Charlene Wittstock Current Events Part 10: January 2008 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen recent photos of her lately, its been a couple of weeks.

Maybe she will appear in days to promote the wedding again. After all, they have to promote it more than ever now that William has got engaged and all the media attention will go to Britain.

I agree with that - Prince William is much more well known than PA, and the same goes for the two fiancees.

Add to that the feeding frenzy of the British press, and most other events will be swifly relegated to the second row....

I read on other royal board that some mag stated Charlene went on vacation to South Africa. Vacation from what I wonder? I don't think she is really working...

It's probably not a "vacation from" anything. She probably just went there to visit her family, or friends or something. Just because she's not working a punch-clock job :lol: it doesn't mean she can't go visit her homeland or whatever. The media can call it a "vacation" if they want, but that's not even necessarily what it is. A woman just wants to go somewhere. We don't know the reason. It's not fair, really, to use it to jab her about not having a job. For all we know she could be hitting the bridal shops with her homies. :D

Perhaps there are jealous people in Monaco. I'm sure most of them have daughters they would have liked PA to wed. Charlene a foreigner, so I imagine there is some negative feeling amongst the locals, as there was when his father married.

As for having a job, she would have given that up on her engagement, as do all royal finacees.

...and, one doesn't have to be beautiful to attract a prince's attention.

Kitty:

I hadn't thought about the fathers and mothers of Monaco who, as you say, would have loved to have PA as a son-in-law.

I suppose that for him to marry a woman from Africa would not have helped either, and, to come back to the languages issue, the Monegasques could well be forgiven to prefer a consort who can speak French and Monegasque.

I still can't understand why nothering ever came of Pa and Tasha de Vasconcelos.....

Charlene did not speak about natives people but she speaks about jet set people. Princess Grace Did not speak french when she came to Monaco, People of Monaco did not critize the Grace's language but that she was an actriss and at that time Actris was not seen very well. People said "how long this weedding will last? She will give us an heir and she will can go away". I remembered of this history because I lived at Eze and there were many monegasque people who went in our small village and they spoke. Now they said we are agree for Charlene, she will give us an heir and we wil lsee ,Grimaldi Family is so strange, they all divorced,Princess Antoinette (2 men) cousins De Massy ,Princess Charlotte P Rainier's mother, Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie)Only Princess Grace and Prince Rainier stayed married. For the jalousis Charlene spoke about event people.There is not the language, in Monaco there are so many languages. But money.Prince Albert wants that his land earns honest money, not bad money.and rich people want that Caroline or her son becomes the sovereign because they thingh that they will make an other politic. What was saying in Monaco and in the south of France.

You are right. Poise and grace are more important prerequisites than beauty ... beauty can be assured in any case, unless the lucky lady is downright ugly. Most average, pretty-ish women could be turned into a photogenic beauty with the right treatments ...

Boy, isn't that the truth!!!!:ROFLMAO:

(This isn't a comment on CW. I think CW is attractive. I only mean, it's evidenced in many other royal couples!!!):lol:

Charlene looks quite confident at a solo event which is really nice to see her adjusting to her future role. I wish she wore more color than black head to toe.

Has she received any patronages yet or is it still a bit early?

I am all for black but for a Christmas celebration she could have added a little color with some jewels or something.

Yes, she does seem comfortable doing solo engagements. And to me IMO, the solo engagements, the being a part of foreign travel before one is married is so different. Not to do the inevitable comparisons...but you certainly saw the engaged couple out and about when doing local (national events) but this is so strange. Call me silly...but everything seems to have been backwards with this couple.

the fashion is black, this year everybody wears black.I prefer when Charlene Wittsock wears colors, for me it is not so strange that she takes part of events,Prince Albert said in an interview of Gala that Charlene wanted to be more involved besides him.Here she was so criticed" she is lazzy, she makes nothing, she does'nt speak french, she is an idiot", and now she proofs that she can make alone the job of a princess she is not yet before july, and in making this events like to be with princess Stephanie in Aidsfights and alone like yesterday evening, she will know more the life of associations in Monaco.We can see that she speaks and understand french.

