Charlene Wittstock Current Events 5 : August 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PrincessDianafan said:
Poor thing. It looked like it was headed toward an engagement - the poor girl must be devastated.
A lot of people on this forum, are acting like maybe this was the first time charlene was hearing about PA not intending to marry yet. I don't think the interview was a suprise to her. I am sure she knew the deal all along. At one point I'm sure PA did tell her "lady we are just having fun, no expectations". So even though she may hope he might change his mind, she also knows what the deal is. And has chosen to stay in it regardless. Well while it lasts, and why not. I'm sure she is having an experience of a lifetime for now. Traveling, staying in fancy hotels, Attending exclusive soirees that even some celebrities might not be invited to, etc. If she decides marriage is important to her then at that point, she can leave him. But she will have enjoyed it. Until then, let her have fun, she is single and only 28. She has all the time in the world to get married and have kids if she so desires.

Has anyone thought that maybe its Charlene that doesn't want to get married? Maybe Albert was trying to save face by saying its him that doesn't want to marry when in actuality its her. Or maybe they have an agreement that they will just date, thats all. There are some people who aren't the marrying kind & maybe Charlene is one of those people.
Plus she knew his reputation/past history with women going into the relationship.

jabilo said:
A lot of people on this forum, are acting like maybe this was the first time charlene was hearing about PA not intending to marry yet. I don't think the interview was a suprise to her. I am sure she knew the deal all along. At one point I'm sure PA did tell her "lady we are just having fun, no expectations". So even though she may hope he might change his mind, she also knows what the deal is. And has chosen to stay in it regardless. Well while it lasts, and why not. I'm sure she is having an experience of a lifetime for now. Traveling, staying in fancy hotels, Attending exclusive soirees that even some celebrities might not be invited to, etc. If she decides marriage is important to her then at that point, she can leave him. But she will have enjoyed it. Until then, let her have fun, she is single and only 28. She has all the time in the world to get married and have kids if she so desires.

Correct me if I'm wrong but awhile back when it was reported he was seen with other women Charlene's father gave an interview to Bunte where he supossedly said it was her task to become the only women in his life. That sounds pretty much like a someone after the $$$ not his heart.

jabilo said:

Ya know, a lot of guys are up front with women in the beginning of a relationship, yet these women still hold on to hope that they will become the one. If PA told her not to expect anything, she clearly didn't pay heed since she and her family were babbling to the tabloids. She clearly had "expectations."

Right Burberry. And just about any woman would , even with the slightest attraction for/to a man. That was some heavy emotional and probably physical pressure. And isn't that what the guys want? (And if I can get by with this) Doesn't that make the whole interaction super superb and pleasing? And I must say, its all in the" game." Actually here are, I think, some helpful lessons exhibited here for the ladies-mum, my dears.

The news /media says that Charlene might be a potiental princess to Albert, The Prince Of Monaco I do not know about that only time will tell where their relationship will go.

I do not think charlene had expectations to marry albert because I don't believe he ever planned to marry. I believe him when he says he has no intentions to marry. As I have said before why should he marry there is no reason the throne is safe he does not have to have an heir. He can have official companions without the headache of divorce. Besides at his age I am pretty sure he is set in his ways why would he want to change now.

In my opinion I think people want the fairy tale wedding and bride for Albert like Ranier and Grace but the fact is Ranier had to marry or lose everything he arranged things so his son won't lose anything and does not have to marry. Probably because he knew or saw that his son had no intentions of getting married. He already has children and even there his lifestyle hasn't had to change he sees them and they go home.

Last edited:
hibou said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but awhile back when it was reported he was seen with other women Charlene's father gave an interview to Bunte where he supossedly said it was her task to become the only women in his life. That sounds pretty much like a someone after the $$$ not his heart.
I recall that as well. When a man keeps telling women he has to get married and produce an heir he is being up front and honest he is looking for someone to take the long haul with him to settle down and have a family. If he falls in love with her and see fits then it won't come as a surprise if he says he wants to get married. Most men don't say anything when they meet you except perhaps I am not interested in getting married and most aren't that tell you that and all you are is a lay over.
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.berlinonline.de%2Fber liner-kurier%2Fprint%2Fnachrichten%2F134975.html&langpai r=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=ASCII
Prince Albert & Charlene
Why the wedding really burst…

She wanted to marry, he a baby test
As “the current” reveals, Charlene Albert would gladly have married, because she really loves him. But for the prince this marriage is to have been attached at conditions, to which the professional swimmer does not want to go into the net.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness….these tabloids get ridiculous by the minute! What a pitiful little article. They are really desperate, if they can not get accurate information, anything will do! Gee wiz. :D

Well, CW is a grown up and so is PA. She knew (or should have known) what she was doing when she started hanging out with him in public and doing whatever they did in private.

PA never actually committed to her (no surprise there) and that's basically the end of any marriage talk regardless of what CW family might have said in the papers about her/their hopes, or what she herself may have been thinking, if anything.

I don't recall reading anywhere that CW said herself that she wanted to marry PA. Or did she ever say anything like that at all?

Last edited:
Why would he invite her to the Ball in August if he was not still interested? I did not hear anywhere that the relationship is over, did anyone else?

I think they state now that the relationship is over because Albert said in his latest interview that he had no plans to marry in the near or distant future.

Siggy said:
Why would he invite her to the Ball in August if he was not still interested? I did not hear anywhere that the relationship is over, did anyone else?

Strange question...She was presented as a companion, i.e. the person who shall accompany him to any public event. That was her job ;)

Today the weekly magazine of Corriere della Sera, page 22, quotes Charlotte Wittstock, captioned as "fiancee of Albert of Monaco" as saying:
"Alberto confessed me that he had to get married quickly and produce an heir, otherwise he should rely on his nephew, Carolina's son". Source quoted: VSD, 15th August 2006.

Original Italian version: "Alberto mi ha confessato che doveva sbrigarsi a sposarsi e ad avere un erede o avrebbe dovuto rivolgersi a suo nipote, il figlio di Carolina".

Does anybody know what "VSD" is?

Last weeks issue of Italian mag "DIVAeDONNA" had pictures of devastated looking Charlene at the airport leaving for South Africa ( so read the captions).It also had a couple of pictures of Albert in the company of a young blonde lady while taking part of a boat race in Sardinia. Needless to say the mag was speculating...
Sorry, I do not have the mag!

Charlene has been saying that since their first date in '01. While a rather reputable newspaper has printed this most recent statement, it sounds to me like some sort of counter PR move by Charlene's camp.

does anyone have larger pics of albert and the blonde on the yacht in Sardinia that was mentioned above.

If she said that (and we don't really know) it suggests her continued unnecessary and ill-advised comments to the press. A 'no comment' is just fine. And to say anything about the succession and 'relying on his nephew':wacko: is so inappropriate. On the other hand she has been surviving these comments since 2001 when she first met Albert and he still has her around. But this kind of indiscretion with the press is what got Marie Cavillier (Prince Joachim's ex) booted from the royal girlfriend category. I really liked her but unfortunately she couldn't keep her mouth shut.

Last edited:
Hopefully, this is just speculation from the rags to boost sales.

Laviollette said:
On the other hand she has been surviving these comments since 2001 when she first met Albert and he still has her around. But this kind of indiscretion with the press is what got Marie Cavillier (Prince Joachim's ex) booted from the royal girlfriend category.

Albert is not Joachim and he is much more at ease with scandals and indiscretions.

She does not look sad in those pics...she looks pissed off!

Is this the last that has been seen of her? Is she back in So. Africa not to be the "offical companion" any more?

Just wondering.....

sesa said:
She does not look sad in those pics...she looks pissed off!

Is this the last that has been seen of her? Is she back in So. Africa not to be the "offical companion" any more?

Just wondering.....

It will be interesting to see if they are together again, but I don't think it will happen. His interview seemed to be saying CW isn't the one. If she heard about the interview and went back with him, I'd be VERY surprised. I couldn't be with a man who essentially said he didn't have a future with me, even if it was just casual dating, etc. I think the Red Cross ball was her time to shine, and even though she cleaned up well, she didn't inspire him to propose. That's why I thought it was odd that she high-tailed it out of Monaco so soon after the ball.

BurberryBrit said:
If she heard about the interview and went back with him, I'd be VERY surprised. I couldn't be with a man who essentially said he didn't have a future with me, even if it was just casual dating, etc.

If Charlene shows up again, I will believe all of the negative things I have heard about her. There is no way you could convince me that she is there for anything but the money and title.

All he said in the interview is that, right now, he has no plans to marry - either now or in the future. That doesn't mean things couldn't change. Right now, I have no plans to marry either but it doesn't mean I'm dead set against the idea! ;)

Maybe he is trying to throw them off track. Or maybe they really have broken up. A relationship with a prince isn't necessarily a fairytale - case in point Princess Diana and more recently Alexandra of Denmark.

Casey321 said:
All he said in the interview is that, right now, he has no plans to marry - either now or in the future. That doesn't mean things couldn't change. Right now, I have no plans to marry either but it doesn't mean I'm dead set against the idea! ;)

True, but she and her family have been playing the marriage card very strongly. I don't think Albert ruled out the idea entirely either but he might have been feeling pushed all the way around (Charlene, the press, family, gov't...) and he just wanted to put an end to all of it.

With regard to the airport pictures: am I alone in finding it slightly odd that CW needs a permanent babysitter? She's all grown up, probably used to travel alone. Monaco isn't that big, so it's hard to get lost and I presume most people speak English. So why does or did she need a full time babysitter in the shape of Albert's physical trainer? She was never alone, as far as we know. She was either with Albert or with his trainer. Why? To protect her from making stupid mistakes or talking to the press? To serve as a bodyguard? To stop her feeling lonely (no underhand insinuations here BTW)? Surely she can walk the streets of Monaco alone? It's apparently one of the safest places in the world....

pinklady1991 said:
Charlene has been saying that since their first date in '01. While a rather reputable newspaper has printed this most recent statement, it sounds to me like some sort of counter PR move by Charlene's camp.

Maybe, but hasn't it been reported that PA hands that same line to young women all the time? If he said that (who knows if he did or not :wacko: ) then to me he sould sound like he knows just what to say to plant the 'princess' idea into some young woman's head and let her go spinning off like a top in some crazy direction because there are a lot of young women that want to get married, then he can dump them when he's tired by issuing a statement that he has no intention whatever to marry anyone.

Maybe it is meant to buffer CW somehow. After all, wasn't it reported that she hired a PR person for herself?:huh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom