The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

She wasn't obese at all she just had her menopause and women's bodies change with that, especially as, at the time, there was no remedies

Old 01-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Please remember: This is a thread about current events,
not about Princess Grace and any comparisons! Thanks!

Old 01-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Jaya, that hadn't occurred to me - obviously here in Scotland, today is a big day, but let's spare a thought for Charlene :-)
Old 01-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Happy birthday Charlene, I hope what we hope come true this year !
Old 02-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Charlene at the cover of Point de Vue:

http://www.pointdevue.fr/img/upl/Thu..._3211_couv.jpg

Can someone translate me what the title says, please? My translator hasn't given me a good solution.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, I've read in another forum that Point de Vue "suggests" that Albert and Charlene are having a crisis, so I guess the cover must says "Bad moment in Monaco" or something similar.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Charlene at the cover of Point de Vue:

http://www.pointdevue.fr/img/upl/Thu..._3211_couv.jpg

Can someone translate me what the title says, please? My translator hasn't given me a good solution.
Mauvaise Passe a Monaco-transliteral translation means : Bad patch in Monaco - or Gloom in Monaco with speculation as to the relationship of Cw and Pa.Since I do not have a copy of Point de Vue I cannot say anything further.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:47 AM

Point de Vue *.:.* En Couverture
Old 02-04-2010, 06:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Setura, for sharing the page from Point de Vue.

The text next to Charlene's picture has actually nothing to do with her, but with the ongoing saga about Robert Eringer and the - now temporarily stalled - court case.

The headline under Charlene's picture alleges that PA's and CW's relationship has - literally - run out of breath ("souffle" = breath; "souffler" - to breathe).

As always - nothing new under the sun.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Nobility

I'm surprise they sayng that about them.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setura View Post
Charlene on the cover does not appear to be a happy camper but very serious indeed.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Charlene on the cover does not appear to be a happy camper but very serious indeed.
It's the same old trick magazines use for more than 20 years now
to illustrate a certain article, there may have been tons of happy
smiling pics of a person attending an event, but if a magazine
only choses the "bad" pics, the negative stories gain credibility.
I'm generally speaking but this is a good example for that technique..
Old 02-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Of course they make dozens of pix and they choose the one matching the mood the person is supposed to be in.... it signifies nothing
Old 02-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
It's the same old trick magazines use for more than 20 years now
to illustrate a certain article, there may have been tons of happy
smiling pics of a person attending an event, but if a magazine
only choses the "bad" pics, the negative stories gain credibility.
I'm generally speaking but this is a good example for that technique..
Thanks for that iceflower- it is sooo true.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent

This time they chose a picture that was totally wrong, as it shows Charlene at the Circus ! I actually felt that she looked especially sophisticated and well turned out.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
IMO Charlene is in training for the role of serene highness. There is no rush for marriage as Charlene is still young. I see no problem with this, the reporters can say what they like.

She is 31 years old and in training to be a serene highness she might be young but do you suppose it will be flaterring if she started having children at 40 years old. How old will PA be then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
While PA and CW are not married to each other, there is a story in it.

If they were to get married, the suspense is taken away, and they would be just another married couple - noble or not.
did the suspense ever seize when Diana and Charles married? If I remember correctly it did not. The world anticipated all the milestone that the couple went through.the birth of their children, their travels to other countries, the events they attended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timea83 View Post
It is a good question.We Don't know much about her everyday life in Monaco. We can imagine how it is going on thanksful to the articles and papaparazzis photos. If she participates charity events it happens on her own I don't think he represents Monaco. I don't understand why newspaper states that she helps for those people when she only attends charity events. It is said that she is taking French lesons in an elite school in Nice but I don't know what is the truth from this news. It is sure that she has a lot of free time. Abert needs a woman who doesn't have a job and is ready to join him when he goes out to charity, sport events or party. A normal working woman can' do that.

Giov, thanks for imformation. I think Roberta is a clever woman and gets in touch with famous people in to help her brother and make popularize Armani clothes among rich guests.
I think betwen her and Charlene isn't a true friendship. She can sell Armani clothes
and Charlene buys them. If someone pays the bills you can order clothes as you please.

I agree that PA needs a woman who doesn't have a job and is ready to join him when he goes out to charity, sport events or party. And a normal working woman can't do that. But it would help if the woman in question had had a profession or background that has given her an exposure of people from all walks of life so that she has varied interests and is balanced as a person to take on the role of representing Monaco as a princess. She should also have her own interests that show who she is a person without standing behind PA's title.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:37 AM
Administrator

Charlene Wittstock with Kate Beckinsale, Jennifer Lopez and Giorgio
Armani at amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS 2010 benefit gala at the
Hotel du Cap on May 20, 2010 in Antibes, France.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** zimbio : 2010 amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS Gala - Arrivals **

** zimbio : 2010 amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS Gala **
Old 05-21-2010, 08:21 AM
Aristocracy

Charlene is looking smashing these days. I thought the dress and necklace were very pretty. I would have complemented it with earrings and a bracelet. I love the soft, silver strapless dress. Simple and classy. Good choice. She has become quite a celebrity.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraglia1983 View Post
Charlene is looking smashing these days. I thought the dress and necklace were very pretty. I would have complemented it with earrings and a bracelet. I love the soft, silver strapless dress. Simple and classy. Good choice. She has become quite a celebrity.
Yes she is a celebrity but not her own.All these stars who Charlene greeted became famous people on their own. They had to work very hard to reach their star status.
She is celebrity for the time she is PA's companion.Of course everything is a big buisness.She is ambassador of Armani beacause PA is her patron. This is the only reason that she wears Armani clothes.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Serene Highness

Charlene came in 5th place as an Olympic swimmer. That's alot harder work than being a movie star.

Closed Thread