Charlene Wittstock Current Events Part 10: January 2008 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlene on the cover does not appear to be a happy camper but very serious indeed.

It's the same old trick magazines use for more than 20 years now
to illustrate a certain article, there may have been tons of happy
smiling pics of a person attending an event, but if a magazine
only choses the "bad" pics, the negative stories gain credibility.
I'm generally speaking but this is a good example for that technique..;)

Of course they make dozens of pix and they choose the one matching the mood the person is supposed to be in.... it signifies nothing

It's the same old trick magazines use for more than 20 years now
to illustrate a certain article, there may have been tons of happy
smiling pics of a person attending an event, but if a magazine
only choses the "bad" pics, the negative stories gain credibility.
I'm generally speaking but this is a good example for that technique..;)
Thanks for that iceflower- it is sooo true.

This time they chose a picture that was totally wrong, as it shows Charlene at the Circus ! I actually felt that she looked especially sophisticated and well turned out.

IMO Charlene is in training for the role of serene highness. There is no rush for marriage as Charlene is still young. I see no problem with this, the reporters can say what they like.:)

She is 31 years old and in training to be a serene highness she might be young but do you suppose it will be flaterring if she started having children at 40 years old. How old will PA be then?

While PA and CW are not married to each other, there is a story in it.

If they were to get married, the suspense is taken away, and they would be just another married couple - noble or not.

did the suspense ever seize when Diana and Charles married? If I remember correctly it did not. The world anticipated all the milestone that the couple went through.the birth of their children, their travels to other countries, the events they attended.

It is a good question.:whistling:We Don't know much about her everyday life in Monaco. We can imagine how it is going on thanksful to the articles and papaparazzis photos. If she participates charity events it happens on her own I don't think he represents Monaco. I don't understand why newspaper states that she helps for those people when she only attends charity events. It is said that she is taking French lesons in an elite school in Nice but I don't know what is the truth from this news. It is sure that she has a lot of free time. Abert needs a woman who doesn't have a job and is ready to join him when he goes out to charity, sport events or party. A normal working woman can' do that.

Giov, thanks for imformation. I think Roberta is a clever woman and gets in touch with famous people in to help her brother and make popularize Armani clothes among rich guests.
I think betwen her and Charlene isn't a true friendship. She can sell Armani clothes
and Charlene buys them. If someone pays the bills you can order clothes as you please.

I agree that PA needs a woman who doesn't have a job and is ready to join him when he goes out to charity, sport events or party. And a normal working woman can't do that. But it would help if the woman in question had had a profession or background that has given her an exposure of people from all walks of life so that she has varied interests and is balanced as a person to take on the role of representing Monaco as a princess. She should also have her own interests that show who she is a person without standing behind PA's title.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlene is looking smashing these days. I thought the dress and necklace were very pretty. I would have complemented it with earrings and a bracelet. I love the soft, silver strapless dress. Simple and classy. Good choice. She has become quite a celebrity.

Charlene is looking smashing these days. I thought the dress and necklace were very pretty. I would have complemented it with earrings and a bracelet. I love the soft, silver strapless dress. Simple and classy. Good choice. She has become quite a celebrity.
Yes she is a celebrity but not her own.All these stars who Charlene greeted became famous people on their own. They had to work very hard to reach their star status.
She is celebrity for the time she is PA's companion.Of course everything is a big buisness.She is ambassador of Armani beacause PA is her patron. This is the only reason that she wears Armani clothes.

Charlene came in 5th place as an Olympic swimmer. That's alot harder work than being a movie star.

Charlene came in 5th place as an Olympic swimmer. That's alot harder work than being a movie star.
She was the member of the 4x 100 m medley South African team at 2000 Summer Olimpycs. Three South African swimmers helped her to reach this position.Her last remarkable result was in 2002 when she finished 6th at FINA Short Course World Champions.
She is more famous for being PA's companion than being a succesful swimmer on their own. I didn't know her name before I saw her at Albert's side in 2006. (I also know the names some South African swimmers thanksful for her sport results: Penelope Heynes ,Natalie De Toit, Suzaan van Biljon)

In my opinion being a movie star means a long lasting, hard, succesful work. It is not enough to shoot one or two blockbuster films. It is also important who we consider movie stars. I really don't think that Paris Hilton is a movie star because she makes movies. I think of her as a celebrity.

What exactly does Charlene do? Besides being Alberts companion.

I like Charlene but it is obvious that she doesn't have the need to be useful.Since she was an excellent athlete and Olympian and she has sooo much spare time she could devote few hours per day/week to coach young children.That would make her very popular and productive.

What exactly does Charlene do? Besides being Alberts companion.
I guess you mean in the way of a job?
That is a mentality which is entirely American- to be a working class heroine and a perspiring one at that flipping hamburgers or working in the donut store at the very least.Why is that you do not ask what Caro does or what Steph does?Why did they not become doctors or lawyers or professors or something? According to Caro she was not a careerist and maybe CW is the same.

I like Charlene but it is obvious that she doesn't have the need to be useful.Since she was an excellent athlete and Olympian and she has sooo much spare time she could devote few hours per day/week to coach young children.That would make her very popular and productive.
Charlene is criticized enough now - never mind interfering with a volunteering like you mention. I totally agree with what you say but I think there would be a backlash.

Running around with Albert in the spotlight all the time, can be pretty tiring. The link to the pic isn't working:).
I think that CW has been slimming down although I have not seen signs of fatigue and her smile at the Grand Prix gala was beautiful.Accompanying Prince Albert in the spotlight you say must be tiring... but then you also say that is her only job so what is the implication respectfully if any?

Charlene Wittstock with Kate Beckinsale, Jennifer Lopez and Giorgio
Armani at amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS 2010 benefit gala at the
Hotel du Cap on May 20, 2010 in Antibes, France.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** zimbio : 2010 amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS Gala - Arrivals **

** zimbio : 2010 amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS Gala **
Impeccably attired...again has perfected it........

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlene is criticized enough now - never mind interfering with a volunteering like you mention. I totally agree with what you say but I think there would be a backlash.

Agreed. But Jaya, doesn't Princess Stephanie run a business in Monaco? :flowers:

I guess you mean in the way of a job?
That is a mentality which is entirely American- to be a working class heroine and a perspiring one at that.Why is that you do not ask what Caro does or what Steph does?Why did they not become doctors or lawyers or professors or something? According to Caro she was not a careerist and maybe CW is the same.

"The mentality of which is entirely American"???? Are you serious? What in the world are you talking about? When did I ever say she has to be a working class, sweat by the brow heroine? Caroline and Stephanie's job is to represent Monaco first and foremost. Whatever they do after that, whether it be a charity, doctor, lawyer, is entirely up to them. Charlene is not a royal. She had to have been doing something before she met Albert. That is what I was asking. Please do not bash what you "think" is American. Ask an American first, then we'll give you the answers;).

I think that CW has been slimming down although I have not seen signs of fatigue and her smile at the Grand Prix gala was beautiful.Accompanying Prince Albert in the spotlight you say must be tiring... but then you also say that is her only job so what is the implication respectfully if any?

I never said Charlene being with Albert is her only job. I've been asking about her job description. Somebody posted that she looks tired. I agree. I could see the fatigue on her face, even if you can't. Being in the spot light is tiring. Trust me, I know. Yes ones smile can be beautiful, but that doesn't mean they're not tired!;)

Well actually, they're kind of right. Charlene doesn't swim anymore, except for recreation and she attends parties with and without Albert, promotes Armani and the FIFA World Cup. I'd hardly consider that a job. ;) Albert may love her but that still doesn't discredit the fact that she doesn't do a lot now that she's Albert's girlfriend.

This is a current events thread and not a second thread to discuss
Charlene Wittstock, her role and relationship. To end this simultaneous
discussion some posts have been deleted!

Thanks for your understanding!

Has anyone noticed that Charlene is attending more and more events by herself?

Yes I did. Hibou, Why do you think it is important improvement?

I don't know that it is an improvement as much as it was an observation. As to why she is out and about more on her own, I have no idea, but it does strike me as odd since it seems that it happened all of a sudden as opposed to gradually. Something has changed that's for sure.

I'm not trying to criticise Charlene (although I suspect there will be some here who will jump) but I agree with Hibou. Something about her body language has changed as well. I have no idea what the significance of those two observations are but I think the observations are correct. :flowers:

I don't know that it is an improvement as much as it was an observation. As to why she is out and about more on her own, I have no idea, but it does strike me as odd since it seems that it happened all of a sudden as opposed to gradually. Something has changed that's for sure.

What is that 'something'? Can you explain?

As a new project Charlene now is ambassadress of the "Mandela Day
Black Moon Benefit Gala", you maybe remember last week's pic of her
and Albert at the event (see their current events thread). According
to German Bunte it was Charlene who gave a short opening speech.

She annouced that she would also attend the other two benefit events
organized together by Lancia and Mandela day, one on July 18th in
Madrid (a concert to celebrate Nelson Mandela’s birthday) and one
during the Venice Film Festival.
I think that could also be seen as a kind of change, as turns a bit more
to charity than fashion - as far as it concerns her solo events/involvement.
But well, we'll see..

What is that 'something'? Can you explain?

Nope, it's just an observation. But if you have any thoughts as to the new change in her going to events without Albert, I'd love to hear them because I can't explain it. I'm just giving my observations. May be some other posters may have some thoughts on this and can shed some light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom