The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 01:22 AM
Aristocracy

It's a great article. She sounds nice and sincere. What a pity that the picture in the swimming suit had to spoil it. She looks really good in swimwear, of course, but it's simply not appropriate so shortly before the wedding. She's going to be a very beautiful bride –– I can't wait for the big day! I hope we get some good coverage from the international networks here in Thailand...

Old 06-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
Lol I caught another mistake, it says "beau mooned" instead of beau monde. Actually I think it right on, they should be mooned.

By the way, Moonmaiden23, I love your words about the train, its gotten me all excited once again, can't wait to see what this historical fantastical wedding gown is going to look like!!!!!! Ahhhhhh, the suspence is killing me!
What?! BEAU MOONED??!! I did not see that, I swear...I will have to read it again because I need to laugh!!

Old 06-19-2011, 03:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Beau monde (French) is the same as Bel Mondo (or Belmondo, the actor) in Italian.

There's also "mondain" (mondaine F.)
Old 06-24-2011, 03:18 AM
Administrator

The recent New York Times article had already been posted yesterday by several members at the Prince Albert
& Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings-thread, so duplicate posts have been deleted, others have
been moved.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Charlene Wittstock (with Maria Shriver and Chinese actress Zhang Ziyi) attended the opening
ceremony for Special Olympics World Summer Games Athens 2011, June 25, 2011. The games
will end on July 4th.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 06-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Courtier

Lol, this is so odd, right on the heels of the funny mention of Letizia's? pant suits over in the Fashion Forum, specifically in the Charlene Wittstock thread.

Now Charlene wears the pants, but not the suit. Seriously though she looks good in them because she has the body, stature, physique and confidence to carry it out, as shown here.

Good choice of clothing.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Charlene Wittstock (with Maria Shriver and Chinese actress Zhang Ziyi) attended the opening
ceremony for World Summer Games Athens 2011, June 25, 2011. The games
will end on July 4th.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
She looks much more happy and relax here, Good!
this is the type of event that seems to fit her personality, a great addition to the Special Olympics team
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, she seems happy in her "milieu" amongst sportsmen and -women, but not having to compete, having a defined rôle, and yet being able to share that Olympic interest.

Lucky girl !
Old 06-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Serene Highness

I saw her on tv some minutes ago but i thought she was just a woman that looked like her, because i had no idea she would attend the Special Olympics. She is really chic and beautiful! I like her smile.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:19 AM
Administrator

Several posts that had nothing to do with the topic of this thread, have been
moved to the "Charlene Wittstock's Education & Swimming Career"-thread!
Old 06-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
She looks much more happy and relax here, Good!
this is the type of event that seems to fit her personality, a great addition to the Special Olympics team
totally agree with you.

see, that's what i'm talking about. she looked natural, relax and very comfortable... i like the top, she really knows was good for her body, and the one'shoulder cut is really good for her.

i don't like her, but that doesn't mean that i can't appreciate her fashion good taste. here we had the real charlene. her real personality came out. (..). she deserves a 10.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:29 AM
Heir Apparent

I can't seem to take to her either, MissMaryanne, but she tries.
Of course it's easy to dress well, when one is married to a billionaire... :-)
Old 06-27-2011, 07:10 AM
Heir Apparent

I saw her in TV broadcasting of the opening ceremony! First she was sat with the officials, and when the athlete's parade started she entered together with the Monaco team. She was very nice very classy.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:59 AM
Courtier

Thanks, fandesacs2003, for the delicious tidbit. Hopefully someone will post a youtube link (hint, hint).

I know that America's most decorated figure skater, Michelle Kwan, is there, as well as Charlene; both Special Olympic Ambassadors.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm very proud of Charlene for taking the weekend before her wedding to attend the opening. What a gal!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:02 AM
Heir Apparent

These dates would have been in her diary for many months.

We've had a whole year since the engagement.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Please note that posts regarding the status of Albert and Charlene's up and coming wedding, as it relates the L'Express artcle have been deleted, as the Palace has denied the article.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted as well.

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

Old 06-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Serene Highness

I do agree with KintiAntlanta! I like seeing her doing the things she loves and did in her past. The Olympics is something that she knows very very well and i think she is the perfect person to be an embassador for this ocassion. At least she doesn't pretend to be someone she is not..like some other royal people In my eyes i see an honest and spontaneous (using the good meaning of this word) woman, who's missing from Monaco. There're few such women in the whole royal circle.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

The Olympics in general, and the Special Olympics in particular, are the perfect job for Charlene: she won't have to worry about French (or any other language).

She can be in her "milieu" and can shine there.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Another picture of Charlene with Maria Shriver. Unfortunately I can't go into the site you should be registered. Just scroll down the page.

NDP Photo Agency

Closed Thread