The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 06:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

She will go perhaps to South Africa because there is a remembered office for her Grandfather and there will be a ceremony, go on the local of Benoni, there is a report on the grandfather Dudley Wittstock.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
I read on other royal board that some mag stated Charlene went on vacation to South Africa. Vacation from what I wonder? I don't think she is really working...
I wonder the same...she might got tired of the fly to japan so she needs to rest..

Old 11-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh, please, here come the sour grapes, again. They use the word vacation to indicate a trip. I am retired and when I go away we refer to it as a vacation, although, being retired from your prespective, I can't use the word vacation. It could have said she returned home to see her family, but then you would have citicized that, too.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love how people catches my irony here...
It could be as melina said, something about her grandfather.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Where have you read that Charlene was at South Africa? I talk about her grandfather because I saw this on a newspaper on line it is Benoni local.It is not said that Charlene will be there, this is just a remark
Old 11-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Wow...people getting into a potential tizzy about a vacation that has been or not been confirmed.

What is the source of this alleged "vacation." Not the board....the source (i.e. media outlet).

Sometimes I think in this instant age of information and gratification.....our opinions and dislikes (both positive and negative) are formed without people doing a bit of research. Or taking someone's word as face value.

Old 11-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Nobility

Well said Zonk
Old 11-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Oh, please, here come the sour grapes, again. They use the word vacation to indicate a trip. I am retired and when I go away we refer to it as a vacation, although, being retired from your prespective, I can't use the word vacation. It could have said she returned home to see her family, but then you would have citicized that, too.
Charlene has experienced jealousy before so this is not new.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Living in the British Isles, I don't use the word "vacation" at all, so that could make things even more complicated :-)).

Somehow the need for tightening one's belt has given rise to the term "staycation" which is even worse :-)))

I suppose that CW, apart from being schooled by the Palace, may want to spend time with ther family and friends in S.A. before she has to play Princess in earnest.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Nobody here has any idea of what her life is made of right now... after all she has a lot of things to learn ! So better not judge !
Old 11-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Aristocracy

Has anyone seen recent photos of her lately, its been a couple of weeks.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe she will appear in days to promote the wedding again. After all, they have to promote it more than ever now that William has got engaged and all the media attention will go to Britain.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with that - Prince William is much more well known than PA, and the same goes for the two fiancees.

Add to that the feeding frenzy of the British press, and most other events will be swifly relegated to the second row....
Old 11-16-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
I read on other royal board that some mag stated Charlene went on vacation to South Africa. Vacation from what I wonder? I don't think she is really working...
It's probably not a "vacation from" anything. She probably just went there to visit her family, or friends or something. Just because she's not working a punch-clock job it doesn't mean she can't go visit her homeland or whatever. The media can call it a "vacation" if they want, but that's not even necessarily what it is. A woman just wants to go somewhere. We don't know the reason. It's not fair, really, to use it to jab her about not having a job. For all we know she could be hitting the bridal shops with her homies.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps there are jealous people in Monaco. I'm sure most of them have daughters they would have liked PA to wed. Charlene a foreigner, so I imagine there is some negative feeling amongst the locals, as there was when his father married.

As for having a job, she would have given that up on her engagement, as do all royal finacees.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Heir Apparent

...and, one doesn't have to be beautiful to attract a prince's attention.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Kitty:

I hadn't thought about the fathers and mothers of Monaco who, as you say, would have loved to have PA as a son-in-law.

I suppose that for him to marry a woman from Africa would not have helped either, and, to come back to the languages issue, the Monegasques could well be forgiven to prefer a consort who can speak French and Monegasque.

I still can't understand why nothering ever came of Pa and Tasha de Vasconcelos.....
Old 11-17-2010, 08:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Charlene did not speak about natives people but she speaks about jet set people. Princess Grace Did not speak french when she came to Monaco, People of Monaco did not critize the Grace's language but that she was an actriss and at that time Actris was not seen very well. People said "how long this weedding will last? She will give us an heir and she will can go away". I remembered of this history because I lived at Eze and there were many monegasque people who went in our small village and they spoke. Now they said we are agree for Charlene, she will give us an heir and we wil lsee ,Grimaldi Family is so strange, they all divorced,Princess Antoinette (2 men) cousins De Massy ,Princess Charlotte P Rainier's mother, Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie)Only Princess Grace and Prince Rainier stayed married. For the jalousis Charlene spoke about event people.There is not the language, in Monaco there are so many languages. But money.Prince Albert wants that his land earns honest money, not bad money.and rich people want that Caroline or her son becomes the sovereign because they thingh that they will make an other politic. What was saying in Monaco and in the south of France.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
You are right. Poise and grace are more important prerequisites than beauty ... beauty can be assured in any case, unless the lucky lady is downright ugly. Most average, pretty-ish women could be turned into a photogenic beauty with the right treatments ...
Old 12-03-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Boy, isn't that the truth!!!!

(This isn't a comment on CW. I think CW is attractive. I only mean, it's evidenced in many other royal couples!!!)

Closed Thread