Charlene Wittstock Current Events Part 9 : May 2007 - Jan.2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she looks nice, Stephanie has dressed in far worse !

there is an article about the ballet in todays paper. No pics of Albert or Charlene( same with Charlene at the jumping, she is not mentioned as having attended) with Marika and the students although I know they exist. Censure by omission? Charlene is not mentioned in the Monaco section. They do mention two wood horses, which I hope they mean the little ones and not the requisite ;) Though the producer of either is the same :D :D.

The picture whizzes, anyone of you found those pics from Saturday evening? Well, in any case we know that Charlene changed her outfit at least once during the evening. But I'd love to hear what you guys say about Marika compared with Charlene.

Pics 17.6.2007

Here's a link with pics of Charlene and Albert at the airport of Nice on 17 June 2007 after they had spent a weekend in the north of France:

picture gallery

Here's a link with pics of Charlene and Albert at the airport of Nice on 17 June 2007 after they had spent a weekend in the north of France:

picture gallery

Thank you Iceflower, Great find! Albert has his estate outside of Paris, so it's possible they were there. I'm just glad to see she's not in a halter top!

Actually when you look at the program of the ballet, you will find a salutation from Caro. The way it was written looks as if she had planned or thought of being there. Not even her frined Maillot was there and as director of the ballet he should have been. Just out of courtesy and interest.
hi Paca ,
Caro will not be there and neither will Steph JMO ever on this.If ever Pa marries his princess must defer to caro matriarch even in the slightest manner.

The thread is now reopened to discuss the Current Events of Charlene Wittstock, but please note the following:

1) This purpose of this thread is to discuss the events of only Charlene, not Albert who has his own thread.

2) The Monaco forum has a new thread
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/prince-albert-monaco-charlene-wittstock-current-events-part-1-a-13185.html where members can discuss events attended by BOTH Albert and Charlene.

3) The forum has another new thread
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/albert-charlenes-relationship-13220.html whose topic is the relationship between Albert and Charlene; posts about the relationship, as long as they abide by the forum rules, belong there.

4) Posts that speculate on the relationship that exists between Charlene and Caroline/Stephanie have been deleted and will be deleted in the future.

5) Several posts have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/what-do-you-think-charlene-11841-18.html as they are opinions of Charlene and are off topic for a current events thread.

If anyone has any questions, please contact any of the Monaco moderators.

Thank you.

Zonk, Lady Jennifer and tbhrc

Last edited by a moderator:
how often does she compete in swimming now a days?
She doesn't. Or at least she hasn't done so for some time. The last time was just before she came to Monaco to "train". As has been said several times the media needs a label for her so they refer to her as former swimmer, model, olympic swimmer etc. But as things are that's all there is to it: a label. Unfortunetely media has sunk to such a level that you don't actually need to do much in order to earn one of their labels. Nowadays princesses flock to some fashion designers parties, whereas in the olden days they considered them their tailors and as such part of the servants. I should doubt that then royals would have been seen dining at the same table with tailors or chefs, but then again times have changed and everything and everyone is equalized which results in noone being special anymore. Everyone is straight away a star, a topmodel, a supermodel, a star designer, a star figaro etcetc. I wonder if there are still normal people who don't have a label in this world around. I'm starting to think that I belong to a breed soon to be exstinct.;):D

She said that she was coming in Europe... for training... she didn't speak about Monaco... but ....
I agree with you paca, medias want a label because they can't write who she is.
she sais she was coming in Europe because it's summer here ( it seems thatsummer is good for swimming)... I have to say that in France we have bad weather since 1rst june... but when you are partying or attending almost official events bad weather is not a problem.

Last edited:
She doesn't. Or at least she hasn't done so for some time. The last time was just before she came to Monaco to "train". As has been said several times the media needs a label for her so they refer to her as former swimmer, model, olympic swimmer etc. But as things are that's all there is to it: a label. Unfortunetely media has sunk to such a level that you don't actually need to do much in order to earn one of their labels. Nowadays princesses flock to some fashion designers parties, whereas in the olden days they considered them their tailors and as such part of the servants. I should doubt that then royals would have been seen dining at the same table with tailors or chefs, but then again times have changed and everything and everyone is equalized which results in noone being special anymore. Everyone is straight away a star, a topmodel, a supermodel, a star designer, a star figaro etcetc. I wonder if there are still normal people who don't have a label in this world around. I'm starting to think that I belong to a breed soon to be exstinct.;):D

Actually, I think there was an article that said CW did swim in a little meet somewhere a couple of months ago and she placed in the competition, but she did not win anything, as the media like to play up . I'll have to look for it. It was the one where she said she had been training for 3 months (out of all the time she has been in MC and talking about being an olympic athelete and training to go to Beijing - yeah sure).:flowers:

but hey, she may just do it yet.:lol:

She came in 3rd place according to the article.

