The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Aristocracy

So here we all are back at the door of speculation with some interesting points. I would certainly imagine he discussed the status, etc and his announcement with her. But I guess I'm feeling rather soft and old-fashioned and coming out of a sisterhood point of view.

I'm remembering all of the enthusiastic comments made by herself and her family. Which to my mind were unfortunate as many of you said back at the time. Some of you are being very broad-minded and adult-dismissive, but I feel embarrassed for her. I rather thought they had a rather camaraderi-type, at least, relationship going. Perhaps now that, whatever it was that was necessary to display so publicly (and the press thing was 2-way-he needed the press and they want him) will now be conducted less so, if possible.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Nobility

it's too bad for charlene...but the relationship can still continue even if PA doesn't want it to end with marriage. but for a prince to act out the way he did, this is not going to sound very nice in the ears of people and now that he mentioned that he is not going to get married any time soon... well, he is entitled to his decisions anyway.

but if he leave not legitimate child, then princess caroline can rule ...eventually she would probably give the throne to andrea... and we're going to have a very very nice talks in the future

Old 08-18-2006, 09:23 PM

Prince Albert will get married one day, he will be happy, and his children will reign.

He just hasn't found his princess charming yet. I believe he is an intense person and is looking for genuine comprehension, unconditional love, and an understanding and supportive woman. There is nothing ambitious about that. He wants what we all want and unfortunately Charlene did not measure up.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:19 PM
Aristocracy

Charlene

I wonder if Prince Albert is going to marry miss Wittstock they have been together for a while, If they get married then that would be great another royal wedding. If they don't get married then bring on the next women she will probably be just as likeable.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:00 AM
Nobility

Poor thing. It looked like it was headed toward an engagement - the poor girl must be devastated.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara20052
I wonder if Prince Albert is going to marry miss Wittstock they have been together for a while, If they get married then that would be great another royal wedding. If they don't get married then bring on the next women she will probably be just as likeable.
Hopefully even more likeable! And even more stunning! And with even more beautiful eyes! And with slightly smaller shoulders! And ....

What I really want to see is Albert so much in love that he will actually show his affection for his lady at official functions. So far he is like an icecube, treating his dates as if they were contagious.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:58 AM
Aristocracy

I think she would be a very good wife for prince Albert..
Old 08-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
So far he is like an icecube, treating his dates as if they were contagious.
looking at his history, I think they must be - one girlfriend follows the next. Come to think of it maybe we should consider this constant turnover of women as some sort of virus for which no cure has been found -yet, hopefully.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Serene Highness

The only thing I can get out of the interview is that he has no plans to marry his current girlfriend. He wanted to squash that rumor since all the mags had Chalene picking out her china pattern and being fitted for her dress.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 08-19-2006, 07:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
The only thing I can get out of the interview is that he has no plans to marry his current girlfriend. He wanted to squash that rumor since all the mags had Chalene picking out her china pattern and being fitted for her dress.
Yes!
She could have squashed the speculation herself when she was being asked about it instead of fueling them on, which would have prevented PA from having to do it in a public way.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:30 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDianafan
Poor thing. It looked like it was headed toward an engagement - the poor girl must be devastated.
A lot of people on this forum, are acting like maybe this was the first time charlene was hearing about PA not intending to marry yet. I don't think the interview was a suprise to her. I am sure she knew the deal all along. At one point I'm sure PA did tell her "lady we are just having fun, no expectations". So even though she may hope he might change his mind, she also knows what the deal is. And has chosen to stay in it regardless. Well while it lasts, and why not. I'm sure she is having an experience of a lifetime for now. Traveling, staying in fancy hotels, Attending exclusive soirees that even some celebrities might not be invited to, etc. If she decides marriage is important to her then at that point, she can leave him. But she will have enjoyed it. Until then, let her have fun, she is single and only 28. She has all the time in the world to get married and have kids if she so desires.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:12 PM
Commoner

Has anyone thought that maybe its Charlene that doesn't want to get married? Maybe Albert was trying to save face by saying its him that doesn't want to marry when in actuality its her. Or maybe they have an agreement that they will just date, thats all. There are some people who aren't the marrying kind & maybe Charlene is one of those people.
Plus she knew his reputation/past history with women going into the relationship.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabilo
A lot of people on this forum, are acting like maybe this was the first time charlene was hearing about PA not intending to marry yet. I don't think the interview was a suprise to her. I am sure she knew the deal all along. At one point I'm sure PA did tell her "lady we are just having fun, no expectations". So even though she may hope he might change his mind, she also knows what the deal is. And has chosen to stay in it regardless. Well while it lasts, and why not. I'm sure she is having an experience of a lifetime for now. Traveling, staying in fancy hotels, Attending exclusive soirees that even some celebrities might not be invited to, etc. If she decides marriage is important to her then at that point, she can leave him. But she will have enjoyed it. Until then, let her have fun, she is single and only 28. She has all the time in the world to get married and have kids if she so desires.
Correct me if I'm wrong but awhile back when it was reported he was seen with other women Charlene's father gave an interview to Bunte where he supossedly said it was her task to become the only women in his life. That sounds pretty much like a someone after the $$$ not his heart.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabilo
Ya know, a lot of guys are up front with women in the beginning of a relationship, yet these women still hold on to hope that they will become the one. If PA told her not to expect anything, she clearly didn't pay heed since she and her family were babbling to the tabloids. She clearly had "expectations."

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 08-21-2006, 01:22 AM
Aristocracy

Right Burberry. And just about any woman would , even with the slightest attraction for/to a man. That was some heavy emotional and probably physical pressure. And isn't that what the guys want? (And if I can get by with this) Doesn't that make the whole interaction super superb and pleasing? And I must say, its all in the" game." Actually here are, I think, some helpful lessons exhibited here for the ladies-mum, my dears.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:38 AM
Courtier

The news /media says that Charlene might be a potiental princess to Albert, The Prince Of Monaco I do not know about that only time will tell where their relationship will go.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:22 AM
Nobility

I do not think charlene had expectations to marry albert because I don't believe he ever planned to marry. I believe him when he says he has no intentions to marry. As I have said before why should he marry there is no reason the throne is safe he does not have to have an heir. He can have official companions without the headache of divorce. Besides at his age I am pretty sure he is set in his ways why would he want to change now.

In my opinion I think people want the fairy tale wedding and bride for Albert like Ranier and Grace but the fact is Ranier had to marry or lose everything he arranged things so his son won't lose anything and does not have to marry. Probably because he knew or saw that his son had no intentions of getting married. He already has children and even there his lifestyle hasn't had to change he sees them and they go home.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou
Correct me if I'm wrong but awhile back when it was reported he was seen with other women Charlene's father gave an interview to Bunte where he supossedly said it was her task to become the only women in his life. That sounds pretty much like a someone after the $$$ not his heart.
I recall that as well. When a man keeps telling women he has to get married and produce an heir he is being up front and honest he is looking for someone to take the long haul with him to settle down and have a family. If he falls in love with her and see fits then it won't come as a surprise if he says he wants to get married. Most men don't say anything when they meet you except perhaps I am not interested in getting married and most aren't that tell you that and all you are is a lay over.
http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=en&ie=ASCII
Prince Albert & Charlene
Why the wedding really burst…

She wanted to marry, he a baby test
As “the current” reveals, Charlene Albert would gladly have married, because she really loves him. But for the prince this marriage is to have been attached at conditions, to which the professional swimmer does not want to go into the net.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Commoner

Here's the direct link:
http://www.berlinonline.de/berliner-...en/134975.html
Old 08-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Aristocracy

Oh my goodness….these tabloids get ridiculous by the minute! What a pitiful little article. They are really desperate, if they can not get accurate information, anything will do! Gee wiz.

Closed Thread