Charlene Wittstock Current Events Part 10: January 2008 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Nice Monaco Charlene Wittstock presents her statue 'a little bear named Ekaya) she peint and must be sold among others statues for charity work.A new school for Nepal

That's nice iniciative. Plus, the bear is cute :)

She looks very nice, obviously the make-up has diminished... and the result is very nice !

CW looks very tired, or maybe just a touch under the weather. I like her outfit and can't see anything wrong with her hair. Who do you all want her to look like? Longer or curled hair would just hide her face and she doesn't need to hide her pretty face.

^I, personally, would like to see her with a little longer hair, and a natural expression...it's obvious that she has botox that ruined her natural beauty...
She looks ok, but she looked better before.

Do you know she had Botox. Where did you get that info? She is still quite beautiful.

^If it's not botox, it's something else. It looks like botox, of course i can't know that! Her face looks different than before, that's what i'm saying, and it's not for the nose surgery, that's a minimal thing, i'm talking about her whole face.
So, or it's botox, or someone is putting her make up that doesn't work for her.
But, yes, she is still quite pretty.

Natalie, as we grow older we change. Lord knows, I look at pictures and wonder who that person is, in the mirror is. Who knows what has taken place. It might be Botox, it might not. Is that you in the avatar, you look young and lovely. I am like a fading flower. Age is not, necessarily, kind, although people think I am younger than I am. So, one never knows.

Countess...I think her avatar is Charlotte C. but I can be wrong.

But I totally agree with your comments regarding aging and how your body changes. Its natural. I don't look the same as I did when I was 20, 30 or even 40 (and I am 42.) People change year to year. Now whether or not Charlene has done anything is open for speculation (as we haven't had official confirmation), and we all know the rules on that.

Again, I am unsure what people expect from Charlene. We have all been witness to word wars of years ago when Charlene was called everything about a child of God because she wasn't pretty enough, young enough, lacked a certain finesse, not worthy being Princess of Monaco. She makes some physical changes (admittedly she could have done a LOT interior in regards to learn to speak French, doing some charity work and being more low key as the "official companion") and its still not good enough. She really hasn't done anything BAD and that to me is the key. People seem to forget that at the end of the Albert is the ruler and if there is any criticism, than some of it should be directed his way. But that's the topic of another thread. Either way I don't understand it all and I am not Charlene fan. Give me Maxima anyday, but that is WAY OFF TOPIC.

Last edited:
Zonk, I don't know Charlene from a hole in the wall, and 42 is very young to me. Why I defend her is because people have for whatever reason, decided they know everything about how she should conduct her life. It is hard enough to live your own life, and to stand in judgement of someone's else's is ridiculous at best and mean spirited at worst. Let her be and become a part of this part she has selected to play. We are all players on a stage to some degree. Deciding why and what and how is her business, not ours.

Yes, and she's young...too young for Botox. In the pictures, her colouring reminds me of Crown Princess Mette-Marit.:flowers:

Do you know she had Botox. Where did you get that info? She is still quite beautiful.

Zonk, I don't know Charlene from a hole in the wall, and 42 is very young to me. Why I defend her is because people have for whatever reason, decided they know everything about how she should conduct her life. It is hard enough to live your own life, and to stand in judgement of someone's else's is ridiculous at best and mean spirited at worst. Let her be and become a part of this part she has selected to play. We are all players on a stage to some degree. Deciding why and what and how is her business, not ours.

I agree with your sentiments to a point.

We don't know Charlene and I refuse to make a final judgement on her personality based on pictures from the last five years of her life.

My disagreement comes with the why, what and how is her business statement. With her marriage she is answerable to the people of Monaco. They will have to deal with her on a daily basis and will let her know if she is or is not representing their company in a positive light.

She is certainl picking up on her patronages and engagements. Hopefully the backoffice work on her speaking in public will get better and she will adapt to her new role.

I totally agree with countess, she describes what I try to say all
this on the board, how can we judge a person with photos, nobody knows her in intimité, we cannot judge a person in saying"she said a few years ago that....) . .For her, her position is more difficult to be than before The engagement. She is not yet a princess,she cannot attend some official evens, but she is a future princess, she must show what she is doing, what marks she will make. For the language, during the last years, her future in Monaco was not sure, they could broke, and she would return in S Africa.She learned french only to understand the persons, it was not yet easy Now She will get better her language. For botox, That is a thing that say some persons who dislike her . That is a refrain.

Melina, you have a good point regarding CW's uncertain status (which has now been replaced with a very certain status).

Perhaps she felt so uncertain regarding her possible future role that she did not make much effort at learning all the things she would need as a future princess consort.

However, it would have been useful for her to learn at least some French, just to be able to participate with the Monegasque population.

Natalie, as we grow older we change. Lord knows, I look at pictures and wonder who that person is, in the mirror is. Who knows what has taken place. It might be Botox, it might not. Is that you in the avatar, you look young and lovely. I am like a fading flower. Age is not, necessarily, kind, although people think I am younger than I am. So, one never knows.
Zonk it's right, it's Charlotte Casiraghi :flowers:
I said botox because i see something sort of unnatural in her face, but i agree that it might be just that she has aged since we first met her. Or it can be the make up too, or even the lights of the place at the moment of taking the pic, i don't know. Just that it was botox what has first come to my mind.

Charlene is 32 as in thirty two- not forty two.
Her business would have been had she married a SA dentist and gone to live in the Capetown suburbs as a private citizen. Now she is a public figure - and people want her to get it right- No one can will this[the Amazing Kreskin is dead]-especially not CW as we have seen in the interview- a lot of work and application await.Fluency in French is a must and so is conversion if it has not already happened Things have to be applied and succeed.
You ask us to let her be but CW has selected a role for which she cannot leave room for failure- that is all we wish for her too.... a happy ending which awaits.

When Countess refers to 42 she is referring to my age and not Charlene's.

Age came up in regards to how Charlene has changed since she began her public life.

Yes, and she's young...too young for Botox.

Too young? If the Duchess of Windsor would be still alive she would say: a woman can't be too young for Botox! I know people of the same age, and younger, that used Botox. I personally think that Miss Wittstock is a very beautiful lady, but she looks older than 32.

I think she looks older than 32 as well but I think its a result of the sun and her swimming career. I wouldn't say she is beautiful more striking IMO. But to each his own :flowers: She certainly isn't ugly, though I wish they would do something with her hair. I actually liked it when it was a bit longer.

But as long as she is out and about. And hopefully learning her French:whistling:

I don't have any problems with her age or general looks, but I wish she would go back to a more feminine hairstyle. Looking back to the images in the CW pics thread, she looked very feminine - and certainly not like someone who needs botox or other artificial enhancements.

Sadly, she seems bent on having unfeminine hairstyles and clothing.

It is the mode of the bun for hairstyle in europe. In the mode newspapers it is shown how making a bun for young women. Some princess (like princess Maxima(lastphhotos) and princess Caroline begin to wear this hairstyle. But they will never be critized because they are princess and not Charlene Wittstock that some persons don't like here. I find Charlene here very well, but I don't look at ther face or beauty, I see what she is doing. She decored this bear to partipate a charity work. She begins to participe some charity work like ' peint a smile' 'midmare mile' and buy a qee bear. I do not remenber any future princess having charity work before their weedding. But Charlene will be always critized what she is making.

I preferred a longer hair like the one she had at the beginning....

Melina, I don't think anyone in their right mind would criticise CW for taking part in a charitable event.

It's exactly that which some of us have been waiting for !!
I would want her to immerse herself in charity work, and I suspect she has a certain flair for it.

I find it quite intersting that she says that she only has only made 2 friends since moving to Monaco and that she believes it jelousy and that they don't get her South African Humor. My take on it is that she will need to prove herself to people that she is more than just a live in girfriend wearing expenseive finery and jewels. Women, ecpsecially women can see through other women.

At least someone who doesn't call "friend" anybody she chances to talk to sometimes !

Yes, some people use the term friend to include just about anyone they talk to and others use it only for those people they know very well and trust greatly. In a small place like Monaco it doesn't seem unusual to have a very limited number of friends, and also good policy to keep some distance given that she will soon be Princess Consort. I wonder how many true friends Albert has inside the principality. I believe most of Grace & Rainiers close friends were from outside the principality as well. Grace briefly experimented with inviting locals to lunches or dinners at the palace but it wasnt successful. The Monagasques were shy about dining privately with the princely couple and the parties never gelled. Rainier also spoke about the sovereign needing to maintain some distance, he said it was fine when Albert was the heir but as monarch it didn't work.
Anyway, it will likely take her a few more years, and the birth of children, for her to truely feel at home and be accepted in the principality, something she would also share with her late mother in law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom