The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia View Post
she actually said that?? so she may be eating her own words?

Funny though, she has not much money (I think) to pay for a private pool so how can someone with no money ( I think) not want to take advantage of free public facilities?

I would think she want people to see her swim so they can see her work - (she said it is her career).

Why not let people get a look to see it go for themselves

my opinion only
Yep, she did. I can see if I can find the quote if you want.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
Yep, she did. I can see if I can find the quote if you want.
I'm surprised that CW went to catholic celebration in sandals and strapless dress.

The dress was not bad, just the occasion. She could have at least covered her shoulders with a short wrap or a small something.

somebody should have told her, or she could have at least asked somebody what would be appropriate - even though people were dressed casual she could have done that small little bit even as a gesture. it would not have been that hard for her at all to ask or for somebody for a clue.

gee whiz!!! i'm surprised she didn't just show up barefoot for those sandals (again).

They sure doesn't expect much of this girl for her outfits - she could have at least asked somebody, or somebody could have hinted to her somehow (it's not like a she committed a crime but come on - how simple does one need to get?).

CW been in MC long enough to catch on to some things by now even if she is a long term official visitor imo.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
I'm not sure whether Steph attended her classes, but I don't think she did it for long. But I bet Caro whenever she meets Marika surely straightens her back more then usual, because that woman has the eyes of a cameleon: she looks in one direction and with the other eye she follows whichever dancer goes past, throwing them corrective remarks and short wisdoms in their way. She is a quite remarkable lady at 80+ and still teaching, difficult for some to digest, but I am used to that sort of personality, so I am mostly amused.

If I hear anything about a meeting between her and Charlene, I will surely let you know.
I'm sure you will hear paca because Marika will bluntly tell Charlene every one of her faults and probably end with telling her she doesn't have what it takes. Charlene may be used to tough coaches but she is not used to someone like Marika. Marika is in a league of her own and what every young princess needs to give them poise and stature later in life.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Here's a pic of the mass and the celebration Charlene and Albert attended together on Sunday 24 June 2007

---> Pic

And here's the whole picture gallery from deadline --> Picture Gallery
Thank you to all who have tried helping these photos, especially to you, iceflower.

Hmmm...where do I start with my observations? Granted it wasn't a formal event and there's an age difference between Elisabeth DeMassy or Anne DeMassy and CW, the DeMassy lady is dressed casually chic.

CW's outfit would have been appropriate for a beach party, a garden party or walking along the boulevards of Monaco. To give credit to CW, however, me thinks that she might be thinking that it's high summer in Monaco, she should then dress in breathable clothing.

Just curious, Mary of Denmark herself wasn't as chic when she started showing up everywhere as CP Frederik's girlfriend. Chic or not, I can't remember if Mary was dressed appropriately for events.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Certainly her association with PA will help her a great deal to get there on way or the other ( it would be naive to think that being with Albert all the time has not helped CW already). Maybe that is why she still claims to be training to try get a spot on somebody's team

By hook or by crook - or by strapless swimsuit, corseted dress, retro slit leg
lace up pants or whatever.
No my dear, Theodore Pangalos has already been contacted and The Parthenon is not amused at Coca Cola antics and your flippant attitude.Olympics there will not be by hook or by crook for CW unless you suddenly speak Greek and know these people who spoke of it on television this morning from Athens.
By hook or by crook you are abusing the ethics of the Olympics and the ministry is well informed. She will not go period.The Olympics is about you and your own powers.
Try "chiton"as the vestment. She will not be there period full stop.There will soon be a write up in the of the big periodicals regarding this issue. I guess you invented the Olympics did you? Sorry no Charlene but if that should change the ministry will contact you.
Oh and by the way you're funny.....the Greeks will teach you how much

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarotonga View Post
Thank you to all who have tried helping these photos, especially to you, iceflower.

Hmmm...where do I start with my observations? Granted it wasn't a formal event and there's an age difference between Elisabeth DeMassy or Anne DeMassy and CW, the DeMassy lady is dressed casually chic.

CW's outfit would have been appropriate for a beach party, a garden party or walking along the boulevards of Monaco. To give credit to CW, however, me thinks that she might be thinking that it's high summer in Monaco, she should then dress in breathable clothing.

Just curious, Mary of Denmark herself wasn't as chic when she started showing up everywhere as CP Frederik's girlfriend. Chic or not, I can't remember if Mary was dressed appropriately for events.
When does this stop being "Muscle Beach Party" attire ever?
And what in high summer you cannot wear linen or cotton sleeves on a crisp white blouse?
Black in high summer in Europe is unacceptable as it is black and induces more heat to the body.Everyone who has lived in the Southern European countries& tropical nations knows that.That is why Gandhiji was not in black but white.

Quote:
I'm not sure whether Steph attended her classes, but I don't think she did it for long. But I bet Caro whenever she meets Marika surely straightens her back more then usual, because that woman has the eyes of a cameleon: she looks in one direction and with the other eye she follows whichever dancer goes past, throwing them corrective remarks and short wisdoms in their way. She is a quite remarkable lady at 80+ and still teaching, difficult for some to digest, but I am used to that sort of personality, so I am mostly amused.

If I hear anything about a meeting between her and Charlene, I will surely let you know.
thanks paca
Sounds like my ballet mistress loving her already....with stick in hand....while we were at the bar.Marika is the name gracefulness is the game.... I wonder if CW took ballet ever?

Quote:
do you think she's 'training' at somebody's indoor swimming pool so she can try to make The Games next summer? maybe Albert told the press to stay back from her?
The games are the Olympic games.They are not the monopoly games the Nintendo games or the games of this board. They are the Olympics.We allude to Miss Wittsock deferentially as such.The Olympics Games are the ones you hope she will attend participate & triumph in.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

i think that the photo that iceflower have posted is from celebrations outside the church. It was dances and music. Because inside the church, she wasn't there. I have photos of that.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Serene Highness

So Albert is living it up in Valencia with Michael Douglas. So where is Charlene partying this time? Back in Rome where she was last time Albert went to Spain?
Old 06-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Commoner

article from point de vue on the last public apparition of charlene and albert http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...ione0001-4.jpg http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...ione0002-3.jpg http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...ione0003-2.jpg http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...ione0004-2.jpg
Old 06-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Serene Highness

Does anyone have the beach photo from Point de vue? Is that the same article from before or a new one?
Old 06-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Serene Highness

The same article where she also wears this strange outfit to the TV festival thing. But her dress goes with his tie
Old 06-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The same article where she also wears this strange outfit to the TV festival thing. But her dress goes with his tie
Thanks paca. Have there been any more Charlene sightings about town or is she keeping a low profile since the St.Jean festival?
Old 06-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Serene Highness

Well, she is still here, still wearing some black outfit, cake make up and terrible hairdo. The 4 year olds had their hair better done then her. maybe there are pics later. If she continues on to the dinner I believe she will meet Marika today, who dedicated tonights Gala to Grace. Marika was very elegant today and really dressed as Grand Dame. I hope there will be pictures of her with Charlene. Then you will see the difference and understand why she still bows before the picture of her great friend after 25 years.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Aristocracy

Charlene chose to attend the horse jumping awards dinner with Albert vice the KZN awards dinner in South Africa. The photos are on getty.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryellen1539 View Post
Charlene chose to attend the horse jumping awards dinner with Albert vice the KZN awards dinner in South Africa. The photos are on getty.
She's pretty much blown her team mates from SA off I would say. As for attending a horse show, well let's put it this way, you either like horses or you don't. I will guess that Charlene was as bored as she was at the orchestra last year. Or she found it a novelty as she probably has not been to one. Most people who aren't into horses are interested for about the first hour and then they want to go home basically. I would love to see the pictures. I hope she doesn not say she is training for the Olympics anymore. Also I find it interesting that Caroline who loves to ride and gave the trophies last year chose to be on her yacht with the boys and their girlfriends in Sardinia.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryellen1539 View Post
When was that dinner? Because at present there is a gala dinner going on in the Hermitage.They were 20 past eight at Salle Garnier (late as usual).The performance finished at 23.00h. I suppose once pics from today appear we will know more. Unless she is wearing the same dress. Since she was wearing black with paillettes today it will be difficult to say.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Aristocracy

I believe the KZN awards dinner was scheduled for tonight in South Africa. I have not seen any photos of Charlene taken during the day today just the two that are posted for the dinner tonight, black halter top with silver on the bodice. Today was her hair down? One of the crowd shots of Albert at the opening of the Princess Grace Path, has a person that looks like Charlene, but I can't zoom in close enough to see. The person is wearing her hair down, black and white dress/pants suit.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:40 AM
Serene Highness

now that must have been a busy party night for Albert and Charlene. There is a pic of them with Mc Namara on todays frontpage. So when we add that up, they attended (yesterday?) the jumping dinner, were from 20.20h onwards in the opera to assist a ballet performance with Gala dinner after (Charlene dressed in Black) and then they went on to party all dressed in white at the sea lounge. No surprise that her hair looks a mess all the time...

And it looks like during the intermissions they went to hand out a prize.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
now that must have been a busy party night for Albert and Charlene. There is a pic of them with Mc Namara on todays frontpage. So when we add that up, they attended (yesterday?) the jumping dinner, were from 20.20h onwards in the opera to assist a ballet performance with Gala dinner after (Charlene dressed in Black) and then they went on to party all dressed in white at the sea lounge. No surprise that her hair looks a mess all the time...

I think what I find alarming is his trotting her around as if she were already in the role of Princess as if people should get used to her, yet there is no engagement. Albert has continued to show bad judgement. Non of the other royal houses trotted their girlfriends to official engagements until they had announced their plans to marry. Even William and Harry had not done so with their girlfriends.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

here a photo... http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...lanchepour.jpg

here other part of article

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...usealounge.jpg
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...ongerlafte.jpg

lckc571
Old 07-02-2007, 03:32 AM
Gentry

from ISIFA.COM

Charlene Albert and Mrs Fissore (The woman that organize the jumping )

As always... LAS VEGAS STYLE.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...s_14499020.jpg

Eleanor Roosvelt
Closed Thread