Charlene Wittstock Current Events 6 : Aug.2006 - Nov.2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he makes people expect a wedding that is what people want . He has stated he has no plans to marry I maybe the only one but I beleive him. He has no reason to marry there is nothing he will lose if he does not get married and at his age why would a man set in his ways and spoiled marry. He can have love without a ring.

Carronnette said:
I wonder where is Charlene in this moment. She has not been seen in the last recent events in Monaco, even in the Amade dinner with Bono and his wife. Is she still swimming in South Africa? Has anybody seen it somewhere in the past month?

About a month ago, there was a small article on her. She has resumed her quest to make the 2008 olympic team. She has a new trainer and is now in Zululand training according to that article. I can't recall the exact source but I do recall seeing the post a while back (it may have even been here?). She has not been publically seen with Albert since August. It was also at that time that he was photographed with several different women. THere was that infamous photo of her looking at the newstand with the photos of Albert with the other women which should have sent her a load message to move on.

I never see the pics.where have you seen them?

hibou said:
About a month ago, there was a small article on her. She has resumed her quest to make the 2008 olympic team. She has a new trainer and is now in Zululand training according to that article. I can't recall the exact source but I do recall seeing the post a while back (it may have even been here?). She has not been publically seen with Albert since August. It was also at that time that he was photographed with several different women. THere was that infamous photo of her looking at the newstand with the photos of Albert with the other women which should have sent her a load message to move on.

If she's training again, I have a feeling the relationship is over. Between the smoking pics on the balcony at the Prix and the gallyvanting around Monaco, Paris and the Maldives, it doesn't seem she was training seriously for a good 4 or 5 months. She wouldn't be training again if she was still seeing her "sponsor."

seto said:
I don't think he makes people expect a wedding that is what people want . He has stated he has no plans to marry I maybe the only one but I beleive him. He has no reason to marry there is nothing he will lose if he does not get married and at his age why would a man set in his ways and spoiled marry. He can have love without a ring.

He knows that people wil expect a wedding, especially when he appears which the "lucky one of the moment" in very official occasions, like GP F1, or Red Cross ball or Rose ball. So i think that he is playing with this.... but I sincerely think that he wont marry anyone, marriage plans happen before, if you arrive at your 50ies single, especially having "obligations" of wed, being CP, if you have escaped to these pressions, you will never marry.
And why obliging himself? Andrea and Pierre are there:)

BurberryBrit said:
If she's training again, I have a feeling the relationship is over. Between the smoking pics on the balcony at the Prix and the gallyvanting around Monaco, Paris and the Maldives, it doesn't seem she was training seriously for a good 4 or 5 months. She wouldn't be training again if she was still seeing her "sponsor."
Apparently Albert was nothing more than a shoulder injury to her. According to her PR she didn't train for those 6 months because of a "shoulder injury".

I kind of hoped he would settle down and marry. But it is his life.

Donna said:
Apparently Albert was nothing more than a shoulder injury to her. According to her PR she didn't train for those 6 months because of a "shoulder injury".
Hi Donna! Either she has a huge ego or she finally realised how badly he treated her and her only recourse was her shoulder. Either way I think she blew it with all her comments to the press and her family's interviews etc. Albert may marry one day but it won't be Charlene - at least if she has any sense of self respect.

PS If I recall correctly she blamed her shoulder for not making the team a couple years ago

Or perhaps Charlene is just a little smarter than we all gave her credit for and she knew the relationship was just a fling and that Albert wasn't serious marriage material and enjoyed it while she can.

If nothing else, she got quite a bit of publicity out of it. From now on whenever she competes in a match the commentators will refer to her as "Charlene Wittstock, former girlfriend of Prince Albert."

Tinika said:
If nothing else, she got quite a bit of publicity out of it. From now on whenever she competes in a match the commentators will refer to her as "Charlene Wittstock, former girlfriend of Prince Albert."
I'm not sure whether that is the kind of label a woman of today should be proud of.

paca said:
I'm not sure whether that is the kind of label a woman of today should be proud of.
I know!!!! Now all men will stay miles away from her. Since she has had the "best lover in the world" Don Albert, how they stand a chance? Their case is hopeless. Poor Charlene! Hopefully some blind fella, who hasn't read the tabloids, will fall for her. Do any of the tabloids come out with blind lettering??

Zonk said:
Or perhaps Charlene is just a little smarter than we all gave her credit for and she knew the relationship was just a fling and that Albert wasn't serious marriage material and enjoyed it while she can.

I think that's what she said in the beginning anyway, right?

I mean, she did answer those press questions (but they may have been leading questions from the papprazzis, I don't know). but didn't she also say (along with everything else) that they were just friends and that there had not been any marriage proposal at the time?

Maybe it's everybody else that started spinning the whole thing into some kind of 'marriage' thing.

But ok, so what else is new? PA knows that kind of thing happens (he even plainly said that too). I hope she comes back, I was starting to like CW and PA together.:flowers:

So, Charlene wasn't at PGA gala. If she was there, we would have somthing to talk about.
Right now it's becoming quite sleepy at Monaco forum.
bore0003.gif
We need to wait till National Day.

She actually said Albert was the best lover in the world? If she said that, she needs to learn to keep her mouth shut you just don't blab things like that when you're dating a public figure.

JackieP said:
She actually said Albert was the best lover in the world? If she said that, she needs to learn to keep her mouth shut you just don't blab things like that when you're dating a public figure.

I don't recall that exact quote but one of the problems I've had with Charlene is that she is "Chatty" with the press alot as was her whole family. Although she has been quiet lately I kind of thought she blew her chances. Plus alot of the photos we saw of her over the summer except for formal event stuff she wasn't dressed very princess like. To me Kate Middleton has the right look when she is in jeans. JMO

... So it seems Charlene attended PGA.
I agree, hibou, Kate Middleton looks and also behaves better than Charlene.

I just don't think that Charlene is still in the picture unless Albert is doing a great job of hiding her somewhere. Wasnt there something earlier about her retraining for the Olympics? :santa: Who knows. Poor Albert. I more admire the work he has done in promoting good will in the countries he has visited.

I also see that she smokes. Um you know IMO if you're a disciplined athlete that is one thing you that you're not supposed to do. I just thought as a sports figure or whatever you are to live as healthy as you can.

TrustWorthy said:
Despite the colorful and detailed account of Charlene's appearance at the PGA, t's all rubbish, complete and total nonsense. I guess one thing these boards have proved is that anyone will believe anything they want. Maybe this is wishful thinking on the part of those post silliness, who knows.

Again, I assure you Charlene was NOT at the PGA, and NOT because neither didn't want her to be there. It was simple logistics and scheduling for her. To come from SA to NYC for 36 hours, in the middle of training, would be almost as silly as that "first person" account detailing Charlene's appearance.

As for the comment she reads these boards -- it's plain silly to think so.

Again, even though I'm not convinced she was there, I don't think your reasons explain it. Charlene has not been training seriously at all given the photos of her smoking as well as her gallivanting around the world with Albert. Also, how do you know her schedule wasn't cleared in advance to make it possible for her to make the trip to NY? Do we even know that she is in South Africa? She could very well be in Europe. I just don't think scheduling is the simple answer here. And YES, I agree that posters are coming forward and giving wonderfully detailed accounts about the event, but there are other things that don't add up to me. (Also, different accounts can be created by the same person quite easily.)

Trustworthy we just would like to know, since you speak with such clear authority, how you know such things?Are you a friend of Charlene or Albert? Are you someone who is privy to their scheduling details or know the status of their relationship? Surely you could put all this to rest without revealing your identity. Would you be so kind as to help us so that we may at last move on to something else, otherwise it will remain a mystery Thanking you in advance.

well, if there are no pictures, then she was not there imo.

When she wants to be seen, then she'll turn up.

I don't know it for sure, but I bet she's still in Monaco hanging out with Albert. She was there before, we know that. She also got the settlement from when PA sued the magazines for taking those pictures (we know that as a fact too), so she has a little money of her own to pay for things for a while. Albert probably didn't throw her out of wherever she was living so she may have a really nice place to stay (he seems like a nice guy -- hey maybe she's in the Paris apartments where NC lived :lol:)...

Hey, it's possible -- after all, PA let NC stay in his fancy Paris apartments for about 2 yrs. and the general public did not know anything about her or the child, remember?

And after all, what would CW go back to anyway? She's probably a nice person, but no job prospects. No sports endorsements. She's not going back to school. Her options seem limited outside of whatever PA might help her with. The SA swim team has moved on without her...

If she can make a life for herself doing something useful in MC with Albert's help (and be his private friend all the while too), then why not?

Nice weather in Monaco I hear :flowers:

but again, all that is just my guess

Last edited:
People might consider this that the reason there are no pictures of Charlene at the PGA is not because she wasn't there but perhaps what was said at the Red Cross Ball that transpired between Albert and Charlene was true and Charlene didn't want to be told she wasn't suppose to pose for photo's. Best way to avoid a problem is not to make a repeat mistake and do what your boyfriend asks. Just a thought since MW had no reason to lie about being introduced to her much less see her.

LadyMacAlpine said:
People might consider this that the reason there are no pictures of Charlene at the PGA is not because she wasn't there but perhaps what was said at the Red Cross Ball that transpired between Albert and Charlene was true and Charlene didn't want to be told she wasn't suppose to pose for photo's. Best way to avoid a problem is not to make a repeat mistake and do what your boyfriend asks. Just a thought since MW had no reason to lie about being introduced to her much less see her.

But MW herself stated that Charlene posed with various people:

mw7060a said:
It was not until after the awards ceremony when they had the dancing in the adjoining room that I saw a photographer taking group photos with Charlene and other attendees. So there will be some photos surfacing at some point.

I'm sorry, but I think a photo would surface.

Last edited:
BurberryBrit said:
But MW herself stated that Charlene posed with various people:

I'm sorry, but I think a photo would surface.

And certainly would have by now -- it's not going to happen.

I'm just curious. Does CW's appearance or non-appearance at the PGA really make a difference? I mean, even if she was there, does that mean an engagement announcement is around the corner? Come on!

rarotonga said:
I'm just curious. Does CW's appearance or non-appearance at the PGA really make a difference? I mean, even if she was there, does that mean an engagement announcement is around the corner? Come on!
not anymore. It is yesterdays news and if he is hiding her now, after having exposed her over summer, to me that looks more like: I can have a private relationship with her, but she is not good enough to show up with publicly. Hence no wedding in the near future. Albert has lost a lot of his newcomers bonus this year, so he has to try now to put himself in a position where he is strong enough that people would not question his choice in women. And at present that is not the case. The pics of the last few months are too fresh in peoples minds and his political actions did not have enough weight to draw away attention.

TrustWorthy said:

I agree it would have by now but you're other statement about it's not going to happen is different from you prior one that she wasn't there at all. Just curiousity on my part.

rarotonga said:

That's true. I think people got so involved because we had "eye-witness" accounts and wanted to get to the bottom of it. For me, it's more telling (or maybe not) if she's in Monaco this week.

TrustWorthy said:

I agree - CW would not always necessarily have to stand still for a picture. A telephoto lens of any photographer could get a picture (remember it's been done before), or of course people do have cameras in their cell phones, so anybody could snap a picture of her, if that's what they really wanted to do. To a certain point, it would not be her choice. While PA may be able to control the press in MC, if somebody wanted a picture of her, and they recongnized her, no matter where she was (swimming in SA or in MC doing whatever), they could get one...

Albert does not have absolute control of everything. CW may run to do his bidding, but everybody else may not care so much...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom