The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 04:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyS
Not a problem. Although IMO he had a quite a few designs that I personally thought would have suited Charlene better than those that were chosen.
Spero Villioti undresses the woman and he does not dress her.The green pseudo brocade evening dress worn by Miss Wittstock to the Ball had a slit up the front of the dress{Brooke Astor's worst nightmare}and was halter which again compacts the chest.The bridal gowns are mediocre as they are strapless and more suited to to being white evening gowns. A wedding gown is like that of Princess Letizia's by Pertegaz covering the anatomy because it is like a vestment to take one through a religious rite of passage and with a long veil for a state occasion.There is a surfeit of innovation and revisionism in these gowns to be suitable.Lastly I noticed that Miss Wittstock did not wear stockings either to the Ball in Monaco or to the Amade function although I am certain an air conditioner must have been on nonetheless.So much for finishing schools and the rules of attire that are in accordance with propriety.I did not like the Villioti dress on Miss Wittstock but that is I. JMO.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya
Spero Villioti undresses the woman and he does not dress her.The green pseudo brocade evening dress worn by Miss Wittstock to the Ball had a slit up the front of the dress{Brooke Astor's worst nightmare}and was halter which again compacts the chest.The bridal gowns are mediocre as they are strapless and more suited to to being white evening gowns. A wedding gown is like that of Princess Letizia's by Pertegaz covering the anatomy because it is like a vestment to take one through a religious rite of passage and with a long veil for a state occasion.There is a surfeit of innovation and revisionism in these gowns to be suitable.Lastly I noticed that Miss Wittstock did not wear stockings either to the Ball in Monaco or to the Amade function although I am certain an air conditioner must have been on nonetheless.So much for finishing schools and the rules of attire that are in accordance with propriety.I did not like the Villioti dress on Miss Wittstock but that is I. JMO.
I don't like this dress at all and not appropriate for the type of function she was attending. Notice how Caroline is dressed. Putting the two side by side would have demonstrated the worst and best fashion statements of the evening!

Old 02-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doņa Alicia
I couldn't agree more. Her gown was entirely inappropriate for the occasion. She was trying to hard to call attention to herself instead of calling attention to the cause. I believe Miss Wittstock requires a large dose of humility and a larger dose of class and sophistication. She should have used her hostess, our dear Princess Caroline, as an example on how to dress and carry herself at such events. Will CW ever learn?
She is inappropriate for the occasion, i canīt believe sheīs still around, she just doesnīt fit, please get her out of your lives!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

I liked her dress.. She looked beautiful
Old 02-22-2007, 10:33 AM
Nobility

It seems that not only albert but the rest of his family like charlene and don't seem to judge her on her fashion sense. They obviously know her better than us who only read about her .
If she beomes engaged they will change her to the perfectly styled princess.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seto
It seems that not only albert but the rest of his family like charlene and don't seem to judge her on her fashion sense. They obviously know her better than us who only read about her .
you may not have seen the pictures, but caro and pierre look miserable. They invited her because if would have looked rude and not polite for one of them to be in SA and not invite charlene since she lives there. the dress is totally inapropriate for the event and isn't for someone shaped like charlene. To me it looks like a night gown. this spero vilotti is wasting her money.
the sad part is that she doesn't have fashion sense herself, nor sense of ridiculous.
jaya, you had a gemm of a post. Totally agree
Old 02-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Please no speculation!

I don't believe anyone knows the true motives of the invitation. Nor should we take a guess on whether or not anyone is miserable based upon a few photos. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.....but let the discussion be based on facts and not speculation.

All remaining speculative posts will be edited and/or deleted without notice. If you have any questions, please contact any of the moderators via PM.

Thank you.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
I found one more pic from Charlene's and Albert's winter holidays and I think it has not been posted before. It shows them together with the lady who owns the restaurant the visited:
Charlene and Albert 3.1.2007
since i can't say anything good about her, i shall remain quite. But i do have a question what are those big aluminum bows in the background of the photo of the prince and his official companion?
Old 02-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Nobility

They look like balloons to me.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Nobility

I don't think Caroline looks miserable. I don't know what word I want to use.. stately?...proper?...regal?....resigned?... None of these really say what I'm thinking, but I don't think it is miserable. Perhaps subdued is the word I should use. It is a benfit function, not really a party or ball. So thats the word I will pick. She looks appropriately subdued.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by brother
you may not have seen the pictures, but caro and pierre look miserable. They invited her because if would have looked rude and not polite for one of them to be in SA and not invite charlene since she lives there. the dress is totally inapropriate for the event and isn't for someone shaped like charlene. To me it looks like a night gown. this spero vilotti is wasting her money.
the sad part is that she doesn't have fashion sense herself, nor sense of ridiculous.
jaya, you had a gemm of a post. Totally agree
I so agree, jaya's first post was brilliant. I thought Caroline looked very poised considering the situation - She has learned from her Mother. it is hard to say why she was there but it totally distracted from the charity Caroline was trying to promote.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Spero Villioti undresses the woman and he does not dress her.The green pseudo brocade evening dress worn by Miss Wittstock to the Ball had a slit up the front of the dress{Brooke Astor's worst nightmare}and was halter which again compacts the chest.Lastly I noticed that Miss Wittstock did not wear stockings either to the Ball in Monaco or to the Amade function although I am certain an air conditioner must have been on nonetheless.So much for finishing schools and the rules of attire that are in accordance with propriety.I did not like the Villioti dress on Miss Wittstock but that is I. JMO.
Actually, it's mid summer in SA so I don't blame her for not wearing hosiery...in fact, it's become very common for women not to wear it all. Current styles show too much skin and shoes that are sandals -- hosiery would have been a bigger faux pas. I do admit, however, that the style doesn't really flatter Charlene much. She needs to learn how to balance her broad shoulders with narrow hips and use a fuller cut skirt and strapless (but not tasteless).

I think that women need to rediscover that the secret to dressing "sexy" is to show enough to get a man's attention but cover enough to remain a mystery. (That and make sure the style and fit suit you. It's all about proportion.)
Old 02-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
Actually, it's mid summer in SA so I don't blame her for not wearing hosiery...in fact, it's become very common for women not to wear it all. Current styles show too much skin and shoes that are sandals -- hosiery would have been a bigger faux pas. I do admit, however, that the style doesn't really flatter Charlene much. She needs to learn how to balance her broad shoulders with narrow hips and use a fuller cut skirt and strapless (but not tasteless).

I think that women need to rediscover that the secret to dressing "sexy" is to show enough to get a man's attention but cover enough to remain a mystery. (That and make sure the style and fit suit you. It's all about proportion.)
hello pinklady,
Yes Miss Wittstock needs to balance her androgynous anatomy within the concept of attire.Miss Wittstock has left no mystery for me personally. I do not think the lady may lead by example.
As far as hosiery it is within the Savoire Faire and the Savoire Vivre; the rules of good conduct and graduating finishing school to wear hosiery except under very extenuating circumstances.[tropical India or Mauritius] However nowadays young ladies tend not to wear their panties either . Or they place their panties around their shoulders feigning confusion.Happily they do not get past me if I have a function. Hosiery and undergarments are imperatives not only for propriety but not to get a chill.
"Sexy" is for the boudoir and not the salon. It is a feeling more than a particular manner or mode of dressing.Princess Grace taught us that.She was very sexy all covered up and Hitchcock has attested to it. Better yet Cary Grant attested to it too and one never disagress with the impecccably sexy Cary.JMO

Quote:
We are not just alluding to Miss Wittstock's "fashion sensibility" . The gown is a para -signifier of other things and attributes the lady displays through her dress sense. If you read Heraclitus the dress is unrelated to fashion... the sun is unrelated to sunniness;it is a giveaway,a harbinger, for other things and while some are striving to evaluate; some are seeking to ascertain... If the Grimaldis choose to be blind to this and blind to lack of academic qualification and blind to correct comportment and blind to undignified postures then they may have Miss Wittstock. What baffles me is the fact that certain individuals believe that a woman who is nearly thirty can and would be metamorphosed by a betrothal and these characteristics of banal exhibitionism would not then be heightened but honed and flattened or cultivated to correctness.JMO
Old 02-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Serene Highness

If Charlene is going to be paraded as the official companion of Prince Albert, then she should have received some training on how to dress and act. I'm sorry, but her hair looks aweful. And bravo to pinky for saying she needs to dress for her shape! She could look much more elegant with the right dress, hair and makeup. And what's sad is, I think she's actually trying. Perhaps she should ask Caroline for advice on dressing and whatnot.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 02-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
If Charlene is going to be paraded as the official companion of Prince Albert, then she should have received some training on how to dress and act. I'm sorry, but her hair looks aweful. And bravo to pinky for saying she needs to dress for her shape! She could look much more elegant with the right dress, hair and makeup. And what's sad is, I think she's actually trying. Perhaps she should ask Caroline for advice on dressing and whatnot.
Thanks for that insight.
Yes I agree so wholeheartedly that there is a draconian effort on Miss Wittstock's part to surpass herself and dress in an appropriate manner.But having looked at her gowns I do not think that Miss Wittstock will take criticism easily because the nature of her attire does not bespeak one who is told but one who tells others.At the age of thirty what room for training will a lady listen to.? By then one has inevitably developed the definitive nature and proclivity to dress, speak interact etc.And yes the proportions and dress for shape of Pinklady were brilliant points. I maybe wrong. regarding what I now see but time will tell..JMO
Old 02-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
We are not just alluding to Miss Wittstock's "fashion sensibility" . The gown is a para -signifier of other things and attributes the lady displays through her dress sense. If you read Heraclitus the dress is unrelated to fashion... the sun is unrelated to sunniness;it is a giveaway,a harbinger, for other things and while some are striving to evaluate; some are seeking to ascertain... If the Grimaldis choose to be blind to this and blind to lack of academic qualification and blind to correct comportment and blind to undignified postures then they may have Miss Wittstock. What baffles me is the fact that certain individuals believe that a woman who is nearly thirty can and would be metamorphosed by a betrothal and these characteristics of banal exhibitionism would not then be heightened but honed and flattened or cultivated to correctness.JMO
I think that the royals know her better than the people on this board do. I did not say she would be metamorphosed by marriage. I think that she can learn and adapt to the role if need be. To me you are never too old to learn or do anything if you put your mind to it. Life experiences also count as education. I also think there is more to being royal than what you wear and how you sit. For me it is simple if Albert loves her and his family accepts her that is all that matters because no one is going to change that.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Gentry

Quote:
For me it is simple if Albert loves her and his family accepts her that is all that matters because no one is going to change that.
That is a fine point. I suppose it is true; it's no one's business but their own. Still, it will pain me to see her as the next princess of Monaco.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I think that the royals know her better than the people on this board do. I did not say she would be metamorphosed by marriage. I think that she can learn and adapt to the role if need be. To me you are never too old to learn or do anything if you put your mind to it. Life experiences also count as education. I also think there is more to being royal than what you wear and how you sit. For me it is simple if Albert loves her and his family accepts her that is all that matters because no one is going to change that.
Hi Seto with all due respect, Charlene has had a year to learn to adapt, to learn or at least ask what is appropriate to wear to events, she had access to protocal people if she so desired to learn. She spent time in Paris and could have continued her formal education. She professed to be training which it appears she has not been doing seriously. If this past year is a window into what is to come, it will be one faux pas after another. If they were not royals then you would be correct that if Albert loves her it is all that matters. Unfortunately, there is a job that comes with the marriage and it's a big one! She doesn't seem to grasp what she needs to do. She just strikes me as too self- centered to care. JMO
Old 02-22-2007, 04:22 PM
Nobility

I think time will tell as far as charlene is concerned. I also think that with carolines help she will be fine not perfect but fine. I don't know her as none of us do so I can't say what kind of job she will do I also can't say she won't be able to handle it.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doņa Alicia
That is a fine point. I suppose it is true; it's no one's business but their own. Still, it will pain me to see her as the next princess of Monaco.
Apologies Seto,
I have to agree with the aforementioned statements entirely. of Dona Alicia...
One has to have a natural aptitude to be called to be "purple". One must have a certain spirituality and physicality which touces at the vortex.Otherwise you are just a commoner loved by a royal by birth .You have power by association but you yourself have not.You are forgetting that there is a difference between reading the Bible, Shakespeare and the today's newspaper.
Your syllogism runs like this; because potentially somone loves a newspaper;they will somehow transform it or pass it off or revise the thousands of years of history encircling it and uphold it to "purple"" status. Remember sovereigns were originally able to give catalysis.[the sacrament]
Of all my misgivings regarding Miss Wittstock I would probably be flexible to all except that she is not spiritually inclined because if she was her attire at the function for needy children would have reflected what was in her soul and spirituality.There is a mystifying attachment between the potential position and not much else I perceive.There is a potential bulemia based in vainglory from the last public appearance that is disconcerting.
The duality of Miss Wittstock has worried some of us in that she portrays by her public displays of affection and indiscretions that she is unconcerned with impressions and then the lady wears a very "impressive" gown meant to draw exactly the opposite[could this be disingenuity?] of what she originally seemed not to care about.
Impressions.JMO
You can adapt but if your aptitude is not for the "calling" you are no different than the dentist's wife in the suburbs. And that is the difference we are all looking for and asking for. and have not seen. or felt.the proof after the fact may be too late.And you may know the saying love can cure all but a toothache and poverty.....