The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 01-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,892
I wonder where she was going, why she couldn't have flown with an airline company...
__________________

  #142  
Old 01-05-2007, 12:05 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
cash, gas or something i can't remember but the rest of the saying is that no one rides for free. its just a saying people so dont get up set
i feel sorry for her because she isnt called his girlfriend but his companion. imo, i think its a sad to have such a title, at least with the title girlfriend u hope something will come out of this relationship but with the title companion leaves the future very gray.
i've tried not to watch but its like a train wreck
Yes, it is like a train wreck and being called an official companion (although some of the press captions call her "girlfriend") can't be very pleasant although it's closer to "consort" than "girlfriend" is.

Does anyone think that this facade of attempting a comeback in swimming is part of a larger plan? That is, if she has something she can keep running back to, instead of focusing everything on Albert and her hopes to be the next Pss of Monaco, it makes her more attractive to Albert? Something he can't have so therefore he wants it more? I dunno...just a thought.
__________________

  #143  
Old 01-05-2007, 12:16 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
Yes, it is like a train wreck and being called an official companion (although some of the press captions call her "girlfriend") can't be very pleasant although it's closer to "consort" than "girlfriend" is.

Does anyone think that this facade of attempting a comeback in swimming is part of a larger plan? That is, if she has something she can keep running back to, instead of focusing everything on Albert and her hopes to be the next Pss of Monaco, it makes her more attractive to Albert? Something he can't have so therefore he wants it more? I dunno...just a thought.
I don't think she cares what she is called. I think her swimming facade is close to finished. She did say in the Bunte article she has a surprise for us. I wonder what it is?
  #144  
Old 01-05-2007, 12:32 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,032
im afraid to ask what it is.
when i think of a princess, i think of someone who is refine, mature, gracefull and imo she doesnt fit.
imo his wife should reflect the best of his qualities like putting expensive champagne in beautiful crystal. it reflects the bubbles so nicely but if u put champagne in a plastic cup, its a waste
imo
__________________
ain' no sunshine when i gone
  #145  
Old 01-05-2007, 01:05 AM
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Posts: 7,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
I wonder where she was going, why she couldn't have flown with an airline company...
Maybe she wanted to fly commercial but Albert suggested or insisted she use a private plane. We never know.
Why do people always assume that she is wanting to do this or that. Maybe Albert is the one insisting on all these things.
__________________
"Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed." - Corita Kent
Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

  #146  
Old 01-05-2007, 01:06 AM
Lakshmi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 1,226
It looks Charlene is still around but it doesn't have to mean that her relationship with Albert is serious. I think it never was.
__________________
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.''
Eleanor Roosevelt

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
  #147  
Old 01-05-2007, 06:32 AM
stellad's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , New Zealand
Posts: 688
Charlene is going to be around for a while. In the past she used commercial airlines now she is using a state plane!!!!!

Stellad
  #148  
Old 01-05-2007, 06:38 AM
Grace's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 788
I'm not sure, but it might be Albert's personal plane; plus in Monaco the line between State owned and Princely Family owned is sometimes very fine or even blurred as the Grimaldi basically "own" a part of the State.

BTW, I don't think there is a hieararchy line between being a companion or a girlfriend; some people choose never to marry and they are perfectly fine with it (I have no idea whether this is the case).
  #149  
Old 01-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: newyork, United States
Posts: 479
Talking

Why shouldn't she fly a private plane if her boy friend has it available. Albert probably treats her very well with all the money he has. I think its one of the perks of being his companion.
  #150  
Old 01-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by seto
Why shouldn't she fly a private plane if her boy friend has it available. Albert probably treats her very well with all the money he has. I think its one of the perks of being his companion.
I think the plane is Albert's not Monaco's therefore he can do what he wants with it because he can afford to do so.
  #151  
Old 01-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Alisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer
Maybe she wanted to fly commercial but Albert suggested or insisted she use a private plane. We never know.
Why do people always assume that she is wanting to do this or that. Maybe Albert is the one insisting on all these things.
If you re-read my post, you'll see that I never assumed that it was her decision to use his plane or anyone else's. I just wondered why she couldn't use a commercial airline, I wasn't pointing a finger at anyone.
  #152  
Old 01-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: blablabla, France
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou
I think the plane is Albert's not Monaco's therefore he can do what he wants with it because he can afford to do so.
they took PA's plane from Paris to Austria but from SA to Paris it's commercial one.
  #153  
Old 01-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: blablabla, France
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilae
they took PA's plane from Paris to Austria but from SA to Paris it's commercial one.
excuse me I want to add: Rainier decided on Monaco's properties where family properties. so PA's official jet is PA's private jet.
  #154  
Old 01-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: blabla, Cocos Islands
Posts: 125
albert does not have his own jet, he may be renting , in any case his transportation is paid with public money no matter whether it is for business or pleasure.
  #155  
Old 01-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: blablabla, France
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by brother
albert does not have his own jet, he may be renting , in any case his transportation is paid with public money no matter whether it is for business or pleasure.
Monaco's palace' budget is 50 per cent for private spendings. Don't forget that princely family supervise governemment.
  #156  
Old 01-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilae
excuse me I want to add: Rainier decided on Monaco's properties where family properties. so PA's official jet is PA's private jet.
That's what I thought and I thought I read that Albert inherited it.
  #157  
Old 01-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Casey321's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: , Ireland
Posts: 47
Photos

I can't view the details for those photos - what exactly does it say?

When I first looked at the pics I thought it looked like they were with Charlene's parents - just wondering.
  #158  
Old 01-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: blablabla, France
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey321
I can't view the details for those photos - what exactly does it say?

When I first looked at the pics I thought it looked like they were with Charlene's parents - just wondering.
It wasn't .It was t Lacoste Pa's friend ,bodyguards...
  #159  
Old 01-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: mt. juliet, United States
Posts: 43
Just when you thought she was gone. This relationship is nutty as far as I'm concerned. Makes no sense.
  #160  
Old 01-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish ladybug
Just when you thought she was gone. This relationship is nutty as far as I'm concerned. Makes no sense.
That is the most perfect thing ever written about this relationship!!!!
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Charlene Wittstock Current Events 6 : Aug.2006 - Nov.2006 tbhrc Current Events Archive 203 11-18-2006 08:16 AM
Charlene Wittstock Current Events 5 : August 2006 tbhrc Current Events Archive 201 08-28-2006 03:07 PM
Charlene Wittstock Current Events 3 - June 2006 tbhrc Current Events Archive 205 06-22-2006 03:49 PM
Charlene Wittstock Current Events 2 : April 2006 - June 2006 Elspeth Current Events Archive 396 06-04-2006 01:26 PM
Charlene Wittstock Current Events 1 : March 2006 - April 2006 tiawanika Current Events Archive 413 04-12-2006 01:18 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion current events current events thread duchess of cambridge dutch dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll greece haldane hereditary grand duchess stéphanie kate middleton king abdullah ii king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess eugenie outfit princess marie princess mary princess mary fashion princess victoria fashion queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia cocktail dresses queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde hats queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania daytime fashion queen rania fashion queen rania style royal wedding royal weddings september 2016 sheikha moza state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden swedish royal family summer portraits 2016 the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises