The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 01-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,024
It had nothing to do with Stephanie. That's the way she always looks at these types of events unless she is the center of attention and then she's miss Smiley. If she didn't want to distract from Stephanie she could have looked toward her and smiled and applauded with enthusiasm so as to draw the attention toward Stephanie. JMO

I should add that I can't disagree with the fact that she was, after the rugby incident, told to watch her behavior at public events. That, however ,wouldn't mean she was told to stand there looking bored or frozen. She wasn't that way at the children's event when she wore that way too low cut dress, looking sexy and ignoring the kids. I can't imagine she was told that was a good idea and the way for a future princess to act. No I think what you see is what you get. JMO
__________________

__________________
  #22  
Old 01-22-2008, 09:41 AM
lckc571's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Metz, France
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by miraglia1983 View Post
I have to agree. I have looked at the photos many times and can't find anything wrong in them. However, when Prince Albert was being applauded, that's when I saw less enthusiasm than his sister and his aunt had. But maybe it is a different situation. He is quite indifferent with her when in public at the Principality. So maybe she has been instructed not to be too open with her feelings at official appearances and that is what I see. But I see a big difference in how relaxed she is with him in the pictures in Austria. I also think she doesn't want to out shine Princess Stephanie when they are together, stepping back.
wouahhh, I am really sorry, if she wait the ring or the announcement or the mariage or the title to smile with the circus or simply to applaud the Stéphanie Princess for this work with enthusiasm !!
I would remain about it almost without voice if I had not read that she had insulted a Prime Minister and French footballers !!
__________________

__________________
  #23  
Old 01-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by olga101 View Post
I imagine there are a lot of women, and especially many on these forums, judging from the protestations in all forms. He's a huge catch (whenever he marries) and having b een on the available scene for so many years--a lot of women, at home and abroad as the saying goes. Seriously.
Hi Olga, I can't disagree in part with your statement but there are at least a few of us who are married with kids, too old etc. and who look at a much bigger picture. Is he a good catch? If he were a women, he would be called some pretty nasty stuff, diplomatically one might say he was a man with a long past and a history.

It's true that titles and money are an aphrodisiac for many women but I also think there are women out there for whom the title and the money are not the main attraction. I truly believe if Albert would buckle down, stay home, and at least look like he's serious about his job, town meetings with citizens so forth, I think he may find that he will attract a woman of substance. I have to have faith that he won't make a huge mistake. I have to have faith in his ability and I have to have faith that Charlene is his Gisele and not his princess. He is one of a few princes who actually rule their country and it is a huge sacrifice he must be willing to make or history will not be kind to his memory. JMO
__________________
  #24  
Old 01-22-2008, 09:43 AM
lckc571's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Metz, France
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
It had nothing to do with Stephanie. That's the way she always looks at these types of events unless she is the center of attention and then she's miss Smiley. If she didn't want to distract from Stephanie she could have looked toward her and smiled and applauded with enthusiasm so as to draw the attention toward Stephanie. JMO

I should add that I can't disagree with the fact that she was, after the rugby incident, told to watch her behavior at public events. That, however ,wouldn't mean she was told to stand there looking bored or frozen. She wasn't that way at the children's event when she wore that way too low cut dress, looking sexy and ignoring the kids. I can't imagine she was told that was a good idea and the way for a future princess to act. No I think what you see is what you get. JMO
Great post, Hibou !!!
we had the same thought!!
Charlene passes from the extremes to the other, no matter who among us would then have understood that the behavior should be softened, and not to be semi-present without enthusiasm, to make the head of the bad days!!
__________________
  #25  
Old 01-22-2008, 01:54 PM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by miraglia1983 View Post
I have to agree. I have looked at the photos many times and can't find anything wrong in them. However, when Prince Albert was being applauded, that's when I saw less enthusiasm than his sister and his aunt had. But maybe it is a different situation. He is quite indifferent with her when in public at the Principality. So maybe she has been instructed not to be too open with her feelings at official appearances and that is what I see. But I see a big difference in how relaxed she is with him in the pictures in Austria. I also think she doesn't want to out shine Princess Stephanie when they are together, stepping back.
I don't understand? Why would she have less enthusiasm when Prince Albert is being applauded? What would be the different situation?
__________________
  #26  
Old 01-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Hanna Regina's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Umeå, Sweden
Posts: 138
This poor woman can't do anything right! Everything she does is critizised; she is too open - she's too restricted, she smiles too much - she smiles too little, &c &c. I don't know her, I've never seen her in real life or on television, and I have never heard her talking about Prince Albert or anything else. Until I do, I will not pass any judgements about her.

And when it comes to Prince Albert... He's been dating super models and other famous and beautiful women for the past thirty years now. Can't we trust him to be fully capable of judging whether Charlene's intentions and feelings for him are true or not true himself?
__________________
The best place for royal news, history, information and pictures, they call it The Royal Forums...
  #27  
Old 01-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna Regina View Post
This poor woman can't do anything right! Everything she does is critizised; she is too open - she's too restricted, she smiles too much - she smiles too little, &c &c. I don't know her, I've never seen her in real life or on television, and I have never heard her talking about Prince Albert or anything else. Until I do, I will not pass any judgements about her.

And when it comes to Prince Albert... He's been dating super models and other famous and beautiful women for the past thirty years now. Can't we trust him to be fully capable of judging whether Charlene's intentions and feelings for him are true or not true himself?
Dear Hanna Regina, Some of us have been following him a bit more closely and we have lots of information but rather than bore everyone with a repeat, please go to some of the old threads and read. I don't blame you for not wanting to pass judgement but just like there are posters who are far more knowledgeable on Charlene and have been following her closely there are other posters follow other royals like Victoria of Sweden whom I only know alittle about and her boyfriend Daniel. I agree in the sense that I could not pass judement on Daniel as I have not the knowledge to do so but with Charlene some of us have seen a lot. As far as trusting Albert's judgement, he has two kids out of wedlock. Not good judgement on his part. JMO
__________________
  #28  
Old 01-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Manhattan, United States
Posts: 212
I think it is possible that she is his Gisele. I have seen photos of Rainier looking at Ms. Pascale the same way he looks at Charlene. But Gisele was thought to not be able to have children and so the union ended for constitutional reasons. I would think Charlene might be able to have children and has taken relatively good care of herself, minus anything being seriously and inherently wrong with her reproductive system. I know Pr. Rainier and Monaco were shocked when Gisele finally had children.

All I can say from what I see is that he seems to adore her, but at times, he moves his body away from her in photos where she is leaning in. This is a HUGE message in terms of body language .. and I have noticed this more and more recently.

Now with ALL the protocol and PR people in his life, Pr.A. would KNOW that that particular body language will make people find distaste for Charlene because they will be loyal to what they perceive as his feelings.

I hope he WILL find someone who is world calibre and brings light and joy to Monaco and to his personal realm. Someone who will be able to love and accept and be accepted by his children. If nothing, Pr. Grace was a hands-on amazing family woman. When he says "she must resemble his mother". We all might find that he actually meant more spiritually and personality-wise than in actual appearance.

We'll see. I'm new here and I am also not in their circle, so I can only speculate.

R.
__________________
  #29  
Old 01-22-2008, 08:00 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalee View Post
When he says "she must resemble his mother". We all might find that he actually meant more spiritually and personality-wise than in actual appearance.
I hope so. I find that Charlene does not -- in my humble opinion, that is -- resemble Princess Grace in any way. Although she is pretty enough, I suppose, she does not have any of Princess Grace's charisma with the camera.
Charlene also entirely lacks the conquering presence that made Princess Grace an icon. These points would not signify in themselves, if only there was some consistent show of Prince Albert's being enamored of Charlene. I quite agree with Rosalee (that is, if I understand) that if people saw him appearing to deeply love her, general affection towards her would be naturally strong and not merely dependent on all her deficiencies.
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
  #30  
Old 01-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
just like there are posters who are far more knowledgeable on Charlene and have been following her closely

So, as a result, of watching her closely and are "far more knowledgeable" of her, certain members can easily deduce -- without even knowing her personally hence had personal one on one contact with her -- that she is completely wrong for Albert and the future of Monaco? Yeah, that makes a lot sense.

Obviously, none of Charlene's critics has ever met, spent time, live or lived in Monaco, polled the entire country of their thoughts, Charlene.

Just because some members read the tabloid magazines, watch news clips, view hundreds of still photos, visited Monaco on vacation, and asked three strangers on the street and/or asked your Aunt Patty's third cousin once removed who lived in Monaco for two months what they thought of her, doesn't give anyone who has never met her personally any legit insight or conclusion as to who Charlene is.

Until a member of this board (or more) has spent a considerable amount of time with her -- on deep personal level -- then 90% may believe these bizarre claims about Charlene.

No one will ever have a clear insight as to who Charlene really is or what she is like with Albert and so forth. One may have an insight if they hang around the couple every single day 24/7. Furthermore, I'm sure someone will announce that "Their best friend's Uncle's third cousin knows the couple and they say..." speech...
__________________
  #31  
Old 01-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
So, as a result, of watching her closely and are "far more knowledgeable" of her, certain members can easily deduce -- without even knowing her personally hence had personal one on one contact with her -- that she is completely wrong for Albert and the future of Monaco? Yeah, that makes a lot sense.

Obviously, none of Charlene's critics has ever met, spent time, live or lived in Monaco, polled the entire country of their thoughts, Charlene.

Just because some members read the tabloid magazines, watch news clips, view hundreds of still photos, visited Monaco on vacation, and asked three strangers on the street and/or asked your Aunt Patty's third cousin once removed who lived in Monaco for two months what they thought of her, doesn't give anyone who has never met her personally any legit insight or conclusion as to who Charlene is.

Until a member of this board (or more) has spent a considerable amount of time with her -- on deep personal level -- then 90% may believe these bizarre claims about Charlene.

No one will ever have a clear insight as to who Charlene really is or what she is like with Albert and so forth. One may have an insight if they hang around the couple every single day 24/7. Furthermore, I'm sure someone will announce that "Their best friend's Uncle's third cousin knows the couple and they say..." speech...
First you have taken my quote out of context and then go an rant about many who through their observations have opinions - some follow the British royals closely some follow Monaco. I urge readers to read my whole quote. Now for my response to your rant:

You are presumtive in your opinion that the people who give opinions here are silly, morons whose sole impressions come from tabloids. Do not INSULT MY INTELLIGENCE! You have no idea who any of us are. Why do you assume we get our information only from looking at pictures. I have met Albert. I have friends who know him. I have not met her. So yes I suppose I fall under the the friends third cousins Uncle AND I must must ask what makes you such an authority to say that all that is printed or photographed is not true. Are her own words not true in her interviews? Be careful how you answer that one. You have the right to your opinion and the right to remain skeptical you do not have a the to silence opinions with your arrogance - after all you would be silencing yourself since you are no more in possession of the facts than you claim we are not. IN THE END THIS ENTIRE FORUM IS BASED ON OPINIONS- ALL OF IT EVERY SINGLE ONE - BRITISH, DANISH YOU NAME IT. MY statement here is not a rant anymore than yours is. Therefore I am not ranting I am voicing a strong opinion because I will not stand for such an insult.
__________________
  #32  
Old 01-22-2008, 11:05 PM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
So, as a result, of watching her closely and are "far more knowledgeable" of her, certain members can easily deduce -- without even knowing her personally hence had personal one on one contact with her -- that she is completely wrong for Albert and the future of Monaco? Yeah, that makes a lot sense.

Obviously, none of Charlene's critics has ever met, spent time, live or lived in Monaco, polled the entire country of their thoughts, Charlene.

Just because some members read the tabloid magazines, watch news clips, view hundreds of still photos, visited Monaco on vacation, and asked three strangers on the street and/or asked your Aunt Patty's third cousin once removed who lived in Monaco for two months what they thought of her, doesn't give anyone who has never met her personally any legit insight or conclusion as to who Charlene is.

Until a member of this board (or more) has spent a considerable amount of time with her -- on deep personal level -- then 90% may believe these bizarre claims about Charlene.

No one will ever have a clear insight as to who Charlene really is or what she is like with Albert and so forth. One may have an insight if they hang around the couple every single day 24/7. Furthermore, I'm sure someone will announce that "Their best friend's Uncle's third cousin knows the couple and they say..." speech...
Really!!! I do not know who you are? But you are pretty presumptuous to think you know who I am? Or who I have, or haven't met!
__________________
  #33  
Old 01-22-2008, 11:41 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
First, let me begin with this statement: Calm down. Why are you yelling? There is no need.

Quote:
First you have taken my quote out of context

Did I? Most, with no agenda nor firm distain for Charlene, wouldn't think so.

Quote:
and then go an rant about many who through their observations have opinions - some follow the British royals closely some follow Monaco
Yes, I know that dear. No need to remind me or others of this. Nonetheless, the difference is: There is a particular group of ladies who firmly believe their opinions are fact. Essentially, one -- opinions -- becomes frighteningly blurred into a solid fact with no concrete evidence to back it up.


Quote:
You are presumtive in your opinion that the people who give opinions here are silly, morons whose sole impressions come from tabloids.
That is your belief not mine; however, I never stated that.


Quote:
Do not INSULT MY INTELLIGENCE!
I never did. This insecurity is coming from you and you alone.

Quote:
You have no idea who any of us are.
That's obvious... so what is your point?

Quote:
Why do you assume we get our information only from looking at pictures.
From previous posts.

Quote:
I have met Albert.
So was it a meet and greet for five minutes? Or was it a long holiday weekend with him? Or did you met him at a cafe, walked up to him and shook his hand?

Quote:
I have friends who know him.
Here we go, the "I have friends..." and "..best friend's Uncle's third cousin knows the couple and they say..." speech.


Quote:
AND I must must ask what makes you such an authority to say that all that is printed or photographed is not true.
What makes you an authority to say they are?

Quote:
You have the right to your opinion and the right to remain skeptical
As do you. But, by the way you are reacting makes me wonder why you are becoming so incredibly enraged over my comments? My thoughts are simply an observation after reading posts about Charlene from members who are strangely engulfed in a relationship that they have no deep knowledge of. I can say this because if you or anyone else was close to Albert and Charlene you wouldn't be posting a one of the biggest message boards dedicated to royalty on the internet. If you or anyone else were and are close to the couple you would honor your friendship with them and keep your thoughts to yourself. Nobody who has a famous friend spends hours on a message board expressing their distain or admiration to absolute strangers, and thereby trying -- knowingly or not -- to destroy a relationship.


Quote:
you do not have a the to silence opinions with your arrogance
I'm not nor will I ever silence anyone opinions. I was expressing my thoughts which has clearly raised your blood pressure... why I have no idea, but perhaps you should step back for a minute, take a deep breath, and try not to become so emotionally involved.

Try to read my comments with an objective view and try to see that I am not attacking you or anyone, but rather stating a different opinion that what you and several others are used to. Just try it for once. Oh and moi? Arrogant? Pfft as if...


Quote:
after all you would be silencing yourself since you are no more in possession of the facts than you claim we are not.
Yeah? And?

Quote:
IN THE END THIS ENTIRE FORUM IS BASED ON OPINIONS- ALL OF IT EVERY SINGLE ONE - BRITISH, DANISH YOU NAME IT.
Obviously, but when several claim their opinions as fact, well, then there is a problem. By the way, your arugment will be more effective if you stop yelling so much.

Quote:
MY statement here is not a rant anymore than yours is. Therefore I am not ranting I am voicing a strong opinion because I will not stand for such an insult.
No one is insulting you. You and others are obviously not used to others expressing their opinions which are vastly different than yours. That is probably the key reason why you are being so incredibly enraged.
__________________
  #34  
Old 01-23-2008, 01:07 AM
Lady Jennifer's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Posts: 7,672
Let's get back on topic please.
And please remember part of the forums FAQ, specifically this part:

Quote:
I'm the godson of the Earl of Whatever, and I went to school with Prince Whosit. Why can't I talk about my royal friends?

Our rules about privacy include a rule protecting the privacy of royals. Also, we have no way of verifying that any of our posters are really members or friends of members of royal or noble houses, and we've had a lot of these claims over the years. Our rule requiring verifiable sources of discussion applies in this case. We aren't going to take unverified claims of inside knowledge at face value.
__________________
TRF Rules & FAQ
"Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed." - Corita Kent

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

  #35  
Old 01-23-2008, 02:39 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ELKTON, United States
Posts: 368
I like coming to this forum you guy very passion about what you are saying. But the only one who can change everything is Charlene and Albert.
__________________
  #36  
Old 01-23-2008, 12:30 PM
juvante's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 2
hi, there is a new artikel in bunte online about charlene in Austria and how charming she is !!
you find these under BUNTE - Leidenschaft für Menschen today !!
__________________
  #37  
Old 01-24-2008, 01:35 AM
Mandy's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 6,927
Attention!

We will not tolerate members turning our forums into a circus so they can brag and laugh over it in other forums. We will do whatever is necessary to prevent it.

This warning is not up for debate.

Mandy
Royal Forums Administrator


  #38  
Old 01-25-2008, 04:25 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,372
Pics 25.1.2008

Charlene gets to know one of Albert's favourite sports

Prince Albert of Monaco as the pilot, his friend Charlene Wittstock,
and brakesman Thomas Mark prepare their bobsled for the start of
the third Monaco historic bobsled race in St. Moritz, Switzerland,
on Friday, Jan. 25, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #39  
Old 01-25-2008, 05:02 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 197
Cute -- the bobsled. Looks like PA ought to be very happy. Er, the brakeman, he be kind of fine-looking in Pic #4, me thinks.
__________________
  #40  
Old 01-25-2008, 05:38 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,285
Thanks Iceflower. Lucky girl that's something I've wanted to do.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia Picture Thread, Part 2 Elsa M. King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia 181 03-09-2014 05:23 PM
Pierre Casiraghi Current Events Part 15: January 2009 - December 2013 Zonk Current Events Archive 845 01-01-2014 04:30 AM
The Emir & Sheikha Mozah Current Events Part 2: January 2012 - June 24, 2013 dazzling Ruling Family of Qatar 64 06-22-2013 06:49 PM
Crown Princess Victoria's Daytime Fashion Part 5: May 2011 - June 2012 dazzling Archives 392 06-04-2012 02:20 AM
Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 15: January 2012 - March 2012 dazzling Archives 389 03-24-2012 11:55 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:39 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]