The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 08-16-2006, 12:02 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by brother
Any woman who has self respect would end a relationship with a man who says they don't have a future together. If she accepts to be his girlfriend, this means her motivation was/is money and his life style. don't tell me she can love a man that doesn't want her.
I am confused. Why is it all or nothing. So Charlene can't be with Albert unless the goal is to get married? Who says she wants to marry him. Perhaps she is not at the stage where she is ready to get married? You don't think they have talked about this before? I am sure he didn't do a Matt Damon and just announce on television without her knowing about it. If she continues to date him why must it be because of money/lifestyle. For all practical purposes, they are two grown people who apprently enjoy each other's company...when and if they end it will be their decision.
__________________

  #122  
Old 08-16-2006, 12:26 PM
tbhrc's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: *Ruhrgebiet*, Germany
Posts: 9,368
I'm not sure why everyone is soo surprised by his tv interview. Last time he said that he has no intensions to get married was in the Paris Match Interview last July. And after that Charlene accompanied him to several events. He is just repeating himself.
__________________

__________________
_*_*_tbhrc_*_*_
'I think optimism is a choice one makes. For me, the cup is half full. Or maybe a quarter full. Or at least there is a cup.
Or there could be a cup…' (Princess Caroline of Hanover)
  #123  
Old 08-16-2006, 01:01 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
Make me barf. That's like when we matched our date's tie & cummerbund to our prom dresses.
I remember those days - I think we we teenagers! But I can see her doing that - misguided as it was - or just desparate
  #124  
Old 08-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Olka's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 106
I don't know if it's been posted already, but there is a link to the interview:

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2307684

  #125  
Old 08-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: newyork, United States
Posts: 479
It shouldn't be shocking that he doesn't plan to get married. He has never acted like he planned to. I think when Ranier changed the succession he knew Albert had no intention of getting married. He really has no reason to get married everything is covered now more than enough people to one day rule monaco. And we all know he already has a son and a daughter so he has children.
  #126  
Old 08-16-2006, 02:35 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
I'm not sure why everyone is soo surprised by his tv interview. Last time he said that he has no intensions to get married was in the Paris Match Interview last July. And after that Charlene accompanied him to several events. He is just repeating himself.
I'm confused here...I missed the July '06 article in Paris-Match, is that the one you were referring to? In July '05, in his "exclusive" to Point de Vue, he said that when he found the right person he would get married and raise a family. In July in Le Point, he repeated the position that he hadn't found the right person yet. Who knows what bee gets in his bonnet and what he says...I think the GMA interview pretty much was I have no plans to get married anytime in the near or distant future at this time. What made it so surprising is rather than seeing it in print, it actually came from his lips (read or otherwise) and one could understand tone.
  #127  
Old 08-16-2006, 03:10 PM
tbhrc's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: *Ruhrgebiet*, Germany
Posts: 9,368
No I'm talking about the interview he gave last month to Virginie Luc, it was published in Paris Match, Stern, Chi..... He said something like that he doesn't want to be agitated to marriage by the media and press. And that he is going to marry if the time is right.....
__________________
_*_*_tbhrc_*_*_
'I think optimism is a choice one makes. For me, the cup is half full. Or maybe a quarter full. Or at least there is a cup.
Or there could be a cup…' (Princess Caroline of Hanover)
  #128  
Old 08-16-2006, 04:33 PM
Heidi P.'s Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbia, United States
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
I'm not sure why everyone is soo surprised by his tv interview. Last time he said that he has no intensions to get married was in the Paris Match Interview last July. And after that Charlene accompanied him to several events. He is just repeating himself.
You are absolutely right. He has said this many times before. Did he say it on one of several of his visits to Larry King?
  #129  
Old 08-16-2006, 05:21 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: --xxSan Diego, Algeria
Posts: 126
TBHRC, Heidi and everybody. About 6 weeks ago didn't PA say to some media person, "I won't be alone for long. and I do p lan to get married" or something like that?

Why wouldn't we be surprised.? Some of you folks had a big differing discussion trying to show how "adoring" he was of Charlene at the last function? Remember? This big international romance from sea to sea, country to country could not have been better scripted in Hollywood-such a paramour, such a lover! All for naught?

And no, I agree with somebody up there, this is not normal. It seems he's playing to maybe his principality and everybody that he's a great lover. But when the deal goes down, he ops out.

I fear for his real genuine happiness as the years go on. He's looking like a sad old man-really. And he doesnn't want to play a father. Maybe he needs a child's love-that doesn't end and is unconditional
  #130  
Old 08-16-2006, 07:02 PM
starnightsky's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Nice, United States
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by seto
It shouldn't be shocking that he doesn't plan to get married. He has never acted like he planned to. I think when Ranier changed the succession he knew Albert had no intention of getting married. He really has no reason to get married everything is covered now more than enough people to one day rule monaco. And we all know he already has a son and a daughter so he has children.
I've always believe what you have written. I wonder what the dynamics between Rainier and Albert were? It's like he knew Rainier wanted him to get married and have kids but Albert has rebelled for some reason. I don't believe that he hasn't or can't find the right woman. I know detractors will say that we don't know what is going on in his head but how many Princes in recent history are 48 years old and not married with kids? It's part of their royal duty and tradition to do so. I'm sure it's drilled into them from the time they are little to carry on the royal tradition(s). That being said - I wouldn't want to be a royal. Imagine having your life mapped out for you before you are even born?
  #131  
Old 08-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: xxx, United States
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
I am confused. Why is it all or nothing. So Charlene can't be with Albert unless the goal is to get married? Who says she wants to marry him. Perhaps she is not at the stage where she is ready to get married? You don't think they have talked about this before? I am sure he didn't do a Matt Damon and just announce on television without her knowing about it. If she continues to date him why must it be because of money/lifestyle. For all practical purposes, they are two grown people who apprently enjoy each other's company...when and if they end it will be their decision.
Well said, thank you. Let her have fun. She is only 28yrs. A lot of women her age and even older are doing the same exact thing only they are with men who are not famous like him. How many women have sugardaddy's? She has a lot to gain out of it. Who knows maybe through him when the relationship is over, she will have found somebody marriable and her age amongst his acquantances if she does decide to be married.
  #132  
Old 08-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Posts: 7,672
Maybe she is living just for this moment....or maybe she doesn't see a future with him either. There are people that do date and have fun, hang out, do all that stuff but then it ends- no harm no foul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brother
Any woman who has self respect would end a relationship with a man who says they don't have a future together.
__________________
"Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed." - Corita Kent
Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

  #133  
Old 08-16-2006, 07:44 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
I'm confused here...I missed the July '06 article in Paris-Match, is that the one you were referring to? In July '05, in his "exclusive" to Point de Vue, he said that when he found the right person he would get married and raise a family. In July in Le Point, he repeated the position that he hadn't found the right person yet. Who knows what bee gets in his bonnet and what he says...I think the GMA interview pretty much was I have no plans to get married anytime in the near or distant future at this time. What made it so surprising is rather than seeing it in print, it actually came from his lips (read or otherwise) and one could understand tone.
It is confusing but I think he wants it that way and also I think he is a maybe frustrated because now the spot light is totally on him and there is no escape plus his father isn't hear to keep things quite. I'm just guessing of course but on the other hand he is in some way just repeating what he has always said. Maybe everyone is tired of hearing it?
  #134  
Old 08-16-2006, 07:53 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Close to Washington, DC, United States
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neat2912
TBHRC, Heidi and everybody. About 6 weeks ago didn't PA say to some media person, "I won't be alone for long. and I do p lan to get married" or something like that?
Thank you so much for the reminder Neat! He actually did say those words!
What changed his mind?
I really think something bad went down at that Ball. Charlene literally was sent packing.... The opening scenes of the Ball looked grim... And I guess it went downhill from there......
  #135  
Old 08-16-2006, 08:02 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by teense
Thank you so much for the reminder Neat! He actually did say those words!
What changed his mind?
I really think something bad went down at that Ball. Charlene literally was sent packing.... The opening scenes of the Ball looked grim... And I guess it went downhill from there......
I think it started to go downhill after the grand prix. Also Her coach made a statement about her not giving up on the olympics and that she wanted to take a month off so maybe the ball was just her grand finale?
  #136  
Old 08-17-2006, 05:16 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 6
I am not sure whether this suggestion has already been made: Why not assume that Albert spoke to Charlene before giving this interview? Maybe it is all a pretense to get the press off? After all, her appearance at the Ball made headlines all-over-the-place, even in very down-to-earth, absolutely non-gossip newspapers?
If I were them, I would come up with a plan exactly like that: Have him openly declare, it's nothing - and then have time and peace to get to know each other.
He, after all, is a grown man, and he knows the responsibilities of marriage. Why not chose to irritate the press and the public to have time to find out whether this woman is the right one?
  #137  
Old 08-17-2006, 06:31 AM
Casey321's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: , Ireland
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by natti
I am not sure whether this suggestion has already been made: Why not assume that Albert spoke to Charlene before giving this interview? Maybe it is all a pretense to get the press off? After all, her appearance at the Ball made headlines all-over-the-place, even in very down-to-earth, absolutely non-gossip newspapers?
If I were them, I would come up with a plan exactly like that: Have him openly declare, it's nothing - and then have time and peace to get to know each other.
He, after all, is a grown man, and he knows the responsibilities of marriage. Why not chose to irritate the press and the public to have time to find out whether this woman is the right one?
I agree. I think all he was basically saying in the interview was "No, I'm not engaged so you (the magazines) are all wrong". I think he just wants them to stop guessing about announcement dates etc..
  #138  
Old 08-17-2006, 01:42 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by natti
I am not sure whether this suggestion has already been made: Why not assume that Albert spoke to Charlene before giving this interview? Maybe it is all a pretense to get the press off? After all, her appearance at the Ball made headlines all-over-the-place, even in very down-to-earth, absolutely non-gossip newspapers?
If I were them, I would come up with a plan exactly like that: Have him openly declare, it's nothing - and then have time and peace to get to know each other.
He, after all, is a grown man, and he knows the responsibilities of marriage. Why not chose to irritate the press and the public to have time to find out whether this woman is the right one?
Albert has a love-hate relationship with the press somewhat like the wisdom gleaned from "The Godfather": keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. He has much more on his mind than devising convoluted PR schemes in order to get the press from covering his dating habits. I think he finally got wise that Charlene's behaviour and demeanor and background weren't going to be a good long-term fit thus the "announcment" that he has no long or short-term plans to get married.
  #139  
Old 08-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: *********, Antarctica
Posts: 139
i feel sorry for her

i feel sorry for charlene. how can one have something in common romantically with someone 20 yrs their senior? this isn't the 1960's where young women married older men. i feel sorry for her cause she's missing out on the fun she'd have with a man her own age. he could be her father. he may be athletic but he can't have the energy of a 28 yr old. part of charle's and diana's prob was the age and the same with caro and phillippe.
__________________
in order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. the point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly dog.
  #140  
Old 08-17-2006, 03:43 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
I am confused. Why is it all or nothing. So Charlene can't be with Albert unless the goal is to get married? Who says she wants to marry him. Perhaps she is not at the stage where she is ready to get married? You don't think they have talked about this before? I am sure he didn't do a Matt Damon and just announce on television without her knowing about it. If she continues to date him why must it be because of money/lifestyle. For all practical purposes, they are two grown people who apprently enjoy each other's company...when and if they end it will be their decision.
that makes sense to me. they are adults and they can do what they want. I guess everybody is just focusing too much on whether he's going to marry CW or not. I bet his comments are not directed at her actually, he may have just said that to get the media off his back. He probably knows that no matter what he says, or how often he says it, people will just continue to chatter about who he's dating, is she the one, etc...

well, I guess after of that I hope they stay friends and who knows maybe she'll be back. She did look nice at the party...
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Charlene Wittstock Current Events 6 : Aug.2006 - Nov.2006 tbhrc Current Events Archive 203 11-18-2006 08:16 AM
Charlene Wittstock Current Events 4 : June 2006 - Aug.2006 Elspeth Current Events Archive 200 08-06-2006 01:45 PM
Charlene Wittstock Current Events 3 - June 2006 tbhrc Current Events Archive 205 06-22-2006 03:49 PM
Charlene Wittstock Current Events 2 : April 2006 - June 2006 Elspeth Current Events Archive 396 06-04-2006 01:26 PM
Charlene Wittstock Current Events 1 : March 2006 - April 2006 tiawanika Current Events Archive 413 04-12-2006 01:18 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events diana duchess of cambridge duchess of cornwall eveningwear e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess victoria birthday princess victorias daytime fashion queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen mathildes style queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark stewart succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises