The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 01-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Damage control or not clearly she makes Prince Albert very, very happy.

In the end, it doesn't really matter if she reads Kipling or Judy Blume, if she has a high school education or two Ph.D's. If Albert is happy with Charlene, enjoys her company, and if he's in love with her, well, what are you going to do? Write him a letter and tell him to break up with her because you, and/or others, don't like her? Yeah... that will work.

She hasn't really done anything blasphemious that would deem her completely and utterly unsuitable and thus the entire planet will explode... so what's the problem?

Voicing your opinion is fine as well as having varying opinions (which, btw, I appreciate and prefer to read discussion boards), but some of these rants are becoming quite old. Ever heard of beating a dead horse? Yeah, it's beyond that now.

__________________

  #162  
Old 01-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Damage control or not clearly she makes Prince Albert very, very happy.

In the end, it doesn't really matter if she reads Kipling or Judy Blume, if she has a high school education or two Ph.D's. If Albert is happy with Charlene, enjoys her company, and if he's in love with her, well, what are you going to do? Write him a letter and tell him to break up with her because you, and/or others, don't like her? Yeah... that will work.

She hasn't really done anything blasphemious that would deem her completely and utterly unsuitable and thus the entire planet will explode... so what's the problem?

Voicing your opinion is fine as well as having varying opinions (which, btw, I appreciate and prefer to read discussion boards), but some of these rants are becoming quite old. Ever heard of beating a dead horse? Yeah, it's beyond that now.


BRAVO!! BRAVO!! BRAVO!! *huge applause*

Albert could do a LOT worse than Charlene....ever hear of Carla Bruni??!!
__________________

  #163  
Old 01-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
BRAVO!! BRAVO!! BRAVO!! *huge applause*

Albert could do a LOT worse than Charlene....ever hear of Carla Bruni??!!
It's was reported years ago that they supposedly have dated. I believe it was shortly after her Mick Jagger affair.
  #164  
Old 01-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NEW YORK, United States
Posts: 151
you cannot compare a super model carla bruni to charlene, it does not matter if charlene is on every local magazine, when i was in monaco two moths ago, i ask some of my friends that live in monaco about her some dont know her, the other think their relationship is a joke, that is why i dont read this magazine because alot of the these they said are not 100% true, until a news of their wedding appear on a t.v, i would not belive any thing said or write on a magazine.
  #165  
Old 01-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by amad1108 View Post
you cannot compare a super model carla bruni to charlene, it does not matter if charlene is on every local magazine, when i was in monaco two moths ago, i ask some of my friends that live in monaco about her some dont know her, the other think their relationship is a joke, that is why i dont read this magazine because alot of the these they said are not 100% true, until a news of their wedding appear on a t.v, i would not belive any thing said or write on a magazine.

I beg to differ...why indeed NOT can you compare them?? Both are high profile girlfriend/companions of heads of state. Both are in the news strictly because of the men they are dating.

And so what if Ms Bruni is/was a "supermodel"...she has had numerous affairs with married men. She has lived with a magazine publisher and become pregnant by her lover's SON...she has publically proclaimed herself "allergic to monogamy".

She makes Charlene Wittstock look like Snow White in comparison, IMO.
  #166  
Old 01-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
It's was reported years ago that they supposedly have dated. I believe it was shortly after her Mick Jagger affair.

Oh my god...I remember she went after Jagger while Jerry Hall was pregnant with her last baby, but I do not remember that she dated Albert?!

It doesn't surprise me that they nailed one another, though. Thank goodness he didn't marry her!

President Sarkozy's life is about to turn into a circus, and not the fun kind.
  #167  
Old 01-14-2008, 06:01 PM
stellad's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , New Zealand
Posts: 688
GlitteringTiaras,

I love your comment and agree with you wholeheartedly.

Stellad
  #168  
Old 01-14-2008, 06:13 PM
acdc1's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: somewhere in, United States
Posts: 1,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
BRAVO!! BRAVO!! BRAVO!! *huge applause*

Albert could do a LOT worse than Charlene....ever hear of Carla Bruni??!!
Laughed out loud when I read your quote!

But seriously, what is so bad about Charlene? I'm not her biggest fan, but he can- and has done- do a whole ton worse.
  #169  
Old 01-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NEW YORK, United States
Posts: 151
ms bruni life may not be perfect, that does not make charlene a angel, they both have their problem at least bruni got the ring if through her past is bad, what does charlene got? the every day gossip about a wedding that may or may not happen.
  #170  
Old 01-14-2008, 06:22 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
I beg to differ...why indeed NOT can you compare them?? Both are high profile girlfriend/companions of heads of state. Both are in the news strictly because of the men they are dating.

And so what if Ms Bruni is/was a "supermodel"...she has had numerous affairs with married men. She has lived with a magazine publisher and become pregnant by her lover's SON...she has publically proclaimed herself "allergic to monogamy".

She makes Charlene Wittstock look like Snow White in comparison, IMO.
Forgetting about personal relationships Ms Bruni but look at her resume of what she has personally accomplishes in her life model/singer/well educated/speaks 3 languages she stands out ahead of Charlene in that regard. If Charlene is actually doing the things the last article stated with reading and learning French she is trying to get an education for herself even if not in a school as I did myself and give her credit for it. She has changed her dress, hair and makeup that was also a good start but I'm afraid from everything I have heard in private about her I'm not sure it will be enough for the people of Monaco to accept her as the next Princess of Monaco to follow Grace.
  #171  
Old 01-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by amad1108 View Post
ms bruni life may not be perfect, that does not make charlene a angel, they both have their problem at least bruni got the ring if through her past is bad, what does charlene got? the every day gossip about a wedding that may or may not happen.


So true, unfortunately. Re the comments of this Carla's romantic life, it seems these days so called morals, etc are not what ,I guess, some men are looking for. If the woman has what these men enjoy and want in a woman--there you are. So these "attractive" women, hopefully, can function other than the love thing. Perhaps, these men will make their choice work.
  #172  
Old 01-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
Forgetting about personal relationships Ms Bruni but look at her resume of what she has personally accomplishes in her life model/singer/well educated/speaks 3 languages she stands out ahead of Charlene in that regard. If Charlene is actually doing the things the last article stated with reading and learning French she is trying to get an education for herself even if not in a school as I did myself and give her credit for it. She has changed her dress, hair and makeup that was also a good start but I'm afraid from everything I have heard in private about her I'm not sure it will be enough for the people of Monaco to accept her as the next Princess of Monaco to follow Grace.
Do tell! You can't drop a sentence like that and then keep us guessing.
__________________
Free Albert !
  #173  
Old 01-14-2008, 06:55 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
Do tell! You can't drop a sentence like that and then keep us guessing.
Sorry we can't post anything that isn't documented by a news source online.
  #174  
Old 01-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by amad1108 View Post
ms bruni life may not be perfect, that does not make charlene a angel, they both have their problem at least bruni got the ring if through her past is bad, what does charlene got? the every day gossip about a wedding that may or may not happen.


But, what is Charlene's problem? That is the question you should be asking yourself, right?

What did she physically do that makes her so incredibly unsuitable in some member's eyes? Is it because she is no longer a swimmer? Flubbed her training? Or, is it due to the fact that she didn't attend university? What?

What is it exactly... pin point her problem and explain, because so far I haven't seen nor heard anything (from credible sources such as CNN, The Times, RTL, etc.) bad about her that would seriously damage Albert and/or Monaco.

Viewing this whole situation with a neutral eye I haven't witnessed anything horrific that Charlene has done... past or present. The only problem I "see": Monaco royal watchers who aren't too keen on her for what ever reason (did she wear gold shoes from Cathy Jean, instead of Louboutin, with a Valentino dress?) Furthermore, that she is the companion of a ruling Prince who happens to care for her and who seems incredilby happy. And as a result, irritates some to no end.


  #175  
Old 01-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
Forgetting about personal relationships Ms Bruni but look at her resume of what she has personally accomplishes in her life model/singer/well educated/speaks 3 languages she stands out ahead of Charlene in that regard. If Charlene is actually doing the things the last article stated with reading and learning French she is trying to get an education for herself even if not in a school as I did myself and give her credit for it. She has changed her dress, hair and makeup that was also a good start but I'm afraid from everything I have heard in private about her I'm not sure it will be enough for the people of Monaco to accept her as the next Princess of Monaco to follow Grace.

I am not impressed with Ms Bruni's professional accomplishments when we also know that she has slept with married men unapologetically and become pregnant by the SON OF A MAN SHE WAS LIVING WITH!! My God...is it just me or does she come of as a floozy to end all?

Who cares how many languages she speaks, how many fashion covers she has been on...do you mean to tell me it would be okay for someone who has the morality of an alley cat to become Princess as long as she is multi-lingual and goal oriented??!
  #176  
Old 01-14-2008, 07:46 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by amad1108 View Post
ms bruni life may not be perfect, that does not make charlene a angel, they both have their problem at least bruni got the ring if through her past is bad, what does charlene got? the every day gossip about a wedding that may or may not happen.
Charlene is disciplined and talented enough to have become an Olympic athlete. That is nothing to sneeze at.

Give me Charlene ANYDAY over a woman like Carla, who sounds like she has no sense of personal integrity AT ALL.
  #177  
Old 01-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Laughed out loud when I read your quote!

But seriously, what is so bad about Charlene? I'm not her biggest fan, but he can- and has done- do a whole ton worse.

I'm not her biggest fan either, I wish Albert would choose someone with some LINEAGE because the House of Grimaldi needs it!

But I fail to see how she is not qualified to become Princess of a Principality that has a Heredity Prince with Albert's personal baggage, not to mention the baggage of his two sisters.
  #178  
Old 01-14-2008, 07:56 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
I am not impressed with Ms Bruni's professional accomplishments when we also know that she has slept with married men unapologetically and become pregnant by the SON OF A MAN SHE WAS LIVING WITH!! My God...is it just me or does she come of as a floozy to end all?

Who cares how many languages she speaks, how many fashion covers she has been on...do you mean to tell me it would be okay for someone who has the morality of an alley cat to become Princess as long as she is multi-lingual and goal oriented??!
I'm sorry you didn't understand what I wrote I said
Quote:
Forgetting about personal relationships Ms Bruni
I wasn't talking about morals. Apparently these days some men don't care about them looking at their pasts as well they can't talk or shouldn't expect much. People can also change. Besides did I say I didn't like Charlene? NO.

Now that we are all off topic a Moderator will be slapping soon.
  #179  
Old 01-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
I'm sorry you didn't understand what I wrote I said I wasn't talking about morals. Apparently these days some men don't care about them looking at their pasts as well they can't talk or shouldn't expect much. People can also change. Besides did I say I didn't like Charlene? NO.

Now that we are all off topic a Moderator will be slapping soon.

No, no I do understand and I apologize because I should have worded my response differently.

I do see your point about Ms Bruni's accomplishment vs. Charlene's perceived lack of them, but I just think Olympic achievement-which Charlene has-is just as impressive as being a supermodel. Being a supermodel simply means that you photograph extremely well and have certain physical attributes, which is nothing but genetic bingo. An Olympian MUST have a certain steely determination and discipline which they acquire thru hard work and training.

As for languages, well. Many Europeans speak more than one language so Ms Bruni is not exceptional in that regard. It's never too late to learn and hopefully Charlene IS learning the French language if indeed her future is in Monaco.

Otherwise she is just lazy, and a fool to boot!
  #180  
Old 01-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NEW YORK, United States
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
But, what is Charlene's problem? That is the question you should be asking yourself, right?

What did she physically do that makes her so incredibly unsuitable in some member's eyes? Is it because she is no longer a swimmer? Flubbed her training? Or, is it due to the fact that she didn't attend university? What?

What is it exactly... pin point her problem and explain, because so far I haven't seen nor heard anything (from credible sources such as CNN, The Times, RTL, etc.) bad about her that would seriously damage Albert and/or Monaco.

Viewing this whole situation with a neutral eye I haven't witnessed anything horrific that Charlene has done... past or present. The only problem I "see": Monaco royal watchers who aren't too keen on her for what ever reason (did she wear gold shoes from Cathy Jean, instead of Louboutin, with a Valentino dress?) Furthermore, that she is the companion of a ruling Prince who happens to care for her and who seems incredilby happy. And as a result, irritates some to no end.
how do you know albert is happy, it does not mean because she is not on the news,and the press are not showing you behind the scenes, she gave up her job to follow a man around, and walk behind him in events if that is not one of the problem then what is?
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Current Events 2 : Oct.2007 - Jan.2008 Zonk Current Events Archive 209 01-30-2008 06:46 AM
Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Current Events 1 : July 2007 - Oct.2007 Zonk Current Events Archive 208 10-03-2007 09:12 PM
Charlene Wittstock Current Events 8 : Jan.2007 - May 2007 Lady Jennifer Current Events Archive 204 05-17-2007 07:47 PM
Charlene Wittstock Current Events 7 : Nov.2006 - Jan.2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 201 01-11-2007 07:35 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit dutch state visit to france e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece harald v kate middleton king abdullah ii king abdullah in australia king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala nobel gowns norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess marie fashion princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 sheikha hind state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises