The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 09:24 AM
Aristocracy

"The big return of Charlene"?? According to Point de vue so it is ...
Point de vue
I hope his PR doesn't waste too much money on these articles.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by brother
Point de vue
Hi Brother, Well that didn't take them any time and I'm sure it will sell very well. I wonder why they didn't wait for the Grand Prix and ball?

Old 05-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou
Hi Brother, Well that didn't take them any time and I'm sure it will sell very well. I wonder why they didn't wait for the Grand Prix and ball?
because they are allmost the firs "tabloid" which is gossiping about Charlene in France... since these pics... they want to make money.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilae
because they are allmost the firs "tabloid" which is gossiping about Charlene in France... since these pics... they want to make money.
I agree with lilae...Point de Vue wants to make some money and they were the first tabloid that Albert turned to after the Alexandre story broke and he was free to speak out on the issue and his ascencion. I thought that in the article synopsis they said she would be around for the entire spring and summer season. I guess this indicates that this may be serious. While it makes me kind of sick to my stomach, I have a feeling that an engagement will wait until the fall to see how she does in certain international swim meets. If they are engaged prior to the 2008 Olympics, it will be a total distraction and one lengthy engagement.

However, let's note that in the past six to eight months, it appears that Charlene has changed coaches and training venues at least 3 times. I don't know about swimming personally, only skating, but when an athlete keeps changing coaches within a short period of time, it indicates severe problems with the training which leads to personality conflicts. I'm making some grand assumptions here, but I get the impression that the sudden change to France for training probably comes from Charlene wanting to spend more time with Albert and the SA coaches probably wanted her on a tighter training schedule if she intends to compete in Beijing. Thus the SA team went to Arizona to train and Charlene went to France. JMO.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
But of course they will print another story on the ball. I'm sure everyone is just dying to see what gorgious dress she will wear on her ever so shapely body. How many wrinkles she will be able to hide with her cake makeup and whether her thick voluptous hair will be up or down. Will she be wearing the engagement ring she bought herself last year or will she not. Gee, perhaps I should go and buy myself an engagementring. Wouldn't that be exciting?

Oh, and I almost forgot - people are also dying to see which shade of black her dress will be!
Old 05-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
But of course they will print another story on the ball. I'm sure everyone is just dying to see what gorgious dress she will wear on her ever so shapely body. How many wrinkles she will be able to hide with her cake makeup and whether her thick voluptous hair will be up or down. Will she be wearing the engagement ring she bought herself last year or will she not. Gee, perhaps I should go and buy myself an engagementring. Wouldn't that be exciting?

Oh, and I almost forgot - people are also dying to see which shade of black her dress will be!
LOL She did wear a black dress last year to the ball I believe. I personally liked the one they call the mermaid dress.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
They are speaking about Charlene the glamourous girl friend.........where is glamour .... with Albert's brain (not in his head) but somewhere else.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:49 PM
Aristocracy

i wonder if she joined him to spain, the pics with her training come suspiciously close to this trip. it reminds of those articles in bunte claiming that she's training last fall/winter when in fact she was travelling with him.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Royal Highness

Le Grand Detour

Quote:
Point de vue
Hi brother,
I think they made a typo. Or my mailman is up to tricks still after all these years.The title reads Le Grand Detour in my Point de Vue.I thought Andre Breton was editing for an instant. Or I have macular degeneration and cannot see to read. I thought it was about the upcoming Grand Prix and the race cars.May very well be yet.
Well what is the difference?Detour; retour?
Plus il change, plus qu'il est la meme chose.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:01 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
i wonder if she joined him to spain, the pics with her training come suspiciously close to this trip. it reminds of those articles in bunte claiming that she's training last fall/winter when in fact she was travelling with him.
brother you have been told she was training last week in Monaco's swimming pool...
Old 05-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilae
brother you have been told she was training last week in Monaco's swimming pool...
I suppose she can do both since Spain is not that far away. But I got the impression it was a short trip for Albert. I guess we will find out later!
Old 05-16-2007, 09:57 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I suppose she can do both since Spain is not that far away. But I got the impression it was a short trip for Albert. I guess we will find out later!
yes it was a short trip.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:01 AM
Administrator

Here's an article from the Sunday Times about Charlene:

"Glamour babe for SA swim team" by David Isaacson 16 May 2007

And did you notice, Point de Vue has chosen that special pic I talked about..
Old 05-17-2007, 04:37 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedstep
That white n pink I find it less attractive (will looks better on charlotte though)
i would have to agree with you.. it'll look better on charlotte
Old 05-17-2007, 08:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroraDaniel
i would have to agree with you.. it'll look better on charlotte
that shows me at which point Charlene is immature. if she gets dressed like a 18 year old young person.
lckc
Old 05-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Aristocracy

Wow for some reason I thought she was already on the team. I do think that if she fails to make it this time she will not try again.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashajones
Wow for some reason I thought she was already on the team. I do think that if she fails to make it this time she will not try again.
If she fails, her career is over, no trying next time anymore...
Old 05-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashajones
There are two teams at this point. The Olympic qualifiers who have already made the cut for the Olympics and the second tier, the National Team. Charlene's third place finish put her on the National team. She needs to beat some of the members of the first team (Olympic qualifiers) in order for her to go to the Olympics. She has a year to try and do it. But you have to also note that the Olympic qualifers did not compete at the Nationals this year which is how Charlene made the National team. Now if you judge her by comparing her times to that of the Olympic qualifiers in similar events, had they competed she wouldn't have made the National team.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
There are two teams at this point. The Olympic qualifiers who have already made the cut for the Olympics and the second tier, the National Team. Charlene's third place finish put her on the National team. She needs to beat some of the members of the first team (Olympic qualifiers) in order for her to go to the Olympics. She has a year to try and do it. But you have to also note that the Olympic qualifers did not compete at the Nationals this year which is how Charlene made the National team. Now if you judge her by comparing her times to that of the Olympic qualifiers in similar events, had they competed she wouldn't have made the National team.
YES hibou, her 3rd... is a "miracle" because the first team was not at Durban. the first team have been in Melbourne... and they were tired...
Old 05-17-2007, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
New pictures for Charlene taken during a recent trip of hers to Rome. She was photographed while dining out with her Italian colleague Massimiliano Rosolino and some friends of theirs. Max is currently linked to Russian dancer Natalia Titova, that he met when he took part in Italian edition of the show "Dancing with the stars" (Scans from DIVAeDONNA)

DIVA1 DIVA2 DIVA3 DIVA4