Charlene Wittstock Current Events Part 9 : May 2007 - Jan.2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Not really so brave. It's a crowded place on weekends and the rowers get out there pretty earlier as I recall. I actually always enjoyed it, never had any sense of fear at all. I felt relaxed and happy there. hmmm........ weird.
Maybe it has changed. It was still the 90s when I was there so who knows....

If you were jogging only on weekends, yes there are tons of people around but in the early mornings and after work it's not well populated. Anyway we are probably giving people more than they ever wanted to know about Philly except that Kels statue is located near boat house row near the Phil. Museum of Art for those who are going to visit Phil.

I did find it strange that the covers of Paris Match were different - especially the fact that the Maldives photos were never in the Philly version .

If you were jogging only on weekends, yes there are tons of people around but in the early mornings and after work it's not well populated. Anyway we are probably giving people more than they ever wanted to know about Philly except that Kels statue is located near boat house row near the Phil. Museum of Art for those who are going to visit Phil.

I did find it strange that the covers of Paris Match were different - especially the fact that the Maldives photos were never in the Philly version .
They're worried about being sued and she isn't American like Princess Grace.

Mandy,

I just thought I would offer up a suggestion, as it doesn't seem that there is anyway of pleasing anyone.

Also Mandy, I'm not positive it was you or another moderator, but there was some going back and forth not so long ago, and some of us that held or hold negative opinions of Charlene, being constantly badgered as to having to substantiate why we held our negative opinions - that they were unfair (says who?, our opinions are our opinions, too bad if someone thinks they are unfair? They are our opinions nothing is going to change that). I was told that I should be patient and help out those that did not care to do their own research, which led to the constant rehash (which I was the one complaining about in the first place) of the same reasons why many have an unfavorable opinion. It was the moderators that suggested us to help out the new people on the board? Then when we did this, we got pounded for bashing and rehashing?

Yep, that would have been me. And by "help out those that did not care to do their own research" I meant that rather than telling them to go away because they weren't worthy to join the conversation, which is what was going on at the time, it would be a lot more productive to point them at resources where they could get up to speed. Which isn't the same as having to rehash the history of Albert and Charlene's relationship every time someone asks. Of course, if a person is going to be of the opinion that newcomers to the conversation "did not care to do their own research" rather than that they were simply new to the topic and trying to learn about what was going on, I can see why "go away and stop boring us" might be a tempting response. However, I think it might be more productive to give newcomers the benefit of the doubt.

I see the same posters picking fights with different people which seems fine as long as they constantly praise the moderator. I'm sure this doesn't effect any favoritism for certain posters?:rolleyes:

Please forward some examples of this to the admins.

Last edited:
Yep, that would have been me. And by "help out those that did not care to do their own research" I meant that rather than telling them to go away because they weren't worthy to join the conversation, which is what was going on at the time, it would be a lot more productive to point them at resources where they could get up to speed. Which isn't the same as having to rehash the history of Albert and Charlene's relationship every time someone asks. Of course, if a person is going to be of the opinion that newcomers to the conversation "did not care to do their own research" rather than that they were simply new to the topic and trying to learn about what was going on, I can see why "go away and stop boring us" might be a tempting response. However, I think it might be more productive to give newcomers the benefit of the doubt.

Please forward some examples of this to the admins.

