Charlotte Casiraghi And Athina Onassis Roussel

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paulina

Gentry
City
San Francisco
Country
United States
Just wondering, since I just saw an E! special on Trust Fund Babies, that Athina Roussel is into horse shows. So is Charlotte. Does anyone know if the two girls know each other or if they like each other or if they compete in the same events? I think Charlotte is a few years younger than Athina. Just wondering. It seems like a rarefied world, horse shows.

I've seen a picture or two of the two of them together. I think they just see each other at horse events and whatnot.

yeah, me too. somebody posted that picture long ago in the forum. i have seen several in other sites too.

I saw pictures of them together more than one time. But it was always in horse-related stuff.

I read a rumor somewhere on the Internet that Athina and Charlotte don't like each other - and that Charlotte gave Athina the 'evil eye' at an event! I have two pics of them standing around together, but they don't look like the best of friends...more like 'bumping' into each other at the same show.

Found a picture. Below is the link:

Athina and Charlotte

Well there was this pic in 2002 of them saying hello at a horse competition, but there's no eveidence if they are friends.

Charlotte and Athina were pictured at the Monte Carlo jumping in April 2001, but at that event they were not seen talking to each other. Charlotte was sitting in her usual front row place in the Grimaldi table. Athina was seated in the row just above talking to her family and to a guy named Julian something. Then Char and Athina were pictured talking to each other in May 2002. May 3rd, I think. That was at a show jumping in Fontainebleau.

So, I guess that makes Charlotte and Athina just acquaintances since they travel on the same circles. Do you think the feud of their grandfathers have something to do with this supposed coldness?

In my opinion not coldness

I don't believe their grandfathers' feuds affects how they view each other.
I doubt Rainier would have ever said to Char, "Don't be nice to her. Her grandpa was an ass!" Seriously, come on. I think they just aren't friends. They know each other. They have friends in common, like Wendy Wauters. But why do they have to be friends? Maybe they aren't into the same things! So what if they both like horses? It takes more than a shared interest in horses to make a friendship.
I think they respect each other, even though they aren't buddy buddies.

I have seen a picture of Charlotte and Athina in a horse´s auction, I don´t know at what country. The magazine told they were "rivals" at horse competitions and also in that auction; but none of them bought anything in the auction.

I like a lot to read about Athina too- she is going to marry in the end of the year here in Brazil. :)

worldroots.com atthinA y charlotte:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither have their mothers' "charisma". What a shame!

Tosca said:

If that implies that they will live better and happier lifes than their mothers, then it is not a shame but a good thing.

Last edited:
Charisma

:eek:
Tosca said:

Sorry but I'll completely disagree with you.:mad:

Charlotte is as much pretty, or may be prettier than her mother. She seems to be calmer and more "anonymeous" that her mother, but on the other side she seems to have a more normal life than her mother had in the same age. Do not forget that in the age of 18-19, Caroline was revolted, constantly pursued by Paparazzis, trying to steal her pics, I read somewhere that one evening a paparazzi followed her to the entrance of her appartement and pushed her to the wall, to block her and to make a close pic of her, she was extremely shocked. At the same age also she got married and at 21 she got divorced, and she was hurt and sorry. So if the "charisma" provoked her all these problems, she'd better not have it......

As regards Christina Onassis, mother of Athina, as I'm greek myself, her story is very well known.
Despite extremely rich, she was hurt by the destiny in all means. Not handsome, fitting against obesity problems in all her short life, she lost before the age of 25, all her family, father, mother & brother, she had many marriages, all finished very soon... and she constantly felt lonely and desperate.
She married Athina's father, but they quite immedietely split up, very close after their marriage (maybe during also..) he already had another relationship with Gabi, and they had children, with ages very close to Athina's.
She stayed alone and she mysteriousely died at the age of 38.
Athina's grand father had a "charisma", but her mother not. In all her life she was a tragical destiny, ant the live example of "money does not make hapiness", in this case, money was a damnation....

Caroline had also tragical events, but she had and has also big hapinesses, and we wish her to have more and more.

But Christina Onassis life had ONLY tragedy, she did not even had the hapiness to see her daughter grow.... When she died, Athina was 2 or 3 years old.

Thats about charisma..

Charlotte definitely has as much "charisma" as Caroline, imo. And Athina is more interesting to me than Christina. Athina is prettier than Christina and she seems very charming. I'm not saying anything against Christina because I think Christina was probably a very sweet woman, but I would never use "charisma" to describe her and, although she had a big heart, she was not anything special to look at, had no sort of noticable fashion sense. Not that those things really matter, but if you're going to say Christina had more "charisma" than her daughter, then you have to be referring to her looks and her fashion sense, at least in part. Poor Christina, she was a very tragic person. She had terrible parents (an abusive father and an immature, insensitive mother). Athina was a tad more lucky. Despite having a father who offends for so many reasons (!!! a whole other story!!!!), Athina does have a nice stepmother, according to most reports, and great relationships with her siblings.

Well, being the same age as Caroline:( , I followed her saga (almost) entirely, by hook or by crook. Her face was on the covers everywhere, you couldn't escape this! I know that Christina had a tragic life too. Her mother's death was suspicious, and so was that of her beloved brother. Not to mention the series of her unhappy marriages. However there was sort of a magnetic personality both in Caro and Chris, apart from their looks.
Athina is surely prettier than her mother, and Charlotte's facial traits are lovelier than those of Caro, however they both look so insipid to me.

Perhaps that depends on the fact that I belong to a different generation, and that in those times there weren't so many top models, starlettes, showgirls around like there are today, and all mags attention was concentrated on the jet-society. For this reason Caro and Chris might have been turned into myths by the media of that time.

Are you saying that they are insipid because they don't go to outrageous parties and do scandalous things? In my opinion, nobody knows what Charlotte and Athina are really like. The media is not able to shed light on their lives because they have chosen to lead their lives incognito. So, maybe it could be said that the intrigue of CC and Athina is mystery as opposed to the colorfulness of their mothers' lives...

miau said:
Are you saying that they are insipid because they don't go to outrageous parties and do scandalous things? In my opinion, nobody knows what Charlotte and Athina are really like. The media is not able to shed light on their lives because they have chosen to lead their lives incognito. So, maybe it could be said that the intrigue of CC and Athina is mystery as opposed to the colorfulness of their mothers' lives...

Yes! Is it just me or has Paris Hilton become boring from over-exposure? We know
too much about her. There's no mystery. I'm sure if Charlotte were on tabloids everyday, with stories of her hard-partying, dancing topless and other Paris-worthy stunts, I'd lose interest in her after awhile. I have nothing against Paris, but when she is in the headlines, I don't pay attention because it's "just another Paris thing" and it's boring.

I agree. Also, there's something false about Paris and her stunts. I can't quite put my finger on it, but in my opinion she could just as well be a pc game character. She's hollow, the things she does probably do not represent her as a person. Everything about her is simply publicity.

miau said:
I agree. Also, there's something false about Paris and her stunts. I can't quite put my finger on it, but in my opinion she could just as well be a pc game character. She's hollow, the things she does probably do not represent her as a person. Everything about her is simply publicity.

I don't know much about Paris Hilton, apart from the fact that she exists, because she's not that popular where I live. Anyway, I should have used the French word "verve" (I don't know what's the English for it, sorry) instead of "charisma", when talking about their mothers.
I think that it has nothing to do with good looks, popularity and social status. It's just a matter of one's nature IMO.
Char just reminds me of Italian actress Monica Bellucci: no doubt she's beautiful, however she's insipid.;)

Platano said:
worldroots.com atthinA y charlotte:cool:

People magazine has an article on Athina this week-she apparently fought for control of her fortune against her father, now she is going to take on the trustees. I wish I could find a picture of Charlotte at her Debutante Ball-she did have didn't she??? Maybe that's why I can't find one. I'm from the late Princess Grace's hometown of Philadelphia and as far back as I remember they always wrote articles in the local papers about the Grimaldis and their Kelly in-laws. When Princess Stephanie had her Debut they did an article in the society page of the Philadelphia Daily News. When Stephanie's uncle Jack Kelly died they wrote that his niece was dressed 'almost defiantly' in black leather at his funeral. I was a kid then and I always liked Stephanie best!

Last edited by a moderator:
well, she did have a birthday party, a private one when she turned 18 last year....but all pictures we had were those when we walked to the place the party took place, not the picture at the party itself...it was well guarded, i think...and very private...

Poor Athina is already developing her mother's legendary figure problems. A pocket of cellulite is evident underneath her rear.

Do you think Charlotte and her brothers would be invited to the upcoming Athina's grand wedding?
Do they hang out in the same circle of friends?

I don't think they are in the same circle of friends. We must remember Athina hat cut with everything when she moved to Brasil. Anyway, I like more Athina than Charlotte, she is for me more natural, more normal...I like her!

nayralorenzo said:
I don't think they are in the same circle of friends. We must remember Athina hat cut with everything when she moved to Brasil. Anyway, I like more Athina than Charlotte, she is for me more natural, more normal...I like her!

Interesting opinion.
What makes you tell that?? I mean Charlotte has been more and more exposed than Athina, so how could compare them??
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom