Charlene Wittstock Current Events 8 : Jan.2007 - May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm not sure for what she was being photographed in the first set of photos (b/c her hair was a mess, due to the wind, and photos were still being shot), in the second set of photos with Albert, I think she looks confident and lovely.

paca said:
Iceflower the first pic in the stadium set is just great....the look .... :D
I agree, very well chosen of the many pics, Iceflower! :) :) :)

I'm also a bit confused about the pics of the photoshoot, Charlene is not a model, what could these pictures be for???

The following pic is one for the tabloids, I can easily imagine their headlines and articles, when looking at it. It looks as they had kissed each other, but I'm sure they did not ;) :)

Charlene and Albert

iceflower said:
The following pic is one for the tabloids, I can easily imagine their headlines and articles, when looking at it. It looks as they had kissed each other, but I'm sure they did not ;) :)

Charlene and Albert
:lol: :lol: :lol: I think he just wants a better look...

I think she looks a little better. Still, those kind of tank tops she wears (such as in the photo shoot pic 3) are not flttering on her muscular shoulders.

Miss Wittstock

Sorry Miss Wittstock's hair looks unkept like that of Vivien Leigh in "A Streetcar Named Desire" Or is that a Henry Miller moment who desired all women to have their hair wild & unkept?Miss Wittstock's black pantsuit appears like her affluent relatives passed it down to her & thus I think it is inappropriate to appear in standing next to a Head of State. I perceive no loveliness and no confidence but that is my opinion JMO> The fashion shoot in the tank top was a Joan Crawford [as Adrian the Hollywood designer created shoulder pads for her]moment for me...and I am clueless as to its purpose and could care less.
We have lost our way,without a dream. But there is always a candle dancing in our hands. So the darkness we are entering is our future sleep getting shorter and shorter.Some are feeble to jump the barrier of the worst; run the perilous race; hunt on even beyond;This is where I cease to comment on this topic any more without betraying myself.A faint thanks given and received for those of you who have read me on this thread. I disappear now to other threads without too much paraphernalia and a milliner's & a hairdresser's appointment who will hopefully take the bats flying around for years out of my tresses pending.God Bless you one & all.

Last edited:
Well, we don't hear nothing for last few weeks and now...here she is again.

iceflower said:
On Saturday, Charlene had a photoshooting in Monaco:
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Why does she have a photoshoot with her belly showing if she is trying for the next Princess of Monaco title?

She wants to show that her belly skin can stretch.;)

Thanks Tosca. can't help but notice that he seems much more interested in the game than in her.:rolleyes:

Ghislaine said:
They look like they're having the time of their lives :wub::wub:

Really? She looks like she's modeling for the camera. He seems focused on the game. They might as well be sitting in two separate areas of the stadium.

Why, after a year, must she still act like a child (similar to how she acted at the Grand Prix)? Why can't she just sit still and behave like a grown woman? :neutral:

BurberryBrit said:
Really? She looks like she's modeling for the camera. He seems focused on the game. They might as well be sitting in two separate areas of the stadium.

Why, after a year, must she still act like a child (similar to how she acted at the Grand Prix)? Why can't she just sit still and behave like a grown woman? :neutral:

I agree - she is either not that bright and/or savvy, or she intends to act like an outcast at public events - as if she's the country mouse in the city. PA should be embarrassed by her obvious antics and either educate her as to how his dates should behave, or move on. It doesn't make him look good to have someone so socially clueless around.

Horseygal said:
I agree - she is either not that bright and/or savvy, or she intends to act like an outcast at public events - as if she's the country mouse in the city. PA should be embarrassed by her obvious antics and either educate her as to how his dates should behave, or move on. It doesn't make him look good to have someone so socially clueless around.

First love your name! Now for Charlene - She has had a year for "princess training' and I give her an F she has learned nothing except not to wear halter tops to every single event. But then she didn't learn to get a tailor either. She is either stupid or doesn't feel she needs to learn how to behave since Albert seems to like her just as she is. This is the next princess of monaco an imature uneducated unwilling to learn blonde. Forget comparing her to Princess Grace, my daughter has better sense than this one! But you have to give her credit, she will get the tiara no matter what and just like any child she will be proud.

hibou said:
First love your name! Now for Charlene - She has had a year for "princess training' and I give her an F she has learned nothing except not to wear halter tops to every single event. But then she didn't learn to get a tailor either. She is either stupid or doesn't feel she needs to learn how to behave since Albert seems to like her just as she is. This is the next princess of monaco an imature uneducated unwilling to learn blonde. Forget comparing her to Princess Grace, my daughter has better sense than this one! But you have to give her credit, she will get the tiara no matter what and just like any child she will be proud.

I think if that were to happen, Albert's sisters would not participate at all, nor put up a united front. He would be stuck to manage it all with Charlene??? The sisters have played a different kind of role than they would have - a more active role, because of the early death of their mother. They are much more involved & I do not think the people of Monaco would care much for Charlene to trump them, as she would have a lot more leverage as Alberts wife than she does now. I think once Charlene figured out she had some leverage, she would use it over them if she thinks she can- she seems to be the type that would want to be Queen Bee no matter who it offended. No one would be able to relegate her to the back row when she doesn't behave herself. Not that she would have much of a fan base - Everyone would be loyal to the sisters. I can't imagine anyone would welcome having her at the Palace either or having to tolerate her, as her bravado would be so much worse than it is now. But I do think Albert is smart enough to see what might transpire, I hope! (I don't doubt the sisters will fill him in).

The two of them could be very lonely & I don't think either one of them like each other enough to be stuck with only each other's company. (JMO)

Last edited:
sandsla said:
I think if that were to happen, Albert's sisters would not participate at all, nor put up a united front. He would be stuck to manage it all with Charlene??? The sisters have played a different kind of role than they would have - a more active role, because of the early death of their mother. They are much more involved & I do not think the people of Monaco would care much for Charlene to trump them, as she would have a lot more leverage as Alberts wife than she does now. I think once Charlene figured out she had some leverage, she would use it over them if she thinks she can- she seems to be the type that would want to be Queen Bee no matter who it offended. No one would be able to relegate her to the back row when she doesn't behave herself. Not that she would have much of a fan base - Everyone would be loyal to the sisters. I can't imagine anyone would welcome having her at the Palace either or having to tolerate her, as her bravado would be so much worse than it is now. But I do think Albert is smart enough to see what might transpire, I hope! (I don't doubt the sisters will fill him in).

The two of them could be very lonely & I don't think either one of them like each other enough to be stuck with only each other's company. (JMO)

I don't think Stephanie would do that to him. I can see Caroline getting her nose out of joint and turning her back for a while, but not Stephanie. I think she is too loyal to him. She might be cold towards Charlene but not Albert. JMO

when it comes down to it, if he loves her enough to marry her, it doesnt really matter how she acts, whether shes "princessy" enough or not. so if he is gonig to make her the next princess of monaco, she will be. maybe the fact that she "acts like a child" is one of the reasons hes still with her? and being "uneducated & blonde" seems to have gotten her far enough!

sandsla said:
Brilliant observation -- it may be why they need to keep partying at night. I've often wondered what they do talk about. I can't imagine anything worse than being lonely in a relationship.

Countess Lissa said:
when it comes down to it, if he loves her enough to marry her, it doesnt really matter how she acts, whether shes "princessy" enough or not. so if he is gonig to make her the next princess of monaco, she will be. maybe the fact that she "acts like a child" is one of the reasons hes still with her? and being "uneducated & blonde" seems to have gotten her far enough!
But then what? What is considered tolerable in an "official companion" may not be in a princess. And I don't think that "far enough" is sustainable for the long haul.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghislaine said:
They look like they're having the time of their lives :wub::wub:
:D :D :D indeed, they do. The happiness just radiates off them.

hibou said:
Forget comparing her to Princess Grace, my daughter has better sense than this one!

:ROFLMAO:

I agree with you all that sisters wouldn't tolarate her!
I know that I wouldn't be happy if my brother married someone like that.

shappica said:
:ROFLMAO:

I agree with you all that sisters wouldn't tolarate her!
I know that I wouldn't be happy if my brother married someone like that.

the thing is, it could be all a power game.....who will influence power the most over Albert.... Both Caroline and Stephanie have wielded their influence over him in the past and I don't see any relationship changing that. Btw, I believe Albert is ultimately the one making decisions. He might take a piece of good advice from trusted people more often....especially regarding his relationships.

Countess Lissa said:
I can understand how a simple, clueless girl could be enchanting to an older guy like Albert who has seen it all. But unfortunately that wears off pretty quick once in a real life (marriage/kids). He won't be there to lead her every step, he got a work to do. If she won't be able to take care of the business in the Palace and Monaco by herself, both of them are for a big surprise. Just to have a support of one man even a prince it won't help much. If Monaco's "social-ladies" decide to take her down, she is going down. They almost drove Grace out of Monaco, and P. Grace had so much going for her which Charlene will never come even close to.

tammy81 said:
Btw, I believe Albert is ultimately the one making decisions.
That is true, but he will have to live with that decision for the rest of his life. If he makes a mistake it is going to be a BIG one.
On the other hand he is already used to that.:bang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone seen or have her most recent Bunte article I believe it is in this week edition? Could you post if you have it? Thanks!

hibou said:
Has anyone seen or have her most recent Bunte article I believe it is in this week edition? Could you post if you have it? Thanks!
Nope, but I think she has been swimming in the Monaco pool this evening while Albert was attending an event next door. Well,I wouldn't call what she did swimming, but hey she was wet and in the water. maybe she was having a break ;)

hibou said:

I read it and it was an interview about swimming and her plans for Peking, why she prefers Europe as a place to do training and to find sponsors, no personal questions, these have surely been forbidden.
And it all explained why those pictures were made, they are for her sponsor Audi, the car she posed with was an Audi.

Romy said:
I read it and it was an interview about swimming and her plans for Peking, why she prefers Europe as a place to do training and to find sponsors, no personal questions, these have surely been forbidden.
And it all explained why those pictures were made, they are for her sponsor Audi, the car she posed with was an Audi.

Thanks Romy what are her plans for Peking?

hibou said:
Thanks Romy what are her plans for Peking?
didn't she say already after the competion that she just wanted to qualify? I think the boasting about getting a medal was in the beginning . Now she contents herself with wanting to qualify. Well, let's see if she does. If she doesn't then she will surely quitt swimming before peking and focus on the tiara. I would love to know though why she prefers Europe since last year she was promoting this place in South Africa ( forgot the name but apparently she quitt quickly there and went back with her old coach?). So which reasons apart from being near Albert does she give?

Last edited:
Apparently in the Bunte article Charlene mentions that she is going to be in Tunisia in July does anyone know what for?

Countess Lissa said:

Well, that's simply not true. Love is not the only consideration for a Head of State. It's got to be a working relationship. Charlene would have a HUGE responsibility of representing Monaco/Monegasques at home and abroad so it surely does matter how she behaves. The so called "princess behavior" can be learned, but I'm not sure Charlene can. Look how long it's taken her to wear a somewhat proper outfit (dark suit). Unfortunately, her mannerisms are still a bit uncouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom