The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Royal Highness

I wonder where she was going, why she couldn't have flown with an airline company...

Old 01-05-2007, 12:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
cash, gas or something i can't remember but the rest of the saying is that no one rides for free. its just a saying people so dont get up set
i feel sorry for her because she isnt called his girlfriend but his companion. imo, i think its a sad to have such a title, at least with the title girlfriend u hope something will come out of this relationship but with the title companion leaves the future very gray.
i've tried not to watch but its like a train wreck
Yes, it is like a train wreck and being called an official companion (although some of the press captions call her "girlfriend") can't be very pleasant although it's closer to "consort" than "girlfriend" is.

Does anyone think that this facade of attempting a comeback in swimming is part of a larger plan? That is, if she has something she can keep running back to, instead of focusing everything on Albert and her hopes to be the next Pss of Monaco, it makes her more attractive to Albert? Something he can't have so therefore he wants it more? I dunno...just a thought.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
Yes, it is like a train wreck and being called an official companion (although some of the press captions call her "girlfriend") can't be very pleasant although it's closer to "consort" than "girlfriend" is.

Does anyone think that this facade of attempting a comeback in swimming is part of a larger plan? That is, if she has something she can keep running back to, instead of focusing everything on Albert and her hopes to be the next Pss of Monaco, it makes her more attractive to Albert? Something he can't have so therefore he wants it more? I dunno...just a thought.
I don't think she cares what she is called. I think her swimming facade is close to finished. She did say in the Bunte article she has a surprise for us. I wonder what it is?
Old 01-05-2007, 12:32 AM
Serene Highness

im afraid to ask what it is.
when i think of a princess, i think of someone who is refine, mature, gracefull and imo she doesnt fit.
imo his wife should reflect the best of his qualities like putting expensive champagne in beautiful crystal. it reflects the bubbles so nicely but if u put champagne in a plastic cup, its a waste
imo
Old 01-05-2007, 01:05 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
I wonder where she was going, why she couldn't have flown with an airline company...
Maybe she wanted to fly commercial but Albert suggested or insisted she use a private plane. We never know.
Why do people always assume that she is wanting to do this or that. Maybe Albert is the one insisting on all these things.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:06 AM
Serene Highness

It looks Charlene is still around but it doesn't have to mean that her relationship with Albert is serious. I think it never was.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 01-05-2007, 06:32 AM
Courtier

Charlene is going to be around for a while. In the past she used commercial airlines now she is using a state plane!!!!!

Stellad
Old 01-05-2007, 06:38 AM
Courtier

I'm not sure, but it might be Albert's personal plane; plus in Monaco the line between State owned and Princely Family owned is sometimes very fine or even blurred as the Grimaldi basically "own" a part of the State.

BTW, I don't think there is a hieararchy line between being a companion or a girlfriend; some people choose never to marry and they are perfectly fine with it (I have no idea whether this is the case).
Old 01-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Nobility

Talking

Why shouldn't she fly a private plane if her boy friend has it available. Albert probably treats her very well with all the money he has. I think its one of the perks of being his companion.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by seto
Why shouldn't she fly a private plane if her boy friend has it available. Albert probably treats her very well with all the money he has. I think its one of the perks of being his companion.
I think the plane is Albert's not Monaco's therefore he can do what he wants with it because he can afford to do so.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer
Maybe she wanted to fly commercial but Albert suggested or insisted she use a private plane. We never know.
Why do people always assume that she is wanting to do this or that. Maybe Albert is the one insisting on all these things.
If you re-read my post, you'll see that I never assumed that it was her decision to use his plane or anyone else's. I just wondered why she couldn't use a commercial airline, I wasn't pointing a finger at anyone.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou
I think the plane is Albert's not Monaco's therefore he can do what he wants with it because he can afford to do so.
they took PA's plane from Paris to Austria but from SA to Paris it's commercial one.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilae
they took PA's plane from Paris to Austria but from SA to Paris it's commercial one.
excuse me I want to add: Rainier decided on Monaco's properties where family properties. so PA's official jet is PA's private jet.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Aristocracy

albert does not have his own jet, he may be renting , in any case his transportation is paid with public money no matter whether it is for business or pleasure.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brother
albert does not have his own jet, he may be renting , in any case his transportation is paid with public money no matter whether it is for business or pleasure.
Monaco's palace' budget is 50 per cent for private spendings. Don't forget that princely family supervise governemment.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilae
excuse me I want to add: Rainier decided on Monaco's properties where family properties. so PA's official jet is PA's private jet.
That's what I thought and I thought I read that Albert inherited it.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Commoner

Photos

I can't view the details for those photos - what exactly does it say?

When I first looked at the pics I thought it looked like they were with Charlene's parents - just wondering.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey321
I can't view the details for those photos - what exactly does it say?

When I first looked at the pics I thought it looked like they were with Charlene's parents - just wondering.
It wasn't .It was t Lacoste Pa's friend ,bodyguards...
Old 01-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Commoner

Just when you thought she was gone. This relationship is nutty as far as I'm concerned. Makes no sense.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish ladybug
Just when you thought she was gone. This relationship is nutty as far as I'm concerned. Makes no sense.
That is the most perfect thing ever written about this relationship!!!!

Closed Thread