The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks nice in the pics

Old 05-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Serene Highness

Interesting she's attending public events alone now. . .

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 05-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Royal Highness

Why is the girlfriend of the Prince of Monaco making solo appearances? This makes no sense, unless......

I do think she looks very attractive in the photos

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 05-19-2009, 03:44 AM
Aristocracy

Speculation is always so rife ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad View Post
All the more reason that I find it hard to believe that he (if it is him) is spending all this money to groom her and make her look like a million bucks just so that she can be his arm candy and he won't marry her. A waste of money and time. You would think he would do it for the woman he is going to marry.
Once I recall it was said that Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier wished they could just go away to a small chapel and get married away from all the glare and gossip! Maybe there is something to this couple that we all don't know.

Anyway ... C-W looked lovely in what was a very simple suit .. but very well-tailored blazer. What is she up to next??

E.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:22 AM
Administrator

Pics 21.5.2009

Charlene Wittstock arrives for the amfAR Cinema Against AIDS
2009 benefit at the Hotel du Cap during the 62nd Annual Cannes
Film Festival on May 21, 2009 in Antibes, France.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** gettyimages ** abaca gallery ** zimbio gallery **
Old 05-22-2009, 05:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Nice Matin has a photo of the Amfar event at the Eden Roc. Their reporter Ludovic Laurenti mentions a long list of attendees: Sharon Stone, Miss France, Annie Lennox, Claudia Schiffer, Bill Clinton, Laure Manaudou, Eva Herzigova.......but no mention of Charlene....

Menton.maville.com Sans être invité, j'ai eu ma part du dîner de l'AmfAR
Old 05-22-2009, 06:39 AM
Royal Highness

Steph could have gone with her ... I would've liked that.

(Why did I post that now ... Ahhh, who knows ?! )
Old 05-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Aristocracy

WOW! I think she has evolved into an elegant and sophisticated lady. Her face is so pretty, such pretty features. Her beauty is fresh and unusual, not common, it's natural, even classy, unlike many of the women I see around her and at these events. To me her beauty stands out from the rest. I like that she is not flashy and I'm sure she's having the time of her life, but keeps is quiet. I like that she has enough confidence in herself to attend the Cannes Festival, such a high profile event, without Prince Albert. And that she's supporting an Aids event is very good. Charlene seems to have polished her image successfully.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Aristocracy

i wonder if she is there to help or to promote herself as you can see a lot of celebrity attend the event so it not a big deal she is there alone as of now she got fame thanks to Albert such events like cannes festival of course she got the tickets to all the event but i wonder if charlene is only at the charity event to buddy up with the A-lister celebrities and have her face on the Blute magazine cover? or maybe? But if she wants to help there are a lot of work and ways to do so beside modeling on the red carpet. jmo
Old 05-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by amad1108 View Post
i wonder if she is there to help or to promote herself as you can see a lot of celebrity attend the event so it not a big deal she is there alone as of now she got fame thanks to Albert such events like cannes festival of course she got the tickets to all the event but i wonder if charlene is only at the charity event to buddy up with the A-lister celebrities and have her face on the Blute magazine cover? or maybe? But if she wants to help there are a lot of work and ways to do so beside modeling on the red carpet. jmo
I have noticed that when she is out on her own she is often referred to as a socialite. This can have positive or negative connotations. Since we know that she is there because of Albert not because she was an Olympic swimmer or because she has been seen doing hands on charity like you see other celebrities doing, I would have to assume she is is under the impression that she, by her own status, is bringing attention to the benefit. Thus doing charity work. There are many socialites that are under that impression, and then you have many individuals both wealthy and not who give enormous amounts of their time and when possible money to help a worthy cause. There are many examples; the late Natasha Richardson and Princess Stephanie to name just two. At this point it is very difficult to say that Charlene fits into the later catagory. JMO.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
I have noticed that when she is out on her own she is often referred to as a socialite. This can have positive or negative connotations. Since we know that she is there because of Albert not because she was an Olympic swimmer or because she has been seen doing hands on charity like you see other celebrities doing, I would have to assume she is is under the impression that she, by her own status, is bringing attention to the benefit. Thus doing charity work. There are many socialites that are under that impression, and then you have many individuals both wealthy and not who give enormous amounts of their time and when possible money to help a worthy cause. There are many examples; the late Natasha Richardson and Princess Stephanie to name just two. At this point it is very difficult to say that Charlene fits into the later catagory. JMO.
Hibou, I absolutely agree with you. She is there because of Albert and not own her right. It was long time when she was mentioned as swimmer.
I don't know, I don't see in advance how these events help Charlene's to develop her future career or"her desired" charity activities? I am sure that without Albert's influence she couldn't attend such a high profile charity gala in Cannes.
I have a question. I don't know answer.Does any celebrity care about her?
Do they recognize her?

P.S. Her dress is very elegant and simple. BUT....Why does she always wear black dresses? I understand that her favourite colour but she could return to colourful clothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amad1108 View Post
Amad1108, we don1t know everything. It is preaty sure that Charlene likes spotlight very much. I also think despiteof this she doesn't want to see her face every time on covers when she buys a newspapers. BUNTE worth writing articles about her. It has a big circulation in Germany and German reporters praise her to the sky. She was an ordinary South African girl, who was brought up in very simple surroundings and now she lives her time of her life. She enjoys luxury life style, paparazzis and red carpet , all things she never had before and she won't have when her time has gone in Monaco. We can do no more that sit down and read her succesful stories.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Charlene Wittstock arrives for the amfAR Cinema Against AIDS
2009 benefit at the Hotel du Cap during the 62nd Annual Cannes
Film Festival on May 21, 2009 in Antibes, France.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** gettyimages ** abaca gallery ** zimbio gallery **
The ball gown is too simple and she is beginning to dress in black all the time ,and I don´t like her hairstyle neither
Old 05-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Nobility

I don't usually comment on her looks or fashion sense unless I feel she is expressing something about her personality. But I will just say her dress is too small for her, it fits too high up on her around her ribcage and it is too short for her--basically it is just too small, she is too tall for it and if she had a bigger size it probably would have looked a little nicer on her even though it's really not that special on her to start with (IMO). I didn't mind her hair as much this time, since they lifted it back up off her neck unlike at the Rose Ball--I actually think it looked more polished than at the recent fashion show where I really did not care for her hair. I don't want to get too critical in this area about her, not everyone is gifted there and since she has a lot of resources available to her for quite awhile now, I'm inclined to think this is just not her thing, as much as she may desire it to be or not?
Old 05-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Aristocracy

Gallery ImageShack© - Gallery
Old 05-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Nobility

It great to see CW doing something by herself. I hope she doing it because she care not for photo op.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:20 AM
Serene Highness

That hairdo is just misunderstanding.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 05-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

can any italian confirm if she has dating Massimiliano Rosolino in 2006 like the link above illustrates?

Charlene Wittstock - Dating, Gossip, News, Charlene Wittstock Photos

if you enter in his name you can see that he has dated her in 2006 and now he's with natalia titova.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody7058 View Post
It great to see CW doing something by herself. I hope she doing it because she care not for photo op.

Just curious? If not that? In what way do you suppose she is doing something for herself by attending this event? And Isn't she suppose to be doing something for others here? I'm also curious on who's dime and reputation she is doing it with? I'd say it's more like...when isn't she doing something for herself or perhaps more correctly...when is it that someone else isn't doing for her? Very charming indeed. Curious, did she show up alone by herself to this?
Old 05-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Serene Highness

There's an interview with Charlene in this week's Point de Vue
Point de Vue *.:.* Sommaire
Old 05-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

An interview? I thought she had to be more discret. I mean, Prince Albert must have agreed with this, right? Can someone write what does she said in this interview?

Closed Thread