Charlene Wittstock Current Events 6 : Aug.2006 - Nov.2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
paca said:
That would be Kates mum, also known as Texans Kelly, right?

Personally I think though that Charlene would have a much tougher time then Grace ever had. She has lost so much respect in advance and M. Deslandes parting interview was pretty clearly aimed at her and showed clearly what those in power think of her. I don't think that something similar happened to Grace. I doubt that anyone would have dared to make such comments during rainiers rule. Grace suffered, but she suffered pretty much in silence.

Isn't there a big difference between Grace and Charlene? I mean in the way that their relationships with the Princes have been handled at least by the medias?

Prince Ranier made a clear commitment to Grace and he married her. Yes, times were different than now, but still he made clear his intentions to marry with her and his 'team' had to line up with that once it was decided that a commitment to Grace was going to happen.

Albert, on the other hand, has clearly said that is is not even considering to marry Charlene. They are adults and entitled to have any kind of relation they want like everyone else, but he has not made any commitment to her and even the palace has been made clear that CW is only to be Albert's 'companion' to go with him a few places in public and in private.

But who knows, he likes her enough to keep inviting her out to different places. Maybe CW will eventually become Albert's 'longtime companion'.

Last edited:
Lillia said:
Prince Ranier made a clear commitment to Grace and he married her. Yes, times were different than now, but still he made clear his intentions to marry with her and his 'team' had to get on board with that once it was decided that a commitment to her was on the table.
Albert, on the other hand, has clearly said that is is not even considering to marry Charlene. He has not made any commitment to her and even the palace has been made clear that CW is only to be Albert's 'companion' to go with him a few places in public and in private.

So true! Grace and Rainier's engagement seems so romantic!! They weren't seen canoodling around beforehand.The people of Monaco heard the announcement of their future Princess and that was that.... Once announced there was no waffling back and forth ------
They courted privately , much like Felipe and his Crown princess.

why cant he when he is "Working" not take anyone with him to these parties etc , and when he has private time ,away from the world he then can have his blondes and brunettes !! but taking women to formly duties doesnt look right, if he isnt serious about them ! just looks tacky !

IMO its unfair to compare Charlene and Grace. The main difference is the time frame between the two "relatoinships." Grace and Rainier dated 50 years ago, the press was not as relentless as it is now (now you know almost everything about a couple's relationship) and I thiink we all can agree that "dating" is different.

I agree. the only things that Grace and Charlene have in common are: they both are blonde, blue eyed and native English speakers.

BurberryBrit said:
From the pictures, I like Miss Van Zuidam. I wonder if there are any more pics of their interaction in Newport? Interesting that they have been friends for 15 years, but we are just hearing her name. PA knows how to keep women he likes to himself, eh?

can you give me the link with photos?? Thanks

originally posted by LadyMichelle
can you give me the link with photos?? Thanks
LadyMichelle here is the link to the photos of Prince Albert with Heather Van Suidam, the woman who he took to the Jazz Festival in New Port. See the above People Magazine artical above in post #28 Apparently they have been friends for many years meeting at a Tennis Tournament. She is very pretty.

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?nbc1=1&navtyp=CAL====204805&ym=200608

<removed question to moderator - tbhrc>

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I would guess that if CW knew those pictures are out there with PA and this other lady (I believe the caption reads August 11, 2006), then I think she would know clearly that she is certainly not exclusive in taking a first class box seat next to PA at sporting events at least, if that little commentary about HvZ is true, that is. Maybe she's comfortable with it. Heather Van Zuidam was not at Rose Ball, MC Grand Prix or those other events with PA.

He invited CW to those and other events, but he's made it clear that he's not in some completely exclusive relationship with her, IMO.

Last edited:
Zonk1189 said:
IMO its unfair to compare Charlene and Grace. The main difference is the time frame between the two "relatoinships." Grace and Rainier dated 50 years ago, the press was not as relentless as it is now (now you know almost everything about a couple's relationship) and I thiink we all can agree that "dating" is different.

Prince Felipe of Spain and his wife dated in our modern era. There was not one shot of Laetizia sitting in his lap at events. She gave no interviews equivalent to Charlene's "soulmates" and "Turin is for lovers", etc.....
In fact, most people didn't know they were dating until the engagement was announced.

Taste and class are timeless.....
Grace had it then , recently the Crown Princess of Spain had it while dating Felipe---but Charlene just doesn't have it....

Last edited:
teense said:
Prince Felipe of Spain and his wife dated in our modern era. There was not one shot of Laetizia sitting in his lap at events. She gave no interviews equivalent to Charlene's "soulmates" and "Turin is for lovers", etc.....
In fact, most people didn't know they were dating until the engagement was announced.

Grace had it then , recently the Crown Princess of Spain had it while dating Felipe---but Charlene just doesn't have it....

I have to agree with teense...
Maybe all of Charlene & her family's posturing has to do with the fact that she knows that she and Albert are not exclusive. She may be the alpha girlfriend, a/k/a "official companion," but I don't think she believes he's a monk when she's not around. She probably wants to be the one and only but she probably also realizes that if she pushes it she'll end up like Alicia or any of the others who may have assumed they were exclusive.

Teense may have some points..but remember..the comparison was Charlene and Grace NOT Charlene and Leitizia.

And I also think its unfair to compare the relationship/courtships of The Royal Family of Monaco with that of Spain. For years, Monaco has a uneasy relationship with the press...that is why more information is known about their lives and the Monaco Princesses are hounded more so that the Spanish Infantas for example.

In regards to the Charlene's family posturing, I must admit I am not that familiar with the antics of her family. BUT it should also be acknowledge that 1) you can pick your friends but not your family; 2) and sometimes even though they should..your family doesn't always have your best interests in heart. Just because her family says or does something that doesn't necessarily mean that they speak for Charlene. For another recent example, think of Mette-Marit's father. Just a thought.

pinklady1991 said:
I have to agree with teense...
Maybe all of Charlene & her family's posturing has to do with the fact that she knows that she and Albert are not exclusive. She may be the alpha girlfriend, a/k/a "official companion," but I don't think she believes he's a monk when she's not around. She probably wants to be the one and only but she probably also realizes that if she pushes it she'll end up like Alicia or any of the others who may have assumed they were exclusive.
The sad thing is that she is living with him at the moment, in his various apartments and he still sleeps around. It is not like she is in South Africa when he is doing it. No, she is waiting in Paris for his call. Still he doesn't call her, he prefers someone else.

Donna said:
The sad thing is that she is living with him at the moment, in his various apartments and he still sleeps around. It is not like she is in South Africa when he is doing it. No, she is waiting in Paris for his call. Still he doesn't call her, he prefers someone else.
And how exactly do you know he is doing this? Are you a close friend of his? And how do you know that she is waiting around for his call? Maybe, just maybe they have an open relationship- as in they both have others that they date. It is known to happen.

Donna said:

Where is your proof? I thought speculation was frowned upon on this forum.

originally posted by Teense

Great points Teense. If Letizia would have acted like CW did in those photos of Olympics, Maldives, etc... and gave those quotes CW did she would have been splashed all over the magazines just as CW was. But Letizia had too much class for that. And her discretion paid off, just as Grace's did 50 years ago, as they both became beautiful respected Princesses. Not "official compaions"

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Donna

Yes Donna, can't you see how much Prince Albert loves Charlene?

He is only out kissing and chatting up other beautiful women because he loves her so much. ;)

He only proclaimed on Worldwide television that he had no intentions on marrying her now or in the distant future because he wanted the world to see just how much he loves her.. ;)

He invited her back to Monaco sandwiched in between his dates with Heather and the other identified blonde because he wants her to see she is the only woman in his life.;)

IMO the fact that she came back in light of all of this that has been publicized does suggest she is just waiting for him to call her for her next event. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I just wish for her own good, she would demand a little more respect than what she is getting. If it is just an open relationship, why did the South African magazine proclaim how in love she was with him, why did she quote that they were soul mates, and let the world know they were lovers. These quotes suggest otherwise.

But you can't blame PA in this scenario. He was crystal clear in his interview. He was honest to her and to the world that he has NO intentions on marrying now or in the distant future. If anyone else sees his relationship with CW as anything more than just one of his many women then they are being just a little bit delusional.

Just my opinion.

WindsorIII said:
Yes Donna, can't you see how much Prince Albert loves Charlene?

He is only out kissing and chatting up other beautiful women because he loves her so much. ;)

He only proclaimed on Worldwide television that he had no intentions on marrying her now or in the distant future because he wanted the world to see just how much he loves her.. ;)

He invited her back to Monaco sandwiched in between his dates with Heather and the other identified blonde because he wants her to see she is the only woman in his life.;)

IMO the fact that she came back in light of all of this that has been publicized does suggest she is just waiting for him to call her for her next event. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I just wish for her own good, she would demand a little more respect than what she is getting. If it is just an open relationship, why did the South African magazine proclaim how in love she was with him, why did she quote that they were soul mates, and let the world know they were lovers. These quotes suggest otherwise.

But you can't blame PA in this scenario. He was crystal clear in his interview. He was honest to her and to the world that he has NO intentions on marrying now or in the distant future. If anyone else sees his relationship with CW as anything more than just one of his many women then they are being just a little bit delusional.

Just my opinion.

Hi Windsor! I was having one of my daydreams and I thought I wonder if he is telling CW don't mind all these other women, it's just a cover for us to protect our relationship from the press!!!! I know delusional! What else can it be?

WindsorIII said:

Because it sells lots and lots of South African magazines.
Hey-» a French magazine had his front page saying that cancer is striking back a second time at Céline Dion's family - her husband would now have it on his amygdales! and not a word about that here.. her hometown.

Yes Windsor - I agree with all your points, which is why she is just so perfect for him IMO. She doesn't mind sharing the limelight with thousand other girls and that is what our precious prince wants. She does athletics so they have something to talk about. I think he should marry her. She will not be what Monaco needs, but hey they can always get another prince.

Zonk1189 said:
In regards to the Charlene's family posturing, I must admit I am not that familiar with the antics of her family. BUT it should also be acknowledge that 1) you can pick your friends but not your family; 2) and sometimes even though they should..your family doesn't always have your best interests in heart. Just because her family says or does something that doesn't necessarily mean that they speak for Charlene. For another recent example, think of Mette-Marit's father. Just a thought.

True, Grace's mother did that 10-part series on Grace's life for the Philadelphia Enquirer after the engagement was announced and Grace hit the roof. However, I believe Charlene's family is/was following her lead. She made offhand comments to the press about their relationship in Turin and in other articles which to me shows a lack of self-respect. Her seeming acceptance of Albert's philandering just reinforces my opinion. If she can't respect herself enough to leave then why should Albert respect her? It's probably a strategy of reverse psychology: those who complained were left behind; if she doesn't complain the relationship continues. Unfortunately, Albert isn't going to succumb to that tactic. He's the type of guy who is probably always going to wonder what else is out there and go searching for it. Yet I do think there is hope: look at Warren Beatty. Once he met the right woman, it was all over for him. Even Jack Nicholson talks about how he's now the devoted family man. I have a feeling Albert will be the same way.

This is a thread to discuss Charlene Wittstock's current events, not to go round in the same old circles about comparisons with Grace, what Albert's intentions are, which other girlfriends he's seeing, and whether they should get married. If this derailing of the thread keeps up, the moderators will be closing it long enough to make some wholesale deletions.

Now can we please get back on topic?

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator

Here are new pics of them, but please stay on topic and please take a look at Elspeth's post above.

Polfoto

Prince Albert II with Charlene Wittstock in Monaco
Prince Albert II of Monaco with his girlfriend, Charlene Wittstock in love pictured in Monaco on September 2, 2006.

1im7.jpg
2yg6.jpg
3qo7.jpg
4it5.jpg

Thanks for the pictures tbhrc!
I'm really happy to see new photos of them together.:)

I like the way they hold hands and touch. A question for those hwo know more about rpince albert: is he a guy to easily holding hands with a woman or is this rather rare with him?

They look so cute in matching outfits, like they have been married forever. :wub:

Donna said:
Wait, you speak like you know CW personally and have information the rest of us don't. What gives.

Nice pictures. I like her top as well. Nice to see them together & having a fun day together.

I like his pictures. I`m happy to see them together again.

Donna said:
They look so cute in matching outfits, like they have been married forever. :wub:
crack me up donna!! my husband would die before he left dressed alike

Lady Jennifer said:
Nice pictures. I like her top as well. Nice to see them together & having a fun day together.
yes and nice to see how seriously Albert takes his environmental ambition by using a boat to get to the restaurant instead of taking the car. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom