The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by miau
I agree. Also, there's something false about Paris and her stunts. I can't quite put my finger on it, but in my opinion she could just as well be a pc game character. She's hollow, the things she does probably do not represent her as a person. Everything about her is simply publicity.
I don't know much about Paris Hilton, apart from the fact that she exists, because she's not that popular where I live. Anyway, I should have used the French word "verve" (I don't know what's the English for it, sorry) instead of "charisma", when talking about their mothers.
I think that it has nothing to do with good looks, popularity and social status. It's just a matter of one's nature IMO.
Char just reminds me of Italian actress Monica Bellucci: no doubt she's beautiful, however she's insipid.

Old 11-12-2005, 04:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platano
worldroots.com atthinA y charlotte
People magazine has an article on Athina this week-she apparently fought for control of her fortune against her father, now she is going to take on the trustees. I wish I could find a picture of Charlotte at her Debutante Ball-she did have didn't she??? Maybe that's why I can't find one. I'm from the late Princess Grace's hometown of Philadelphia and as far back as I remember they always wrote articles in the local papers about the Grimaldis and their Kelly in-laws. When Princess Stephanie had her Debut they did an article in the society page of the Philadelphia Daily News. When Stephanie's uncle Jack Kelly died they wrote that his niece was dressed 'almost defiantly' in black leather at his funeral. I was a kid then and I always liked Stephanie best!

Old 11-17-2005, 04:19 AM
Nobility

well, she did have a birthday party, a private one when she turned 18 last year....but all pictures we had were those when we walked to the place the party took place, not the picture at the party itself...it was well guarded, i think...and very private...
Old 11-27-2005, 11:19 PM
Aristocracy

Poor Athina is already developing her mother's legendary figure problems. A pocket of cellulite is evident underneath her rear.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:28 AM

Oh no! Athina is very thin nowadays! Haven't you seen the most recent pics?
go to: http://athina.casiraghitrio.com (the new site for the old athinaonassis.net)
Old 11-28-2005, 02:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
go to: http://athina.casiraghitrio.com (the new site for the old athinaonassis.net)
It doesn't come up for me....
Old 11-28-2005, 06:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Do you think Charlotte and her brothers would be invited to the upcoming Athina's grand wedding?
Do they hang out in the same circle of friends?
Old 11-28-2005, 06:39 AM
Aristocracy

I don't think they are in the same circle of friends. We must remember Athina hat cut with everything when she moved to Brasil. Anyway, I like more Athina than Charlotte, she is for me more natural, more normal...I like her!
Old 11-28-2005, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayralorenzo
I don't think they are in the same circle of friends. We must remember Athina hat cut with everything when she moved to Brasil. Anyway, I like more Athina than Charlotte, she is for me more natural, more normal...I like her!
Interesting opinion.
What makes you tell that?? I mean Charlotte has been more and more exposed than Athina, so how could compare them??
Thanks
Old 11-29-2005, 04:33 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Hello Casiraghitrio. I am very curious about your Athina´s site! Is it up already? I can´t access it now. :(
Old 12-01-2005, 09:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Didn't she get married this weekend?
Old 12-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal
Didn't she get married this weekend?

Athina is going to marry tomorrow (December 03, Saturday)
I can´t wait to thee the next weeks magazines :)
Old 12-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farah Monaco
Athina is going to marry tomorrow (December 03, Saturday)
I can´t wait to thee the next weeks magazines :)
She did marry, but apparently no pics!!! out of this stolen, source www.hola.com

http://tinypic.com/i6fb7a.jpg

To come back to the Charlotte-Athina acquaintence, hereunder two photos from the April 2001 Monaco jumping, those Casiraghi trio was talking about. Both girls do not appear to communicate.
http://tinypic.com/i6fbso.jpg

http://tinypic.com/i6fby8.jpg

Source of both : Corbis
Old 12-05-2005, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Both girls do not appear to communicate.

Sort of hereditary jealousy? I read that Christina O was sooo jealous of Caroline.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Commoner

If I recognise Athina, I think they don't talk because they're not on the same row. (I'm saying they're friends, but that doesn't mean they're a rift btwn them).

ps: I'm new :)
Old 12-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari
If I recognise Athina, I think they don't talk because they're not on the same row. (I'm saying they're friends, but that doesn't mean they're a rift btwn them).

ps: I'm new :)
Welcome mari.

IMO there is not any reason to these two girls to be neither friends nor ennemis. Their grandfathers used to be friends and partners, before to get angry , but that's it! Athina's grandfather died more than ten years before her birth, and she roughely remembers her mother:( , so why she should feel close to the Grimaldis?

Charlotte grew up in Monaco-Saint Remy-Fontainebleau and Athina near Morges in Vaud-Switzerland and Belgium, why they should be related? They meet eachother in the various horse events, but that's it, nothing else. Charlotte is very friend with Athina's cousins, the Niarchos, but I do not think that Athina is very related to her cousins, I do not think so.
Nobody of the Monaco's has been present to Athina's wedding, and Athina never showed up in any of the Monaco family various events.
I think no any relation exist out of some horse meetings "hello-hello"
Old 12-05-2005, 02:02 PM

Athina has gotten married to Doda. The wedding was Saturday, December 3rd. I posted some details (the very few we know so far) at my new site for Athina: http://athina.casiraghitrio.com

There were about 750 guests. I wonder if there were any titled people, aristocratic or royal, in attendance.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:47 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Athina has gotten married to Doda. The wedding was Saturday, December 3rd. I posted some details (the very few we know so far) at my new site for Athina: http://athina.casiraghitrio.com

There were about 750 guests. I wonder if there were any titled people, aristocratic or royal, in attendance.
I read that people from Monaco went to the wedding (but as for now I don´t know if any royalty came).

The sad part is that Athina´s father did not come to the wedding - the only family member was her half sister Sandrine. (how come a father doesn´t go to the daughter´s marriage?)

Here is the drawn of her wedding dress, from Valentino.

And a few pics from the wedding place.

source: www.estadao.com.br
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	athina1.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	218564   Click image for larger version

Name:	athina3.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	218565   Click image for larger version

Name:	athina2.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	218566  
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farah Monaco
I read that people from Monaco went to the wedding (but as for now I don´t know if any royalty came).

The sad part is that Athina´s father did not come to the wedding - the only family member was her half sister Sandrine. (how come a father doesn´t go to the daughter´s marriage?)
I read they had a huge fight when she wanted to take control of her fortune when she turned 18. I guess there's still resentment, which is sad.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:15 PM

Yes, it is so sad Thierry wasn't there, but even sadder Gaby didn't go. Gaby and Athina used to be so close, just like real mother and daughter. I'm surprised to hear Sandrine was the only sibling there. Why not Erik and Johanna? Johanna is Athina's darling baby sister. I wonder if the Niarchos and Livanos clans were there. Maybe Princess Haya of Jordan was there too.I have a few more pics from rex that I'm adding on the website athina.casiraghitrio.com