The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Heir Apparent

How do you know he's not?

If Albert isn't happy with this relationship don't you think he would have dumped her by now? Obviously that isn't the case.

Quote:
she gave up her job to follow a man around,
Ah, yes, but most princesses in waiting have done that before including moving half-way around the world for their love. It's nothing new.

Quote:
and walk behind him in events
Again, most princesses-in-waiting walk behind their man as well as current crown princesses. Again, not unusual.

Quote:
if that is not one of the problem then what is?
It's not a problem in their world (royalty.) Many of them have done it prior to marrying a Crown Prince, Prince, or King. Once again, it's nothing new and not unusual. Furthermore, no one seems to have a problem with other current crown princesses when they were in Charlene's shoes, so again, what's the problem? The root of the problem, mind you.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:52 PM
Aristocracy

Thumbs down

these princess(mary.max. grace etc)given up their job because they were getting married and all ready been accept by their family and the people, none of them were attend offical event walk behind them untill ring were on their finger i have not seen any other princess give up their jobs for about a year to follow their prince around hopeing for a ring,like i said before when i was in monaco two month ago the people think their relation is a joke, did they break up last summer, she is only there because he does not have anyone else now, if he see another person he will leave her'' like they said dont count her egg before they hachet'' untill they were announcement made she should have keep her job to show how indepented she is and how imporant her job mean to her. isn't what what the people look for in their futrue princess ? or do they want to see her as a doormat that rang around doing nothing to help her self but wait for her prince to do it all for her.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
these princess(mary.max. grace etc)given up their job because they were getting married
Mary didn't give up her job to marry Frederik when she first moved to Europe (first Paris then to Denmark). She said it herself prior to moving that she wasn't sure where the relationship was going, but she felt that she should take a chance and see what happens. Once she made the final move, to Denmark, she still wasn't engaged to Frederik and was still unsure.

Quote:
all ready been accept by their family and the people, none of them were attend offical event
That is incorrect in regarding Mary. So to say "all" is incorrect.

Quote:
like i said before when i was in monaco two month ago the people think their relation is a joke,
Whether they did or not does not reflect the entire population of Monaco -- all 32,671 living souls -- that is unless you asked every single living person, 32,671, in Monaco whilst there.

Until there is an official poll where every single person had to take it or else they will go to jail regarding their thoughts about Charlene, I must be leary of your claim.

Quote:
she is only there because he does not have anyone else now, if he see another person he will leave her
Speculation. Pure speculation, that is, of course, unless you knocked on his door and asked him personally when you where there.

Quote:
untill they were announcement made she should have keep her job to show how indepented she is and how imporant her job mean to her
Perhaps for you, but maybe not for them. It is Albert and Charlene who are in this relationship, no one else. Moreover, it seems that they are perfectly happy. If the citizens of Monaco were so outraged by this union, why haven't they protested? Voiced their opinion for the world to hear or formed a group and go to the foreign press about relationship? So far, I haven't heard a thing.

Quote:
isn't what what the people look for in their futrue princess ?

Depends on who you ask and what country it is. Most people really don't care, because in the end it really doesn't affect their everyday lives, if one seriously thinks about it.

Monaco is a wealthy and secure country. Everything seems fine and dandy, so why would they care if their Prince is dating a woman who may or may not have a job, but makes their Prince extremely happy and proclaimed her as his Official Companion.

Again, as long as the two who are in the relationship are over the moon, that's all that really matters. Unless, Monaco had internal problems whereupon the citizens were unhappy, etc, etc, then he should worry, but that isn't the case. Monaco isn't Nepal or Myanmar nor will it be anytime soon.

Quote:
or do they want to see her as a doormat that rang around doing nothing to help her self but wait for her prince to do it all for her.
That's your perspective. Furthermore, I highly doubt the 32,671 people living in Monaco feel that way. If they do, could you provide a credible source/proof?

Old 01-15-2008, 08:08 AM
Aristocracy

I have to laugh at all of the criticism leveled at Carla Bruni when in my opinion she's acted just like... a man! Shall we blame at least in part some of the men she's had these "relationships" or "flings" with? Could Mick, Raphael,etc.. have just made the decision that they weren't buying it? They were the married ones, not Carla.

As for Charlene, I'm not sure why she is such a villain. Prince Albert is what, almost 50 years old? Let's blame him for picking someone so much younger and "unsuitable" if she is. I have a feeling that he thinks she is quite suitable. She's young, attractive, he must enjoy her company - evidently that is what is on his list.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Mary didn't give up her job to marry Frederik when she first moved to Europe (first Paris then to Denmark). She said it herself prior to moving that she wasn't sure where the relationship was going, but she felt that she should take a chance and see what happens. Once she made the final move, to Denmark, she still wasn't engaged to Frederik and was still unsure.

That is incorrect in regarding Mary. So to say "all" is incorrect.

Whether they did or not does not reflect the entire population of Monaco -- all 32,671 living souls -- that is unless you asked every single living person, 32,671, in Monaco whilst there.

Until there is an official poll where every single person had to take it or else they will go to jail regarding their thoughts about Charlene, I must be leary of your claim.

Speculation. Pure speculation, that is, of course, unless you knocked on his door and asked him personally when you where there.

Perhaps for you, but maybe not for them. It is Albert and Charlene who are in this relationship, no one else. Moreover, it seems that they are perfectly happy. If the citizens of Monaco were so outraged by this union, why haven't they protested? Voiced their opinion for the world to hear or formed a group and go to the foreign press about relationship? So far, I haven't heard a thing.

Depends on who you ask and what country it is. Most people really don't care, because in the end it really doesn't affect their everyday lives, if one seriously thinks about it.

Monaco is a wealthy and secure country. Everything seems fine and dandy, so why would they care if their Prince is dating a woman who may or may not have a job, but makes their Prince extremely happy and proclaimed her as his Official Companion.

Again, as long as the two who are in the relationship are over the moon, that's all that really matters. Unless, Monaco had internal problems whereupon the citizens were unhappy, etc, etc, then he should worry, but that isn't the case. Monaco isn't Nepal or Myanmar nor will it be anytime soon.

That's your perspective. Furthermore, I highly doubt the 32,671 people living in Monaco feel that way. If they do, could you provide a credible source/proof?

mary might have move to europe, but grace did not stop working in flim untill she got marry, she didnot stop acting and follow ranier around for about threeyears and hopeing for a ring, if she have done that people will not adore her so much and consider her role model like the way they do now, did they have a poll a while ago on how the people of monaco feel about charlene has their princess, if you miss it go back and look for it, before you write back p.s i did not ask every one that leave in monaco opinion since i was there on vacation i just ask some that i know how they feel, and i will applicate it if you respect their opinion, is their words not yours.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
Sorry we can't post anything that isn't documented by a news source online.
Gosh, really? Haven't you been reading the forum lately or do I get to read radically different posts than you do?

Besides, I challenged readers and posters on this board to substantiate their claims of Charlene's suitability and I still haven't read a single reaction. But I've read multiple ones, documented by news sources online , that substantiated the opposite...

JMO - please don't kill me!
Old 01-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Courtier

Mary worked in France (Tutoring if I'm not mistaken) and in Denmark. Also Mary moved to Europe at the invitation of the Prince which meant that when he asked her to move he knew that she was the one he wanted to marry. She didn't have to follow him around for a ring and that's why the Danes and others love Mary so much.

At the end of the day, for the moment Albert has chosen Charlene for whatever reasons he sees fit and there is not a dang thing that anyone of us can do about it but live with it, get used to it.

Stellad
Old 01-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
Gosh, really? Haven't you been reading the forum lately or do I get to read radically different posts than you do?

Besides, I challenged readers and posters on this board to substantiate their claims of Charlene's suitability and I still haven't read a single reaction. But I've read multiple ones, documented by news sources online , that substantiated the opposite...

No one's going to kill you. But it is impossible for someone,other than PA, to decide for him, her suitability.

But we just yak, yak. I'm for the honor of womanhood-so its her business. I h ope she is sure of herself.

And I get deleted if I say further.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I did post something some time ago and a moderator deleted it and I was told that came from another Forum and hearsay I couldn't post it, etc., when in fact that wasn't true. I hadn't read much in over a year on Charlene and this relationship until around November 2007 finding the topic not to my liking in the dislike for her. I did begin to catch up and I'm trying to be nice by not saying more in regard to the relationship.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

With all due respect you must be reading different articles than some of us because she has put her foot in her mouth on more than one occasion to be polite. For example she has no interest in education but the recent Paris Match article she tries to sound like she is well read and interested in intellectual persuits. The excuse for moving to Monaco to pursue her swimming in a warmer climate and then her rather rude comments to the French Prime Minister (I don't care if anyone respects the man but you have to respect his position). I could go on but I would be accused of ranting. These are just a couple small examples. For me it has nothing to do with her clothes or whether she is pretty it has to do with her character. Her statements of untruthfulness did for me. You can always make over a person's hair, clothes etc but you can't make over their personalities - her's has come through loud and clear in her own words in interviews. JMO
Old 01-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by olga101 View Post
No one's going to kill you. But it is impossible for someone,other than PA, to decide for him, her suitability.

But we just yak, yak. I'm for the honor of womanhood-so its her business. I h ope she is sure of herself.

And I get deleted if I say further.
Hi Olga!

There is a saying that goes - a man is judged more for the woman he marries than he is for his accomplishments. Sorry I can't remember the source which is a shame but I'm sure I'll remember it at some point.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post

I disagree, GT. You're also speculating that Charlene makes him "extremely happy." There are other reasons men stay in relationships besides being in love ie the "benefits" shall we say...And I don't know any woman who would be proud to be called a man's official companion. I would be humiliated. He didn't call her a girlfriend, friend, fiancee, words that relay some sort of affectionate meaning. To be called "official companion" is sort of the 21st century way of saying she's a courtesan, a woman who's there to give pleasure to the Prince.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 01-16-2008, 12:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by amad1108 View Post
mary might have move to europe, but grace did not stop working in flim untill she got marry, she didnot stop acting and follow ranier around for about threeyears and hopeing for a ring, if she have done that people will not adore her so much and consider her role model like the way they do now, did they have a poll a while ago on how the people of monaco feel about charlene has their princess, if you miss it go back and look for it...

So you're telling me that every single -- 32,671 citizens of Monaco -- were forced to take a mandatory poll asking whether or not they approved of Charlene?

Are you sure it wasn't the HELLO! magazine poll whereupon people, many who perhaps do not live in Monaco, can vote over and over again essentially highjacking the poll? The latter sounds more likely.

Quote:
p.s i did not ask every one that leave in monaco opinion since
Of course you didn't. You missed my point.

Quote:
and i will applicate it if you respect their opinion, is their words not yours.
How can I honor their opinions -- who, by the way, are not on TRF -- if I have never interacted with them before? How do any of us know if your claims are made by one person, twenty, or none at all? The answer is, we don't.

With all due respect, but I'm not going to trust on blind faith here when it comes to your claims that everyone in Monaco finds Charlene completely unsuitable and essentially dislike her.

Quote:
You're also speculating that Charlene makes him "extremely happy." There are other reasons men stay in relationships besides being in love ie the "benefits" shall we say
Ah, but you too are speculating that men (rather implying Albert) on a whole or in his similar position, are only staying with a woman, similar to or Charlene herself, for "benefits."

How do you know? A majority would say that you don't know. The same way that perhaps I was wrong when I over-exaggerated by using the word "extremely." Second, if a man only wanted a woman for "benefits" they would never take them out to events over and over again.

Quote:
And I don't know any woman who would be proud to be called a man's official companion. I would be humiliated.
Key phrase: I don't know any woman.

This is speculation and a definition that doesn't apply to every single woman on the planet, BB.

For billions of women out there, the answer would most likely be opposite of your views. Not every single woman on the face of the Earth feels the same way you do. In fact, I personally know several people who have been in long term relationships -- gay and straight -- that are proud to refer to their significant other as "companion" and/or as "long term companion." It all depends on the people involved in the relationship and what terms they are comfortable with.

If Charlene wasn't happy with that term or her situation, I'm sure she would have said something or done something more drastic like leaving Monaco for good. So far she hasn't and she is still there.

Quote:
when he asked her to move he knew that she was the one he wanted to marry
That's incorrect. Frederik never said nor implied that Mary was the one he wanted to marry the moment she moved to Denmark.

So, to wrap it up, Albert and Charlene seem happy together.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:45 AM
Nobility

Why don't you guys just close these threads on Charlene? She is not part of the Monaco family? And if no one likes or respects the opinions of others? Moderators fighting with posters? -Just close the Charlene threads down - that should end the problem? It's like Fox News over here! (IMO)
Old 01-16-2008, 03:52 AM
Aristocracy

I agree completely with you, BurberryBrit, I will add that never Albert did not say in an interview that Charlene was his official companion, he refers to her as being "mlle Wittstock" in the tchat "the activities of Miss WITTSTOCK moved away it from the Principality at this period."

I appear the relation Carla Bruni And Sarkozy with the relation Charlene and Albert: 2 months and already a ring of engagement / 3 years and nothing not ring!!! if Carla and Nicolas play us the comedy of the happy couple!! then they play better than Charlene and Albert!! Moreover that makes me laugh at reading in Paris Match: Charlene and her discrete charm!!!! Charlène discretion does not know

I will not quote the many points which prove it
Old 01-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
Why don't you guys just close these threads on Charlene? She is not part of the Monaco family? And if no one likes or respects the opinions of others? Moderators fighting with posters? -Just close the Charlene threads down - that should end the problem? It's like Fox News over here! (IMO)
First, it will take more than few members' dissatisfaction at the turn of events or a boisterous discussion to permanently close a thread.

Second, Charlene may not be a member of the Monaco family, however, as Albert's girlfriend, she deserves a thread on this forum, just as other princes and princesses have threads for their girlfriends and boyfriends respectively in other forums.

Third, I can respect "your" opinion without necessarily agreeing with it nor wanting to hear it over and over again.

Fourth, since this thread is dedicated to Charlene's current events, there should be no reason to rehash Charlene's past history here.

Fifth, for future reference, as per our Community Rules, if you have any suggestions or encounter any problems in this thread, you should send a PM to a member of the moderating team rather than discuss them on the boards.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lea View Post
As for Charlene, I'm not sure why she is such a villain. Prince Albert is what, almost 50 years old? Let's blame him for picking someone so much younger and "unsuitable" if she is. I have a feeling that he thinks she is quite suitable. She's young, attractive, he must enjoy her company - evidently that is what is on his list.
Yeah, for the Grimaldis, that's really the whole point. Just to marry someone they enjoy being with, who is attractive and appropriate, and extra points if love is involved, is really ever the main point for the Grimaldis. They are not usually a family that cares much about breeding or something. I think Charlene Wittstock is every inch as good enough to marry into this clan as Daniel Ducruet, Stefano Casiraghi, Philippe Junot, Grace Kelly. Grace was a brilliant and beautiful and classy woman, but there is no reason to think Charlene is not as intelligent or capable to be Princess of Monaco. I'm not even a particular admirer of Charlene. In fact, I am totally neutral about her. If she is the consort for Albert, power to them. I think she will do well.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Yeah, for the Grimaldis, that's really the whole point. Just to marry someone they enjoy being with, who is attractive and appropriate, and extra points if love is involved, is really ever the main point for the Grimaldis. They are not usually a family that cares much about breeding or something. I think Charlene Wittstock is every inch as good enough to marry into this clan as Daniel Ducruet, Stefano Casiraghi, Philippe Junot, Grace Kelly. Grace was a brilliant and beautiful and classy woman, but there is no reason to think Charlene is not as intelligent or capable to be Princess of Monaco. I'm not even a particular admirer of Charlene. In fact, I am totally neutral about her. If she is the consort for Albert, power to them. I think she will do well.

CT, you took the words right out of my mouth. I am not a big admirer of Charlene either, but the members of the Princely family have not chosen what I would describe as stellar spouses for some time now. Grace Kelly, God rest her soul, was a magnificent woman but she was an actress at a time when a Prince marrying an actress was just a step up from...well, let's just say it wasn't considered a great thing no matter how beautiful the woman or how great her manners. I am willing to take a wait and see on the CW situation...I have said it many times, Albert could do a whole lot worse.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit View Post
I disagree, GT. You're also speculating that Charlene makes him "extremely happy." There are other reasons men stay in relationships besides being in love ie the "benefits" shall we say...And I don't know any woman who would be proud to be called a man's official companion. I would be humiliated. He didn't call her a girlfriend, friend, fiancee, words that relay some sort of affectionate meaning. To be called "official companion" is sort of the 21st century way of saying she's a courtesan, a woman who's there to give pleasure to the Prince.
Honestly, I can't disagree or agree fully one way or the other, because I am not sure who made up the phrase for Charlene to be "official companion", the media or the Princely court? I lean towards the media coining the phrase. We all remember how many consorts, both male and female, have been prostituted by the media. How many times did the media call The Duke of Edinburgh a "kept man"? Closer to home for CW/PA, poor Stefano Casiraghi was called "Carolino". But maybe Albert does something to encourage, or not enough to discourage, the use of the phrase, I have no idea. On principal, I agree with BB that it would be terrible to be called "official companion". But if it's only the tabloids that use the phrase, and not credible press, and certainly not Palace communiques, I should hope this is not how Albert sees Charlene, anymore than it's likely Caroline ever called her husband Carolino.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Aristocracy

I, personally am ok (not that I count, but imo)with whomever he chooses. I do take an interest in his happiness, So if he's happy, marvey. But, (if I don't get bleaked) I just wish he could say something that indicates, he a gentleman is involved or speak a word of loveliness or delight in his woman--just something other than,of course, the parading.

It would make him seem like, or be accounted as, rather than just looking like a man smitten. But I can dream can't I, can't I? (That's a song)

Closed Thread