Charlene Wittstock Current Events Part 9 : May 2007 - Jan.2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
paca said:
THanks for the pics of Morticia with short sleeves ;). .........Whatever Buntes claims, but I suspect that Mme Gallico is sitting near a pool in some far away country sipping on one of those drinks that come in a fancy outfit mumbling over the latest pics that someone has mailed her: even that would have looked better than what she's wearing...
She's still around (not only sports events...) so he's perhaps trying to impose her...Do you remember Paca posts about Charlene 's return soon in SA...because monegasque are displeased... I think that several clans are around Albert and his ???? wait and see...

In addition to the pics from yesterday I've already posted, here's a nice picture gallery from deadline, with many
more pics of Albert and of the guests that were at the palace party --> Picture gallery 13.6.2007 :flowers:

Has there been any sign of Charlene or Albert at the swimming competition Mare Nostrum (Sp?) as I heard today was it's first day?

Does anyone know when the African Masters swimming competition is? In one of the Bunte interviews Charlene said she would be competing there in July but she also said she would be in Tunsia at a competition but that competition turned out to be held in Algeria in July.

I don't think she will be competing anywhere. Watching others do sports, is not training. She hasn't done anything for quite sometime now (mid may I believe), we saw pics of her going to a physiotherapist. Unless she uses one of those superdrugs, she won't be able to swim a decent time. She hasn't done any qualifying yet and if she doesn't get it over and done with soon, then she won't be able to make it to the Olympics as a swimmer. But that doesn't seem to be her goal lately anyways.

if she does not involve in this moment it is that she must be too good to have a too long drive... what she had 3 months of drive to gain a bronze medal, for the gold medal of Peijing, (these games proceed in July ??? no ???) she takes her 9 months!!! then she can begin her drive in November... thus she has all her time!!! COOL Charlene !!!! Relax !!!!

lckc571

Well the way I read the paper today they were somewhat insuating that she wasn't really their for training her swimming...
Yes i read it in the same way.... but i repeat: Albert is more and more uncomfortable... and he can't close "anything" for review... He created Charlene's event.... nothing new on today's paper... Charlene is here... even if there are no pics... she will perhaps go with him to some official event but she has perhaps to settle up with other Grimaldis...

From this point forward, all posts regarding what the people of Monaco think of Charlene will be deleted as speculative.

According to a 2006 census there are roughly 35,000 people who inhabit Monaco. Unless, there has been an official poll done in which a majority of Monegasque indicate their yea or nay perference for Charlene...then everything else is just speculation. Just as I would not expect to speak on behalf of another member of this board. I wouldn't expect one person to speak on behalf of an entire country. I am sure there are people in Monaco who don't like her, like her or probably don't think about her at all.

Let's keep it in perspective please.

From this point forward, all posts regarding what the people of Monaco think of Charlene will be deleted as speculative.

According to a 2006 census there are roughly 35,000 people who inhabit Monaco. Unless, there has been an official poll done in which a majority of Monegasque indicate their yea or nay perference for Charlene...then everything else is just speculation. Just as I would not expect to speak on behalf of another member of this board. I wouldn't expect one person to speak on behalf of an entire country. I am sure there are people in Monaco who don't like her, like her or probably don't think about her at all.

Let's keep it in perspective please.

While I agree we should keep things in persepctive, and with all due respect, the people posting about what people think actually live there or have friends living there and I find their opinions of what they are hearing a good balance to what we read in the press and tabloids. While certainly they don't represent all of Monaco I do value hearing from them. JMO

While I agree we should keep things in persepctive, and with all due respect, the people posting about what people think actually live there or have friends living there and I find their opinions of what they are hearing a good balance to what we read in the press and tabloids. While certainly they don't represent all of Monaco I do value hearing from them. JMO

If you take a look at the FAQ it gives you an answer:
My knowledge about the royals of Country X is based on having friends and relations who live there and who talk about their royals. Can I share that information in the threads even though it isn't published?

As long as the information is presented as the personal opinion of friends or relations, and is not used to contradict published news reports or claim that everyone in that country feels the same way, or as an excuse to attack the royals concerned, it's generally acceptable. Bear in mind that another member may have friends or relatives in that country who hold the opposite view. Also please note that personal anecdotes are usually not a good basis for discussion and should therefore be used sparingly. The forum moderators have the final say about whether such posts are appropriate, and comments and allegations which are deemed malicious, defamatory, or otherwise unhelpful to the discussion will be removed.

I'm the godson of the Earl of Whatever, and I went to school with Prince Whosit. Why can't I talk about my royal friends?

Our rules about privacy include a rule protecting the privacy of royals. Also, we have no way of verifying that any of our posters are really members or friends of members of royal or noble houses, and we've had a lot of these claims over the years. Our rule requiring verifiable sources of discussion applies in this case. We aren't going to take unverified claims of inside knowledge at face value.

That is acceptable and understandable. So maybe we should preface our statements with "Some of the people in Monaco" think....or something along those lines. Not "Everyone is unhappy." That is a broad statement and it indicates that everyone feels that way...and we have no way of knowing that.

Yesterday charlene attended the festivities for St Jean. Pics can be found on Newscom. Monaco matin doesn't mention her nor does it have a picture of her in the paper. Interesting after they had yesterdays article in the non Monaco pages. You would have thought that after yesterdays article they would have continued to beat that drum. Though the festivities are only described in the Monaco exclusive pages and in those she has always been rare in being mentioned. Those who are responsible for those pages are actually local journalists, whereas those who are writing the more general pages are based in Nice. The local ones are probably more aware of the sensibility of the subject and what their readers would like to hear about. Just a guess though. there might have been some official asking for her not to be pictured or mentioned.

Ok I have some questions I hope someone can answer - here we go!

1. Did she attend the mass or both the mass and festival

2. I assume if she is not Catholic she could still attend the mass but not participate

3. if she in in training to convert her religion, could she still participate in the mass or attend the mass

4. If she only attended the festival does it mean she can't attend the mass because she isnt' Catholic

5. I thought the Catholic church required you to be covered up at the mass and Charlene was in a strapless dress and there are no pics of her with a shawl or jacket to cover her shoulders.

If she only attended the festival and not the mass why would Albert do that it seems like he is just parading her around and that strikes me as very odd that one would do that to a girlfriend unless he only views her as a trophy.

Ok I have some questions I hope someone can answer - here we go!

1. Did she attend the mass or both the mass and festival.

See question 5 -- if she wore a strapless dress, particularly if she were to be seated with the family, she would have to be covered up.

2. I assume if she is not Catholic she could still attend the mass but not participate

True...

3. if she in in training to convert her religion, could she still participate in the mass or attend the mass

If she is in the process of converting, attending Mass on a weekly basis is required as it is for all Catholics born into the faith.

4. If she only attended the festival does it mean she can't attend the mass because she isnt' Catholic

Non-Catholics are allowed to attend Mass. If Charlene only attended the festival, it may be because she, as a non-Catholic, would have felt out of place at the service. She may have been there just not seated with the family as that would be quite the statement.

5. I thought the Catholic church required you to be covered up at the mass and Charlene was in a strapless dress and there are no pics of her with a shawl or jacket to cover her shoulders.

You would be surprised how some people attend Mass (at least in the States). Some of those stone churches can be very cold as well so dressing a little out of season is required. No longer required to wear head coverings but there are a lot of strapless dresses on brides (w/o shrugs or lace bolero jackets) but there should be a sense of propriety especially if you are the guest of the Grimaldis. JMO

If she only attended the festival and not the mass why would Albert do that it seems like he is just parading her around and that strikes me as very odd that one would do that to a girlfriend unless he only views her as a trophy.

The festival was probably more her style and the Mass is seen more as an "official" function. IMO, there hasn't been a lot that makes sense in this relationship. As a Catholic, I have a hard time seeing Albert bring Charlene to a Mass/religious occasion when they have been cohabitating or at least off publicly vacationing together. Personally, I'd like to know if Albert received the Eucharist w/o absolution. (Then that could be one of the perks of the job...) There are certain things that are "understood" so you certainly don't flaunt them in a public way.

Non-Catholics are allowed to attend Mass. If Charlene only attended the festival, it may be because she, as a non-Catholic, would have felt out of place at the service. She may have been there just not seated with the family as that would be quite the statement.
You mean unlike trotting her out all the time? Isn't that quite the statement too? The Monaco princely family is a whole different category in itself, but in any other royal family Albert's behaviour would mean he was engaged to be married. I haven't seen any crown prince show off his girlfriend like this before the engagement announcement. :ermm:

You mean unlike trotting her out all the time? Isn't that quite the statement too? The Monaco princely family is a whole different category in itself, but in any other royal family Albert's behaviour would mean he was engaged to be married. I haven't seen any crown prince show off his girlfriend like this before the engagement announcement. :ermm:

Again, not a lot in this relationship makes sense and Albert doesn't have to answer to an irate parent regarding whom he takes where. He only has to answer to himself. He did take others to events w/o an engagement announcement. It's just that a religious ceremony, unlike a fundraising dinner or sporting event, implies something different. Also with the others, there was no public announcement from either party that they were "lovers" (remember her blabbing to the press in Turin?) -- I can't imagine taking your mistress to Mass.

Hibou, according to all accounts I heard, she did not attend mass but did join later in the procession and activities. Catholic or non catholic, she could have attended mass (I do that all the time) but not have communion unless it was explicitly oecumenic. In any case her dress was highly inappropriate for the occasion, especially as the prince's girlfriend. Tourists would have been permissable as being ignorant, but not the prince's girlfriend. You should listen to my elderly neighbour who attends every procession and who goes to mass to the cathedral every sunday (not her closest church, but the Monaco cathedral). To assist a religous festivity in Monaco in this kind of outfit as the prince's girlfriend and wanna be wife shows utter disrespect to Monegasque tradition and sentiment. ( my guess why she wasn't on any pics in the paper - damage control like last year) Obviously she thought it was a fun thing to attend. At least she was dressed that way. If she wants to attend these kind of events she might want to get some background info first. There is a fundraiser dinner on the weekend that Albert is supposed to attend. A lot of people that went last year said that they were not sure about going or not, because they are not willing to pay 280 Euros to watch Charlene eat. They said it is nice of Albert to have said that he'd attend, but they are not thrilled at the prospect of Charlene being there, although so far it is not official that she will tag along. To be quite honest, I wouldn't want to be in that room if you paid me 2800 Euros to attend the dinner if she was there. Having had a glance at her table manners, has put me off for a lifetime. Not an experience I need to relive.

Yesterday charlene attended the festivities for St Jean. Pics can be found on Newscom. Monaco matin doesn't mention her nor does it have a picture of her in the paper. Interesting after they had yesterdays article in the non Monaco pages. You would have thought that after yesterdays article they would have continued to beat that drum. Though the festivities are only described in the Monaco exclusive pages and in those she has always been rare in being mentioned. Those who are responsible for those pages are actually local journalists, whereas those who are writing the more general pages are based in Nice. The local ones are probably more aware of the sensibility of the subject and what their readers would like to hear about. Just a guess though. there might have been some official asking for her not to be pictured or mentioned.

Paca, I went to Newscom and saw pictures of the festivities but none of Charlene. There is one shot of a blond standing to the left but it doesn't look like her to me. Am I missing something right in front of my eyes. (it wouldnt be the first time).:rolleyes:

Paca, I went to Newscom and saw pictures of the festivities but none of Charlene. There is one shot of a blond standing to the left but it doesn't look like her to me. Am I missing something right in front of my eyes. (it wouldnt be the first time).:rolleyes:

unfortunately, she is well her... she makes imitation of animal (tortoise ) (sorry for moderators and administrators but she resembles a tortoise) ... and since she read that she seemed to exceed of a Albert head, she makes low profile!!
lckc571

Libra,
try this one:
Newscom.com | Login
(with the usual logging in) If it doesn't work, log in and search for Monaco. Loads of pics... I'd say lots of pretty pics, but...

:blush: Sorry. I found it now. I went in to newscom and searched under Prince Albert of Monaco for the last 7 days. I needed to search under SAS Albert II for the last 7 days. Sorry, I knew it was right under my big old nose. :blush:

paca;631224[B said:
]............[/B] There is a fundraiser dinner on the weekend that Albert is supposed to attend. A lot of people that went last year said that they were not sure about going or not, because they are not willing to pay 280 Euros to watch Charlene eat. They said it is nice of Albert to have said that he'd attend, but they are not thrilled at the prospect of Charlene being there, although so far it is not official that she will tag along. To be quite honest, I wouldn't want to be in that room if you paid me 2800 Euros to attend the dinner if she was there. Having had a glance at her table manners, has put me off for a lifetime. Not an experience I need to relive.
Or they could be here... and report... because if more and more people speak about the Real Charlene and not about the Glamourous Charlene... low voice is going to be loud voice.

Hibou, according to all accounts I heard, she did not attend mass but did join later in the procession and activities. Catholic or non catholic, she could have attended mass (I do that all the time) but not have communion unless it was explicitly oecumenic. In any case her dress was highly inappropriate for the occasion, especially as the prince's girlfriend. Tourists would have been permissable as being ignorant, but not the prince's girlfriend. You should listen to my elderly neighbour who attends every procession and who goes to mass to the cathedral every sunday (not her closest church, but the Monaco cathedral). To assist a religous festivity in Monaco in this kind of outfit as the prince's girlfriend and wanna be wife shows utter disrespect to Monegasque tradition and sentiment. ( my guess why she wasn't on any pics in the paper - damage control like last year) Obviously she thought it was a fun thing to attend. At least she was dressed that way. If she wants to attend these kind of events she might want to get some background info first. There is a fundraiser dinner on the weekend that Albert is supposed to attend. A lot of people that went last year said that they were not sure about going or not, because they are not willing to pay 280 Euros to watch Charlene eat. They said it is nice of Albert to have said that he'd attend, but they are not thrilled at the prospect of Charlene being there, although so far it is not official that she will tag along. To be quite honest, I wouldn't want to be in that room if you paid me 2800 Euros to attend the dinner if she was there. Having had a glance at her table manners, has put me off for a lifetime. Not an experience I need to relive.

Thanks paca for you insight. I greatly appreciate hearing what is going on. So she didn't go to mass but she could have and should have if she is converting to the Catholic faith. I have to agree about the dress which is why I was so surprised that she would wear something to a religious occasion. She seems to miss the boat on almost everything she attends. I can't believe no one is advising her. Albert's protocol people could at least make suggestions to her so that she is not committing a faux pas. It does show ignorance which in turn appears to be disrespect.

As far as the table manners I wouldn't pay to go see that either. You would think she would go to an etiquette school or receive basic tutoring. They have these schools for business people to attend here in the US especially for those that travel a lot to many different countries. It is very sad to see someone with no table manners at her age. It's one thing if you haven't been taught it's another when you fail to open your eyes to see how others eat and then try to learn from it. It's not like anyone would expect her to understand a table setting for a seven course meal - she just needs the basics at this point. So sad I must say!

Or they could be here... and report... because if more and more people speak about the Real Charlene and not about the Glamourous Charlene... low voice is going to be loud voice.

Exactly Lilae - it starts as a low rumble then it roars like a lion no mistaking it when it happens.

paca;631224. A [B said:
lot of people that went last year said that they were not sure about going or not[/B], because they are not willing to pay 280 Euros to watch Charlene eat. They said it is nice of Albert to have said that he'd attend, but they are not thrilled at the prospect of Charlene being there, although so far it is not official that she will tag along. To be quite honest, I wouldn't want to be in that room if you paid me 2800 Euros to attend the dinner if she was there. Having had a glance at her table manners, has put me off for a lifetime. Not an experience I need to relive.
I'm not sure that a lot of people are not going to attend... because if not they could offend Albert or it would not speak for...they will perhaps be here... and think what they want to think...
(jumping international?)

devout, pious & spiritual.

thanks paca again for your exceptional commentary,
I posted long ago around the Amade dinner in SA that I thought that there was by the dress CW wore not one iota or vestige of spirituality in her.To assist in this kind of outfit means you are clueless and need a compass badly.But what is the point of a compass if you cannot read the directions? This is most disconcerting of all. Had Cw participated in mass would that have been tantamount to the church sanctioning their carnal relationship?[based in food and sex from what I gather] In India they say that if you have bad eating habits and a deep appetite you are not honest.
I am beginning to wonder if there is any truth in that saying.JMO

Last edited:
:blush: Sorry. I found it now. I went in to newscom and searched under Prince Albert of Monaco for the last 7 days. I needed to search under SAS Albert II for the last 7 days. Sorry, I knew it was right under my big old nose. :blush:

Hi! I logged in and searched for monaco, prince albert of monaco for the last 7 days but was unsuccessful. Is there a way someone could post it on this board? Thanks so much!

Nope I don't think she's training at all or she would have competed in the Mare Nostrum. She's supposed to be in SA soon for the African games - Let's see if she shows up or stays in Monaco. As for the press if you want to protect her you don't take her to public events like a festival. You don't take her to a public event and then have the audacity to tell the press to back off. After all there were photos taken as we have seen them. I think paca's explanation of the Monaco journalists not printing her photo is the truth about the way things are at the moment in Monaco. In reality it fools no one except maybe Albert who thinks he is getting away with it all. JMO
Yes exactly hibou. Sorry didn't read all the posts when I made my reply. It is not her swimming she is training and they sould finally stop singing this tune. With all due respect, but this is desperation at its best. Maybe if Albert would have chosen a slightly better educated person with a job and a life besides Albert, then they wouldn't have to do damage control every time she shows. Admittedly it is not solely her fault. Her parents should have given her a decent education and manners. Obviously they failed, considering fame more important. But she is 29 years old, she has travelled in the world, she has met all kinds of people so has had plenty of opportunities that many less fortunate people haven't had. And yet she still can't behave at a table (remember the pics in the country club or the ones from last year when she was sort of slumped on a chair at a dinner in Menton) or dress appropriately for the occasion. I think that is rather telling about her intelligence, as a normal person would watch what others are doing and wearing and if in doubt ask questions. She has been 1 and a half years trying to convince us that she is good for the job. And I have seen not a single improvement. That is rather telling about her ability to learn, a major requirement IMO for the job she wants. I find it extremely noticeable that Mme Gallico is never present this year. Does Charlene not want her advice or did Mme Gallico give up on her? Considering that Bunte and other tabloids claim that Mme Gallico has been teaching her, I find Charlenes progress deplorable and it is rather strange that she wouldn't be near her pupil for emergency questions or to come to the rescue.

She can't be training in an indoor pool. She left South Africa for Monaco because it is winter in SA and she doesn't like to train in an indoor pool. In Europe/Monaco it is summer and she can keep on training in outdoor pools. Or so she said.
Yes that's what she said, but the one in Monaco where she has been seen last year and this year is indoors too. And the pool in the port is not used for training but for pleasure. But maybe she swims at the beach Club. ;) On the other hand the dress she wore on sunday doesn't show any marks of a bathingsuit, so maybe she is swimming topless :eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom