The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Nobility

The religion is always transmitted to the children by their mother. So if Albert Children (and one of them will be the next crown Prince) have to be catholic, was'nt she obliged in a certain way to convert herself? When you marry in this context you are obliged to do some concessions anyway. By the way (nothing to do with that), but I heard Charlene's voice and I love it. She has a masculine voice not very traditional but I really enjoyed it.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Majesty

Rosapru I do enjoy her voice very much as well. It is husky but soft, with a nice South African accent. She never seems hesitant, and I have never heard her say "ummmm" which drives me batty when I hear people do it a lot.

And yes, religion is traditionally transmitted to children through the mother. I think CW has been quietly being instructed in the Catholic faith for months...at least since last summer...and was received into the Church in a very low key manner which is how it should be done anyway.

If she was already baptized, all she had to do was make a Profession of Faith and receive the Eucharist.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23
Rosapru I do enjoy her voice very much as well. It is husky but soft, with a nice South African accent. She never seems hesitant, and I have never heard her say "ummmm" which drives me batty when I hear people do it a lot.

And yes, religion is traditionally transmitted to children through the mother. I think CW has been quietly being instructed in the Catholic faith for months...at least since last summer...and was received into the Church in a very low key manner which is how it should be done anyway.

If she was already baptized, all she had to do was make a Profession of Faith and receive the Eucharist.
Maybe it's typical but I believe as long as she agreed to raise heirs Catholic she didn't have to convert- to use the above example while the Duchess of Kent is Catholic and Lord Nicholas is, her other children are not
Old 04-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

She could wait to convert to be catholic at the birth of the children but she prefered to convert before the wedding, it is clear now, on these board, she was very critized because she was yet protestant a month ago, now she converts and it is good for the prince and the people of Monaco, she will offer her flowerbride to the sainte Devote after the wedding as it is the us , all the fests in Monaco begin with a mass and the prince takes the communion, during the wedding that will be a roman catholic mass, the prince will take the communion and for her, it would not be easy if she would stay protestant. Duchess of Kent is not a princess sovereighn she is only the cousin of the queen.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Royal Highness

Charlene of her own accord and knowledge converted although she was not pressured into it. Religion is matriarchal BUT there is dispensation from the Vatican should Charlene not have wanted to convert. Should she not have wanted to The Vatican would have issued a dispensation for the children to be raised Catholic anyway. It is to her credit that she did this of her own accord and autonomy without pressure, showing a side of her in the interview where she states that she is Christian that possibly intimating that she is accountable to God alone for her conversion and spirituality.Quite ethical .. and exceptional behaviour.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Charlene of her own accord and knowledge converted although she was not pressured into it. Religion is matriarchal BUT there is dispensation from the Vatican should Charlene not have wanted to convert. Should she not have wanted to The Vatican would have issued a dispensation for the children to be raised Catholic anyway. It is to her credit that she did this of her own accord and autonomy without pressure, showing a side of her in the interview where she states that she is Christian that possibly intimating that she is accountable to God alone for her conversion and spirituality.Quite ethical .. and exceptional behaviour.
Why would have the Vatican needed to give dispensation?
My husband is catholic, I am not, but we had no trouble from the church when we announced that we wanted to baptise our daughter.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Majesty

You do not need a dispensation to baptize your children in the Church.

All that is required is that at least one party be Catholic.

Even if Charlene had not converted, her children would have been baptized and raised as Catholics because she probably would have been required to agree to this as one of the pre-conditions to the marriage rite.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
Why would have the Vatican needed to give dispensation?
My husband is catholic, I am not, but we had no trouble from the church when we announced that we wanted to baptise our daughter.
They probaly have a record of what you are doing which is noted at the Vatican somewhere- Dispensation as in a permission kept in the Vatican archives for historical purposes. or on computers nowadays etc.. I think you get my idea.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

It's not so much the Vatican who would like everyone in Monaco to follow Catholicism.

It happens to be the law of the Principality.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Benoni school asks Charlene Wittstock for help (March 14, 2011)

Farrarmere Primary School needs a new pool, and Max di Domenico, chairman of the governing body, wants Charlene to help the school. He has sent her a letter to ask for her help.

Benoni school asks Charlene Wittstock for help - General | looklocal Benoni
Old 05-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Gentry

This article is not a current event but an old one from March, two months back and should be inappropriate to this thread.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:19 AM
Administrator

Charlene Wittstock attended the presentation of jewels created by Angelina Jolie and
Robert Procop at the Safia Al Rashid gallery in Monaco on May 18, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **
Old 05-19-2011, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

She is really beautiful on these pix...Thanks so much
Old 05-19-2011, 09:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

She is nice, she seems very young there, she recall me the photos taken in 2000 or 2001 when she posed for an south africa illustrat
Old 05-19-2011, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I think she has lost a bit of weight, and on the photos she looked very different, but I can't say how exactly....
Old 05-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower

Charlene Wittstock attended the presentation of jewels created by Angelina Jolie and

I like the dress actually, wish we could see the whole thing......
Old 05-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Heir Apparent

She looks great! We know nothing of her character.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks fantastic.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Gorgeous pics! She reminds me of an exotic South African animal, like a leopard. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ard_01edit.jpg

Her look has changed so dramatically since W&K's wedding that I honestly didn't recognize her. She's like a chameleon, able to change hairstyles and clothes in a split second, and nary a person would know, not a hair out of place, amazing!

To go from cool, elegant to exotic, lithe, wild, dangerous, in a matter of days is simply remarkable...
Old 05-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Courtier