Elspeth, I had some conversations with you, but you are not the moderator I was talking about. But I do take issue with you putting words in my mouth, never in my post did I tell someone to "go away they weren't worthy" never was that my intention, nor is that the intention that I saw with other posters. But this is a good example of the problem of the threads. I see no reason why we should have to substantiate our opinion for anyone! It is our opinion, and it was other posters replying to my post, that seemed to want to pick a fight, it is the fact we are trying to defend our opinion and by doing so bashing. I don't think many here attacked a post that said "I like Charlene" I did not continue to ask them to substantiate their opinion, only after we were told that we much substantiate ours? And we always were told they didn't have to? I also do not see that it is my responsibility to search and offer up links, although others have in the past like MyAdia who got attacked for doing it! - Exactly what you are asking for! Recently someone asked if someone could tell him/her How Albert became this woman in his life? - Where they met and why she was thought of differently than any other woman of Albert's, was the jest. I did as you asked, I thought I did a pretty good job. I also told then they should try to find the link and tried to tell them where they might look and that they should make up their own mind after reading the interview for himself? I also asked for other people to jump in? Anyone who wanted to counter an opinion was certainly welcomed including the moderators? I also mentioned that I did not see anyone else jumping in to help, so I thought the poster seemed sincere and I jumped in? Naturally I got attacked from the moderaters for doing just what was asked. What the moderater seemed to not like (once again) was that I injected my own opinion that was unfavorable, so it was not liked. This girls past conduct is what I don't like, how can one substantiate one's opinion without bringing it up? It's kind of a Catch 22? I'm sorry that I do not care for the girl (past and present) and that bothers everyone with a differing opinion, but it seems to be the opinion of a large part of the concensus, whether you want to admit it or not? Magazines are in the business of selling magazines as that seem to be a popular response to rebut this? So I guess that means there is a popular opinion of Paris Hilton, and Britney or anyone else you see on a cover of a magazine! I cannot speak why others do not care for Charlene, I can only express my own (or rather it would seem I cannot!). It seems to me we are the ones being told to go away we are not worthy. And it seems most of us have! But this stll remains an even bigger shark pit, and I am sorry that I keep taking the bait! I offered up the simple solution of shutting down the thread since there seems to only be one hand clapping over here! I should have known as many of us feel that just seeing our names posted here would seem to bring attack. My simple solution is to stay off the Charlene threads completely, as I think that my well voiced and truthful opinion has been drawn into the kind of warfare that made me offer up the suggestion of closing the thread down in the first place! Another reply to my post is not neccessary unless you are doing it for the benefit of someone other than myself, and you feel a need to respond. This is really becoming more and more juvenile. And Elspeth I had always credited you with being the one voice of reason on this thread! Really is there a reason this girl worth all of this?:flowers: It really makes you wonder why these threads bring this on, I tried to offer up reasons of what I thought might incite it! My apologies for that!

Yep, it's too much info. about Philly already for CW thread. But yeah, I meant weekends, because That's the only time I really could go out there, as I was working during the week, in a very hectic job. I type about a gazillion words a minute, my fingers being practically invisible so you could say sometimes I am typing way faster than my thoughts can keep up.

Well, sandsla, Ghislaine, and others like-minded, I assure you that in the future if I wish to take issue with a criticism about CW, I will try to be more fastidious. I will do it because, quite honestly, I think all of you are fascinating people and I enjoy reading your thoughts more than you can possibly know.

Elspeth, I had some conversations with you, but you are not the moderator I was talking about. But I do take issue with you putting words in my mouth, never in my post did I tell someone to "go away they weren't worthy" never was that my intention,

You did, however, tell someone back in the summer (in a post that was deleted) "It seems clear by your posts that you are not informed, judging by your current posts, you still do not care to research or inform yourself or you would not be posting the SAME questions and making the statements that have been told, answered & debated ad nauseam by people who have been paying attention for what seems to be the duration of the relationship that has been played out in public, at least 19 months now. Really, It's like someone who sits down at the end of a movie, and wants to know what the story is? or worse, try to tell you what happened when they weren't even present for it? That is what is tiresome? I'm sorry but this party did not start just when you arrived! It is clear you are not up to speed (IMO) & many are just wasting our time in responding (IMO)."

I stand by my comment that a shortened version of that is "go away, you aren't worth talking to." I didn't address your comment about substantiating a negative opinion; however, I'll just say that I think it's easier to get a meaningful conversation going if people will give reasons for why they think the way they do. I was the moderator who took issue with the above comment of yours at the time because I'm concerned about an atmosphere where posters are making other posters feel unwelcome by telling them that they aren't sufficiently knowledgeable to be worth talking to. We get that a fair bit in the British forum too, in one guise or another, and I don't like it any better over there.

And I really would appreciate it if you'd forward those examples of biased moderation to the admins, because it's something we'll want to take a look at.

Last edited:
It's time to close this thread. Thanks to everyone who posted. Join us here in part 10.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom