Charlene Wittstock Current Events 6 : Aug.2006 - Nov.2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbhrc

Majesty
City
*Ruhrgebiet*
Country
Germany
Welcome to part 6 of the thread to discuss the current events of Charlene Wittstock, Prince Albert's official companion.

Please take a look at the following TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines before you start posting in this thread:

- Derogatory or offensive remarks about royal persons, their family, friends or associates, or other public figures are strictly prohibited. While there is no requirement that you should like all royal persons or public persons discussed at TRF, there is no need to attack them or call them names. There are ways to express your dislike or criticism of royals other than resorting to calling them names. It is childish behaviour that is not tolerated here.

- Please share only your opinions about a royal person or situation. We prefer that you don’t make posts in the name of your family members, friends, acquaintances or on behalf of your entire community, city or country. For example, posts such as “My mom agrees with me that…” or “Everybody in my town is opposed to this relationship.” While public opinion is sometimes relevant, there is no way to verify second- or third-hand remarks. There is also no way to verify claims that a poster is or knows a member of a royal or noble family; claims to this effect will be deleted from the forum.

- Reference to and continuations of discussions from other message boards or forums are absolutely not permitted and will automatically be removed without discussion by the TRF Moderating Team.

- Profanity and coarse language is strictly prohibited. Discussions here will never be of a nature in which swearing or offensive language is necessary to fully express oneself.

- No unsubstantiated information is permitted. This is not the place for gossip; we want to share and discuss actual news and information about royalty. All information submitted here (stories, articles, etc.) must be linked back to a credible source (newspaper, magazine, online magazine, book, photo agency, etc...). Gossip is hearsay and these forums are dedicated to providing credible information to its members. Therefore, we ask our members to have reliable sources for any information that they may provide.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And please take a look at this thread:
Photo Agencies and Copyright Violations

Esp. this part:

- We are also asking that members co-operate on another level: Please exercise discretion when posting images. While we all love pictures, there is no need to post every single picture from every online source or agency you can find. We do not need six pictures of the exact same shot with miniscule variations. Members of the Moderating Team will be exercising their discretion and removing excessive pictures.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can find the old thread here.

Happy Posting!

Oh my, well I suppose Charlene still hanging around PA, despite his strong statement -- shows how focused she is.

If she's not going to practice for the Olympics or swim in any or her own Regional or World competitions (who knows if she's still planning that or not), then where else would she go? What could she have to go back to? Not much probably.

So why not hang out with PA, she may not have anything better to do and her own prospects are not so good if she stops tagging along with him at this moment.

If you want to see the latest pictures of her and PA at the Women's Jet Ski World Championships you need to use this link for Newscom (sorry, I do not know how to upload the pictures). I think it says they were at Nice/Monaco.

http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/members/s?path=Search_All_Content&nav=Visuals&f=NCOM%2Fsearch&lang=&s=charlene+wittstock&o=a&daterange=&datestart=&dateend=&cbphoto=1&cbstock=1&cbhist=1&cbweb=1&cbgraf=1&cbill=1&cbcari=1&cbpage=1&cbcart=1&search.x=0&search.y=0

Last edited:
Nice pictures, thanks. Have to say this girl is sortof growing on me--perhaps that's Albert's intention, get people to s-l-o-w-l-y get used to her, lol!

Why ?

The more I read messages here the more I wonder
Why such hatred against this lady ?
People here attacked her from the start
I have nothing against her, I think she is very pretty and I hope for a big wedding one day:ermm:

Charlene looks really good in the photos.

Her hair has grown quite a lot since February. I think the longer length suits her.

rominet09 said:
I have nothing against her, I think she is very pretty and I hope for a big wedding one day:ermm:

I agree, I don't see anything "unsuitable" about her and I think she seems sweet, down to earth, pretty... things I think would be essential for a potential princess or even just a girlfriend/companion of PA.

I've wondered sometimes if CW or her friends or family ever read the negative things said about her here. I hope she doesn't - none of it seems to be based on anything substantial.

originally posted by maryellen1539
If Charlene shows up again, I will believe all of the negative things I have heard about her. There is no way you could convince me that she is there for anything but the money and title.

