Charlene Wittstock Current Events Part 10: January 2008 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy

Majesty
Country
United States
Welcome to part 10 of Charlene Wittstock’s current events where you can post current news links, article links and photo links for discussion.

The old thread can be found here.

TRF Rules & FAQs
*review before posting*
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be removed without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting! :flowers:

Monaco Moderators
Mandy, tbhrc, Lady Jennifer, Zonk

Pics 18.1.2008

As Albert's and Charlene's thread is closed at the moment,
I post the newest pics of them here:

Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock in Kitzbuhl,
Austria -18/01/08:
I think the reason for their stay there is the men's Alpine Skiing
World Cup downhill race, Albert attended today on 19 Jan:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Thanks for the pix, I love seeing them together and I really hope for an announcement soon !

She look a little better than she look at the circus.

Pics 19.1.2008

You are welcome, rominet09, and miraglia1983, the other
pics are not much different to the ones I've posted, but
here are some new ones:

Prince Albert II of Monaco and his girlfriend Charlene Wittstock
are seen at the Nice airport, France during their departure to
winter vacation in Austria by private jet, on January 19, 2008.

What a priviledged life Charlene is enjoying! Good for her. She found herself not only a billionaire, but a sovereign prince who is obviously in love with her. Can't go wrong, living in one of the most beautiful countries in the world, not having to worry about living in a violent South Africa as unfortunately it is today. Not having to worry about her future anymore. She is all smiles now and why not. I think the circus event might have been a little intimidating for her because her face seems more relaxed now that she is alone with her prince. They travel together anywhere they want by private jet. Who would say no to such priviledge? Charlene is a very lucky woman.

Miraglia1983, as to your question, I've taken a second look at the
page and noticed that there are more pics of another event that
day, maybe you meant these pics. Albert and Charlene went to
the Kitz Race Party in Kitzbuhl on 18/01/08, as Charlene wore
something else than on the other pics from Friday, it's another
"event" :). Here are some of these:

Thank you, Iceflower. I can't enlarge anymore on Isifa. Can you post the other photos also, the most recent ones. I want to see what she is wearing and it seems like they are having a good time. Were you able to register with Isifa to enlarge? I will try it. Thanks.

All posts referring to South African politics have been deleted. Let's keep this thread on topic.

Thanks,

Mandy
Monaco Moderator

What a priviledged life Charlene is enjoying! Good for her. She found herself not only a billionaire, but a sovereign prince who is obviously in love with her. Can't go wrong, living in one of the most beautiful countries in the world, not having to worry about living in a violent South Africa as unfortunately it is today. Not having to worry about her future anymore. She is all smiles now and why not. I think the circus event might have been a little intimidating for her because her face seems more relaxed now that she is alone with her prince. They travel together anywhere they want by private jet. Who would say no to such priviledge? Charlene is a very lucky woman.

I have to disagree with you on the intimidating statement as she has been going to events with him now for almost a year and a half. She didn't seem intimidated at Turin at all. What she seems to me is bored and unhappy at these events. She only seems to smile these days when she knows she is going to be photographed like the pictures from the recent Austria world cup or when she's posing. I don't think she's very happy at all at these events. As for jetting around yes it's fun no question on that but there's more to a relationship than jetting around. Sorry I am one of those who find something wanting in this whole thing. I just don't see the things I see in other couples. Something is missing here. JMO

I just read in the London Telegraph that Charlene has moved into the Palace, is learning French and that the staff is being instructed to learn English in anticipation of an upcomng wedding announcement? Does anyone have any feedback on this? Thanks!

R.

I guess if she is going to marry someone and possibly be bored, it might as well be in this lifestyle and for this public drama ! I have seen women marry men they are not really in love with, for less.

THEY BOTH LOOK VERY HAPPY IN PICTURES TOGETHER. Hard to fake.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read in the London Telegraph that Charlene has moved into the Palace, is learning French and that the staff is being instructed to learn English in anticipation of an upcomng wedding announcement? Does anyone have any feedback on this? Thanks!

R.
IMO (and only that) it is nothing more than speculation or copying "info" from tabloids. As there is no way for you or me or any average Jane or Joe to check this info, they can easily print this kind of stuff. The ones that can contradict the claims are either not talking and known for their not commenting on whatever the tabloids write, or they are hired and selected with special care to their ability not to blab. Whichever way you look at it, the readers lose... Besides, if I'm to believe everything I read, Charlene should be quite fluent in French by now because the learning French claim has been out there since early 2006. :bang:

Again: JMO and no personal attack or offense intended. :flowers:

And a wave to Rosalee, who, I just noticed, is quite a junior member here. Have you missed everything the tabloids have written about our loving couple in 2006?

Those two look great together. You know who is probably kicking herself right about now! :lol:

IMO (and only that) it is nothing more than speculation or copying "info" from tabloids. As there is no way for you or me or any average Jane or Joe to check this info, they can easily print this kind of stuff. The ones that can contradict the claims are either not talking and known for their not commenting on whatever the tabloids write, or they are hired and selected with special care to their ability not to blab. Whichever way you look at it, the readers lose... Besides, if I'm to believe everything I read, Charlene should be quite fluent in French by now because the learning French claim has been out there since early 2006. :bang:

Again: JMO and no personal attack or offense intended. :flowers:

And a wave to Rosalee, who, I just noticed, is quite a junior member here. Have you missed everything the tabloids have written about our loving couple in 2006?

I have to agree with you about the staff learning French. I find that very odd as they have always had English speaking staff since Princess Grace. On top of which the Palace receives visitors from all over the world. I would expect key staff to speak several languages. If Charlene is the one. They can always hire a bi-lingual lady in waiting to help her out with things. Charlene said in one of her blabs that her address was the palace last summer. I also find it odd that she is just now learning to speak French when she has been dating Albert for two years. Keep in mind that we were the ones who commented that it was odd that she wasn't learning French. so to the latest press statement I say Voila she's speaking French! That was done to silence the critics!

It's hard to imagine that Palace staff would now have to learn English. One would expect that, in this day and age, they have a bilingual staff.

Those two look great together. You know who is probably kicking herself right about now! :lol:

I imagine there are a lot of women, and especially many on these forums, judging from the protestations in all forms. He's a huge catch (whenever he marries) and having b een on the available scene for so many years--a lot of women, at home and abroad as the saying goes. Seriously.

R. I guess if she is going to marry someone and possibly be bored, it might as well be in this lifestyle and for this public drama ! I have seen women marry men they are not really in love with, for less.

THEY BOTH LOOK VERY HAPPY IN PICTURES TOGETHER. Hard to fake.
I am agree with you, "Hard to fake" but Charlene doesn't seem to show her happiness in Monaco, Albert arrive again to play the "lover story".
Sorry, to break environment in this forum, but look at the many photos of Charlene, those of the circus of Monte Carlo, she obviously seems to be bored there, she is invited (one could believe that she likes the spectacle) and well not, the smile arrives only when she knows that she is photographed, and except spectacle still. she is seen opened out elsewhere than in Monaco.
It is a foot of nose which she makes to the population Monegasque. Kind : "I hate to be here, but I like to be elsewhere" What a Princesse sympathetic nerve!! when with this rumours of her activities to Monaco, they are quoted only to justify her presence, just to show that she idle, is not cloister, with reading and to look on the Net the number of published photo. In Paris Match, they say that she is trotted with her friends, and no photos?
Andreas and his girl friend go to Ibiza, and one is flooded photos, Charlotte celebrates there her birthday and the paparazzis are there!!! and would Charlene escape from all that? Ben whereas she starts to write a book to give the receipt "How to escape from the paparazzis", I am sure that all the stars which want their peace would like to know. All that is written in the Press is not to take with the serious one; I am able to write an article of this kind. And I am not a journalist.
As for Albert, he found in Charlene a buddy with whom he goes to the matches of foot, with Rugby, limps about it of night, in all its extra-official activities, a buddy of drinking bout which moreover can finish in his bed and with which he has sexual intercourse. What to ask moreover? the marriage? if Charlene becomes Princesse, she will have to assume her new role, and in being worthy and more one to be a pal!! thus he will lose this good buddy!! unless finding another of this type of them!!

I think that Charlene looks like Heather Graham. She's very pretty. Maybe she's not yet comfortable this time because she's not yet a fiancee or princess officially. I find no wrong in the way she behaved in the photos actually, she behaved quite well, she smiled in the photos.

I have to agree. I have looked at the photos many times and can't find anything wrong in them. However, when Prince Albert was being applauded, that's when I saw less enthusiasm than his sister and his aunt had. But maybe it is a different situation. He is quite indifferent with her when in public at the Principality. So maybe she has been instructed not to be too open with her feelings at official appearances and that is what I see. But I see a big difference in how relaxed she is with him in the pictures in Austria. I also think she doesn't want to out shine Princess Stephanie when they are together, stepping back.

It had nothing to do with Stephanie. That's the way she always looks at these types of events unless she is the center of attention and then she's miss Smiley. If she didn't want to distract from Stephanie she could have looked toward her and smiled and applauded with enthusiasm so as to draw the attention toward Stephanie. JMO

I should add that I can't disagree with the fact that she was, after the rugby incident, told to watch her behavior at public events. That, however ,wouldn't mean she was told to stand there looking bored or frozen. She wasn't that way at the children's event when she wore that way too low cut dress, looking sexy and ignoring the kids. I can't imagine she was told that was a good idea and the way for a future princess to act. No I think what you see is what you get. JMO

Last edited:
I have to agree. I have looked at the photos many times and can't find anything wrong in them. However, when Prince Albert was being applauded, that's when I saw less enthusiasm than his sister and his aunt had. But maybe it is a different situation. He is quite indifferent with her when in public at the Principality. So maybe she has been instructed not to be too open with her feelings at official appearances and that is what I see. But I see a big difference in how relaxed she is with him in the pictures in Austria. I also think she doesn't want to out shine Princess Stephanie when they are together, stepping back.

wouahhh:eek:, I am really sorry, if she wait the ring :onering: or the announcement :news:or the mariage :coach: or the title :queen4: to smile with the circus or simply to applaud the Stéphanie Princess for this work with enthusiasm !!
I would remain about it almost without voice if I had not read that she had insulted a Prime Minister and French footballers !!

I imagine there are a lot of women, and especially many on these forums, judging from the protestations in all forms. He's a huge catch (whenever he marries) and having b een on the available scene for so many years--a lot of women, at home and abroad as the saying goes. Seriously.

Hi Olga, I can't disagree in part with your statement but there are at least a few of us who are married with kids, too old etc. and who look at a much bigger picture. Is he a good catch? If he were a women, he would be called some pretty nasty stuff, diplomatically one might say he was a man with a long past and a history.

It's true that titles and money are an aphrodisiac for many women but I also think there are women out there for whom the title and the money are not the main attraction. I truly believe if Albert would buckle down, stay home, and at least look like he's serious about his job, town meetings with citizens so forth, I think he may find that he will attract a woman of substance. I have to have faith that he won't make a huge mistake. I have to have faith in his ability and I have to have faith that Charlene is his Gisele and not his princess. He is one of a few princes who actually rule their country and it is a huge sacrifice he must be willing to make or history will not be kind to his memory. JMO

It had nothing to do with Stephanie. That's the way she always looks at these types of events unless she is the center of attention and then she's miss Smiley. If she didn't want to distract from Stephanie she could have looked toward her and smiled and applauded with enthusiasm so as to draw the attention toward Stephanie. JMO

I should add that I can't disagree with the fact that she was, after the rugby incident, told to watch her behavior at public events. That, however ,wouldn't mean she was told to stand there looking bored or frozen. She wasn't that way at the children's event when she wore that way too low cut dress, looking sexy and ignoring the kids. I can't imagine she was told that was a good idea and the way for a future princess to act. No I think what you see is what you get. JMO
Great post, Hibou !!!
we had the same thought!!:angel::flowers:
Charlene passes from the extremes to the other, no matter who among us would then have understood that the behavior should be softened, and not to be semi-present without enthusiasm, to make the head of the bad days!!

Last edited:

I don't understand? Why would she have less enthusiasm when Prince Albert is being applauded? What would be the different situation?

This poor woman can't do anything right! Everything she does is critizised; she is too open - she's too restricted, she smiles too much - she smiles too little, &c &c. I don't know her, I've never seen her in real life or on television, and I have never heard her talking about Prince Albert or anything else. Until I do, I will not pass any judgements about her.

And when it comes to Prince Albert... He's been dating super models and other famous and beautiful women for the past thirty years now. Can't we trust him to be fully capable of judging whether Charlene's intentions and feelings for him are true or not true himself?

This poor woman can't do anything right! Everything she does is critizised; she is too open - she's too restricted, she smiles too much - she smiles too little, &c &c. I don't know her, I've never seen her in real life or on television, and I have never heard her talking about Prince Albert or anything else. Until I do, I will not pass any judgements about her.

And when it comes to Prince Albert... He's been dating super models and other famous and beautiful women for the past thirty years now. Can't we trust him to be fully capable of judging whether Charlene's intentions and feelings for him are true or not true himself?

Dear Hanna Regina, Some of us have been following him a bit more closely and we have lots of information but rather than bore everyone with a repeat, please go to some of the old threads and read. I don't blame you for not wanting to pass judgement but just like there are posters who are far more knowledgeable on Charlene and have been following her closely there are other posters follow other royals like Victoria of Sweden whom I only know alittle about and her boyfriend Daniel. I agree in the sense that I could not pass judement on Daniel as I have not the knowledge to do so but with Charlene some of us have seen a lot. As far as trusting Albert's judgement, he has two kids out of wedlock. Not good judgement on his part. JMO

I think it is possible that she is his Gisele. I have seen photos of Rainier looking at Ms. Pascale the same way he looks at Charlene. But Gisele was thought to not be able to have children and so the union ended for constitutional reasons. I would think Charlene might be able to have children and has taken relatively good care of herself, minus anything being seriously and inherently wrong with her reproductive system. I know Pr. Rainier and Monaco were shocked when Gisele finally had children.

All I can say from what I see is that he seems to adore her, but at times, he moves his body away from her in photos where she is leaning in. This is a HUGE message in terms of body language .. and I have noticed this more and more recently.

Now with ALL the protocol and PR people in his life, Pr.A. would KNOW that that particular body language will make people find distaste for Charlene because they will be loyal to what they perceive as his feelings.

I hope he WILL find someone who is world calibre and brings light and joy to Monaco and to his personal realm. Someone who will be able to love and accept and be accepted by his children. If nothing, Pr. Grace was a hands-on amazing family woman. When he says "she must resemble his mother". We all might find that he actually meant more spiritually and personality-wise than in actual appearance.

We'll see. I'm new here and I am also not in their circle, so I can only speculate.

R.

When he says "she must resemble his mother". We all might find that he actually meant more spiritually and personality-wise than in actual appearance.

I hope so. I find that Charlene does not -- in my humble opinion, that is -- resemble Princess Grace in any way. Although she is pretty enough, I suppose, she does not have any of Princess Grace's charisma with the camera.
Charlene also entirely lacks the conquering presence that made Princess Grace an icon. These points would not signify in themselves, if only there was some consistent show of Prince Albert's being enamored of Charlene. I quite agree with Rosalee (that is, if I understand) that if people saw him appearing to deeply love her, general affection towards her would be naturally strong and not merely dependent on all her deficiencies.

just like there are posters who are far more knowledgeable on Charlene and have been following her closely

So, as a result, of watching her closely and are "far more knowledgeable" of her, certain members can easily deduce -- without even knowing her personally hence had personal one on one contact with her -- that she is completely wrong for Albert and the future of Monaco? Yeah, that makes a lot sense.

Obviously, none of Charlene's critics has ever met, spent time, live or lived in Monaco, polled the entire country of their thoughts, Charlene.

Just because some members read the tabloid magazines, watch news clips, view hundreds of still photos, visited Monaco on vacation, and asked three strangers on the street and/or asked your Aunt Patty's third cousin once removed who lived in Monaco for two months what they thought of her, doesn't give anyone who has never met her personally any legit insight or conclusion as to who Charlene is.

Until a member of this board (or more) has spent a considerable amount of time with her -- on deep personal level -- then 90% may believe these bizarre claims about Charlene.

No one will ever have a clear insight as to who Charlene really is or what she is like with Albert and so forth. One may have an insight if they hang around the couple every single day 24/7. Furthermore, I'm sure someone will announce that "Their best friend's Uncle's third cousin knows the couple and they say..." speech...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom