The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Nobility

Libra,
try this one:
Newscom.com | Login
(with the usual logging in) If it doesn't work, log in and search for Monaco. Loads of pics... I'd say lots of pretty pics, but...

Old 06-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Nobility

Sorry. I found it now. I went in to newscom and searched under Prince Albert of Monaco for the last 7 days. I needed to search under SAS Albert II for the last 7 days. Sorry, I knew it was right under my big old nose.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca;631224[B
]............[/B] There is a fundraiser dinner on the weekend that Albert is supposed to attend. A lot of people that went last year said that they were not sure about going or not, because they are not willing to pay 280 Euros to watch Charlene eat. They said it is nice of Albert to have said that he'd attend, but they are not thrilled at the prospect of Charlene being there, although so far it is not official that she will tag along. To be quite honest, I wouldn't want to be in that room if you paid me 2800 Euros to attend the dinner if she was there. Having had a glance at her table manners, has put me off for a lifetime. Not an experience I need to relive.
Or they could be here... and report... because if more and more people speak about the Real Charlene and not about the Glamourous Charlene... low voice is going to be loud voice.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Hibou, according to all accounts I heard, she did not attend mass but did join later in the procession and activities. Catholic or non catholic, she could have attended mass (I do that all the time) but not have communion unless it was explicitly oecumenic. In any case her dress was highly inappropriate for the occasion, especially as the prince's girlfriend. Tourists would have been permissable as being ignorant, but not the prince's girlfriend. You should listen to my elderly neighbour who attends every procession and who goes to mass to the cathedral every sunday (not her closest church, but the Monaco cathedral). To assist a religous festivity in Monaco in this kind of outfit as the prince's girlfriend and wanna be wife shows utter disrespect to Monegasque tradition and sentiment. ( my guess why she wasn't on any pics in the paper - damage control like last year) Obviously she thought it was a fun thing to attend. At least she was dressed that way. If she wants to attend these kind of events she might want to get some background info first. There is a fundraiser dinner on the weekend that Albert is supposed to attend. A lot of people that went last year said that they were not sure about going or not, because they are not willing to pay 280 Euros to watch Charlene eat. They said it is nice of Albert to have said that he'd attend, but they are not thrilled at the prospect of Charlene being there, although so far it is not official that she will tag along. To be quite honest, I wouldn't want to be in that room if you paid me 2800 Euros to attend the dinner if she was there. Having had a glance at her table manners, has put me off for a lifetime. Not an experience I need to relive.
Thanks paca for you insight. I greatly appreciate hearing what is going on. So she didn't go to mass but she could have and should have if she is converting to the Catholic faith. I have to agree about the dress which is why I was so surprised that she would wear something to a religious occasion. She seems to miss the boat on almost everything she attends. I can't believe no one is advising her. Albert's protocol people could at least make suggestions to her so that she is not committing a faux pas. It does show ignorance which in turn appears to be disrespect.

As far as the table manners I wouldn't pay to go see that either. You would think she would go to an etiquette school or receive basic tutoring. They have these schools for business people to attend here in the US especially for those that travel a lot to many different countries. It is very sad to see someone with no table manners at her age. It's one thing if you haven't been taught it's another when you fail to open your eyes to see how others eat and then try to learn from it. It's not like anyone would expect her to understand a table setting for a seven course meal - she just needs the basics at this point. So sad I must say!
Old 06-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilae View Post
Or they could be here... and report... because if more and more people speak about the Real Charlene and not about the Glamourous Charlene... low voice is going to be loud voice.
Exactly Lilae - it starts as a low rumble then it roars like a lion no mistaking it when it happens.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca;631224. A [B
lot of people that went last year said that they were not sure about going or not[/B], because they are not willing to pay 280 Euros to watch Charlene eat. They said it is nice of Albert to have said that he'd attend, but they are not thrilled at the prospect of Charlene being there, although so far it is not official that she will tag along. To be quite honest, I wouldn't want to be in that room if you paid me 2800 Euros to attend the dinner if she was there. Having had a glance at her table manners, has put me off for a lifetime. Not an experience I need to relive.
I'm not sure that a lot of people are not going to attend... because if not they could offend Albert or it would not speak for...they will perhaps be here... and think what they want to think...
(jumping international?)
Old 06-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Royal Highness

devout, pious & spiritual.

Quote:
Hibou, according to all accounts I heard, she did not attend mass but did join later in the procession and activities. Catholic or non catholic, she could have attended mass (I do that all the time) but not have communion unless it was explicitly oecumenic. In any case her dress was highly inappropriate for the occasion, especially as the prince's girlfriend. Tourists would have been permissable as being ignorant, but not the prince's girlfriend. You should listen to my elderly neighbour who attends every procession and who goes to mass to the cathedral every sunday (not her closest church, but the Monaco cathedral). To assist a religous festivity in Monaco in this kind of outfit as the prince's girlfriend and wanna be wife shows utter disrespect to Monegasque tradition and sentiment. ( my guess why she wasn't on any pics in the paper - damage control like last year) Obviously she thought it was a fun thing to attend. At least she was dressed that way. If she wants to attend these kind of events she might want to get some background info first. There is a fundraiser dinner on the weekend that Albert is supposed to attend. A lot of people that went last year said that they were not sure about going or not, because they are not willing to pay 280 Euros to watch Charlene eat. They said it is nice of Albert to have said that he'd attend, but they are not thrilled at the prospect of Charlene being there, although so far it is not official that she will tag along. To be quite honest, I wouldn't want to be in that room if you paid me 2800 Euros to attend the dinner if she was there. Having had a glance at her table manners, has put me off for a lifetime. Not an experience I need to relive.
thanks paca again for your exceptional commentary,
I posted long ago around the Amade dinner in SA that I thought that there was by the dress CW wore not one iota or vestige of spirituality in her.To assist in this kind of outfit means you are clueless and need a compass badly.But what is the point of a compass if you cannot read the directions? This is most disconcerting of all. Had Cw participated in mass would that have been tantamount to the church sanctioning their carnal relationship?[based in food and sex from what I gather] In India they say that if you have bad eating habits and a deep appetite you are not honest.
I am beginning to wonder if there is any truth in that saying.JMO
Old 06-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra65 View Post
Sorry. I found it now. I went in to newscom and searched under Prince Albert of Monaco for the last 7 days. I needed to search under SAS Albert II for the last 7 days. Sorry, I knew it was right under my big old nose.
Hi! I logged in and searched for monaco, prince albert of monaco for the last 7 days but was unsuccessful. Is there a way someone could post it on this board? Thanks so much!
Old 06-26-2007, 04:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
Nope I don't think she's training at all or she would have competed in the Mare Nostrum. She's supposed to be in SA soon for the African games - Let's see if she shows up or stays in Monaco. As for the press if you want to protect her you don't take her to public events like a festival. You don't take her to a public event and then have the audacity to tell the press to back off. After all there were photos taken as we have seen them. I think paca's explanation of the Monaco journalists not printing her photo is the truth about the way things are at the moment in Monaco. In reality it fools no one except maybe Albert who thinks he is getting away with it all. JMO
Yes exactly hibou. Sorry didn't read all the posts when I made my reply. It is not her swimming she is training and they sould finally stop singing this tune. With all due respect, but this is desperation at its best. Maybe if Albert would have chosen a slightly better educated person with a job and a life besides Albert, then they wouldn't have to do damage control every time she shows. Admittedly it is not solely her fault. Her parents should have given her a decent education and manners. Obviously they failed, considering fame more important. But she is 29 years old, she has travelled in the world, she has met all kinds of people so has had plenty of opportunities that many less fortunate people haven't had. And yet she still can't behave at a table (remember the pics in the country club or the ones from last year when she was sort of slumped on a chair at a dinner in Menton) or dress appropriately for the occasion. I think that is rather telling about her intelligence, as a normal person would watch what others are doing and wearing and if in doubt ask questions. She has been 1 and a half years trying to convince us that she is good for the job. And I have seen not a single improvement. That is rather telling about her ability to learn, a major requirement IMO for the job she wants. I find it extremely noticeable that Mme Gallico is never present this year. Does Charlene not want her advice or did Mme Gallico give up on her? Considering that Bunte and other tabloids claim that Mme Gallico has been teaching her, I find Charlenes progress deplorable and it is rather strange that she wouldn't be near her pupil for emergency questions or to come to the rescue.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:41 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
She can't be training in an indoor pool. She left South Africa for Monaco because it is winter in SA and she doesn't like to train in an indoor pool. In Europe/Monaco it is summer and she can keep on training in outdoor pools. Or so she said.
Yes that's what she said, but the one in Monaco where she has been seen last year and this year is indoors too. And the pool in the port is not used for training but for pleasure. But maybe she swims at the beach Club. On the other hand the dress she wore on sunday doesn't show any marks of a bathingsuit, so maybe she is swimming topless
Old 06-26-2007, 06:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Had Cw participated in mass would that have been tantamount to the church sanctioning their carnal relationship?
Generally she could have participated in the mass, if it wouldn't have been public knowledge that they have a realtion. She simply would have sat with the other notorities. But since their relationship is known and it is also known what they are doing together, which is frowned upon by the church, her attendance, especially in that particular dress, would have been outrageous. Nobody would have thought then that he was going to marry her, but on the contrary would have asked him to leave her immediately and he would have been criticized as well for knowing better. While Stephane Valeri was not married, but already having a relationship with his now wife, she never sat with him during official services. It wasn't her place to be there and he knew that as a public figure in Monaco it would have been dispicable for him to do so. He might have a lot of faults, but at least he knew that it would have been inappropriate for her to be at his side.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilae View Post
I'm not sure that a lot of people are not going to attend... because if not they could offend Albert or it would not speak for...they will perhaps be here... and think what they want to think...
(jumping international?)
No, not the jumping. The John Gilpin scholarship. Although on second thought it would be hilarious to see Charlene reprimanded by Grace's old friend Marika. She is very much into good behaviour, manners and style. And with all respect that she has for the princely family, I'm not sure that she would be willing to extend that to Charlene while she is not married to Albert. She is old fashioned and she has no problems scolding the parents of pupils when their children misbehave. She also tells the parents: you need to watch your daughters diet. She is fat. you will make her suffer when she get's older and she will be useless here. And even though some parents feel offended, they always bring their children back. Because ultimately they know that she is right. She simply has a very undiplomatic way of saying things.

In an encounter with Charlene she would surely bring up Grace and that she must at all times be aware of whose shoes she is trying to fill. She'd certainly tell her a word or two about posture and being graceful. Her verdict of Charlene would be interesting to hear.

Btw Caro had lessons with her for quite a number of years. And you can still see the training in posture and movement....
Old 06-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
No, not the jumping. The John Gilpin scholarship. Although on second thought it would be hilarious to see Charlene reprimanded by Grace's old friend Marika. She is very much into good behaviour, manners and style. And with all respect that she has for the princely family, I'm not sure that she would be willing to extend that to Charlene while she is not married to Albert. She is old fashioned and she has no problems scolding the parents of pupils when their children misbehave. She also tells the parents: you need to watch your daughters diet. She is fat. you will make her suffer when she get's older and she will be useless here. And even though some parents feel offended, they always bring their children back. Because ultimately they know that she is right. She simply has a very undiplomatic way of saying things.

In an encounter with Charlene she would surely bring up Grace and that she must at all times be aware of whose shoes she is trying to fill. She'd certainly tell her a word or two about posture and being graceful. Her verdict of Charlene would be interesting to hear.

Btw Caro had lessons with her for quite a number of years. And you can still see the training in posture and movement....
Thanks paca,
So that is why Caroline carries herself so well and upon entering a room has that je ne sais pas ce qui.Marika is of course is correct about diet only she is civil about it and stern as she should be.Only I would replce fat with "Two Ton Annie" to make the point.That would explain why Steph and Caro both still have fab figures.Caro especailly carries herself with the grace of a ballet dancer.Stephanie too has dignified way of comportment.
paca if and when marika ever meets up with Charlene let us know and thanks for these invaluable insights we would not have had without you.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarotonga View Post
Hi! I logged in and searched for monaco, prince albert of monaco for the last 7 days but was unsuccessful. Is there a way someone could post it on this board? Thanks so much!
Raro, search under SAS Albert II. That is how he is referred to in the captions of the pictures in Newscom for this festival. I saw it captioned that way on a picture that came up under Prince Albert of Monaco so I tried it and the rest of the pictures came up.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Thanks paca,
So that is why Caroline carries herself so well and upon entering a room has that je ne sais pas ce qui.Marika is of course is correct about diet only she is civil about it and stern as she should be.Only I would replce fat with "Two Ton Annie" to make the point.That would explain why Steph and Caro both still have fab figures.Caro especailly carries herself with the grace of a ballet dancer.Stephanie too has dignified way of comportment.
paca if and when marika ever meets up with Charlene let us know and thanks for these invaluable insights we would not have had without you.
I'm not sure whether Steph attended her classes, but I don't think she did it for long. But I bet Caro whenever she meets Marika surely straightens her back more then usual, because that woman has the eyes of a cameleon: she looks in one direction and with the other eye she follows whichever dancer goes past, throwing them corrective remarks and short wisdoms in their way. She is a quite remarkable lady at 80+ and still teaching, difficult for some to digest, but I am used to that sort of personality, so I am mostly amused.

If I hear anything about a meeting between her and Charlene, I will surely let you know.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Pics 24.6.2007

Here's a pic of the mass and the celebration Charlene and Albert attended together on Sunday 24 June 2007

---> Pic

And here's the whole picture gallery from deadline --> Picture Gallery
Old 06-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
- on the Olympics and -sure good if CW got to Beijing sure thing on her power by association? Sure and place in the finals ........why not? in a strapless bathing suit after the ministry has a look at this.
A MidSummer Night's Dream is your favorite play by Shakespeare.
Certainly her association with PA will help her a great deal to get there on way or the other ( it would be naive to think that being with Albert all the time has not helped CW already). Maybe that is why she still claims to be training to try get a spot on somebody's team

By hook or by crook - or by strapless swimsuit, corseted dress, retro slit leg
lace up pants or whatever.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Yes exactly hibou. Sorry didn't read all the posts when I made my reply. It is not her swimming she is training and they sould finally stop singing this tune. With all due respect, but this is desperation at its best. Maybe if Albert would have chosen a slightly better educated person with a job and a life besides Albert, then they wouldn't have to do damage control every time she shows. Admittedly it is not solely her fault. Her parents should have given her a decent education and manners. Obviously they failed, considering fame more important. But she is 29 years old, she has travelled in the world, she has met all kinds of people so has had plenty of opportunities that many less fortunate people haven't had. And yet she still can't behave at a table (remember the pics in the country club or the ones from last year when she was sort of slumped on a chair at a dinner in Menton) or dress appropriately for the occasion. I think that is rather telling about her intelligence, as a normal person would watch what others are doing and wearing and if in doubt ask questions. She has been 1 and a half years trying to convince us that she is good for the job. And I have seen not a single improvement. That is rather telling about her ability to learn, a major requirement IMO for the job she wants. I find it extremely noticeable that Mme Gallico is never present this year. Does Charlene not want her advice or did Mme Gallico give up on her? Considering that Bunte and other tabloids claim that Mme Gallico has been teaching her, I find Charlenes progress deplorable and it is rather strange that she wouldn't be near her pupil for emergency questions or to come to the rescue.
I think if Albert wanted someone with some credibility in charity work and sports promotion activity (or whatever it is that CW claims to want to do in MC - I don't know), he could have picked someone with a completed education (and not be sleeping with them - or at least not flaunting it) from before the start.

JMO
Old 06-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
She can't be training in an indoor pool. She left South Africa for Monaco because it is winter in SA and she doesn't like to train in an indoor pool. In Europe/Monaco it is summer and she can keep on training in outdoor pools. Or so she said.
she actually said that?? so she may be eating her own words?

Funny though, she has not much money (I think) to pay for a private pool so how can someone with no money ( I think) not want to take advantage of free public facilities?

I would think she want people to see her swim so they can see her work - (she said it is her career).

Why not let people get a look to see it go for themselves

my opinion only
Old 06-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Aristocracy

could albert please buy her a better dress than what she is wearing because
she look like she is going to a beach party, i feel sorry for them both,if he cannot help her he should let her go.

Closed Thread