I totally agree Maryellen. I actually backed off Charlene to give her the benefit of the doubt because it seems so many people seem to hate this girl. But now that I see her back with Prince Albert after he humiliated her on worldwide television and made it clear he wanted no future with her (well accept for casual sex once every few months) and he made it clear to the whole world he has no intentions on marrying her, I beleive EVERYTHING about her being a golddigger just in it for the money.

This girl has no sense of self respect or self esteem. And just because she looks pretty in a photograph doesn't qualify her to be Princess of anything. It takes a lot more than that, starting with how you carry and respect yourself.

I understand some think she has no other options because she has no education and never had a job, but come on she must be able to do something with her life than be a doormat to Prince Albert and roll over for him anytime he asks.

This is no lady or no woman of class. Lots of women look pretty in photos, its having some class or dignity that matters more than looks.

IMO she is no better than Nicole, Tamara or any of the rest of his mistresses.

I gave her the benefit of the doubt and her true colors came shining through. She is okay just being his bed partner and occassional, how do you say it, "official companion" She is only in it like Maryellen says for the money and title. Sick.

I am really disappoined in Prince Albert, I gave him more credit than that.

But I guess the days of class and dignity in Monaco are truly, as they say in the south, "gone with the wind" :sad: What a shame.

Last edited:
WindsorIII said:
I totally agree Maryellen. I actually backed off Charlene to give her the benefit of the doubt because it seems so many people seem to hate this girl. But now that I see her back with Prince Albert after he humiliated her on worldwide television and made it clear he wanted no future with her (well accept for casual sex once every few months) and he made it clear to the whole world he has no intentions on marrying her, I beleive EVERYTHING about her being a golddigger just in it for the money.

All he said is that he has no plans to marry. Is she a doormat because she's dating someone who basically says that he doesn't yet know how it's going to turn out? He made it clear that she's no fling with the "official companion" term. I haven't seen any evidence of a lack of class or dignity in Charlene. In fact I think she's shown a lot of class in the way she's conducted herself amid all the gossip and rumours. All we know is that they're dating - everything else is just speculation.

originally posted by Casey321
All he said is that he has no plans to marry. Is she a doormat because she's dating someone who basically says that he doesn't yet know how it's going to turn out? He made it clear that she's no fling with the "official companion" term. I haven't seen any evidence of a lack of class or dignity in Charlene. In fact I think she's shown a lot of class in the way she's conducted herself amid all the gossip and rumours. All we know is that they're dating - everything else is just speculation.

Hello Casey, I am sorry but I totally disagree with what you are saying.

First of all, the question was asked to Prince Albert is response to all the stupid media speculation that there was going to be a wedding to Charlene. He clearly said he has no intentions of getting married in the near OR distant future. The he went on to say everytime a pretty girl is with him more than once the marriage stuff comes out.

He was diplomatically saying he has no intentions of marrying Charlene now or in the distant future. He basically was saying that she is just one of many pretty girls photographed at his side more than once and just like all those before her, the media assumed he would marry Charlene. Then he solidified his answer with the "read my lips comment"

Yes she is doormat.

He made it clear that she's no fling with the "official companion term"

And for the "official companion title" that surely tells us all that she is not his girlfriend and that she is just a fling. It sounds like a paid job, which is worse. Why can't he proudly say my girlfriend like other Crown Princes did. Because that is not what she is. Shes a companion that comes around when he wants her there for events. They have a word for that.

I haven't seen any evidence of a lack of class or dignity in Charlene.

Then Casey you haven't seen any of the photos from the Olympics, the islands of Maldives or the smoking photos from the grand prix. In all of those photos she looks trashy and tacky and is acting that way as well.

After these photos I actually backed off from writing about her and gave her the benefit of the doubt because I kind of felt sorry for her because everyone tore her to pieces calling her everything from a tramp to a call girl.

But now I see she is back just after that worldwide television interview where Prince Albert basically said he wants no future with her now or in the distant future. She is back like a little puppy dog taking whatever scraps Prince Albert throws out to her. She has no class or dignity.

And its not just Charlene. Its all the women Prince Albert has done this too. The Palace made similiar statements in the past of other girlfriends, like there will be no engagment or no wedding, the girls hang around for awhile hoping for a change, then slowly disappear. Its so humiliating. I don't understand why any woman would allow herself to be treated this way. I guess its just the allure of being part of that jet set world. I guess money can do that to people. Charlene has a taste of it and now shes back for more.

Prince Albert did this same thing to Nicole for five years. The only difference was in the past Prince Rainier was alive and kept things under cover and out of the media. He would never allow Prince Albert to bring these women to all these public events. Now he's not around anymore and Prince Albert's private dating life is more public.

I just don't understand what is the matter with women these days.

WindsorIII said:
And its not just Charlene. Its all the women Prince Albert has done this too. The Palace made similiar statements in the past of other girlfriends, like there will be no engagment or no wedding, the girls hang around for awhile hoping for a change, then slowly disappear. Its so humiliating. I don't understand why any woman would allow herself to be treated this way. I guess its just the allure of being part of that jet set world. I guess money can do that to people. Charlene has a taste of it and now shes back for more.

Women with low self-esteem or feel that marriage to a public figure is the only way they can validate themselves behave this way. Charlene has a lot to be proud of (her discipline, talent, etc) but she didn't reach her goal of winning an Olympic medal or world championship so she is looking for another way to grasp on to that brass ring.

WindsorIII said:
Prince Albert did this same thing to Nicole for five years. The only difference was in the past Prince Rainier was alive and kept things under cover and out of the media. He would never allow Prince Albert to bring these women to all these public events. Now he's not around anymore and Prince Albert's private dating life is more public.

Rainier in most cases was able to protect his children, particularly Albert, from themselves. It was easier to let Caroline and Stephanie go off and make their mistakes however public they may have been b/c the future of the monarchy didn't depend on them or their reputations. Albert probably assumed that anything private would stay private and is now paying for his past indescretions literally and figuratively.

WindsorIII said:
I just don't understand what is the matter with women these days.

Neither do I but I think it has a lot to do with everyone's need for instant gratification and the world's fascination with "celebutantes." People crave fame and will do anything, no matter how degrading, to get it. Society glorifies living in the public eye (i.e, the Jessica Simpson-Nick Lachey debacle or Pam Anderson and Kid Rock) and bad behaviour (i.e, Paris Hilton). Acting trashy is now the new standard.

pinklady1991 said:
Women with low self-esteem or feel that marriage to a public figure is the only way they can validate themselves behave this way. Charlene has a lot to be proud of (her discipline, talent, etc) but she didn't reach her goal of winning an Olympic medal or world championship so she is looking for another way to grasp on to that brass ring.

Rainier in most cases was able to protect his children, particularly Albert, from themselves. It was easier to let Caroline and Stephanie go off and make their mistakes however public they may have been b/c the future of the monarchy didn't depend on them or their reputations. Albert probably assumed that anything private would stay private and is now paying for his past indescretions literally and figuratively.

Neither do I but I think it has a lot to do with everyone's need for instant gratification and the world's fascination with "celebutantes." People crave fame and will do anything, no matter how degrading, to get it. Society glorifies living in the public eye (i.e, the Jessica Simpson-Nick Lachey debacle or Pam Anderson and Kid Rock) and bad behaviour (i.e, Paris Hilton). Acting trashy is now the new standard.

Pink the only thing you left out was that Charlene''s family blabbed to the press also which didn't help Charlene either. It appeared they were the ones promoting the marriage thing as well as CHarlene's "toss off" comments at the olympics like Turin is a great place for lovers etc. There was alot of self promotion on Charlene and her family.

Charlene back in Monaco

Charlene Wittstock ist back in Monaco. She arrived last Sunday. At 3:30 PM she was with Prince Albert at the jet-ski-race at the yacht harbour.

WindsorIII said:

This girl has no sense of self respect or self esteem. And just because she looks pretty in a photograph doesn't qualify her to be Princess of anything. It takes a lot more than that, starting with how you carry and respect yourself.

I understand some think she has no other options because she has no education and never had a job, but come on she must be able to do something with her life than be a doormat to Prince Albert and roll over for him anytime he asks.

This is no lady or no woman of class. Lots of women look pretty in photos, its having some class or dignity that matters more than looks.

IMO she is no better than Nicole, Tamara or any of the rest of his mistresses.

I gave her the benefit of the doubt and her true colors came shining through. She is okay just being his bed partner and occassional, how do you say it, "official companion" She is only in it like Maryellen says for the money and title. Sick.

I am really disappoined in Prince Albert, I gave him more credit than that.

But I guess the days of class and dignity in Monaco are truly, as they say in the south, "gone with the wind" :sad: What a shame.
Well, now we know clearly where she was going in her airport pictures the day after the Ball -- over to Nice on a commercial flight to meet up with PA there. Dragging her luggage thru the airport to go to Nice for the Jet Ski event.

Last edited:
Casey321 said:

PA has clearly and very plainly said that he has no intentions of marrying anyone either now or in the distant future. The palace also announced a while ago that there will be no engagement. Period -- end of any speculation.

While Albert's words are not anything different than what he has said before, I think it was a really strong statement, no mistaking what he meant either. There would be no room for CW or anyone connected to her (or anyone else) to mis-interpret what he said so clearly to the public about his intentions on the subject of marriage. I do not believe he is interested in marrying her at all.

It was not at all a comment saying he was not sure. He said plainly that he does not intent to marry anyone either now or in the distant future. That means no marriage to CW either now or in the distant future. He did say she was pretty though. So, she's just hanging around because he invites her to be there. CW probably understands that PA can replace her easily, because all kinds of women throw themselves at him all the time. She looks nice lately, but she can be replaced. Maybe that's why she's been around so much. If she leaves, he might find a replacement and it would be a heck of a lot harder for her to replace someone like Albert Grimaldi (a billionaire prince) than for him to replace her. He can even find another Olympic athlete easily if he wanted to. Who could she get to equal PA in terms of social status or public profile?

Plus, as long as she can tag along with him, there are people who may want to associate with her. It may open up opportunities for her. If she's not with Albert, eventually she will fade into the background. I believe even though they obviously like each other, she's in this for the attention and whatever else she can get by being around him.

Last edited:
rominet09 said:
I have nothing against her really except she talks too much but Albert doesn't seem to mind. My problem is with the prince himself. As long as this 48-year-old man continues to date 20-something young women he will look like a dirty old man and the women will look like bimbos no matter how smart they might actually be. It's a picture that's just not flattering.

MCMC said:
Charlene Wittstock ist back in Monaco. She arrived last Sunday. At 3:30 PM she was with Prince Albert at the jet-ski-race at the yacht harbour.
MCMC - you live in Monaco - what do you think of her? Would you like to see her as the Princess of Monaco?

Donna said:
MCMC - you live in Monaco - what do you think of her? Would you like to see her as the Princess of Monaco?

Charlene will have a hard time in paradise. Monaco is not a stage for light musicals. It's a power city and Albert II. is the boss of this multi-firm. Charlene will have a tough life as First Lady of Monaco. To many of the old clans (powerful) still running the place and do not like a young lady coming from South Africa. Charlene must feel like Grace Kelly who was the first years totally isolated and asked even her friend Jeanne to come over from Texas, because she felt so lonely in the pink palace.

MCMC said:
Charlene must feel like Grace Kelly who was the first years totally isolated and asked even her friend Jeanne to come over from Texas, because she felt so lonely in the pink palace.
That would be Kates mum, also known as Texans Kelly, right?

Personally I think though that Charlene would have a much tougher time then Grace ever had. She has lost so much respect in advance and M. Deslandes parting interview was pretty clearly aimed at her and showed clearly what those in power think of her. I don't think that something similar happened to Grace. I doubt that anyone would have dared to make such comments during rainiers rule. Grace suffered, but she suffered pretty much in silence.

Isn't it somewhat ironic that now people are quoting Albert's "I am not looking to get married" comment as if its gospel. Didn't he say the same thing about both of his kids? Basically denied their existence until DNA showed otherwise.

Deny Deny Deny.

Sorry, as far as I am concerned Albert's word really means nothing.

M. Deslandes parting interview was pretty clearly aimed at her and showed clearly what those in power think of her.
what did M. Deslanders say about her?
a here is a made-up situation: if prince albert said "charlene jump"
would her reply be:
a-how high?
b-man, u have lost your mind to be asking me to do that
c-pay him no attention
again, people this is just for fun

Zonk1189 said:
Isn't it somewhat ironic that now people are quoting Albert's "I am not looking to get married" comment as if its gospel. Didn't he say the same thing about both of his kids? Basically denied their existence until DNA showed otherwise.

Deny Deny Deny.

Sorry, as far as I am concerned Albert's word really means nothing.

Yes, he is illusive. But he doesn't deny, he uses A LOT of legal ease, losts of vague answers and political ease. He never actually came out and denied Jazmin. He doesn't want to be called a liar.

Go look at the current events thread. He is being accused by another woman of father her child. More info should be comming in the next few weeks.

http://www.showbuzz.cbsnews.com/stor...n1882769.shtml

Gente

There is this news in a italian newspaper called il resto del carlino..

http://ilrestodelcarlino.quotidiano.net/chan/musica:5432621:/2006/08/29:

It says that on italian magazine GENTE, there are some photos of Albert flirting with a blond girl that is not Charlene... They write that He kissed here all day and the situation was too hot :rolleyes:

I don't have pictures.. anyone can help me???

Maybe the girl is Charlene, but I'm not sure...

Michy

LadyMichelle said:
There is this news in a italian newspaper called il resto del carlino..

http://ilrestodelcarlino.quotidiano.net/chan/musica:5432621:/2006/08/29:

It says that on italian magazine GENTE, there are some photos of Albert flirting with a blond girl that is not Charlene... They write that He kissed here all day and the situation was too hot :rolleyes:

I don't have pictures.. anyone can help me???

Maybe the girl is Charlene, but I'm not sure...

Michy

Sorry, I can't read that on line article, as it keeps on saying the page doesn't exist.

I haven't seen the GENTE pics, but they must be the same appeared on DIVA mag a couple of weeks ago, where Albert showed up with a young blonde girl during a short vacation in Sardinia.

What is a head of state doing kissing women in public anyway? I'm sorry, but it looks very bad :mad:

(if it's true, of course)

BurberryBrit said:
What is a head of state doing kissing women in public anyway? I'm sorry, but it looks very bad :mad:

(if it's true, of course)

I agree. For Albert, will adolescence ever end?

Could it be the same woman he was holding hands with and kissing in public when he was in New Haven for his mother's 50th Anniversary of High Society?

It seems like he's been out there kissing a few women since he wrote off Charlene on Worldwide television.

I really wish Charlene would have some dignity for the love of god and walk away before no one ever respects her. Prince Albert dismissed her on worldwide television then has been seen out kissing other blonds and it is reported in magazines.

What other signs does she need? She really looks desperate by hanging around and trying to cling to him after all of this.

Here is the quote from People Magazine.

Who's That Girl?
436 words
28 August 2006
People Magazine
Volume 66; Issue 9;

Monaco's Prince Albert dismisses wedding rumors and steps out with another blonde beauty.

Despite reports that Prince Albert was about to propose to Charlene Wittstock, 28, his girlfriend of nine months, marriage now appears to rank low on the princely to-do list. In Newport, R.I., on the weekend of Aug. 11 for a jazz festival and charity event, Albert, 48, was accompanied by Heather Van Zuidam, a Naples, Fla., real estate agent; they were guests of the private club Carnegie Abbey. Though they held hands and shared a kiss, Van Zuidam, 33, told PEOPLE she met Albert at a tennis event in Monaco 15 years ago and that they are "longtime friends." So will Albert--who in June acknowledged paternity of a second child born out of wedlock--ever marry? In an Aug. 13 interview with Good Morning America, he avowed, "I have no plans in the near or distant future."

From the pictures, I like Miss Van Zuidam. I wonder if there are any more pics of their interaction in Newport? Interesting that they have been friends for 15 years, but we are just hearing her name. PA knows how to keep women he likes to himself, eh?

semisquare said:
what did M. Deslanders say about her?
a here is a made-up situation: if prince albert said "charlene jump"
would her reply be:
a-how high?
b-man, u have lost your mind to be asking me to do that
c-pay him no attention
again, people this is just for fun
The translation is in the achievement thread. He didn't name her but from the context when it was given, it was pretty clear whome he was aiming at. A few days later he gave another interview to the same paper with no reference to Albert, his Olympic absences and education. No comparison with Rainier either.

PrincessDianafan said:
who is M Deslandes and what did he say about charlene?
he was Monacos equivalent of a minister of the interior and education.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom