The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
THanks for the pics of Morticia with short sleeves . .........Whatever Buntes claims, but I suspect that Mme Gallico is sitting near a pool in some far away country sipping on one of those drinks that come in a fancy outfit mumbling over the latest pics that someone has mailed her: even that would have looked better than what she's wearing...
She's still around (not only sports events...) so he's perhaps trying to impose her...Do you remember Paca posts about Charlene 's return soon in SA...because monegasque are displeased... I think that several clans are around Albert and his ???? wait and see...

Old 06-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

In addition to the pics from yesterday I've already posted, here's a nice picture gallery from deadline, with many
more pics of Albert and of the guests that were at the palace party --> Picture gallery 13.6.2007

Old 06-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Serene Highness

Has there been any sign of Charlene or Albert at the swimming competition Mare Nostrum (Sp?) as I heard today was it's first day?
Old 06-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Serene Highness

Does anyone know when the African Masters swimming competition is? In one of the Bunte interviews Charlene said she would be competing there in July but she also said she would be in Tunsia at a competition but that competition turned out to be held in Algeria in July.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think she will be competing anywhere. Watching others do sports, is not training. She hasn't done anything for quite sometime now (mid may I believe), we saw pics of her going to a physiotherapist. Unless she uses one of those superdrugs, she won't be able to swim a decent time. She hasn't done any qualifying yet and if she doesn't get it over and done with soon, then she won't be able to make it to the Olympics as a swimmer. But that doesn't seem to be her goal lately anyways.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:39 PM
Aristocracy

if she does not involve in this moment it is that she must be too good to have a too long drive... what she had 3 months of drive to gain a bronze medal, for the gold medal of Peijing, (these games proceed in July ??? no ???) she takes her 9 months!!! then she can begin her drive in November... thus she has all her time!!! COOL Charlene !!!! Relax !!!!

lckc571
Old 06-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Well the way I read the paper today they were somewhat insuating that she wasn't really their for training her swimming...
Yes i read it in the same way.... but i repeat: Albert is more and more uncomfortable... and he can't close "anything" for review... He created Charlene's event.... nothing new on today's paper... Charlene is here... even if there are no pics... she will perhaps go with him to some official event but she has perhaps to settle up with other Grimaldis...
Old 06-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Administrator

From this point forward, all posts regarding what the people of Monaco think of Charlene will be deleted as speculative.

According to a 2006 census there are roughly 35,000 people who inhabit Monaco. Unless, there has been an official poll done in which a majority of Monegasque indicate their yea or nay perference for Charlene...then everything else is just speculation. Just as I would not expect to speak on behalf of another member of this board. I wouldn't expect one person to speak on behalf of an entire country. I am sure there are people in Monaco who don't like her, like her or probably don't think about her at all.

Let's keep it in perspective please.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
From this point forward, all posts regarding what the people of Monaco think of Charlene will be deleted as speculative.

According to a 2006 census there are roughly 35,000 people who inhabit Monaco. Unless, there has been an official poll done in which a majority of Monegasque indicate their yea or nay perference for Charlene...then everything else is just speculation. Just as I would not expect to speak on behalf of another member of this board. I wouldn't expect one person to speak on behalf of an entire country. I am sure there are people in Monaco who don't like her, like her or probably don't think about her at all.

Let's keep it in perspective please.
While I agree we should keep things in persepctive, and with all due respect, the people posting about what people think actually live there or have friends living there and I find their opinions of what they are hearing a good balance to what we read in the press and tabloids. While certainly they don't represent all of Monaco I do value hearing from them. JMO
Old 06-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
While I agree we should keep things in persepctive, and with all due respect, the people posting about what people think actually live there or have friends living there and I find their opinions of what they are hearing a good balance to what we read in the press and tabloids. While certainly they don't represent all of Monaco I do value hearing from them. JMO
If you take a look at the FAQ it gives you an answer:
Quote:
My knowledge about the royals of Country X is based on having friends and relations who live there and who talk about their royals. Can I share that information in the threads even though it isn't published?

