The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 07:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
The pool in Monaco is indefinetely closed (unless it is for her and then you will see some people get unpopular) due to technical reasons. 2 1/2 hours is not enough for anyone who wants to do competitive swimming. I have seen 10 year olds do more then that besides their school hours. What engagements does she have in Monaco besides being at Alberts disposal? She has no official function and se is kept underwraps because she is highly unpopular and damaging to Alberts image in Monaco, where he currently has a very difficult political stand. With her in an official picture, he might as well resign from the state of things. They are trying hard to boost him PR wise but we have seen these short lived efforts over last year a lot, so he will have to prove he is serious and not just serious every few months.
But he is serious only every few months.

And even if PA is having a difficult political stand, he's not going anywhere. He's the reigning prince, the man in charge, his job is permanent.

We all know that our dearest prefers the party, not like he doesn't take his role seriously as I'm sure he does, but come on...

I like parties too

Quote:
Let's hope he had some lessons about the facts of life and how to protect yourself...

Although there is only one thing worse then his marrying Charlene....

Him marrying a pregnant Charlene....

We already had the E list of Royalty for his enthronement, whom will the other families have to digg up for that event?
That would certainly be one for the books, wouldn't it???

We've seen things occur with other princes that raised a few eyebrows in recent years. I bet our Albie could somehow top them all still.

Just when you think you've seen it all...

Could it get worse than that?

Old 11-30-2006, 09:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
That would certainly be one for the books, wouldn't it???

We've seen things occur with other princes that raised a few eyebrows in recent years. I bet our Albie could somehow top them all still.

Just when you think you've seen it all...

Could it get worse than that?
Twins -both male heirs! or maybe it would be more fun 1 girl 1 boy that would like of take care of the other kids in one shot I suppose.

Old 12-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou
Let's face it she's really not training. As everyone said it appears that she isn't putting in the time. What I'm afraid of is that she will get pregnant. Albert will have to marry this one or reallly look like a you know what. He was able to explain Tamara as an oops. Nicole, well it was over... Now with the news that Charlene is still around he would have a hard time explaining this one away if it should happen. JMO
Nooooo, don´t give her ideas!!! I admit this is all very strange,that there are still rumours about her. If she´s waiting for Albert to decide she could have neither the medal nor the tiara.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana
Nooooo, don´t give her ideas!!! I admit this is all very strange,that there are still rumours about her. If she´s waiting for Albert to decide she could have neither the medal nor the tiara.
Well he does date the same type of women, & still can't seem to cut them loose when he should. I don't see why it shouldn't be the same outcome. Charlene is positioned better for the prize she wants & he seems to make it pretty easy for them. In spite of them causing him trouble they're what he likes so it seems. Charlene probably can manage the job more than he can prevent it. If she wasn't in the running we know she wouldn't be quiet. I don't want to imagine what she will be like if she's successful. I'm just disappointed he shows know interest in woman that have the grace & integrity of his mother or just some degree of grace &/or integrity.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Let's hope he had some lessons about the facts of life and how to protect yourself...Although there is only one thing worse then his marrying Charlene....Him marrying a pregnant Charlene....
Paca, I must admit, your thought has crossed my mind.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:39 AM
Courtier

Lets please keep to CURRENT events and not possible (whatever one's feelings on them) happenstances.

Ann
Old 12-01-2006, 06:38 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
She's playing the game very well. I can't believe she's still around. When I look at women like her--not exceptionally pretty, boring, manly looking--it makes me wonder how she even got close enough to Albert to make him notice her? I know that sounds horrible, but what's so special about her? Forgive this quote but I was watching Pride and Prejudice 2 nights ago: "Are the shades of [Monaco] to be thus polluted?"

Can Albert be this stupid? I can't believe he waits for all these years for the right woman but he settles for Charlene. What was the point? It's time to start praying to St. Devote again. And I'm not even Catholique.

The only thing I agree with Dad on is Monaco needs a princess. But, Charlene is not the one.
Hello
My first post on this forum. But I have been lurking in the background. Been hidden, but not in the Monaco palace I'm afriad.

I agree that Charlene isn't very glamorous or exceptionally pretty and don't have the same panache as Grace Kelly. But what makes Albert so special? He is much older than her, bald, have strings of illegitemate children. He has a weird attitude to woman.
To her credit I think she is a much better person than Caroline's husband and Stephanie's bodyguard/circus performer partners.
A few months ago in one of our local (South African) magazines they showed her grandmother and a few other pictures of her family. The seem to be decent loving people.

I would rather prefer an old fashioned (boring) Princess than a Princess with an out of wedlock child, an anullment, and a love of only all things Australian.
But then again, its the glitz and glamour, drama and scandal that is a big attraction in Monaco.

Groete
Johan
(South Africa)
Old 12-01-2006, 07:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan
I agree that Charlene isn't very glamorous or exceptionally pretty and don't have the same panache as Grace Kelly. But what makes Albert so special? He is much older than her, bald, have strings of illegitemate children. He has a weird attitude to woman.
Welcome Johan. I agree with everything that you stated in the above quote except that I think that there is obviously something special about Prince Albert. And yes, Charlene probably does come from decent loving people, as most people do. But may I ask you this one question? If Prince Albert isn't "so special", "bald", "much older than her", "have strings of illegitemate children", and "has a weird attitude to woman", why do you think your fellow South African who probably does come from a decent and loving family is still with him?
Old 12-01-2006, 08:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Hello
My first post on this forum. But I have been lurking in the background. Been hidden, but not in the Monaco palace I'm afriad.

To her credit I think she is a much better person than Caroline's husband and Stephanie's bodyguard/circus performer partners.
A few months ago in one of our local (South African) magazines they showed her grandmother and a few other pictures of her family. The seem to be decent loving people.

I would rather prefer an old fashioned (boring) Princess than a Princess with an out of wedlock child, an anullment, and a love of only all things Australian.
But then again, its the glitz and glamour, drama and scandal that is a big attraction in Monaco.

Groete
Johan
(South Africa)
Welcome, Johan...
I don't think that anyone thinks Charlene is a bad person and for that matter neither is Mette-Marit, Letizia, or Mary. However, we think Charlene is a bit misguided and would be better served if she and her family just kept quiet.

First, if Charlene were a friend of mine and I knew that the man she was allegedly head over heels in love with was publicly fondling and kissing other women, I'd tell her to run as fast as her legs can carry her away from him. I've watched too many of my friends go through this only to end up at their houses opening the wine and passing the Kleenex because Mr. Perfect dumped them again. I don't care if he is a prince: a real prince of a guy would treat you respectfully.

Second, while I don't doubt that her family, particularly her father, is trying to protect Charlene, he's not doing a very good job at it and therefore should just keep quiet. Don't fight every fight or only the fights that you think you can win: fight the fights that need fighting. The clothes comment should have gone unheeded. Albert still looks like he is buying Charlene with fancy vacations and invites to exclusive parties.

If she can survive all of this once the bloom is off the rose, so to speak, more power to her. But my main concern is that Charlene is putting all of her hopes on Albert's marrying her out of desperation. If she is truly a good person who deserves all of the truly good things and happiness that life can bring, why is she putting herself through this with someone who doesn't deserve her?????

Again, JMO, and these are the same things that I would tell my own friends.
Pinky
Old 12-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Hello

Groete
Johan
(South Africa)
Welcome and glad to have you on board. I think the problem with Charlene is that she has not behaved in the way many people thought a future princess should behave in publc. Over the past several months there have been photos and discussions of this. I don't think it has anything to do with her family. I think people want to see a more polished and emotionally mature women in the role because Albert is head of state. Caroline has had her problems and stephanie well she is further down on the line to be head of state so I think people just accept who she is as a person. There is clearly a double standard for those in the public eye but I don't think anyone want's or expects as replacement blonde for Princess Grace who was one of a kind. JMO.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:35 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia
Welcome Johan. I agree with everything that you stated in the above quote except that I think that there is obviously something special about Prince Albert. And yes, Charlene probably does come from decent loving people, as most people do. But may I ask you this one question? If Prince Albert isn't "so special", "bald", "much older than her", "have strings of illegitemate children", and "has a weird attitude to woman", why do you think your fellow South African who probably does come from a decent and loving family is still with him?
I think she is either very naive, or very in love or is in someway attracted to the wealth that comes with the position. (Who wouldn't be).
If she is aware of Albert's infidelity, then I think she should leave him.
But she must come to her senses and realize that Albert will never change his spots.

She isn't my idea of a fairy princess (Diana in the middle 1980's, and the Crown Princess of Belgium), hopefully she will mature more as she ages.
But I had to come to my fellow South African's rescue as some of the posters were a bit nasty. Come on people at least say she is more pretty than Camilla.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I think she is either very naive, or very in love or is in someway attracted to the wealth that comes with the position. (Who wouldn't be).
But she must come to her senses and realize that Albert will never change his spots.

She isn't my idea of a fairy princess (Diana in the middle 1980's, and the Crown Princess of Belgium), hopefully she will mature more as she ages.
But I had to come to my fellow South African's rescue as some of the posters were a bit nasty. Come on people at least say she is more pretty than Camilla.
her wrinkles at 28 are comparable with camilla's at 60, and I haven't seen recently any pic of the duchess when she was in her late twenties in order to make an accurate comparison with albert's companion(I guess charelna lost the 'official' status )
Old 12-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

We appreciate your thoughts and opinions and you sound like a really loyal person a trait to be admired. Don't let contrary opinions get in the way of what you think. This is where we can discuss things and you can't do that without varing opinions - so again welcome and we would love to hear more about the SA view point it's hard not living there to really know what people are thinking!
Old 12-01-2006, 09:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Come on people at least say she is more pretty than Camilla.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
However, personally, I'd die for her legs. :)
Old 12-01-2006, 09:57 AM
Serene Highness

camilla is aging gracefully, her inner beauty and natural gracefullness imo is evident. charlene looks much older than her age and is not pretty in anyway. sorry to offend anyone it's just my opinion. to me her desperation in hanging on after its plain to see he isn't faithful (and thus doesn't love her) is ugly to see. despite the glamour and high life, i would think the life of a royal would be a hard job at times and unbearable unless you had a loving partner you could trust and respect.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Come on people at least say she is more pretty than Camilla.
They do have a similar mouth though when they are smiling. Although I think that Charlene is a bit prettier than Camilla at the same age, I have to say that she has aged well, which one can not say about some women who were considered beauties while young (just recently saw a Pic of Michelle Mercier, who is famous in France for her role as ANgelique and was quite the stunner, and the way she looks now, you wouldn't have guessed). Let's compare them again when Charlene has reached Camilla's age.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Gentry

From Italian Magazine Novella 2000

This is part of one article we can read on Italian Magazine NOVELLA 2000 ( Gossip Magazine). web site http://novella2000.corriere.it/

Title: La storia con Charlene Continua.

Charlene? “Disparue”, scomparsa, dice allargando le braccia un'anziana monegasca, sinceramente dispiaciuta che la favola d'amore tra Alberto II e la bella nuotatrice sudafricana possa non avere l'happy end delle nozze, che tutti, nel Principato, sperano. Perché da troppi anni, ovvero dalla morte di Grace Kelly, sentono la mancanza di una principessa consorte.
Ma mentre tutto il mondo crede che la storia sia finita e i settimanali rosa titolano inesorabili: “Addio, Charlene”, i due continuano ad amarsi in segreto.
E Novella è in grado di rivelare che proprio in questi giorni la dolce sudafricana è volata a Montecarlo e che, stando a quanto ci hanno rivelato intimi della Rocca, Alberto abbia organizzato una cena in suo onore, con una cinquantina di persone, tutti amici strettissimi del principe, all'interno del palazzo.

--------------------------------------------------------------

It seams that Charlene comes back in Monaco, and Albert organize a dinner for her with 50 friends. The magazine says that they are still in love, but in "Secret".

Old 12-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana
but what's wrong with CW being the mistress? If Albert is messing around, he may as well mess around with her (I guess).

I mean she can get ALL the perks with absolutely NONE of the obligations right?

So what to what people think, they're not paying her rent. She needs to have a place to stay and things to do, and she cannot be around PA unless he allows it. Surely CW should understand by now that PA has many women he can call on anytime he wants to. If she choses to ignore it, that's her business. She should know clearly that PA can replace her anytime but she cannot replace him.

If PA is taking her places and letting her hang out in the 'royal box', good for her I say!

She can't get a better deal anywhere else, so she may as well stay put, turn a blind eye to anything he says or does and behave herself

Quote:

Yes, I would agree, CW is prettier than England's future queen, Camilla.

But then, Camilla has a lot of mileage on her too.

CW has lots of muscles (can you imagine a princess with so many muscles?), and quite honestly, I'd bet there are a lot of women who would not mind partying with PA and staying in a cool apartments. CW could be doing worse and if she did get pregnant, at least Albert has lots of money so he can pay for her upkeep (he hasn't given it all away yet)!
Old 12-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Let's try to stay on topic...I think we have just about exhausted the comparison of Camilla and Charlene. And this thread is about Charlene.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Hello

Groete
Johan
(South Africa)
Oh, I was being slightly dramatic :) Albert in my opinion is no great catch either. He's definitely got some issues. I'm an old fashioned girl, though, who would like to see someone with old world class in Monaco. But such a woman would be totally undeserved by Albert. I agree with you.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Closed Thread