Charlene Wittstock Current Events 6 : Aug.2006 - Nov.2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
paca said:
not anymore. It is yesterdays news and if he is hiding her now, after having exposed her over summer, to me that looks more like: I can have a private relationship with her, but she is not good enough to show up with publicly. Hence no wedding in the near future. Albert has lost a lot of his newcomers bonus this year, so he has to try now to put himself in a position where he is strong enough that people would not question his choice in women. And at present that is not the case. The pics of the last few months are too fresh in peoples minds and his political actions did not have enough weight to draw away attention.

makes sense to me. So I guess no matter who he shows up with whenever it happens again people are going to talk about it.

And if she's a waitress (he seems to like 'helping himself' when it comes to the help) or some girlie he found that needs rescuing then the talk will be really loud about it for better or worse (again) :flowers:

I don't think it would not be her fault either, Albert knows the score by now.

Last edited:
PrincessDianafan said:
What is happening with Charlene is she in or out of the picture?
There is no photos since she saw the yacht pics of Albert with another woman at the airport. Not sure whether those that came with the south african article were recent, but that's all valid news available at present. For the rest we do not have any proof and opinions are devided. So I guess we will know more once she pops up again somewhere.

I think Charlene is a "girlfriend" no more no less. They are in a classic "let's wait and see if this relationship will grow into something more nor not".

Part of this growth is to see if and how she handles the limelight.

altagrace said:
I think Charlene is a "girlfriend" no more no less. They are in a classic "let's wait and see if this relationship will grow into something more nor not". Part of this growth is to see if and how she handles the limelight.

"Let's wait and see if..." is the first step to the Boredom Land :ermm:
I think each of them just benefits from the existing situation with a maximum pleasure.

paca said:
There is no photos since she saw the yacht pics of Albert with another woman at the airport. Not sure whether those that came with the south african article were recent, but that's all valid news available at present. For the rest we do not have any proof and opinions are devided. So I guess we will know more once she pops up again somewhere.
Yes, on TMC television (19th) ... in Monaco... we'll see if she is there or if she desapeared.

lilae said:
Yes, on TMC television (19th) ... in Monaco... we'll see if she is there or if she desapeared.
if she isn't there, that doesn't necessarily entail that she is no longer part of his private life.

paca said:
if she isn't there, that doesn't necessarily entail that she is no longer part of his private life.
Yes of course, because PA wants his private life but i can't understand why we saw CW in many officials events and then ... nothing. I think there is a mistake in "MC service de presse" If you want a closely relationship you don't go with CW in "Monaco Grand Prix" and so on, you only enjoy Maldives hollidays.

I doubt Albert will show Charlene at such official occasion like national Day. But I have feeling they are still together but will keep really low key relationship.

Yesterday I read on Novella 2000 (so take it with a grain of salt or two!) that Charlene had given Albert an ultimatum before she left for South Africa last summer, as he didn't come to a decision on their relationship. That's why she appeared to be pissed off in the pics taken in Nice airport.
According to the mag, if she shows up at the national Day, then this means he's going to marry her...

Tosca said:
Yesterday I read on Novella 2000 (so take it with a grain of salt or two!) that Charlene had given Albert an ultimatum before she left for South Africa last summer, as he didn't come to a decision on their relationship. That's why she appeared to be pissed off in the pics taken in Nice airport.
According to the mag, if she shows up at the national Day, then this means he's going to marry her...

Isn't that the same rag that had Albert and Letizia hooked up before Miss Charlene appeared at the Olympics? :ohmy: The Spanish RF had to issue an official denial (as did Albert's camp, a rarity for him-but then it involved another RF).

Ann

Tosca said:
Well, those pics were taken after the red cross ball. she has been seen several times back in Monaco since then. And she didn't look too angry when she saw her soulmate touching up another woman on a magazine frontpage. It is since then that we haven't seen any pics of them together, though they were still together after the yacht pics were taken as she was just on her way back from spending a weekend on a yacht with him herself. So I think they are just making up a story which they could corroborate with some pics, though obviously they won't give their readers the dates of when the pics were taken and how they'd fit into the chronology of events.

paca said:
Well, those pics were taken after the red cross ball. she has been seen several times back in Monaco since then. And she didn't look too angry when she saw her soulmate touching up another woman on a magazine frontpage. It is since then that we haven't seen any pics of them together, though they were still together after the yacht pics were taken as she was just on her way back from spending a weekend on a yacht with him herself. So I think they are just making up a story which they could corroborate with some pics, though obviously they won't give their readers the dates of when the pics were taken and how they'd fit into the chronology of events.

It was a pretty short article: just very few lines that carried no pics at all.

Tosca said:
It was a pretty short article: just very few lines that carried no pics at all.

If she did give him a hard time she isn't the first from what I have read in these forums. Alicia did the same and I don't see her around anymore. I don't think Albert will pay any attention to that stuff unless he really loved her and if he did we wouldn't have seen the photos or read about all these other women he was spotted with. I know all of us can only speculate, which is part of the fun - does he or doesn't he, but until I see her publically on his arm like last spring and summer, I can only guess that if she is still in the picture she is not ready for prime time not now and maybe not ever. JMO

paca said:

I'm confused...Charlene has been seen in Monaco since the early September disaster when the paparazzi caught her looking at the photos of Albert with the "ladies" on the yacht? I've been out of it but I thought there had been no sign of her since early Sept except for the story about her training for a comeback in the '08 Olympics.

Tosca said:

A big "ha" at that article! First of all, a man who hasn't married by age 48 isn't going to get bullied into marrying anyone. Secondly, I don't believe CW would have a gall to say such a thing. PA is the gravy train, and I doubt she would say anything to stop the gravy train from cho-chooing along. The mags are just trying to cover their butts incase she does show up. Then they can say "we were right all along. He IS going to marry her!" I agree with you Tosca, I'm taking it with a HUGE grain of salt.

paca said:

Paca, I thought the pictures at the ski event? (some event like that) where they were in their twin outfits (red shirts & tan shorts/pants) holding hands? I thought that event took place after the airport mag photo? It looked kind of cheesy & staged as to say they were still cozy in spite of the magazine photo?

lilae said:
Yes of course, because PA wants his private life but i can't understand why we saw CW in many officials events and then ... nothing.

Exactly my thoughts.

I really really don't get it. First he hawks her like he wants to let the world know, "hey I'm seeing this woman and yes, we may be heading somewhere together", I mean, he dragged her to the olympics for god's sakes! And then, indeed...nothing! What on the planet was up with hawking her in the first place if it's a wait-and-see situation? Again, I am clueless as to what his strategy is and why.

I don´t understand why the speculation about her being present the National Day.Only an official fiancee would be there and she is not.

so, i took some liberties

princess olga said:
Exactly my thoughts.

I really really don't get it. First he hawks her like he wants to let the world know, "hey I'm seeing this woman and yes, we may be heading somewhere together", I mean, he dragged her to the olympics for god's sakes! And then, indeed...nothing! What on the planet was up with hawking her in the first place if it's a wait-and-see situation? Again, I am clueless as to what his strategy is and why.
Warning-Just meant to write a few lines & I really took some liberties::ohmy:

I agree, I wrote something about this on other board. Although I don't think he had to "drag" her to the Olympics, since she was making quips to the press already. He took the leash off her (PM interview) & willingly let her promote herself & he too promoted her like he wanted the world to know they were a couple. As I said on the other board. I think in the beginning he had on rose colored glasses & was in his own dreamy world about her & got too excited that she could be the one, probably feeling some pressure for a relationship (which I do think he would like to have sooner than later) since his new status - I think he was really trying (although for the wrong type). I think he believed her to be something that she wasn't (he's a guy) & chose to see only what he wanted to see. Anyway I think he woke up along the way? (We hope).

If she is still in the picture at all, I think she is an ok for now to him which is fine if they are both in the same place, although this is where he probably gets into trouble. I think it's hard for him to make a clean break when it's over & lets them hang around even when they know he has no real feelings for them or they could care less about his feelings for them, but they think they can still prevail? Anyway, I think he should just deal with being a little lonely sometimes instead of having them hang around. He doesn't make it easy for himself because of the women that he dates. Maybe he will wait & date someone who appreciates being discreet. I feel he really prematurely flaunted her (wait till she has a ring on her finger- if she cares for him for the right reasons, that's what she should want! & a good test for him to keep away the simply starstruck wanna-be). I think HIS strategy was misguided regardless.

here's a question
why can't he date someone who has a career? someone who doesn't need him? someone who has a life? not to say charlene doesn't have a life but her swiming career might be finish unless she coaches. someone content with themselves an equal?
is that to much to ask?

semisquare said:
here's a question
why can't he date someone who has a career? someone who doesn't need him? someone who has a life? not to say charlene doesn't have a life but her swiming career might be finish unless she coaches. someone content with themselves an equal?
is that to much to ask?

That sounds good, but I think that is also what is precisely so tricky. It's not the 50's. There are not a lot of women that are in careers where they can or would be willing to pick up their lifes & move to Monaco & be princess on the side if that would really be possible. Although I think if he finds someone a little more mature & that has a interest in the outside world rather than at the age where people are still looking inwardly they might be evolved enough to embrace the position as something beside their picture in the tabloids.

I really do see how it would be hard to be in his position, a smart women would really have to think hard about it (depending on how much she loved him). It's still easy enough to carve out a nice life w/o all the concessions one would have to make. I'm not so sure Grace Kelly would have made the decision she did if it was 2006, I think she had a hard enough time in the 50's. I do hope he can find someone with something going on for herself & is at least interesting & smart. But I can see his challenge it's not an easy position to fill & plus be the one you're in love with too. Although he does seem to be looking in the wrong direction. Maybe he can just relax about it, if it's meant to happen it will!

sandsla said:
That sounds good, but I think that is also what is precisely so tricky. It's not the 50's. There are not a lot of women that are in careers where they can or would be willing to pick up their lifes & move to Monaco & be princess on the side if that would really be possible.

I really do see how it would be hard to be in his position, a smart women would really have to think hard about it (depending on how much she loved him). It's still easy enough to carve out a nice life w/o all the concessions one would have to make.

I agree but I mean if there really is a career/business woman and loving working like this, well I guess monaco could be the biggest adventure and best working place ever if she got the possibility to bring herselfe in to it and held in a ceo like position.. what more in a career would you looking for? you could be inventive, supportive, got high responsiblities, power to build somthing new, maybe make a change, ..... it's not a life out of being beauty and companion or wife of someone... its more and could be filled with real opportunities you may never get as an ordinary business woman and on top to have a family and love life.. alltogether... so I wouldn't say there is no woman out there filling this scene but certainly its not Charlene, is she?:bang:

Time to close this thread, and to start a new one. You can find it here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom