The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 11:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine
Paca:According to Bunte Charlene has been spotted alone in London (Remember Albert was in the UK recently?) and in Paris. They also changed their tune with regard to the Princess Grace Awards - from allegedly to certainty over one edition - Albert met up with Charlene in NY after the PGA. No allegedly about it anymore apparently...

Must be nice, having her working for you. Such a reliable, trustworthy, ever-present employee. Never off gallivanting around the world, always there when you need her...

G.
I'm confused. Is Bunte saying she wasn't there and now she was at the PGW? Also are they saying it isn't over? What about the Point du Vue article saying it appears over? Is this just more Albert throwing smoke screen or has she become his mistress? Someone you keep around but never take out officially? What happened to the official companion status?
Has Camilla been giving her advise? Alone in London doesn't sound like she was with him unless he caught up with her after his Prince Charles visit.

Old 11-24-2006, 04:16 AM
Courtier

Lets not go into Camilla/Charlene comparisons; dangerous territory!

Ann

Old 11-24-2006, 08:01 AM
Aristocracy

PA ran through her like a bag of chips. She is obviously not the one. And, her 15 minutes was up long ago, so lets wait and see who the next potential princess will be!
Old 11-24-2006, 11:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
Lets not go into Camilla/Charlene comparisons; dangerous territory!

Ann
I so agree. I was voicing by biggest fear because Camilla is one sharp cookie and we don't need Charlene taking lessons!
Old 11-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine
Paca:According to Bunte Charlene has been spotted alone in London (Remember Albert was in the UK recently?) and in Paris. They also changed their tune with regard to the Princess Grace Awards - from allegedly to certainty over one edition - Albert met up with Charlene in NY after the PGA. No allegedly about it anymore apparently...

Must be nice, having her working for you. Such a reliable, trustworthy, ever-present employee. Never off gallivanting around the world, always there when you need her...

G.
I find the story interesting especially after the things that were posted when Mw7060a's shared her first hand account of seeing and meeting Charlene.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Serene Highness

I wouldn't be surprised if she was being kept in Paris or London. She does not have anywhere else to go and nothing else to do, so why not be Albert's companion/mistress/girlfriend/friend/employees or whatever. Albert can get her into wherever she might need to go.

She probably has a nice place to live in his apartments, whereever they may be
Old 11-24-2006, 01:53 PM
Aristocracy

[quote=sashajones]PA ran through her like a bag of chips.

Oh my goodness.. I got a visual when reading your comment..

The saga continues.....
Old 11-24-2006, 05:56 PM
Serene Highness

[quote=lynda]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashajones
PA ran through her like a bag of chips.

Oh my goodness.. I got a visual when reading your comment..

The saga continues.....
LOL What a great expression - He ran through her like a bag of chips! I'll have to remember that one!
Old 11-24-2006, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Okay..a good laugh was had by all...let's move on please.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Today I heard on the TV news that according to Novella2000 mag Charlene is in Paris and met Prince Albert soon after Monaco National Day. The reason she wasn't in Monaco, and there is no pics of her and Albert together in Paris, is that he wants to protect her from the press. He also stated that their romance is not over.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
Today I heard on the TV news that according to Novella2000 mag Charlene is in Paris and met Prince Albert soon after Monaco National Day. The reason she wasn't in Monaco, and there is no pics of her and Albert together in Paris, is that he wants to protect her from the press. He also stated that their romance is not over.
I am not familiar with Novella2000. Is this a publication Albert would make a statment to? Or is this just their spin on things?
Old 11-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Nobility

I'm no fan of Charlene's, but I don't think I'd wish Albert on ANYONE. He has a callousness toward women that's kind of disturbing.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent

That's what I heard from the TV. I didn't buy the mag, and Novella isn't amongst my favourite mags. It's been a trashy tabloid for a long time, that has improved a bit lately, but I wouldn't swear on the truth of their articles, although they sometimes were proved right.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
That's what I heard from the TV. I didn't buy the mag, and Novella isn't amongst my favourite mags. It's been a trashy tabloid for a long time, that has improved a bit lately, but I wouldn't swear on the truth of their articles, although they sometimes were proved right.
Thanks Tosca, that tells me a lot. I am going to go with the assumption that HE didn't state anything. This is just their way of selling copies & not admitting that they may have been wrong about any previous statements regarding "engagement announcements". Thanks again.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Please, don't mention it!
Old 11-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
This sounds very believable. Prince Albert was in Paris at an event right before the Princess Grace Awards and he attended an event in Paris right after the National Day celebrations. Also, the last public picture of Charlene looking at Prince Albert on the cover with another was very compelling. And if you believe the reports of Charlene being at the PGA, then clearly Prince Albert is keeping her from the public view. Also, maybe Charlene's presence explains the absence of Princess Caroline. One shouldn't assume that Charlene was not there just because another poster is so adamant because of "scheduling" issues. Scheduling issues would have kept Prince Albert from visiting his daughter in California or say having her visit him in New York. But being pressed for time does not prevent him bringing a date. Besides, this awards ceremony was different in that there were NO published pictures of the non-red carpet or award recipients guests as in the past.

So, I think he probably is shielding Charlene now from the press. The bigger issue for me is that there probably is more trouble and scandal for Monaco ahead if Prince Albert's future intention toward Charlene is not honorable. Again, Albert has involved himself with a woman who is more than willing to turn a blind eye to his dalliances with other women. I don't care how big of a fan you are of Charlene, but I would have a BIG problem if I saw similar pictures of my man as the pictures of Albert with the other woman on the boat in August and also the report that was initially posted in this forum from a Monaco resident of seeing Prince Albert kissing a woman in July.

So, if Charlene is living in Paris to be nearer when Albert calls for her, regardless of his summer dalliances, that says something of her determination (or desperation) to remain in Prince Albert's life. And, if Prince Albert has now decided to shield her from the press, I don't know if that is a positive or a negative thing, especially since he changed his tune this summer and stated that he had no intentions of marrying. Maybe that statement was a smokescreen to keep the press away from Charlene because Charlene continued to see him after that statement.

Who knows anymore with this man. Let's just hope two summer announcements in a row of a hidden child is not a trend.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

If she was in NY during the PGA as my friend Mw stated and the press has later supported she was I would have to say its likely they are still together. Albert dates woman for years and as we all know the relationships haven't lead to marriage. Just because we don't see them doesn't mean they aren't together. As his friend Michael Powers has said Albert's real gf's you don't hear of so perhaps they have shifted the relationship into another gear as occurred with Nicole of five years she wasn't out front Alicia and Angie were to name two. I wouldn't say its over until he says it is or announces another woman as his companion. JMO
Old 11-29-2006, 12:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
If she was in NY during the PGA as my friend Mw stated and the press has later supported she was I would have to say its likely they are still together. Albert dates woman for years and as we all know the relationships haven't lead to marriage. Just because we don't see them doesn't mean they aren't together. As his friend Michael Powers has said Albert's real gf's you don't hear of so perhaps they have shifted the relationship into another gear as occurred with Nicole of five years she wasn't out front Alicia and Angie were to name two. I wouldn't say its over until he says it is or announces another woman as his companion. JMO
Sorry, Lady Mac. I see nothing honorable or respectable about a relationship that Prince Albert had privately with Nicole while he PUBLICLY romanced others. If Albert is privately and EXCLUSIVELY seeing Charlene and is keeping her out of the public then that's a REAL girlfriend. But, if we were to see Albert taking women on his arms to public Monaco events as he did with Tasha and Alicia WHILE still seeing Charlene that to me is NOT a REAL girlfriend. That is a disrespected one. In the real world, can a man get away with that? Would you allow a man to say to you that you are my real girlfriend if he is publicly dating others? I doubt it.

Everybody always quote Mike Powers statement, but I am sure the context was in a mutual exclusive relationship. He dated Stevie Parker for three years and kept her out of the public view. Was she then his real girlfriend? If he is keeping Charlene out of the public view AND he is not dating anyone else publicly, then ok, I'll call her a real girlfriend - as most people would.

Real, respectful and healthy relationships are at the very least monogamous ones.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Serene Highness

In reading all this I ponder the interpretation of two things 1. What is the difference between a hidden girlfriend and a mistress 2. Is one or two public dates mean he is "dating" these girls exclusively. Many people go on dates but are not the girlfriend or boyfriend of the person they are with so perhaps that is the real problem.

Charlene looked like a girlfriend both public and private then he was photographed with other ladies and then Charlene is supposedly hidden? Does this make sense? He knows all to well the ways of the press but this doesn't make sense? JMO
Old 11-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia
Sorry, Lady Mac. I see nothing honorable or respectable about a relationship that Prince Albert had privately with Nicole while he PUBLICLY romanced others. If Albert is privately and EXCLUSIVELY seeing Charlene and is keeping her out of the public then that's a REAL girlfriend. But, if we were to see Albert taking women on his arms to public Monaco events as he did with Tasha and Alicia WHILE still seeing Charlene that to me is NOT a REAL girlfriend. That is a disrespected one. In the real world, can a man get away with that? Would you allow a man to say to you that you are my real girlfriend if he is publicly dating others? I doubt it.

Everybody always quote Mike Powers statement, but I am sure the context was in a mutual exclusive relationship. He dated Stevie Parker for three years and kept her out of the public view. Was she then his real girlfriend? If he is keeping Charlene out of the public view AND he is not dating anyone else publicly, then ok, I'll call her a real girlfriend - as most people would.

Real, respectful and healthy relationships are at the very least monogamous ones.
You make some valid points but I must respectfully disagree with some of your statements.

First of all, No two people are the same nor are relationships. What I might find acceptable in a relationship you might not tolerate. And that is your right.

All of the people you mentioned (Albert, Nicole, Charlene, and Alicia) are legal adults. We could debate forever regarding Albert's emotional maturity...but for all intents and purposes...at some point...1) these women should and do know the score while dating Albert. He has said plenty of times that he has no desire to get married. Now he could be telling them something else in private but its up to them to believe him or not; and 2) these women are fairily young (at least in comparison to Albert) and at that age...most women think they can change a man's opinion. "Oh...I am different than these other women...he will want to be with me FOREVER." And its not until you get older and wiser (following a few dating experiences - good and bad) that you realize that you can't change anyone.

And why can't Albert take other women out while he is dating Charlene. Notice I said "take them out" why is always assumed that men and women are sleeping together and it is not possible for men and women to be friends. If your "official companion" is not available for an event and she knows and is okay with you going with a female friend...even one you had a relationship with...then why is that not okay. You need to fully secure with yourself and your relationship with your man...and if that is the case...then I see no problem with it. And to answer your question, YES IN THE REAL WORLD THIS HAPPENS MANY MANY TIMES.

I am totally ambivalent about Charlene....what I know about her I learned on this board. BUT I do know that only she and Albert know the true definition of their relationship. Its future, its limitations, etc. And if they are okay with it...whom am I to judge? People say all the time that Charlene is an awful woman and a bad role model? Well...who appointed her as a role model? No one I know. Would I want my daughter (if I had one) to be like her...probably not...but then again...I really don't know anything about her.

Also this post isn't just directed to MyAdia.