As long as the information is presented as the personal opinion of friends or relations, and is not used to contradict published news reports or claim that everyone in that country feels the same way, or as an excuse to attack the royals concerned, it's generally acceptable. Bear in mind that another member may have friends or relatives in that country who hold the opposite view. Also please note that personal anecdotes are usually not a good basis for discussion and should therefore be used sparingly. The forum moderators have the final say about whether such posts are appropriate, and comments and allegations which are deemed malicious, defamatory, or otherwise unhelpful to the discussion will be removed.

I'm the godson of the Earl of Whatever, and I went to school with Prince Whosit. Why can't I talk about my royal friends?

Our rules about privacy include a rule protecting the privacy of royals. Also, we have no way of verifying that any of our posters are really members or friends of members of royal or noble houses, and we've had a lot of these claims over the years. Our rule requiring verifiable sources of discussion applies in this case. We aren't going to take unverified claims of inside knowledge at face value.

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 06-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer View Post
If you take a look at the FAQ it gives you an answer:
Thanks Lady Jennifer, so they can post as long as the clarify things and make it clear about what they are hearing.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
That is acceptable and understandable. So maybe we should preface our statements with "Some of the people in Monaco" think....or something along those lines. Not "Everyone is unhappy." That is a broad statement and it indicates that everyone feels that way...and we have no way of knowing that.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:49 AM
Serene Highness

Yesterday charlene attended the festivities for St Jean. Pics can be found on Newscom. Monaco matin doesn't mention her nor does it have a picture of her in the paper. Interesting after they had yesterdays article in the non Monaco pages. You would have thought that after yesterdays article they would have continued to beat that drum. Though the festivities are only described in the Monaco exclusive pages and in those she has always been rare in being mentioned. Those who are responsible for those pages are actually local journalists, whereas those who are writing the more general pages are based in Nice. The local ones are probably more aware of the sensibility of the subject and what their readers would like to hear about. Just a guess though. there might have been some official asking for her not to be pictured or mentioned.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Serene Highness

Ok I have some questions I hope someone can answer - here we go!

1. Did she attend the mass or both the mass and festival

2. I assume if she is not Catholic she could still attend the mass but not participate

3. if she in in training to convert her religion, could she still participate in the mass or attend the mass

4. If she only attended the festival does it mean she can't attend the mass because she isnt' Catholic

5. I thought the Catholic church required you to be covered up at the mass and Charlene was in a strapless dress and there are no pics of her with a shawl or jacket to cover her shoulders.

If she only attended the festival and not the mass why would Albert do that it seems like he is just parading her around and that strikes me as very odd that one would do that to a girlfriend unless he only views her as a trophy.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Ok I have some questions I hope someone can answer - here we go!

1. Did she attend the mass or both the mass and festival.
See question 5 -- if she wore a strapless dress, particularly if she were to be seated with the family, she would have to be covered up.

Quote:
2. I assume if she is not Catholic she could still attend the mass but not participate
True...

Quote:
3. if she in in training to convert her religion, could she still participate in the mass or attend the mass
If she is in the process of converting, attending Mass on a weekly basis is required as it is for all Catholics born into the faith.

Quote:
4. If she only attended the festival does it mean she can't attend the mass because she isnt' Catholic
Non-Catholics are allowed to attend Mass. If Charlene only attended the festival, it may be because she, as a non-Catholic, would have felt out of place at the service. She may have been there just not seated with the family as that would be quite the statement.

Quote:
5. I thought the Catholic church required you to be covered up at the mass and Charlene was in a strapless dress and there are no pics of her with a shawl or jacket to cover her shoulders.
You would be surprised how some people attend Mass (at least in the States). Some of those stone churches can be very cold as well so dressing a little out of season is required. No longer required to wear head coverings but there are a lot of strapless dresses on brides (w/o shrugs or lace bolero jackets) but there should be a sense of propriety especially if you are the guest of the Grimaldis. JMO

Quote:
If she only attended the festival and not the mass why would Albert do that it seems like he is just parading her around and that strikes me as very odd that one would do that to a girlfriend unless he only views her as a trophy.
The festival was probably more her style and the Mass is seen more as an "official" function. IMO, there hasn't been a lot that makes sense in this relationship. As a Catholic, I have a hard time seeing Albert bring Charlene to a Mass/religious occasion when they have been cohabitating or at least off publicly vacationing together. Personally, I'd like to know if Albert received the Eucharist w/o absolution. (Then that could be one of the perks of the job...) There are certain things that are "understood" so you certainly don't flaunt them in a public way.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991 View Post
Non-Catholics are allowed to attend Mass. If Charlene only attended the festival, it may be because she, as a non-Catholic, would have felt out of place at the service. She may have been there just not seated with the family as that would be quite the statement.
You mean unlike trotting her out all the time? Isn't that quite the statement too? The Monaco princely family is a whole different category in itself, but in any other royal family Albert's behaviour would mean he was engaged to be married. I haven't seen any crown prince show off his girlfriend like this before the engagement announcement.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
You mean unlike trotting her out all the time? Isn't that quite the statement too? The Monaco princely family is a whole different category in itself, but in any other royal family Albert's behaviour would mean he was engaged to be married. I haven't seen any crown prince show off his girlfriend like this before the engagement announcement.
Again, not a lot in this relationship makes sense and Albert doesn't have to answer to an irate parent regarding whom he takes where. He only has to answer to himself. He did take others to events w/o an engagement announcement. It's just that a religious ceremony, unlike a fundraising dinner or sporting event, implies something different. Also with the others, there was no public announcement from either party that they were "lovers" (remember her blabbing to the press in Turin?) -- I can't imagine taking your mistress to Mass.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Serene Highness

Hibou, according to all accounts I heard, she did not attend mass but did join later in the procession and activities. Catholic or non catholic, she could have attended mass (I do that all the time) but not have communion unless it was explicitly oecumenic. In any case her dress was highly inappropriate for the occasion, especially as the prince's girlfriend. Tourists would have been permissable as being ignorant, but not the prince's girlfriend. You should listen to my elderly neighbour who attends every procession and who goes to mass to the cathedral every sunday (not her closest church, but the Monaco cathedral). To assist a religous festivity in Monaco in this kind of outfit as the prince's girlfriend and wanna be wife shows utter disrespect to Monegasque tradition and sentiment. ( my guess why she wasn't on any pics in the paper - damage control like last year) Obviously she thought it was a fun thing to attend. At least she was dressed that way. If she wants to attend these kind of events she might want to get some background info first. There is a fundraiser dinner on the weekend that Albert is supposed to attend. A lot of people that went last year said that they were not sure about going or not, because they are not willing to pay 280 Euros to watch Charlene eat. They said it is nice of Albert to have said that he'd attend, but they are not thrilled at the prospect of Charlene being there, although so far it is not official that she will tag along. To be quite honest, I wouldn't want to be in that room if you paid me 2800 Euros to attend the dinner if she was there. Having had a glance at her table manners, has put me off for a lifetime. Not an experience I need to relive.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Yesterday charlene attended the festivities for St Jean. Pics can be found on Newscom. Monaco matin doesn't mention her nor does it have a picture of her in the paper. Interesting after they had yesterdays article in the non Monaco pages. You would have thought that after yesterdays article they would have continued to beat that drum. Though the festivities are only described in the Monaco exclusive pages and in those she has always been rare in being mentioned. Those who are responsible for those pages are actually local journalists, whereas those who are writing the more general pages are based in Nice. The local ones are probably more aware of the sensibility of the subject and what their readers would like to hear about. Just a guess though. there might have been some official asking for her not to be pictured or mentioned.
Paca, I went to Newscom and saw pictures of the festivities but none of Charlene. There is one shot of a blond standing to the left but it doesn't look like her to me. Am I missing something right in front of my eyes. (it wouldnt be the first time).
Old 06-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra65 View Post
Paca, I went to Newscom and saw pictures of the festivities but none of Charlene. There is one shot of a blond standing to the left but it doesn't look like her to me. Am I missing something right in front of my eyes. (it wouldnt be the first time).
unfortunately, she is well her... she makes imitation of animal (tortoise ) (sorry for moderators and administrators but she resembles a tortoise) ... and since she read that she seemed to exceed of a Albert head, she makes low profile!!
lckc571