CW is also said to have regained her place in women's 50m backstroke in that meet just few months ago. I am not trying to bash her, but i just don't think she is considered someone to watch in swimming world (only PA watchers would be interested in her), in my opinion. :)

Apparently, the meet from April was not attended by many of the top international-class (read: not many olympic caliber) swimmers, but that probably does not mean much, so maybe CW was probably hoping to get some kind of ranking there, since my guess is that she has not been training hard and the top caliber swimmers were not there (I would not know her strategy, but that's my opinion).:lol: She did get her name on the 2007-2008 SA National swim team the following month, but she is not on the SA olympic team

from 3 months ago
IOL: Top swimmers face selection snub
IOL: Apple of Prince Albert's eye makes a splash
Swimming South Africa - www.swimsa.co.za - The official home of aquatics in South Africa

Telkom SA - Telecommunications - Business - News

from 2005 (old article)
SuperSwimmer

some other articles
gsport... for Girls!

I hope CW does make it to the SA Olympic team, since she has said for a long time that she wants to compete for a medal. I think if she works hard and has some big luck she can do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
She came in 3rd place according to the article.

CW is also said to have regained her place in women's 50m backstroke in that meet. I am not trying to bash her, but i just don't think she is considered someone to watch in swimming world (only PA watchers would be interested in her), in my opinion. :)

Apparently, the meet was not attended by many of the top international-class (read: not many olympic caliber) swimmers, but that probably does not mean much, so maybe CW was probably hoping to get some kind of ranking there, since my guess is that she has not been training hard and the top caliber swimmers were not there (I would not know her strategy, but that's my opinion).:lol: She did get her name on the SA National swim team the following month, but she is not on the SA olympic team

IOL: Top swimmers face selection snub
IOL: Apple of Prince Albert's eye makes a splash
Swimming South Africa - www.swimsa.co.za - The official home of aquatics in South Africa

Telkom SA - Telecommunications - Business - News

from 2005 (old article)
SuperSwimmer

some other articles
gsport... for Girls!

I hope CW does make it to the SA Olympic team, since she has said for a long time that she wants to compete for a medal. I think if she works hard and has some big luck she can do it.

does she still have a chance to be in the Olympic team of SA???

lckc571

I don't want to make some speculative comments... about charlene and OGames... wait and see.!!!! In France when we want to say that something will not happen we say : " when hen will have teeth"

I think she does.

I believe sometime last spring someone posted that she has until April 2008 to qualify for the SA Olympic team. The problem is that she doesn't seem to be competing anywhere since her swim competition last spring in SA. She then moved to Monaco and no one has reported her competing since. In the meantime her SA athletes are preparing for the African Games and for an Olympic qualifier in Japan in August. So we will have to see if she show up at any of these competitions.

mh.

I found this news on jetstreaker.com.
It's an old news but Is very intresting.... expecially for comments below...

What do you think about it?

"...Had there been any doubt that South African swimmer and prospective princess Charlene Wittstock and Prince Albert of Monaco are a couple, we can gleefully dash the hopes of thousands of hopeful women around the world who have been wishing to get their own grubby manicured paws on the bachelour prince.
The prince and Charlene looked very lovey-dovey at a charity event in Monaco over the weekend.
The 49-year old prince and 29-year old Charlene were the guests of honour at the bash organised by Albert’s sister, Princess Stephanie, for her charity Fight Aids Monaco.
By the way, don’t even think of criticising Charlene for supporting an Aids charity in Monaco as opposed to right here at home, where we have one of the highest infection rates in the world. As future Princess of Monaco, she HAS to care about Aids in that hedonistic playground to the rich and famous!"

Complete news + comments.
Charlene Wittstock helps to fight aids… in Monaco - Jetstreaker

After all, if you want to get funds, it's better to ask to the rich people no ?

YES! it is but you have to be serious what you want them to support.

God knows....she says she trains for it...I don't know to be honest, there doesn't seem to be a lot of training...but every thing is possible....

On a different note, I recently watched the 1983 movie Grace Kelly aka The Grace Kelly Story. It starred model/actress Cheryl Ladd. It was amazing how much Cheryl's portrayal of Grace reminded me of Charlene. In many instances both Cheryl's and Charlene's mannerisms and facial features were identical, and in an unexpected way, seeing Cheryl's portrayal of Grace made me feel empathy for what Charlene must be going through.

On a different note, I recently watched the 1983 movie Grace Kelly aka The Grace Kelly Story. It starred model/actress Cheryl Ladd. It was amazing how much Cheryl's portrayal of Grace reminded me of Charlene. In many instances both Cheryl's and Charlene's mannerisms and facial features were identical, and in an unexpected way, seeing Cheryl's portrayal of Grace made me feel empathy for what Charlene must be going through.

Actually I have a vague recollection of that movie. While I understand where you are coming from, the situations are totally different. On the topic of Charlene looking like Grace, that is intentional either on her part, her handlers part or Albert's because if you look at the transformation of the hairstyles over the last few months and the make up someone is trying awfully hard to make that comparison seem real. However that's were it all stops. Grace never spoke to the press about any of her supposed relationships. Charlene on the other hand has spoken often as has her family about her relationship with Albert, the last being in September when she let it be known that her address WAS the palace. Her behavior and her demeanor are the opposite of Grace. People would have been willing to over look many things with Charlene if only she had kept her mouth shut like other royal girlfriends but she didn't and she hasn't. Let us see what happens down the road. JMO

^ Keep in mind that Marie Cavallier also spoke with the press early on and is in line to be the next Princess of Denmark. Stranger things have happened.

^ Keep in mind that Marie Cavallier also spoke with the press early on and is in line to be the next Princess of Denmark. Stranger things have happened.

Did she continue to speak to the press or was this just an early mistake on her part because that could be forgiven. I think many of us thought that after the Paris Match article that Charlene would not disclose any more information but as I said she has continued to do so. I realize that Albert doesn't seem to mind which I find odd for a man who said that he keeps his true girlfriends hidden from the public. So what does that make Charlene?

What does the real and natural Charlene look like? Just some follow-up tidbits from my PGA 2006 post.

Here are (small) recent pictures of Charlene (watching Prince Albert read). The caption reads: EXCLUSIVE - Prince Albert plays rugby with Charlene near Nice, France on November 2, 2007. Prince Albert II of Monaco and his girlfriend Charlene Wittstock spent the week-end with some friends in a chalet near Nice. NO CREDIT

Here is an interesting article (in Spanish and the translated article) about the editor-in-chief of Men’s Fitness magazine who was asked to resigned because of too exaggerated photo shopped picture of a muscled man that he placed on the cover of the magazine. The writer of this article actually uses a picture of Charlene (supposedly a natural one from the Small Games) and he shows a photo shopped picture of her (in case the article disappears). Clearly, Charlene has pretty features because the editor doesn’t really change her features, but he does “gloss over” her face giving her that “angelic” finish that so many posters here swoon over.

Here's an excerpt of the article. Ok, he gets her boyfriend wrong.
What dangerous of this technique is that the artists who perform and those who charge us, we must start to be more aware that we show to a very young model human being impossible. But I think it is not acceptable treatment digital imaging exaggerated that it is giving people beautiful and famous (and others not so) that invade the covers of our kiosks.

That is why I care much for placing the left image original and real photography without retouching in this post, on the other hand I have to say this is Charlene Wittstock, the then girlfriend of Prince William of Monaco and I hope not bother for the license that I have taken the liberty to her image (I do not think that is reached learned: is the value of having not read my articles nobody).

If to put things right, I can say that both pictures of Charlene have been photoshopped. Someone added sharpness (plus sharpen edges) and reduced brightness/contrast in the first picture :lol:

Here are (small) recent pictures of Charlene (watching Prince Albert read). The caption reads: EXCLUSIVE - Prince Albert plays rugby with Charlene near Nice, France on November 2, 2007. Prince Albert II of Monaco and his girlfriend Charlene Wittstock spent the week-end with some friends in a chalet near Nice. NO CREDIT
He looks very comfortable and into what he's reading in the paper while she looks the opposite and bored.

He looks very comfortable and into what he's reading in the paper while she looks the opposite and bored.
It's perhaps only one pic... we don't know what he was doing before or after.

10. Januar 2008 - BUNTE Translation The South African swimmer Charlene Wittstock (29) and Prince Albert II of Monaco (49), according to a report by the weekly magazine "Paris Match" is now inseparable. For several months, Charlene live in the Principality and diligently studying French, the magazine wrote. The blonde athlete because of shoulder problems, will not be in the Olympic Games in Beijing in 2008 to participate and have their sports careers at the nail hanged. "Since last June in their residence in Monaco is not far from the royal palace has obtained, she accompanied Prince Albert on almost all of its official events at home and abroad", wrote the paper. The couple, an early wedding predicted will have a New Year's holiday in Finland. Prince Albert and Charlene had met in 2000.

parismatch Zisch Neue Luzerner Zeitung online, News aus der Zentralschweiz - aktuell rund um die Uhr

Thanks Lady MacAlpine for the recent Bunte article. I didn't see any new news in it except that they went to Finland for New Years. Albert had an apartment in Monaco so maybe that is where she is staying. Other than that they really don't have anything to report. It has been obvious for a long time that there was no hope for her to make the team. I don't like the fact that they are using a shoulder injury as the excuse. Odd that they would pick now to write about her and with nothing to say really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom