The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 06:24 AM
Courtier

Charlene Wittstock and Louisette Soussan Levy at the auction of Christmas tree in the lobby of the Hotel de Paris, Monaco, December 7, 2010.
Pics from Profimedia: ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

Old 12-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Yesterday's auction was organized for Action Innocence Monaco:

Here's an article from svenskdam about it including two more pics:

** Charlene auktionerade ut julgranar på lyxhotell ** translation **

** nicematin: Vente aux enchères : plus de 100 000 euros en sapins précieux **

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Old 12-08-2010, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Charlene looks quite confident at a solo event which is really nice to see her adjusting to her future role. I wish she wore more color than black head to toe.

Has she received any patronages yet or is it still a bit early?
Old 12-08-2010, 08:03 AM
Administrator

I am all for black but for a Christmas celebration she could have added a little color with some jewels or something.

Yes, she does seem comfortable doing solo engagements. And to me IMO, the solo engagements, the being a part of foreign travel before one is married is so different. Not to do the inevitable comparisons...but you certainly saw the engaged couple out and about when doing local (national events) but this is so strange. Call me silly...but everything seems to have been backwards with this couple.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

the fashion is black, this year everybody wears black.I prefer when Charlene Wittsock wears colors, for me it is not so strange that she takes part of events,Prince Albert said in an interview of Gala that Charlene wanted to be more involved besides him.Here she was so criticed" she is lazzy, she makes nothing, she does'nt speak french, she is an idiot", and now she proofs that she can make alone the job of a princess she is not yet before july, and in making this events like to be with princess Stephanie in Aidsfights and alone like yesterday evening, she will know more the life of associations in Monaco.We can see that she speaks and understand french.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Black all the time. What happens with her and Charlotte? there are so many other coulours to use!
She looks good, but the permanent black disturbes me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
the fashion is black, this year everybody wears black.I prefer when Charlene Wittsock wears colors, for me it is not so strange that she takes part of events,Prince Albert said in an interview of Gala that Charlene wanted to be more involved besides him.Here she was so criticed" she is lazzy, she makes nothing, she does'nt speak french, she is an idiot", and now she proofs that she can make alone the job of a princess she is not yet before july, and in making this events like to be with princess Stephanie in Aidsfights and alone like yesterday evening, she will know more the life of associations in Monaco.We can see that she speaks and understand french.
You can see she speaks and understands french? How can you do that?
Old 12-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

she is in monaco and the language is french. The association where she was yesterdays is monegasque and the persons who were there don't speak english. At gala, the night of the fest, she spoke a long moment to a small girl who gave her a branch of flowers, I saw that at tv of monaco, I saw that she spoke french on the reports made on her. Do you speak french?what I see on this board that all the persons who say she don't speak french, don't understand all the interviews or reports made in french
Old 12-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Charlene has figured out that expensive silver or gold jewellery look best on a black dress :-)

I would never have said that before, but she really looks fine in black.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Serene Highness

I wish I could understand French as well as Mademoiselle Charlene, who has lived in a French speaking country for 4 years. We have already heard how fluent she is. I has to take classes instead.
No matter what you say, even about the fashion, you will be put in your place Natalie. But we saw Princess Caroline radiant as usual in not black clothings this season, didn´t we?
Old 12-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Caroline wore black clothes during the fest national and I don't see what Caroline has to do in this board.I understand you are worry, Charlene is not like you discrive her, but what I see you don't speak french, try to learn the french language and we will see how you will speak 4 years after.I don't think you will speak french so fluently as Charlene Wittstock.You are one of those who dislike Charlene Wittstock and I understand you
Old 12-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
she is in monaco and the language is french. The association where she was yesterdays is monegasque and the persons who were there don't speak english. At gala, the night of the fest, she spoke a long moment to a small girl who gave her a branch of flowers, I saw that at tv of monaco, I saw that she spoke french on the reports made on her. Do you speak french?what I see on this board that all the persons who say she don't speak french, don't understand all the interviews or reports made in french
As a matter of fact, i do speak french. Unfortunately, not as well as Ms Wittstock, of course.
I can't understand that if she speaks french how she couldn't do it in the PPDA interview, even when she was speaking (or trying to speak) in french there were subtitles because it wasn't that good...
Old 12-11-2010, 01:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Yesterday's auction was organized for Action Innocence Monaco:

Here's an article from svenskdam about it including two more pics:

** Charlene auktionerade ut julgranar på lyxhotell ** translation **

** nicematin: Vente aux enchères : plus de 100 000 euros en sapins précieux **

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **
CW had very nice coat, but should have more make up or maybe just bright lipstick b/c she looked so pale.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 12-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Gentry

Is there more videos since the PPDA interview so we can see with our own eyes her improvements in French?!
Old 12-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Serene Highness

Some people just learn languages quicker and easier than others.

Queen Paola has been living for 51 years in Belgium and her dutch isn't that great. Same for her children, who have been living there their whole life.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Please note that all posts pertaining to Charlene's participation in giving out presents to the children of Monaco should be posted here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-27924-13.html .

Old 12-19-2010, 06:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Sofiero is right. So far, we can't judge by the (minimal) occasions when CW spoke French, whether she has improved at all.

But perhaps Melina Première can help us there? She may have seen some interviews and might be willing to let us have a link or two ??

That way, we can perhaps proceed a bit from the "Je suis christien" blooper ??
Old 12-29-2010, 01:25 AM
Aristocracy

Black can be very attractive, I think it's more the style, severe hair, etc. People in the public eye have to look at photographs of themselves with a critical eye and learn what is right for them the hard way.

I don't care personally if she speaks French, or not, but sooner or later it will become a problem after all it's been years. I can see CW really concentrating when people speak to her, so I'm assuming she at least understands some French, and replies in some French. If she's at least trying it's okay. Seems to me the majority of people I come across speak at least some English too so probably speak to her in English if they can.

I've heard Prince Albert speaks about 5? languages.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, he does - or did. His Curriculum Vitae on the Palace website lists his achievements.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Nobility

Charlene Wittstock will be in South Africa next week to swim the Midmar Mile (12 February) for charity and various other events. The Midmar Mile is the largest open swimming event in the world.

Princess just wants to braai and swim - South Africa - IOL | Breaking News | South Africa News | World News | Sport | Business | Entertainment | IOL.co.za (to braai is have a barbeque)

The article also appeared in The Saturday Star.

About the Midmar Mile Midmar Mile
Old 02-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

A letter of special olympics told about Charlene Wittstock who already raised 60 000euros for the special olympics just before the swimming at Midmar,

Closed Thread