Charlene Wittstock Current Events 7 : Nov.2006 - Jan.2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MyAdia said:
Welcome Johan. I agree with everything that you stated in the above quote except that I think that there is obviously something special about Prince Albert. And yes, Charlene probably does come from decent loving people, as most people do. But may I ask you this one question? If Prince Albert isn't "so special", "bald", "much older than her", "have strings of illegitemate children", and "has a weird attitude to woman", why do you think your fellow South African who probably does come from a decent and loving family is still with him?

I think she is either very naive, or very in love or is in someway attracted to the wealth that comes with the position. (Who wouldn't be).
If she is aware of Albert's infidelity, then I think she should leave him.
But she must come to her senses and realize that Albert will never change his spots.

She isn't my idea of a fairy princess (Diana in the middle 1980's, and the Crown Princess of Belgium), hopefully she will mature more as she ages.
But I had to come to my fellow South African's rescue as some of the posters were a bit nasty. Come on people at least say she is more pretty than Camilla.

Johan said:
I think she is either very naive, or very in love or is in someway attracted to the wealth that comes with the position. (Who wouldn't be).
But she must come to her senses and realize that Albert will never change his spots.

She isn't my idea of a fairy princess (Diana in the middle 1980's, and the Crown Princess of Belgium), hopefully she will mature more as she ages.
But I had to come to my fellow South African's rescue as some of the posters were a bit nasty. Come on people at least say she is more pretty than Camilla.
her wrinkles at 28 are comparable with camilla's at 60, and I haven't seen recently any pic of the duchess when she was in her late twenties in order to make an accurate comparison with albert's companion(I guess charelna lost the 'official' status :ROFLMAO: )

Johan said:

We appreciate your thoughts and opinions and you sound like a really loyal person a trait to be admired. Don't let contrary opinions get in the way of what you think. This is where we can discuss things and you can't do that without varing opinions - so again welcome and we would love to hear more about the SA view point it's hard not living there to really know what people are thinking!

Johan said:
Come on people at least say she is more pretty than Camilla.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
However, personally, I'd die for her legs. :)

camilla is aging gracefully, her inner beauty and natural gracefullness imo is evident. charlene looks much older than her age and is not pretty in anyway. sorry to offend anyone it's just my opinion. to me her desperation in hanging on after its plain to see he isn't faithful (and thus doesn't love her) is ugly to see. despite the glamour and high life, i would think the life of a royal would be a hard job at times and unbearable unless you had a loving partner you could trust and respect.

Johan said:
Come on people at least say she is more pretty than Camilla.
They do have a similar mouth though when they are smiling.;) Although I think that Charlene is a bit prettier than Camilla at the same age, I have to say that she has aged well, which one can not say about some women who were considered beauties while young (just recently saw a Pic of Michelle Mercier, who is famous in France for her role as ANgelique and was quite the stunner, and the way she looks now, you wouldn't have guessed). Let's compare them again when Charlene has reached Camilla's age.

From Italian Magazine Novella 2000

This is part of one article we can read on Italian Magazine NOVELLA 2000 ( Gossip Magazine). web site http://novella2000.corriere.it/

Title: La storia con Charlene Continua.

Charlene? “Disparue”, scomparsa, dice allargando le braccia un'anziana monegasca, sinceramente dispiaciuta che la favola d'amore tra Alberto II e la bella nuotatrice sudafricana possa non avere l'happy end delle nozze, che tutti, nel Principato, sperano. Perché da troppi anni, ovvero dalla morte di Grace Kelly, sentono la mancanza di una principessa consorte.
Ma mentre tutto il mondo crede che la storia sia finita e i settimanali rosa titolano inesorabili: “Addio, Charlene”, i due continuano ad amarsi in segreto.
E Novella è in grado di rivelare che proprio in questi giorni la dolce sudafricana è volata a Montecarlo e che, stando a quanto ci hanno rivelato intimi della Rocca, Alberto abbia organizzato una cena in suo onore, con una cinquantina di persone, tutti amici strettissimi del principe, all'interno del palazzo.

--------------------------------------------------------------

It seams that Charlene comes back in Monaco, and Albert organize a dinner for her with 50 friends. The magazine says that they are still in love, but in "Secret".

:ermm:

rosana said:
Nooooo, don´t give her ideas!!!:bang: :bang: I admit this is all very strange,that there are still rumours about her:unsure:. If she´s waiting for Albert to decide she could have neither the medal nor the tiara.
but what's wrong with CW being the mistress? If Albert is messing around, he may as well mess around with her (I guess).

I mean she can get ALL the perks with absolutely NONE of the obligations right?:lol:

So what to what people think, they're not paying her rent. She needs to have a place to stay and things to do, and she cannot be around PA unless he allows it. Surely CW should understand by now that PA has many women he can call on anytime he wants to. If she choses to ignore it, that's her business. She should know clearly that PA can replace her anytime but she cannot replace him.

If PA is taking her places and letting her hang out in the 'royal box', good for her I say!:flowers:

She can't get a better deal anywhere else, so she may as well stay put, turn a blind eye to anything he says or does and behave herself:) :lol:

Johan said:

Yes, I would agree, CW is prettier than England's future queen, Camilla. :ermm: :)

But then, Camilla has a lot of mileage on her too.

CW has lots of muscles (can you imagine a princess with so many muscles?), and quite honestly, I'd bet there are a lot of women who would not mind partying with PA and staying in a cool apartments. CW could be doing worse and if she did get pregnant, at least Albert has lots of money so he can pay for her upkeep (he hasn't given it all away yet)!:lol: :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's try to stay on topic...I think we have just about exhausted the comparison of Camilla and Charlene. And this thread is about Charlene.

Johan said:
Hello
My first post on this forum. But I have been lurking in the background. Been hidden, but not in the Monaco palace I'm afriad.

I agree that Charlene isn't very glamorous or exceptionally pretty and don't have the same panache as Grace Kelly. But what makes Albert so special? He is much older than her, bald, have strings of illegitemate children. He has a weird attitude to woman.
To her credit I think she is a much better person than Caroline's husband and Stephanie's bodyguard/circus performer partners.
A few months ago in one of our local (South African) magazines they showed her grandmother and a few other pictures of her family. The seem to be decent loving people.

I would rather prefer an old fashioned (boring) Princess than a Princess with an out of wedlock child, an anullment, and a love of only all things Australian.
But then again, its the glitz and glamour, drama and scandal that is a big attraction in Monaco. :wacko:

Groete
Johan
(South Africa)

Oh, I was being slightly dramatic :) Albert in my opinion is no great catch either. He's definitely got some issues. I'm an old fashioned girl, though, who would like to see someone with old world class in Monaco. But such a woman would be totally undeserved by Albert. I agree with you.

Johan, I hope you will keep us posted on any new news articles, we get so few of them from SA- it would be wonderful to see!

Just wondering if Charlene has been seen in Monaco recently??

Johan said:
a more emotionally mature person with some substance that can see the double edge sword & as one person sort of put it, they will need real love & support to survive in that position.

If she's not in it for a serious relationship & does her own thing as well, I think there is no problem & who knows when or if the relationship is off & on.
Is she is suppose to be his official companion & he takes her to official functions then he should be a little more discreet showing up in tabloids w/ other women (we don't really know?) I would think it humiliating for her if the relationship is meant to be serious.

It's just that in some of his other relationships the women try to hang on deluding themselves of what the relationship really is? I think some people are wondering once again if that's the case? Maybe he is just a fun time for her right now & she is smart enough to know what the relationship is or isn't.

Although, I think she doesn't appear very sophisicated or polished I do think it is unkind to comment on how pretty she is or isn't or her clothes, hair, etc... & besides I think he should help her out w/ formal gowns if he expects her to attend many formal functions as well as airfare? I'm sure he does.

But it's mostly her behavior that many of us think is unattractive & she should be PA's equal & I can't tell you who that reflects worse on - Prince Albert or Charlene? This kind of age difference is kind of nauseating to many women? It doesn't say much for the man & it makes the woman look naive or ambitious in a bad way.

I'm sure she is a nice enough girl & although I think her family should know to protect their privacy. I feel a little sorry for the family being attacked she may not want it either & well you can't pick you relatives. They probably are nice people & we all might have a relation who we couldn't keep quite I'm sure he is just a little excited & naive.

Glad to have you on the board, maybe you can keep us up on her swimming progress, & it's nice to have your perspective.

Welcome aboard Johan..:)

It is hard to say which way Charlene is going these days. She sure is not putting many efforts in her swimming career.:sad: As far as the romance goes, nobody really has any factual information on the relationship either..:rolleyes: The only information available is the tabloid/media and they are fishing without any bait.. :whistling: To add fuel to the fire her father’s latest comments are not helping matters look any better; he is also in the dark on his daughter’s relationship..:question: I do not think he has ever met Prince Albert and his daughter has been associated with the prince for almost a year..:ohmy:

This entire episode of Prince Albert and Charlene has turned into a forest fire with Albert so imbedded he can not feel the flames.. :turned:

I sincerely hope whatever fares out for Prince Albert and Charlene, will be handled in a respectable manner. Prince Albert does not need anymore scandals.. :cry:

Does anyone think CW would have been able to be around the way she appeared in Turin and at the Monaco Grand Prix and the Red Cross Ball and such with Albert if Ranier were still around?

Would we know about her this way do you think?

Lillia said:
Does anyone think CW would have been able to be around the way she appeared in Turin and at the Monaco Grand Prix and the Red Cross Ball and such with Albert if Ranier were still around?

I think not, since Rainier had a way of silencing the press, and he would have banished her thereafter.

Lillia said:

I think that is why we didn't see her after the 1st date & interview, plus the age difference - I think he would think PA might need someone more mature?

Lillia said:

Most certainly not at events in MOnaco or any offical events with other family members participating. BUt you surely would have seen Maledive like pictures. More of those probably.

Do we really know if Charlene is still with Albert? The only source of info is Bunte andits article about vacations in Florida and the Bahamas. We even don't know any other mags telling about those vacations, so we even don't know if Albert ever went there. :ermm: And Bunte is a notorious rag...:neutral:
Wasn't it Bunte that started rumour about Charlene meeting Mr. Barsi, buying of engagement ring, converting to catholic religion, queen Elizabeth II agreement to this or something. All this turned out to be rubbish story.:ROFLMAO:

What if she doesn't appear because it's just over.

Last edited:
Just wait for the pics from Bali... There was also this Italian magazine about the reception and before the Bunte article appeared, someone on another board sad that she was in fact at PGA and afterwards in Florida and the Bahamas. There were also the names of the friends whose wedding they attended.

Our local YOU Magazine has an article about Charlene swimming in Richards Bay helping young swimmers. www.you.co.za (more pictures in the magazine)

Countess Lissa said:
Our local YOU Magazine has an article about Charlene swimming in Richards Bay helping young swimmers. www.you.co.za (more pictures in the magazine)

Thank you Countess Lissa, What do people really think of her in SA? Some of us are not so sure about her sincerity. I'd love to hear what people there really think. Thanks>

Well, some people are excited by the idea that a woman from South Africa could be the next Princess of Monaco. but on the whole it doesnt seem to be a great interest to the average person. there isnt much reported about european royalty, except for the few articles about Charlene Wittstock. The article in the magazine took some of the info from the German magazine Bunte. it just says that they phone each other regularly according to her coach,. nothing really new!

Princess takes the plunge
Author: By Marie Opperman | date: 21 December 2006
Lovely Charlene Wittstock, tipped to be the next princess of Monaco, is back in SA – and making a splash

this is the link again www.you.co.za (thank you Countess Lissa!) :)

and that is the headline for the article (I cannot get access to it or the pictures). if anyone knows how, that would be nice, imo. :flowers:

So, maybe CW really does want to swim for the Olympic team next year and she's not in MC afterall (at least for now)...

Would she be still able to qualify?

I think you have to be subscriber to the magazine to access the article -
but it also just says that she is training in Richards Bay as it is quieter and she isn't hassled by the paparazzi.

(Although I have always thought that the paparazzi are able to get anywhere if they really want to)

Countess Lissa said:
...but it also just says that she is training in Richards Bay as it is quieter and she isn't hassled by the paparazzi.
(Although I have always thought that the paparazzi are able to get anywhere if they really want to)
Yes, but they'd soon tire of taking photos of her swimmimg up and down a pool day after day, and how many such pics would the trash mags want to buy?

I feel Charlene is not with Albert anymore. It also looks tabloids feel the same. We have not heard about Charlene for a while. The only stories that appear about her in various magazines look like something created by her own PR. These stories appear recently only in SA media, BTW. :rolleyes:

Warren said:
Yes, but they'd soon tire of taking photos of her swimmimg up and down a pool day after day, and how many such pics would the trash mags want to buy?
I don't think a lot unless she was topless.

Funny LadyMacAlpine. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone!

Maybe they aren't together and maybe she's trying to save face by being photographed in a pool. It's interesting that she had a "shoulder injury" while she was Prince Albert's public girlfriend. IMO, she was just competing in the competition for the crown and not focussing on swimming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom