. I always thought her interest in horses but her status would lead to glamorous events, and why not? But I never thought glamor and glittering were Charlotte's main focus .

If it is true, it's kind of odd for someone who says to be interested the environmental problems. Again this seems to be more a superficial interest, and she has an unimpressive work in the newspaper, babbling about it.

Sorry, but for me, particularly, Charlotte always seemed an avarage girl, born in a rich family. Not that this is something morally bad, but I do not see anything in her to be admired, that a common person does not.

Last edited:
I personally don't even get the sense that she's very bright. I think she's very cultured, and very well put together, but that's not the same thing. Charlotte seems to truly buy into the idea of luxury and promoting it as a lifestyle. Her horse interests seem to be more about the money and fashion around showing, not about the hard work. (I can't imagine her driving her own horse trailer, as Zara sometimes does, for example)

That's her prerogative, but I've never been a fan for that reason. I've never seen Charlotte seem to put any effort towards using her extreme privilege for any sort of greater good, and I frown on that.

I believe the Kennedy family was right it their motto that to whom much is given, much is expected. Charlotte doesn't seem to be interested in giving back.
http://www.theroyalforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

I think you hit the nail on the head. She does seem to be a champion of the 'luxury lifestyle.' What I don't get is she says she wants to live a private life yet every year she is on the cover of some magazine giving an interview. It is a bit contradictory and I'm not entirely sure why she does this - contractual agreements from all the brands she is an ambassador for? It doesn't add up.

On the other hand, there is that possibility that she does give back and uses her privilege to do good in a purely anonymous manner. We really don't know..

Hmmm, Philosophy and the Environment .... how very au courant ..... I don't have anything against Charlotte, I'm just not buying all this.

The thing about Philosophy is that a person may babble a bit and be vague and come off as "deep" and "thoughtful". Real philosophers are not like that. Frankly, I think Charlotte needs to "give it up" or she may start to look very foolish.

In all fairness to Charlotte she did very well at Fenelon and at the Sorbonne. Not well enough to gain acceptance to the prestigious Ecole Normale Superieure which was reportedly her goal, but she was said to have been an excellent student. I have no doubt that she was/is a smart and studious girl. It's just that in her concern not to be seen as just a pretty face riding on the coattails of her famous family she can come off as a bit precious. She is reported to have made the comment that she "doesn't want to be a socialite" which caused me to laugh out loud.

That is in fact exactly what she is:cool:!

mandy187...the poster who spoke about Charlotte at Fenelon said that she had a reputation for being standoffish. She was extremely proud of her family and her heritage, and I find nothing particularly wrong with that.

But she implied that Charlotte was a major snob at Fenelon.

Last edited:
I think she likes the luxury life and gets paid well for her work. If she wanted to remain private she would have gotten a job using her skills and remained under the radar. Her brothers have done this .

I've actually heard that Charlotte is shy, which can come off as standoffish, per a person that also attended university with her. I remember reading this ages ago. Of course this is all pure speculation, as none of us are personal friends with Charlotte nor know her except what we read or see. And views are built on personal perception, thus if one already has a conscious or unconscious negative perception of Charlotte, s/he viewpoint will be such, and the reverse is true as well. No one is truly neutral.

I like the Grimaldis and always have, thus I choose to give her the benefit of the doubt, otherwise I wouldn't follow the Princely Family of Monaco. :) Of course the reverse is true as well, as evidenced by the deluge of either blatant or clever trolls on the internet. :devil:

The Grimaldis are one of my two favorite families on this Forum. I find none of the other Royals nearly as glamorous or as interesting and beautiful. But other than her physical beauty I don't find Charlotte as compelling as her mother, period.

That's neither being biased or a troll, and I am not saying she's a bad person. It's a personal opinion based on interviews and photographs since I've obviously never met her.

So yes...I do indeed consider myself completely "neutral" regarding Charlotte since my opinion is neither all negative or position.

Last edited:
Can anybody summarize, what she says?
And who is the man with the name Grimaldi? A relative of her?

If i understood correctly the following link has an interview or a description of the philosophical meeting in Monaco (?)
Charlotte Casiraghi

:previous: Would be nice if she go deep in promoting philosophical issues and debates, it's a good thing she's doing.

It would be better if the videos have English subtitles

I like the Grimaldis and always have, thus I choose to give her the benefit of the doubt, otherwise I wouldn't follow the Princely Family of Monaco. :) Of course the reverse is true as well, as evidenced by the deluge of either blatant or clever trolls on the internet. :devil:

Criticize someone, it is well founded, doesn't mean being troll.
Also one does not need to be all sugars to demonstrate that appreciates something.
I particularly find interesting the royal lifestyle and became interested in Monaco more because of Grace, I have nothing against charlotte, I do not think she is a evil person or anything. She never did anything bad to anyone, and seems to be a quiet girl.

But she seems to contradict herself in her speechs, end up doing things that criticize and seems a little confused with what to do with her life. I see nothing impressive about it. Anyway if she shows something different, my opinion will change, it's nothing personal.

I refrain to comment on the lives of Stephanie's children, or Andrea for example, cause they are much more private people and are not seeking to appear on magazine covers and give big interviews. But this seems to be Charlotte choice, and nothing wrong with it actually.

Also, It makes sense her being shy, cause she dont appears to be relaxed in front of cameras, specially in her young years. Which is kind of funny (in a cute and curious way) for someone who is photographed from birth, but probably this has more to do with temperament, and the type of overprotected education Caroline gave to her children since she has traumas of being princess, although she actualy loves the glamor side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom