The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
On a different note, I recently watched the 1983 movie Grace Kelly aka The Grace Kelly Story. It starred model/actress Cheryl Ladd. It was amazing how much Cheryl's portrayal of Grace reminded me of Charlene. In many instances both Cheryl's and Charlene's mannerisms and facial features were identical, and in an unexpected way, seeing Cheryl's portrayal of Grace made me feel empathy for what Charlene must be going through.
Actually I have a vague recollection of that movie. While I understand where you are coming from, the situations are totally different. On the topic of Charlene looking like Grace, that is intentional either on her part, her handlers part or Albert's because if you look at the transformation of the hairstyles over the last few months and the make up someone is trying awfully hard to make that comparison seem real. However that's were it all stops. Grace never spoke to the press about any of her supposed relationships. Charlene on the other hand has spoken often as has her family about her relationship with Albert, the last being in September when she let it be known that her address WAS the palace. Her behavior and her demeanor are the opposite of Grace. People would have been willing to over look many things with Charlene if only she had kept her mouth shut like other royal girlfriends but she didn't and she hasn't. Let us see what happens down the road. JMO

Old 11-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Serene Highness

^ Keep in mind that Marie Cavallier also spoke with the press early on and is in line to be the next Princess of Denmark. Stranger things have happened.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 11-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit View Post
^ Keep in mind that Marie Cavallier also spoke with the press early on and is in line to be the next Princess of Denmark. Stranger things have happened.
Did she continue to speak to the press or was this just an early mistake on her part because that could be forgiven. I think many of us thought that after the Paris Match article that Charlene would not disclose any more information but as I said she has continued to do so. I realize that Albert doesn't seem to mind which I find odd for a man who said that he keeps his true girlfriends hidden from the public. So what does that make Charlene?
Old 11-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Nobility

What does the real and natural Charlene look like? Just some follow-up tidbits from my PGA 2006 post.

Here are (small) recent pictures of Charlene (watching Prince Albert read). The caption reads: EXCLUSIVE - Prince Albert plays rugby with Charlene near Nice, France on November 2, 2007. Prince Albert II of Monaco and his girlfriend Charlene Wittstock spent the week-end with some friends in a chalet near Nice. NO CREDIT

Here is an interesting article (in Spanish and the translated article) about the editor-in-chief of Men’s Fitness magazine who was asked to resigned because of too exaggerated photo shopped picture of a muscled man that he placed on the cover of the magazine. The writer of this article actually uses a picture of Charlene (supposedly a natural one from the Small Games) and he shows a photo shopped picture of her (in case the article disappears). Clearly, Charlene has pretty features because the editor doesn’t really change her features, but he does “gloss over” her face giving her that “angelic” finish that so many posters here swoon over.

Here's an excerpt of the article. Ok, he gets her boyfriend wrong.
Quote:
What dangerous of this technique is that the artists who perform and those who charge us, we must start to be more aware that we show to a very young model human being impossible. But I think it is not acceptable treatment digital imaging exaggerated that it is giving people beautiful and famous (and others not so) that invade the covers of our kiosks.

That is why I care much for placing the left image original and real photography without retouching in this post, on the other hand I have to say this is Charlene Wittstock, the then girlfriend of Prince William of Monaco and I hope not bother for the license that I have taken the liberty to her image (I do not think that is reached learned: is the value of having not read my articles nobody).
Old 11-30-2007, 01:35 AM
Aristocracy

If to put things right, I can say that both pictures of Charlene have been photoshopped. Someone added sharpness (plus sharpen edges) and reduced brightness/contrast in the first picture
Old 11-30-2007, 02:59 AM
Nobility

I like the glosses picture.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia View Post
Here are (small) recent pictures of Charlene (watching Prince Albert read). The caption reads: EXCLUSIVE - Prince Albert plays rugby with Charlene near Nice, France on November 2, 2007. Prince Albert II of Monaco and his girlfriend Charlene Wittstock spent the week-end with some friends in a chalet near Nice. NO CREDIT
He looks very comfortable and into what he's reading in the paper while she looks the opposite and bored.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
He looks very comfortable and into what he's reading in the paper while she looks the opposite and bored.
It's perhaps only one pic... we don't know what he was doing before or after.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

10. Januar 2008 - BUNTE Translation The South African swimmer Charlene Wittstock (29) and Prince Albert II of Monaco (49), according to a report by the weekly magazine "Paris Match" is now inseparable. For several months, Charlene live in the Principality and diligently studying French, the magazine wrote. The blonde athlete because of shoulder problems, will not be in the Olympic Games in Beijing in 2008 to participate and have their sports careers at the nail hanged. "Since last June in their residence in Monaco is not far from the royal palace has obtained, she accompanied Prince Albert on almost all of its official events at home and abroad", wrote the paper. The couple, an early wedding predicted will have a New Year's holiday in Finland. Prince Albert and Charlene had met in 2000.

parismatch Zisch Neue Luzerner Zeitung online, News aus der Zentralschweiz - aktuell rund um die Uhr
Old 01-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks Lady MacAlpine for the recent Bunte article. I didn't see any new news in it except that they went to Finland for New Years. Albert had an apartment in Monaco so maybe that is where she is staying. Other than that they really don't have anything to report. It has been obvious for a long time that there was no hope for her to make the team. I don't like the fact that they are using a shoulder injury as the excuse. Odd that they would pick now to write about her and with nothing to say really.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:17 AM
Aristocracy

New article (Paris Match, France)

http://relay.presse-wl.com/Covers/Zoom/5750.jpg

http://relay.presse-wl.com/Covers/Summary/5750_1.jpg

Anybody can to scan?
Old 01-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amely View Post
yes, I scanned all page

Cover page
first page
second page
third page
fourth page
fifth page
six page
good read !! I will prepare translation
Old 01-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Royal Highness

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a.../Scan10009.jpg

I've never seen a good picture of her up close; she has beautiful eyes.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a.../Scan10009.jpg

I've never seen a good picture of her up close; she has beautiful eyes.
I hadn't either and hadn't noticed her eyes are blue hazel and she has freckles that appear all over like a redhead would have.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
I hadn't either and hadn't noticed her eyes are blue hazel and she has freckles that appear all over like a redhead would have.
She has almost a reddish look in her hair in that picture.... Maybe she's strawberry blonde and dyes it? I don't know. But then again, you don't have to be a redhead. I've got very dark brown hair, and I have freckles all over like that. I'm not very diligent at protecting myself from the sun (stupid) , and living in South Africa and being a big swimmer, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case with her either. But they aren't too noticeable.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
=acdc1;715239]She has almost a reddish look in her hair in that picture.... Maybe she's strawberry blonde and dyes it? I don't know. But then again, you don't have to be a redhead. I've got very dark brown hair, and I have freckles all over like that. I'm not very diligent at protecting myself from the sun (stupid) , and living in South Africa and being a big swimmer, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case with her either. But they aren't too noticeable.
I think they are when you look at the close up in the white dress across her shoulders and show through her makeup on her face. I noticed the red in her hair she must have red undertones because that's what happens sometimes if you try to bleach it. It was blonder when she was swimming a lot.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lckc571 View Post
yes, I scanned all page

Cover page
first page
second page
third page
fourth page
fifth page
six page
good read !! I will prepare translation
Thanks for the scans she looks Beautiful in the forth one .
Old 01-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
Did she continue to speak to the press or was this just an early mistake on her part because that could be forgiven. I think many of us thought that after the Paris Match article that Charlene would not disclose any more information but as I said she has continued to do so. I realize that Albert doesn't seem to mind which I find odd for a man who said that he keeps his true girlfriends hidden from the public. So what does that make Charlene?

I've always thought that he would spring a fiance on the public who he's been dating in secret and gove us all a shock, but then again, what decent woman would date him while he publicly dates another woman? Albert can't find a decent woman, and that's the problem. He better looks for one who can do the job or at least look pretty doing it.

Charlene looks great in that black strapless dress from the PDV article. But she needs to take better care of her skin. She hardly looks 29. She looks 39.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 01-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lckc571 View Post
yes, I scanned all page

third page

Charlene looks amazing in that photo. She seems more at ease in front of the public as well as camera. Furthermore, it seems as if Albert has found his life companion, and I hope things work out between the two now that she has moved to Monaco according to the article which states:

Quote:
Since last June, she settled in Monaco...

I was kind of surprised she reads Rudyard Kipling as well... who knew.

Quote:
She reads much: Kipling...
Old 01-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Serene Highness

Grace used to read Kipling to Albert when he was young. Connect the dots. All of a sudden she's into Kipling. We have complained about her lack of education among other things and it looks to me like they were taking notes and the purpose of this article is to squelch all the critics. Now whether or not it's all true is up to each of us to decide. I personally think it looks like damage control.

Closed Thread