Black all the time. What happens with her and Charlotte? there are so many other coulours to use!
She looks good, but the permanent black disturbes me.

the fashion is black, this year everybody wears black.I prefer when Charlene Wittsock wears colors, for me it is not so strange that she takes part of events,Prince Albert said in an interview of Gala that Charlene wanted to be more involved besides him.Here she was so criticed" she is lazzy, she makes nothing, she does'nt speak french, she is an idiot", and now she proofs that she can make alone the job of a princess she is not yet before july, and in making this events like to be with princess Stephanie in Aidsfights and alone like yesterday evening, she will know more the life of associations in Monaco.We can see that she speaks and understand french.
You can see she speaks and understands french? How can you do that?

Last edited by a moderator:
she is in monaco and the language is french. The association where she was yesterdays is monegasque and the persons who were there don't speak english. At gala, the night of the fest, she spoke a long moment to a small girl who gave her a branch of flowers, I saw that at tv of monaco, I saw that she spoke french on the reports made on her. Do you speak french?what I see on this board that all the persons who say she don't speak french, don't understand all the interviews or reports made in french

Charlene has figured out that expensive silver or gold jewellery look best on a black dress :)

I would never have said that before, but she really looks fine in black.

I wish I could understand French as well as Mademoiselle Charlene, who has lived in a French speaking country for 4 years. We have already heard how fluent she is. I has to take classes instead.
No matter what you say, even about the fashion, you will be put in your place Natalie. But we saw Princess Caroline radiant as usual in not black clothings this season, didn´t we?

Princess Caroline wore black clothes during the fest national and I don't see what Caroline has to do in this board.I understand you are worry, Charlene is not like you discrive her, but what I see you don't speak french, try to learn the french language and we will see how you will speak 4 years after.I don't think you will speak french so fluently as Charlene Wittstock.You are one of those who dislike Charlene Wittstock and I understand you

she is in monaco and the language is french. The association where she was yesterdays is monegasque and the persons who were there don't speak english. At gala, the night of the fest, she spoke a long moment to a small girl who gave her a branch of flowers, I saw that at tv of monaco, I saw that she spoke french on the reports made on her. Do you speak french?what I see on this board that all the persons who say she don't speak french, don't understand all the interviews or reports made in french
As a matter of fact, i do speak french. Unfortunately, not as well as Ms Wittstock, of course.
I can't understand that if she speaks french how she couldn't do it in the PPDA interview, even when she was speaking (or trying to speak) in french there were subtitles because it wasn't that good...

Yesterday's auction was organized for Action Innocence Monaco:

Here's an article from svenskdam about it including two more pics:

** Charlene auktionerade ut julgranar på lyxhotell ** translation **

** nicematin: Vente aux enchères : plus de 100 000 euros en sapins précieux **

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **
CW had very nice coat, but should have more make up or maybe just bright lipstick b/c she looked so pale.

Is there more videos since the PPDA interview so we can see with our own eyes her improvements in French?!

Some people just learn languages quicker and easier than others.

Queen Paola has been living for 51 years in Belgium and her dutch isn't that great. Same for her children, who have been living there their whole life.

Sofiero is right. So far, we can't judge by the (minimal) occasions when CW spoke French, whether she has improved at all.

But perhaps Melina Première can help us there? She may have seen some interviews and might be willing to let us have a link or two ??

That way, we can perhaps proceed a bit from the "Je suis christien" blooper ??

Black can be very attractive, I think it's more the style, severe hair, etc. People in the public eye have to look at photographs of themselves with a critical eye and learn what is right for them the hard way.

I don't care personally if she speaks French, or not, but sooner or later it will become a problem after all it's been years. I can see CW really concentrating when people speak to her, so I'm assuming she at least understands some French, and replies in some French. If she's at least trying it's okay. Seems to me the majority of people I come across speak at least some English too so probably speak to her in English if they can.

I've heard Prince Albert speaks about 5? languages.

Last edited:
Yes, he does - or did. His Curriculum Vitae on the Palace website lists his achievements.

A letter of special olympics told about Charlene Wittstock who already raised 60 000euros for the special olympics just before the swimming at Midmar,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom