The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 05-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 280
Thanks Tosca. can't help but notice that he seems much more interested in the game than in her.
__________________

  #102  
Old 05-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
There is also a picture gallery @
Welcome to the Grazia Neri archive.
They look like they're having the time of their lives
__________________

__________________
Free Albert !
  #103  
Old 05-08-2007, 04:01 PM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine
They look like they're having the time of their lives
Really? She looks like she's modeling for the camera. He seems focused on the game. They might as well be sitting in two separate areas of the stadium.

Why, after a year, must she still act like a child (similar to how she acted at the Grand Prix)? Why can't she just sit still and behave like a grown woman?
__________________
Für Gott, Fürst und Vaterland

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
  #104  
Old 05-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Horseygal's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 1,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
Really? She looks like she's modeling for the camera. He seems focused on the game. They might as well be sitting in two separate areas of the stadium.

Why, after a year, must she still act like a child (similar to how she acted at the Grand Prix)? Why can't she just sit still and behave like a grown woman?
I agree - she is either not that bright and/or savvy, or she intends to act like an outcast at public events - as if she's the country mouse in the city. PA should be embarrassed by her obvious antics and either educate her as to how his dates should behave, or move on. It doesn't make him look good to have someone so socially clueless around.
  #105  
Old 05-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal
I agree - she is either not that bright and/or savvy, or she intends to act like an outcast at public events - as if she's the country mouse in the city. PA should be embarrassed by her obvious antics and either educate her as to how his dates should behave, or move on. It doesn't make him look good to have someone so socially clueless around.
First love your name! Now for Charlene - She has had a year for "princess training' and I give her an F she has learned nothing except not to wear halter tops to every single event. But then she didn't learn to get a tailor either. She is either stupid or doesn't feel she needs to learn how to behave since Albert seems to like her just as she is. This is the next princess of monaco an imature uneducated unwilling to learn blonde. Forget comparing her to Princess Grace, my daughter has better sense than this one! But you have to give her credit, she will get the tiara no matter what and just like any child she will be proud.
  #106  
Old 05-08-2007, 09:17 PM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou
First love your name! Now for Charlene - She has had a year for "princess training' and I give her an F she has learned nothing except not to wear halter tops to every single event. But then she didn't learn to get a tailor either. She is either stupid or doesn't feel she needs to learn how to behave since Albert seems to like her just as she is. This is the next princess of monaco an imature uneducated unwilling to learn blonde. Forget comparing her to Princess Grace, my daughter has better sense than this one! But you have to give her credit, she will get the tiara no matter what and just like any child she will be proud.
I think if that were to happen, Albert's sisters would not participate at all, nor put up a united front. He would be stuck to manage it all with Charlene??? The sisters have played a different kind of role than they would have - a more active role, because of the early death of their mother. They are much more involved & I do not think the people of Monaco would care much for Charlene to trump them, as she would have a lot more leverage as Alberts wife than she does now. I think once Charlene figured out she had some leverage, she would use it over them if she thinks she can- she seems to be the type that would want to be Queen Bee no matter who it offended. No one would be able to relegate her to the back row when she doesn't behave herself. Not that she would have much of a fan base - Everyone would be loyal to the sisters. I can't imagine anyone would welcome having her at the Palace either or having to tolerate her, as her bravado would be so much worse than it is now. But I do think Albert is smart enough to see what might transpire, I hope! (I don't doubt the sisters will fill him in).

The two of them could be very lonely & I don't think either one of them like each other enough to be stuck with only each other's company. (JMO)
  #107  
Old 05-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla
I think if that were to happen, Albert's sisters would not participate at all, nor put up a united front. He would be stuck to manage it all with Charlene??? The sisters have played a different kind of role than they would have - a more active role, because of the early death of their mother. They are much more involved & I do not think the people of Monaco would care much for Charlene to trump them, as she would have a lot more leverage as Alberts wife than she does now. I think once Charlene figured out she had some leverage, she would use it over them if she thinks she can- she seems to be the type that would want to be Queen Bee no matter who it offended. No one would be able to relegate her to the back row when she doesn't behave herself. Not that she would have much of a fan base - Everyone would be loyal to the sisters. I can't imagine anyone would welcome having her at the Palace either or having to tolerate her, as her bravado would be so much worse than it is now. But I do think Albert is smart enough to see what might transpire, I hope! (I don't doubt the sisters will fill him in).

The two of them could be very lonely & I don't think either one of them like each other enough to be stuck with only each other's company. (JMO)
I don't think Stephanie would do that to him. I can see Caroline getting her nose out of joint and turning her back for a while, but not Stephanie. I think she is too loyal to him. She might be cold towards Charlene but not Albert. JMO
  #108  
Old 05-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Countess Lissa's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Benoni, South Africa
Posts: 42
when it comes down to it, if he loves her enough to marry her, it doesnt really matter how she acts, whether shes "princessy" enough or not. so if he is gonig to make her the next princess of monaco, she will be. maybe the fact that she "acts like a child" is one of the reasons hes still with her? and being "uneducated & blonde" seems to have gotten her far enough!
  #109  
Old 05-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla
The two of them could be very lonely & I don't think either one of them like each other enough to be stuck with only each other's company. (JMO)
Brilliant observation -- it may be why they need to keep partying at night. I've often wondered what they do talk about. I can't imagine anything worse than being lonely in a relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countess Lissa
when it comes down to it, if he loves her enough to marry her, it doesnt really matter how she acts, whether shes "princessy" enough or not. so if he is gonig to make her the next princess of monaco, she will be. maybe the fact that she "acts like a child" is one of the reasons hes still with her? and being "uneducated & blonde" seems to have gotten her far enough!
But then what? What is considered tolerable in an "official companion" may not be in a princess. And I don't think that "far enough" is sustainable for the long haul.
  #110  
Old 05-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: ---, Iceland
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine
They look like they're having the time of their lives
indeed, they do. The happiness just radiates off them.
  #111  
Old 05-09-2007, 04:31 PM
shappica's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou
Forget comparing her to Princess Grace, my daughter has better sense than this one!


I agree with you all that sisters wouldn't tolarate her!
I know that I wouldn't be happy if my brother married someone like that.
  #112  
Old 05-09-2007, 05:33 PM
tammy81's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rijeka, Croatia
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by shappica


I agree with you all that sisters wouldn't tolarate her!
I know that I wouldn't be happy if my brother married someone like that.
the thing is, it could be all a power game.....who will influence power the most over Albert.... Both Caroline and Stephanie have wielded their influence over him in the past and I don't see any relationship changing that. Btw, I believe Albert is ultimately the one making decisions. He might take a piece of good advice from trusted people more often....especially regarding his relationships.
  #113  
Old 05-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: around the corner, United States
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countess Lissa
when it comes down to it, if he loves her enough to marry her, it doesnt really matter how she acts, whether shes "princessy" enough or not. so if he is gonig to make her the next princess of monaco, she will be. maybe the fact that she "acts like a child" is one of the reasons hes still with her? and being "uneducated & blonde" seems to have gotten her far enough!
I can understand how a simple, clueless girl could be enchanting to an older guy like Albert who has seen it all. But unfortunately that wears off pretty quick once in a real life (marriage/kids). He won't be there to lead her every step, he got a work to do. If she won't be able to take care of the business in the Palace and Monaco by herself, both of them are for a big surprise. Just to have a support of one man even a prince it won't help much. If Monaco's "social-ladies" decide to take her down, she is going down. They almost drove Grace out of Monaco, and P. Grace had so much going for her which Charlene will never come even close to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy81
Btw, I believe Albert is ultimately the one making decisions.
That is true, but he will have to live with that decision for the rest of his life. If he makes a mistake it is going to be a BIG one.
On the other hand he is already used to that.
  #114  
Old 05-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Has anyone seen or have her most recent Bunte article I believe it is in this week edition? Could you post if you have it? Thanks!
  #115  
Old 05-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: *******, France
Posts: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou
Has anyone seen or have her most recent Bunte article I believe it is in this week edition? Could you post if you have it? Thanks!
Nope, but I think she has been swimming in the Monaco pool this evening while Albert was attending an event next door. Well,I wouldn't call what she did swimming, but hey she was wet and in the water. maybe she was having a break
  #116  
Old 05-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Romy's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: -, Austria
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou
Has anyone seen or have her most recent Bunte article I believe it is in this week edition? Could you post if you have it? Thanks!
I read it and it was an interview about swimming and her plans for Peking, why she prefers Europe as a place to do training and to find sponsors, no personal questions, these have surely been forbidden.
And it all explained why those pictures were made, they are for her sponsor Audi, the car she posed with was an Audi.
  #117  
Old 05-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy
I read it and it was an interview about swimming and her plans for Peking, why she prefers Europe as a place to do training and to find sponsors, no personal questions, these have surely been forbidden.
And it all explained why those pictures were made, they are for her sponsor Audi, the car she posed with was an Audi.
Thanks Romy what are her plans for Peking?
  #118  
Old 05-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: *******, France
Posts: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou
Thanks Romy what are her plans for Peking?
didn't she say already after the competion that she just wanted to qualify? I think the boasting about getting a medal was in the beginning . Now she contents herself with wanting to qualify. Well, let's see if she does. If she doesn't then she will surely quitt swimming before peking and focus on the tiara. I would love to know though why she prefers Europe since last year she was promoting this place in South Africa ( forgot the name but apparently she quitt quickly there and went back with her old coach?). So which reasons apart from being near Albert does she give?
  #119  
Old 05-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Apparently in the Bunte article Charlene mentions that she is going to be in Tunisia in July does anyone know what for?
  #120  
Old 05-11-2007, 07:32 PM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countess Lissa
when it comes down to it, if he loves her enough to marry her, it doesnt really matter how she acts, whether shes "princessy" enough or not. so if he is gonig to make her the next princess of monaco, she will be. maybe the fact that she "acts like a child" is one of the reasons hes still with her? and being "uneducated & blonde" seems to have gotten her far enough!
Well, that's simply not true. Love is not the only consideration for a Head of State. It's got to be a working relationship. Charlene would have a HUGE responsibility of representing Monaco/Monegasques at home and abroad so it surely does matter how she behaves. The so called "princess behavior" can be learned, but I'm not sure Charlene can. Look how long it's taken her to wear a somewhat proper outfit (dark suit). Unfortunately, her mannerisms are still a bit uncouth.
__________________

__________________
Für Gott, Fürst und Vaterland

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Charlene Wittstock Current Events Part 10: January 2008 - June 2011 Mandy Current Events Archive 722 07-01-2011 12:10 PM
Charlene Wittstock Current Events Part 9 : May 2007 - Jan.2008 Lady Jennifer Current Events Archive 216 01-18-2008 01:43 AM
Charlene Wittstock Current Events 7 : Nov.2006 - Jan.2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 201 01-11-2007 06:35 PM
Charlene Wittstock Current Events 5 : August 2006 tbhrc Current Events Archive 201 08-28-2006 02:07 PM




Popular Tags
best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of cornwall fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy morgan news november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince nicholas prince oscar princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen anne-marie queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margerthe queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania in new zealand queen silvia spanish royal family events state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge hats vatican victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:11 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises