Charlene Wittstock Current Events 8 : Jan.2007 - May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I can't say I'm disappointed she didn't turn up at the Rose Ball in one of those halter dresses. There is only so much we can take.:wacko:

Does anybody know the heck where Charlene is since she wasn't at the Rose Ball? This relationship just keeps getting stranger and stranger.

I think she has finally left the scene.

Stellad

SHHH! If we start mentioning her again, she re-appears. Its like a really creepy curse!

Note: This is not my opinion about Charlene, just the weird coincidence.

I'm hoping she makes it back so we can get to Part 9.

Beware! The curse works! :lol:

Until the information is confirmed by a more reliable source (I'm not sure how trustworthy is Frau im Spiegel), I'm a bit sceptical, but remembering the past... The curse has always worked, so.. :ROFLMAO:

Well if they were in the Bahamas at the time of his birthday they would have had a hard time getting any privacy. That was the time of the Anna Nicole funeral and photographers were everywhere! A pic of these two having yet another lovers holiday would bring big $$$. So I doubt they were there in March. But Daddy Wittstock did say they were there last fall! Sounds like a slow week for the press. But don't worry we still have the Grand Prix to place our bets on!

I'm predicting another "exclusive" article from one of Charlene's relatives...

Irish ladybug said:
Does anybody know the heck where Charlene is since she wasn't at the Rose Ball? This relationship just keeps getting stranger and stranger.

Wasn't she in Melbourne to take part in the Swimming World Championship?

Tosca said:
Wasn't she in Melbourne to take part in the Swimming World Championship?
No. She didn't qualify. And if she continues this non-appearance at swimming events, she won't qualify for the Games either. She spend the better part of last year saying that she was training for the Olympics, but only appeared at one event... :ermm:

News About Charlene

From Nuoto.it
Concerning South Africa Swimming Championship

It seams that "The local Idol" Charlene Wittstock finished the 50 mts backstroke competition on 3° positions.
They also stated that Charlene Wittstock became famous for a love story with prince Albert.

Here the photo that a fan sent to the web site.

Fabiola Molina (Brasil), Sophie Edington (Australia), Charlene Wittstock ( S. Africa)

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e64/evkaterina/principesco.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
LadyMichelle said:
From Nuoto.it
Concerning South Africa Swimming Championship

It seams that "The local Idol" Charlene Wittstock finished the 50 mts backstroke competition on 3° positions.
They also stated that Charlene Wittstock became famous for a love story with prince Albert.

Here the photo that a fan sent to the web site.

Fabiola Molina (Brasil), Sophie Edington (Australia), Charlene Wittstock ( S. Africa)

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e64/evkaterina/principesco.jpg
Quite interesting win considerring that she finnished 24th the first day of the competition. She's also moving to europe(perhaps monaco) to train. In her interview she states:"This is wonderful, I have only been training for three months and now I have a title." very dubious, I wonder how those girls who have been seriously training felt about that. another italian magazine chi, stated that our swimmer accompanied albert on his birthday four weeks ago in canada.

Last edited:
brother said:
Quite interesting win considerring that she finnished 24th the first day of the competition. She's also moving to europe(perhaps monaco) to train. In her interview she states:"This is wonderful, I have only been training for three months and now I have a title." very dubious, I wonder how those girls who have been seriously training felt about that. another italian magazine chi, stated that our swimmer accompanied albert on his birthday four weeks ago in canada.
Very interesting comeback indeed. . .:ermm:

She's also very cocky.

Last edited:
Is she still with Albert or she's not?:ermm:

according to media and other sources they are still together, but perhaps not often enough since she wants to move to europe. i would imagine that if she stays in SA to train her time for traveling to see albert would be limited therefore she wants to come closer. Training in Europe is very expensive compared to SA so I wonder who will sponsor her...

brother said:
according to media and other sources they are still together, but perhaps not often enough since she wants to move to europe. i would imagine that if she stays in SA to train her time for traveling to see albert would be limited therefore she wants to come closer. Training in Europe is very expensive compared to SA so I wonder who will sponsor her...

Actually there is apparently a Bunte article when Albert was at the Laurntis(SP) awards (and surrounded by women), was asked whether he and Charlene were still to together and he didn't answer. Why would Bunte of all magazines who had been promoting them as a couple so heavily the last year now ask if they were still together? Also I think in winning a medal last week she may have been able to retain her swimming stipend again which I think she lost last August because she hadn't competed enough. I don't think that is enough money to train in Europe so she would have to get money from somewhere. I don't think Albert would spend huge sums of money on an athlete (even it it was his girlfriend) if they weren't swimming for Monaco. JMO

hibou said:
Actually there is apparently a Bunte article when Albert was at the Laurntis(SP) awards (and surrounded by women), was asked whether he and Charlene were still to together and he didn't answer. Why would Bunte of all magazines who had been promoting them as a couple so heavily the last year now ask if they were still together? Also I think in winning a medal last week she may have been able to retain her swimming stipend again which I think she lost last August because she hadn't competed enough. I don't think that is enough money to train in Europe so she would have to get money from somewhere. I don't think Albert would spend huge sums of money on an athlete (even it it was his girlfriend) if they weren't swimming for Monaco. JMO

Two thoughts here...
First...I don't think Albert would ever comment on a relationship to the press so his refusal to acknowledge that question is not all that telling. It's difficult to tell if the relationship is cooling or not...personally, I think she may be in the "fade to black" phase but you never know. He's purposely keeping a low profile with this since there has been a bit of backlash -- more focus on his private life than his public policy so he's probably retooling with whom and where he is seen.

Second, one 3rd place finish doesn't necessarily mean that she gets her stipend back. I think Charlene would have to perform more consistently in order to get back in SA's swimming federation's good graces. In the past few years, she hasn't been that much of a sure thing so folks may be more prone to think twice before lavishing money on her.

Last edited:
"Due to royal protocol, Wittstock would not discuss her relationship with the prince, but said she was very happy. "

that says it all doesn't it....they are clearly still together otherwise she wouldn't be so desperate to move and train in europe

Interesting article; thanks for the link Stacey.
Few items to note: (1) I loved the part about not being able to comment on the relationship due to royal protocol...hasn't stopped her family before; and (2) I thought it was interesting that the article more or less focused on her relationship with Albert rather than her swimming career; and (3) I like the idea that she is more "laid back" than previous "diva" girlfriends -- does anyone else interpret that to mean -- more tolerant of his extracurricular "flirtations?"

pinklady1991 said:
Few items to note: (1) I loved the part about not being able to comment on the relationship due to royal protocol...hasn't stopped her family before; and (2) I thought it was interesting that the article more or less focused on her relationship with Albert rather than her swimming career; and (3) I like the idea that she is more "laid back" than previous "diva" girlfriends -- does anyone else interpret that to mean -- more tolerant of his extracurricular "flirtations?"

Absolutely! As I said before they are friends with benefits.;)

pinklady1991 said:
dearest pinklady,
My goodness whatever happened to the Miss Wittstock who gave us a comprehensive reportage of her first date with the Prince? Who was splashed all over Paris Match in pictures?Whatever happened to Miss Wittstock who has nothing to hide and so now gives titillating intimations, innuendo& defers to royal protocol which she is a part of suddenly? This is indeed a latently declasse and insolent manner to acknowledge that royal protocol does exist and that one realizes it two years into a public relationship.It is insulting to the average bear's intelligence.
When you are the "official companion" and thus the concubine are you allowed or forbidden your pedestrianism?[ability to travel hither and yon?] I keep forgetting.........I was in a harem in my past life and cannot remember....The impetuosity of sentiments does do a lot but this is a marked improvement if it does in fact mean or signify anything of things to come.JMO

Last edited:
pinklady1991 said:

Hi Pink, Yes the article tends to focus on their relationship because she hasn't done much lately, and as for her recent accomplishment it was my understanding that the top swimmers weren't there because they have already qualified and are focusing on July which is the Olympic qualifer. Also as for her laid back attitude what self respecting women puts up with multiple friends with benefits. she's not laid back she is determined to get the tiara at any cost. Actually I think once she gets it Albert might find himself swimming with a Barracuda. JMO

Jaya I agree with our comments.

Let's not get off topic with this thread. This is a thread for her current events, not the "Albert & his other girlfriends" thread. What's the past is the past, there is no need to keep bringing it up.

Princely Family of Monaco Moderators

Filipa, thank you for link.
I'm surprised Charlene appears publicly with Albert. I thought they were not together any longer...

Pics 5.+6.5.2007

On Saturday, Charlene had a photoshooting in Monaco:
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Here are some pics of her with Albert on Sunday: Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock watch from the stands Monaco vs Marseille French Premier League football game at the Louis II stadium in Monaco, on May 6, 2007.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Iceflower the first pic in the stadium set is just great....the look .... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom