The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Serene Highness

Johan, I hope you will keep us posted on any new news articles, we get so few of them from SA- it would be wonderful to see!

Old 12-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Commoner

Just wondering if Charlene has been seen in Monaco recently??

Old 12-02-2006, 09:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan
I think she is either very naive, or very in love or is in someway attracted to the wealth that comes with the position. (Who wouldn't be).
a more emotionally mature person with some substance that can see the double edge sword & as one person sort of put it, they will need real love & support to survive in that position.

Quote:
If she is aware of Albert's infidelity, then I think she should leave him.
But she must come to her senses and realize that Albert will never change his spots.
If she's not in it for a serious relationship & does her own thing as well, I think there is no problem & who knows when or if the relationship is off & on.
Is she is suppose to be his official companion & he takes her to official functions then he should be a little more discreet showing up in tabloids w/ other women (we don't really know?) I would think it humiliating for her if the relationship is meant to be serious.

It's just that in some of his other relationships the women try to hang on deluding themselves of what the relationship really is? I think some people are wondering once again if that's the case? Maybe he is just a fun time for her right now & she is smart enough to know what the relationship is or isn't.

Quote:
She isn't my idea of a fairy princess (Diana in the middle 1980's, and the Crown Princess of Belgium), hopefully she will mature more as she ages.
But I had to come to my fellow South African's rescue as some of the posters were a bit nasty. Come on people at least say she is more pretty than Camilla.
Although, I think she doesn't appear very sophisicated or polished I do think it is unkind to comment on how pretty she is or isn't or her clothes, hair, etc... & besides I think he should help her out w/ formal gowns if he expects her to attend many formal functions as well as airfare? I'm sure he does.

But it's mostly her behavior that many of us think is unattractive & she should be PA's equal & I can't tell you who that reflects worse on - Prince Albert or Charlene? This kind of age difference is kind of nauseating to many women? It doesn't say much for the man & it makes the woman look naive or ambitious in a bad way.

I'm sure she is a nice enough girl & although I think her family should know to protect their privacy. I feel a little sorry for the family being attacked she may not want it either & well you can't pick you relatives. They probably are nice people & we all might have a relation who we couldn't keep quite I'm sure he is just a little excited & naive.

Glad to have you on the board, maybe you can keep us up on her swimming progress, & it's nice to have your perspective.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Aristocracy

Welcome aboard Johan..

It is hard to say which way Charlene is going these days. She sure is not putting many efforts in her swimming career. As far as the romance goes, nobody really has any factual information on the relationship either.. The only information available is the tabloid/media and they are fishing without any bait.. To add fuel to the fire her father’s latest comments are not helping matters look any better; he is also in the dark on his daughter’s relationship.. I do not think he has ever met Prince Albert and his daughter has been associated with the prince for almost a year..

This entire episode of Prince Albert and Charlene has turned into a forest fire with Albert so imbedded he can not feel the flames.. :turned:

I sincerely hope whatever fares out for Prince Albert and Charlene, will be handled in a respectable manner. Prince Albert does not need anymore scandals..
Old 12-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Serene Highness

Does anyone think CW would have been able to be around the way she appeared in Turin and at the Monaco Grand Prix and the Red Cross Ball and such with Albert if Ranier were still around?

Would we know about her this way do you think?
Old 12-04-2006, 11:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
Does anyone think CW would have been able to be around the way she appeared in Turin and at the Monaco Grand Prix and the Red Cross Ball and such with Albert if Ranier were still around?

I think not, since Rainier had a way of silencing the press, and he would have banished her thereafter.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:

I think that is why we didn't see her after the 1st date & interview, plus the age difference - I think he would think PA might need someone more mature?
Old 12-05-2006, 04:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Most certainly not at events in MOnaco or any offical events with other family members participating. BUt you surely would have seen Maledive like pictures. More of those probably.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:26 AM
Serene Highness

Do we really know if Charlene is still with Albert? The only source of info is Bunte andits article about vacations in Florida and the Bahamas. We even don't know any other mags telling about those vacations, so we even don't know if Albert ever went there. And Bunte is a notorious rag...
Wasn't it Bunte that started rumour about Charlene meeting Mr. Barsi, buying of engagement ring, converting to catholic religion, queen Elizabeth II agreement to this or something. All this turned out to be rubbish story.

What if she doesn't appear because it's just over.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 12-05-2006, 07:04 AM
Serene Highness

Just wait for the pics from Bali... There was also this Italian magazine about the reception and before the Bunte article appeared, someone on another board sad that she was in fact at PGA and afterwards in Florida and the Bahamas. There were also the names of the friends whose wedding they attended.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Commoner

Our local YOU Magazine has an article about Charlene swimming in Richards Bay helping young swimmers. www.you.co.za (more pictures in the magazine)
Old 12-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countess Lissa
Our local YOU Magazine has an article about Charlene swimming in Richards Bay helping young swimmers. www.you.co.za (more pictures in the magazine)
Thank you Countess Lissa, What do people really think of her in SA? Some of us are not so sure about her sincerity. I'd love to hear what people there really think. Thanks>
Old 12-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Commoner

Well, some people are excited by the idea that a woman from South Africa could be the next Princess of Monaco. but on the whole it doesnt seem to be a great interest to the average person. there isnt much reported about european royalty, except for the few articles about Charlene Wittstock. The article in the magazine took some of the info from the German magazine Bunte. it just says that they phone each other regularly according to her coach,. nothing really new!
Old 12-23-2006, 10:42 PM
Serene Highness

Princess takes the plunge
Author: By Marie Opperman | date: 21 December 2006
Lovely Charlene Wittstock, tipped to be the next princess of Monaco, is back in SA – and making a splash

this is the link again www.you.co.za (thank you Countess Lissa!)

and that is the headline for the article (I cannot get access to it or the pictures). if anyone knows how, that would be nice, imo.

So, maybe CW really does want to swim for the Olympic team next year and she's not in MC afterall (at least for now)...

Would she be still able to qualify?
Old 12-24-2006, 02:57 AM
Commoner

I think you have to be subscriber to the magazine to access the article -
but it also just says that she is training in Richards Bay as it is quieter and she isn't hassled by the paparazzi.

(Although I have always thought that the paparazzi are able to get anywhere if they really want to)
Old 12-24-2006, 03:18 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countess Lissa
...but it also just says that she is training in Richards Bay as it is quieter and she isn't hassled by the paparazzi.
(Although I have always thought that the paparazzi are able to get anywhere if they really want to)
Yes, but they'd soon tire of taking photos of her swimmimg up and down a pool day after day, and how many such pics would the trash mags want to buy?
Old 12-24-2006, 03:20 AM
Serene Highness

I feel Charlene is not with Albert anymore. It also looks tabloids feel the same. We have not heard about Charlene for a while. The only stories that appear about her in various magazines look like something created by her own PR. These stories appear recently only in SA media, BTW.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 12-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Yes, but they'd soon tire of taking photos of her swimmimg up and down a pool day after day, and how many such pics would the trash mags want to buy?
I don't think a lot unless she was topless.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:07 AM
Commoner

Funny LadyMacAlpine. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone!
Old 12-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Serene Highness

Maybe they aren't together and maybe she's trying to save face by being photographed in a pool. It's interesting that she had a "shoulder injury" while she was Prince Albert's public girlfriend. IMO, she was just competing in the competition for the crown and not focussing on swimming.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Closed Thread