The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 12:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
Isn't it somewhat ironic that now people are quoting Albert's "I am not looking to get married" comment as if its gospel. Didn't he say the same thing about both of his kids? Basically denied their existence until DNA showed otherwise.

Deny Deny Deny.

Sorry, as far as I am concerned Albert's word really means nothing.
Yes, he is illusive. But he doesn't deny, he uses A LOT of legal ease, losts of vague answers and political ease. He never actually came out and denied Jazmin. He doesn't want to be called a liar.

Go look at the current events thread. He is being accused by another woman of father her child. More info should be comming in the next few weeks.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:20 AM
Gentry

Gente

There is this news in a italian newspaper called il resto del carlino..

http://ilrestodelcarlino.quotidiano....21:/2006/08/29:

It says that on italian magazine GENTE, there are some photos of Albert flirting with a blond girl that is not Charlene... They write that He kissed here all day and the situation was too hot

I don't have pictures.. anyone can help me???

Maybe the girl is Charlene, but I'm not sure...

Michy

Old 08-30-2006, 02:24 AM
Nobility

who is M Deslandes and what did he say about charlene?
Old 08-30-2006, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMichelle
There is this news in a italian newspaper called il resto del carlino..

http://ilrestodelcarlino.quotidiano....21:/2006/08/29:

It says that on italian magazine GENTE, there are some photos of Albert flirting with a blond girl that is not Charlene... They write that He kissed here all day and the situation was too hot

I don't have pictures.. anyone can help me???

Maybe the girl is Charlene, but I'm not sure...

Michy
Sorry, I can't read that on line article, as it keeps on saying the page doesn't exist.

I haven't seen the GENTE pics, but they must be the same appeared on DIVA mag a couple of weeks ago, where Albert showed up with a young blonde girl during a short vacation in Sardinia.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:27 AM
Gentry

try with

try with this link:

http://qn.quotidiano.net/2006/08/30/pages/artI5432621.html

M.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Serene Highness

What is a head of state doing kissing women in public anyway? I'm sorry, but it looks very bad

(if it's true, of course)

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 08-30-2006, 10:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
What is a head of state doing kissing women in public anyway? I'm sorry, but it looks very bad

(if it's true, of course)
I agree. For Albert, will adolescence ever end?
Old 08-30-2006, 10:53 AM
Nobility

Could it be the same woman he was holding hands with and kissing in public when he was in New Haven for his mother's 50th Anniversary of High Society?

It seems like he's been out there kissing a few women since he wrote off Charlene on Worldwide television.

I really wish Charlene would have some dignity for the love of god and walk away before no one ever respects her. Prince Albert dismissed her on worldwide television then has been seen out kissing other blonds and it is reported in magazines.

What other signs does she need? She really looks desperate by hanging around and trying to cling to him after all of this.

Here is the quote from People Magazine.

Who's That Girl?
436 words
28 August 2006
People Magazine
Volume 66; Issue 9;

Monaco's Prince Albert dismisses wedding rumors and steps out with another blonde beauty.

Despite reports that Prince Albert was about to propose to Charlene Wittstock, 28, his girlfriend of nine months, marriage now appears to rank low on the princely to-do list. In Newport, R.I., on the weekend of Aug. 11 for a jazz festival and charity event, Albert, 48, was accompanied by Heather Van Zuidam, a Naples, Fla., real estate agent; they were guests of the private club Carnegie Abbey. Though they held hands and shared a kiss, Van Zuidam, 33, told PEOPLE she met Albert at a tennis event in Monaco 15 years ago and that they are "longtime friends." So will Albert--who in June acknowledged paternity of a second child born out of wedlock--ever marry? In an Aug. 13 interview with Good Morning America, he avowed, "I have no plans in the near or distant future."
Old 08-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Serene Highness

From the pictures, I like Miss Van Zuidam. I wonder if there are any more pics of their interaction in Newport? Interesting that they have been friends for 15 years, but we are just hearing her name. PA knows how to keep women he likes to himself, eh?

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 08-30-2006, 11:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
what did M. Deslanders say about her?
a here is a made-up situation: if prince albert said "charlene jump"
would her reply be:
a-how high?
b-man, u have lost your mind to be asking me to do that
c-pay him no attention
again, people this is just for fun
The translation is in the achievement thread. He didn't name her but from the context when it was given, it was pretty clear whome he was aiming at. A few days later he gave another interview to the same paper with no reference to Albert, his Olympic absences and education. No comparison with Rainier either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDianafan
who is M Deslandes and what did he say about charlene?
he was Monacos equivalent of a minister of the interior and education.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
That would be Kates mum, also known as Texans Kelly, right?

Personally I think though that Charlene would have a much tougher time then Grace ever had. She has lost so much respect in advance and M. Deslandes parting interview was pretty clearly aimed at her and showed clearly what those in power think of her. I don't think that something similar happened to Grace. I doubt that anyone would have dared to make such comments during rainiers rule. Grace suffered, but she suffered pretty much in silence.
Isn't there a big difference between Grace and Charlene? I mean in the way that their relationships with the Princes have been handled at least by the medias?

Prince Ranier made a clear commitment to Grace and he married her. Yes, times were different than now, but still he made clear his intentions to marry with her and his 'team' had to line up with that once it was decided that a commitment to Grace was going to happen.

Albert, on the other hand, has clearly said that is is not even considering to marry Charlene. They are adults and entitled to have any kind of relation they want like everyone else, but he has not made any commitment to her and even the palace has been made clear that CW is only to be Albert's 'companion' to go with him a few places in public and in private.

But who knows, he likes her enough to keep inviting her out to different places. Maybe CW will eventually become Albert's 'longtime companion'.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia

Prince Ranier made a clear commitment to Grace and he married her. Yes, times were different than now, but still he made clear his intentions to marry with her and his 'team' had to get on board with that once it was decided that a commitment to her was on the table.
Albert, on the other hand, has clearly said that is is not even considering to marry Charlene. He has not made any commitment to her and even the palace has been made clear that CW is only to be Albert's 'companion' to go with him a few places in public and in private.
So true! Grace and Rainier's engagement seems so romantic!! They weren't seen canoodling around beforehand.The people of Monaco heard the announcement of their future Princess and that was that.... Once announced there was no waffling back and forth ------
They courted privately , much like Felipe and his Crown princess.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:49 AM
Courtier

why cant he when he is "Working" not take anyone with him to these parties etc , and when he has private time ,away from the world he then can have his blondes and brunettes !! but taking women to formly duties doesnt look right, if he isnt serious about them ! just looks tacky !
Old 09-01-2006, 08:59 AM
Administrator

IMO its unfair to compare Charlene and Grace. The main difference is the time frame between the two "relatoinships." Grace and Rainier dated 50 years ago, the press was not as relentless as it is now (now you know almost everything about a couple's relationship) and I thiink we all can agree that "dating" is different.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
I agree. the only things that Grace and Charlene have in common are: they both are blonde, blue eyed and native English speakers.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
From the pictures, I like Miss Van Zuidam. I wonder if there are any more pics of their interaction in Newport? Interesting that they have been friends for 15 years, but we are just hearing her name. PA knows how to keep women he likes to himself, eh?
can you give me the link with photos?? Thanks
Old 09-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
originally posted by LadyMichelle
can you give me the link with photos?? Thanks
LadyMichelle here is the link to the photos of Prince Albert with Heather Van Suidam, the woman who he took to the Jazz Festival in New Port. See the above People Magazine artical above in post #28 Apparently they have been friends for many years meeting at a Tennis Tournament. She is very pretty.

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryList...4805&ym=200608

<removed question to moderator - tbhrc>
Old 09-01-2006, 07:25 PM
Serene Highness

Well, I would guess that if CW knew those pictures are out there with PA and this other lady (I believe the caption reads August 11, 2006), then I think she would know clearly that she is certainly not exclusive in taking a first class box seat next to PA at sporting events at least, if that little commentary about HvZ is true, that is. Maybe she's comfortable with it. Heather Van Zuidam was not at Rose Ball, MC Grand Prix or those other events with PA.

He invited CW to those and other events, but he's made it clear that he's not in some completely exclusive relationship with her, IMO.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
IMO its unfair to compare Charlene and Grace. The main difference is the time frame between the two "relatoinships." Grace and Rainier dated 50 years ago, the press was not as relentless as it is now (now you know almost everything about a couple's relationship) and I thiink we all can agree that "dating" is different.
Prince Felipe of Spain and his wife dated in our modern era. There was not one shot of Laetizia sitting in his lap at events. She gave no interviews equivalent to Charlene's "soulmates" and "Turin is for lovers", etc.....
In fact, most people didn't know they were dating until the engagement was announced.

Taste and class are timeless.....
Grace had it then , recently the Crown Princess of Spain had it while dating Felipe---but Charlene just doesn't have it....
Old 09-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by teense
Prince Felipe of Spain and his wife dated in our modern era. There was not one shot of Laetizia sitting in his lap at events. She gave no interviews equivalent to Charlene's "soulmates" and "Turin is for lovers", etc.....
In fact, most people didn't know they were dating until the engagement was announced.

Taste and class are timeless.....
Grace had it then , recently the Crown Princess of Spain had it while dating Felipe---but Charlene just doesn't have it....
I have to agree with teense...
Maybe all of Charlene & her family's posturing has to do with the fact that she knows that she and Albert are not exclusive. She may be the alpha girlfriend, a/k/a "official companion," but I don't think she believes he's a monk when she's not around. She probably wants to be the one and only but she probably also realizes that if she pushes it she'll end up like Alicia or any of the others who may have assumed they were exclusive.