The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Serene Highness

Well, CW is a grown up and so is PA. She knew (or should have known) what she was doing when she started hanging out with him in public and doing whatever they did in private.

PA never actually committed to her (no surprise there) and that's basically the end of any marriage talk regardless of what CW family might have said in the papers about her/their hopes, or what she herself may have been thinking, if anything.

I don't recall reading anywhere that CW said herself that she wanted to marry PA. Or did she ever say anything like that at all?

Old 08-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Commoner

Why would he invite her to the Ball in August if he was not still interested? I did not hear anywhere that the relationship is over, did anyone else?

Old 08-21-2006, 06:18 PM
Commoner

I think they state now that the relationship is over because Albert said in his latest interview that he had no plans to marry in the near or distant future.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Why would he invite her to the Ball in August if he was not still interested? I did not hear anywhere that the relationship is over, did anyone else?
Strange question...She was presented as a companion, i.e. the person who shall accompany him to any public event. That was her job
Old 08-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Aristocracy

Today the weekly magazine of Corriere della Sera, page 22, quotes Charlotte Wittstock, captioned as "fiancee of Albert of Monaco" as saying:
"Alberto confessed me that he had to get married quickly and produce an heir, otherwise he should rely on his nephew, Carolina's son". Source quoted: VSD, 15th August 2006.

Original Italian version: "Alberto mi ha confessato che doveva sbrigarsi a sposarsi e ad avere un erede o avrebbe dovuto rivolgersi a suo nipote, il figlio di Carolina".

Does anybody know what "VSD" is?
Old 08-24-2006, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Last weeks issue of Italian mag "DIVAeDONNA" had pictures of devastated looking Charlene at the airport leaving for South Africa ( so read the captions).It also had a couple of pictures of Albert in the company of a young blonde lady while taking part of a boat race in Sardinia. Needless to say the mag was speculating...
Sorry, I do not have the mag!
Old 08-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Here's the link to the pics of Charlene leaving at Nice airport, soon after the Red Cross Ball published by "DIVA" mag.
http://archive.olycom.it/olycom/offe...do?idoff=27582
Old 08-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Courtier

Charlene has been saying that since their first date in '01. While a rather reputable newspaper has printed this most recent statement, it sounds to me like some sort of counter PR move by Charlene's camp.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Gentry

does anyone have larger pics of albert and the blonde on the yacht in Sardinia that was mentioned above.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Courtier

If she said that (and we don't really know) it suggests her continued unnecessary and ill-advised comments to the press. A 'no comment' is just fine. And to say anything about the succession and 'relying on his nephew' is so inappropriate. On the other hand she has been surviving these comments since 2001 when she first met Albert and he still has her around. But this kind of indiscretion with the press is what got Marie Cavillier (Prince Joachim's ex) booted from the royal girlfriend category. I really liked her but unfortunately she couldn't keep her mouth shut.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Aristocracy

Hopefully, this is just speculation from the rags to boost sales.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
On the other hand she has been surviving these comments since 2001 when she first met Albert and he still has her around. But this kind of indiscretion with the press is what got Marie Cavillier (Prince Joachim's ex) booted from the royal girlfriend category.
Albert is not Joachim and he is much more at ease with scandals and indiscretions.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Courtier

She does not look sad in those pics...she looks pissed off!

Is this the last that has been seen of her? Is she back in So. Africa not to be the "offical companion" any more?

Just wondering.....
Old 08-24-2006, 09:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa
She does not look sad in those pics...she looks pissed off!

Is this the last that has been seen of her? Is she back in So. Africa not to be the "offical companion" any more?

Just wondering.....
It will be interesting to see if they are together again, but I don't think it will happen. His interview seemed to be saying CW isn't the one. If she heard about the interview and went back with him, I'd be VERY surprised. I couldn't be with a man who essentially said he didn't have a future with me, even if it was just casual dating, etc. I think the Red Cross ball was her time to shine, and even though she cleaned up well, she didn't inspire him to propose. That's why I thought it was odd that she high-tailed it out of Monaco so soon after the ball.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 08-25-2006, 02:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
If she heard about the interview and went back with him, I'd be VERY surprised. I couldn't be with a man who essentially said he didn't have a future with me, even if it was just casual dating, etc.
If Charlene shows up again, I will believe all of the negative things I have heard about her. There is no way you could convince me that she is there for anything but the money and title.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:56 AM
Commoner

All he said in the interview is that, right now, he has no plans to marry - either now or in the future. That doesn't mean things couldn't change. Right now, I have no plans to marry either but it doesn't mean I'm dead set against the idea!
Old 08-25-2006, 07:54 AM
Nobility

Maybe he is trying to throw them off track. Or maybe they really have broken up. A relationship with a prince isn't necessarily a fairytale - case in point Princess Diana and more recently Alexandra of Denmark.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey321
All he said in the interview is that, right now, he has no plans to marry - either now or in the future. That doesn't mean things couldn't change. Right now, I have no plans to marry either but it doesn't mean I'm dead set against the idea!
True, but she and her family have been playing the marriage card very strongly. I don't think Albert ruled out the idea entirely either but he might have been feeling pushed all the way around (Charlene, the press, family, gov't...) and he just wanted to put an end to all of it.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:42 PM
Nobility

With regard to the airport pictures: am I alone in finding it slightly odd that CW needs a permanent babysitter? She's all grown up, probably used to travel alone. Monaco isn't that big, so it's hard to get lost and I presume most people speak English. So why does or did she need a full time babysitter in the shape of Albert's physical trainer? She was never alone, as far as we know. She was either with Albert or with his trainer. Why? To protect her from making stupid mistakes or talking to the press? To serve as a bodyguard? To stop her feeling lonely (no underhand insinuations here BTW)? Surely she can walk the streets of Monaco alone? It's apparently one of the safest places in the world....
Old 08-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
Charlene has been saying that since their first date in '01. While a rather reputable newspaper has printed this most recent statement, it sounds to me like some sort of counter PR move by Charlene's camp.
Maybe, but hasn't it been reported that PA hands that same line to young women all the time? If he said that (who knows if he did or not ) then to me he sould sound like he knows just what to say to plant the 'princess' idea into some young woman's head and let her go spinning off like a top in some crazy direction because there are a lot of young women that want to get married, then he can dump them when he's tired by issuing a statement that he has no intention whatever to marry anyone.

Maybe it is meant to buffer CW somehow. After all, wasn't it reported that she hired a PR person for herself?

Closed Thread