Charlene Wittstock Current Events 5 : August 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
brother said:
Any woman who has self respect would end a relationship with a man who says they don't have a future together. If she accepts to be his girlfriend, this means her motivation was/is money and his life style. don't tell me she can love a man that doesn't want her.

I am confused. Why is it all or nothing. So Charlene can't be with Albert unless the goal is to get married? Who says she wants to marry him. Perhaps she is not at the stage where she is ready to get married? You don't think they have talked about this before? I am sure he didn't do a Matt Damon and just announce on television without her knowing about it. If she continues to date him why must it be because of money/lifestyle. For all practical purposes, they are two grown people who apprently enjoy each other's company...when and if they end it will be their decision.

I'm not sure why everyone is soo surprised by his tv interview. Last time he said that he has no intensions to get married was in the Paris Match Interview last July. And after that Charlene accompanied him to several events. He is just repeating himself.

pinklady1991 said:
Make me barf. That's like when we matched our date's tie & cummerbund to our prom dresses.

I remember those days - I think we we teenagers! But I can see her doing that - misguided as it was - or just desparate

It shouldn't be shocking that he doesn't plan to get married. He has never acted like he planned to. I think when Ranier changed the succession he knew Albert had no intention of getting married. He really has no reason to get married everything is covered now more than enough people to one day rule monaco. And we all know he already has a son and a daughter so he has children.

tbhrc said:
I'm not sure why everyone is soo surprised by his tv interview. Last time he said that he has no intensions to get married was in the Paris Match Interview last July. And after that Charlene accompanied him to several events. He is just repeating himself.

I'm confused here...I missed the July '06 article in Paris-Match, is that the one you were referring to? In July '05, in his "exclusive" to Point de Vue, he said that when he found the right person he would get married and raise a family. In July in Le Point, he repeated the position that he hadn't found the right person yet. Who knows what bee gets in his bonnet and what he says...I think the GMA interview pretty much was I have no plans to get married anytime in the near or distant future at this time. What made it so surprising is rather than seeing it in print, it actually came from his lips (read or otherwise) and one could understand tone.

No I'm talking about the interview he gave last month to Virginie Luc, it was published in Paris Match, Stern, Chi..... He said something like that he doesn't want to be agitated to marriage by the media and press. And that he is going to marry if the time is right.....

tbhrc said:

You are absolutely right. He has said this many times before. Did he say it on one of several of his visits to Larry King?

TBHRC, Heidi and everybody. About 6 weeks ago didn't PA say to some media person, "I won't be alone for long. and I do p lan to get married" or something like that?

Why wouldn't we be surprised.? Some of you folks had a big differing discussion trying to show how "adoring" he was of Charlene at the last function? Remember? This big international romance from sea to sea, country to country could not have been better scripted in Hollywood-such a paramour, such a lover! All for naught?

And no, I agree with somebody up there, this is not normal. It seems he's playing to maybe his principality and everybody that he's a great lover. But when the deal goes down, he ops out.

I fear for his real genuine happiness as the years go on. He's looking like a sad old man-really. And he doesnn't want to play a father. Maybe he needs a child's love-that doesn't end and is unconditional

seto said:
It shouldn't be shocking that he doesn't plan to get married. He has never acted like he planned to. I think when Ranier changed the succession he knew Albert had no intention of getting married. He really has no reason to get married everything is covered now more than enough people to one day rule monaco. And we all know he already has a son and a daughter so he has children.
I've always believe what you have written. I wonder what the dynamics between Rainier and Albert were? It's like he knew Rainier wanted him to get married and have kids but Albert has rebelled for some reason. I don't believe that he hasn't or can't find the right woman. I know detractors will say that we don't know what is going on in his head but how many Princes in recent history are 48 years old and not married with kids? It's part of their royal duty and tradition to do so. I'm sure it's drilled into them from the time they are little to carry on the royal tradition(s). That being said - I wouldn't want to be a royal. Imagine having your life mapped out for you before you are even born?

Zonk1189 said:
I am confused. Why is it all or nothing. So Charlene can't be with Albert unless the goal is to get married? Who says she wants to marry him. Perhaps she is not at the stage where she is ready to get married? You don't think they have talked about this before? I am sure he didn't do a Matt Damon and just announce on television without her knowing about it. If she continues to date him why must it be because of money/lifestyle. For all practical purposes, they are two grown people who apprently enjoy each other's company...when and if they end it will be their decision.
Well said, thank you. Let her have fun. She is only 28yrs. A lot of women her age and even older are doing the same exact thing only they are with men who are not famous like him. How many women have sugardaddy's? She has a lot to gain out of it. Who knows maybe through him when the relationship is over, she will have found somebody marriable and her age amongst his acquantances if she does decide to be married.

Maybe she is living just for this moment....or maybe she doesn't see a future with him either. There are people that do date and have fun, hang out, do all that stuff but then it ends- no harm no foul.

brother said:
Any woman who has self respect would end a relationship with a man who says they don't have a future together.

pinklady1991 said:
I'm confused here...I missed the July '06 article in Paris-Match, is that the one you were referring to? In July '05, in his "exclusive" to Point de Vue, he said that when he found the right person he would get married and raise a family. In July in Le Point, he repeated the position that he hadn't found the right person yet. Who knows what bee gets in his bonnet and what he says...I think the GMA interview pretty much was I have no plans to get married anytime in the near or distant future at this time. What made it so surprising is rather than seeing it in print, it actually came from his lips (read or otherwise) and one could understand tone.

It is confusing but I think he wants it that way and also I think he is a maybe frustrated because now the spot light is totally on him and there is no escape plus his father isn't hear to keep things quite. I'm just guessing of course but on the other hand he is in some way just repeating what he has always said. Maybe everyone is tired of hearing it?

Neat2912 said:
TBHRC, Heidi and everybody. About 6 weeks ago didn't PA say to some media person, "I won't be alone for long. and I do p lan to get married" or something like that?

Thank you so much for the reminder Neat! He actually did say those words!
What changed his mind?
I really think something bad went down at that Ball. Charlene literally was sent packing.... The opening scenes of the Ball looked grim... And I guess it went downhill from there......:huh:

teense said:
Thank you so much for the reminder Neat! He actually did say those words!
What changed his mind?
I really think something bad went down at that Ball. Charlene literally was sent packing.... The opening scenes of the Ball looked grim... And I guess it went downhill from there......:huh:

I think it started to go downhill after the grand prix. Also Her coach made a statement about her not giving up on the olympics and that she wanted to take a month off so maybe the ball was just her grand finale?

I am not sure whether this suggestion has already been made: Why not assume that Albert spoke to Charlene before giving this interview? Maybe it is all a pretense to get the press off? After all, her appearance at the Ball made headlines all-over-the-place, even in very down-to-earth, absolutely non-gossip newspapers?
If I were them, I would come up with a plan exactly like that: Have him openly declare, it's nothing - and then have time and peace to get to know each other.
He, after all, is a grown man, and he knows the responsibilities of marriage. Why not chose to irritate the press and the public to have time to find out whether this woman is the right one?

natti said:
I am not sure whether this suggestion has already been made: Why not assume that Albert spoke to Charlene before giving this interview? Maybe it is all a pretense to get the press off? After all, her appearance at the Ball made headlines all-over-the-place, even in very down-to-earth, absolutely non-gossip newspapers?
If I were them, I would come up with a plan exactly like that: Have him openly declare, it's nothing - and then have time and peace to get to know each other.
He, after all, is a grown man, and he knows the responsibilities of marriage. Why not chose to irritate the press and the public to have time to find out whether this woman is the right one?

I agree. I think all he was basically saying in the interview was "No, I'm not engaged so you (the magazines) are all wrong". I think he just wants them to stop guessing about announcement dates etc..

natti said:

Albert has a love-hate relationship with the press somewhat like the wisdom gleaned from "The Godfather": keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. He has much more on his mind than devising convoluted PR schemes in order to get the press from covering his dating habits. I think he finally got wise that Charlene's behaviour and demeanor and background weren't going to be a good long-term fit thus the "announcment" that he has no long or short-term plans to get married.

i feel sorry for her

i feel sorry for charlene. how can one have something in common romantically with someone 20 yrs their senior? this isn't the 1960's where young women married older men. i feel sorry for her cause she's missing out on the fun she'd have with a man her own age. he could be her father. he may be athletic but he can't have the energy of a 28 yr old. part of charle's and diana's prob was the age and the same with caro and phillippe.

Zonk1189 said:

that makes sense to me. they are adults and they can do what they want. I guess everybody is just focusing too much on whether he's going to marry CW or not. I bet his comments are not directed at her actually, he may have just said that to get the media off his back. He probably knows that no matter what he says, or how often he says it, people will just continue to chatter about who he's dating, is she the one, etc...

well, I guess after of that I hope they stay friends and who knows maybe she'll be back. She did look nice at the party...

So here we all are back at the door of speculation with some interesting points. I would certainly imagine he discussed the status, etc and his announcement with her. But I guess I'm feeling rather soft and old-fashioned and coming out of a sisterhood point of view.

I'm remembering all of the enthusiastic comments made by herself and her family. Which to my mind were unfortunate as many of you said back at the time. Some of you are being very broad-minded and adult-dismissive, but I feel embarrassed for her. I rather thought they had a rather camaraderi-type, at least, relationship going. Perhaps now that, whatever it was that was necessary to display so publicly (and the press thing was 2-way-he needed the press and they want him) will now be conducted less so, if possible.

it's too bad for charlene...but the relationship can still continue even if PA doesn't want it to end with marriage. but for a prince to act out the way he did, this is not going to sound very nice in the ears of people and now that he mentioned that he is not going to get married any time soon... well, he is entitled to his decisions anyway.

but if he leave not legitimate child, then princess caroline can rule:cool: :cool:...eventually she would probably give the throne to andrea...:cool: and we're going to have a very very nice talks in the future :)

Prince Albert will get married one day, he will be happy, and his children will reign.

He just hasn't found his princess charming yet. I believe he is an intense person and is looking for genuine comprehension, unconditional love, and an understanding and supportive woman. There is nothing ambitious about that. He wants what we all want and unfortunately Charlene did not measure up.

Charlene

I wonder if Prince Albert is going to marry miss Wittstock they have been together for a while, If they get married then that would be great another royal wedding. If they don't get married then bring on the next women she will probably be just as likeable.:flowers:

Poor thing. It looked like it was headed toward an engagement - the poor girl must be devastated.

Tara20052 said:
I wonder if Prince Albert is going to marry miss Wittstock they have been together for a while, If they get married then that would be great another royal wedding. If they don't get married then bring on the next women she will probably be just as likeable.:flowers:

Hopefully even more likeable! And even more stunning! And with even more beautiful eyes! And with slightly smaller shoulders! And ....

What I really want to see is Albert so much in love that he will actually show his affection for his lady at official functions. So far he is like an icecube, treating his dates as if they were contagious.

Donna said:
So far he is like an icecube, treating his dates as if they were contagious.
looking at his history, I think they must be - one girlfriend follows the next. Come to think of it maybe we should consider this constant turnover of women as some sort of virus for which no cure has been found -yet, hopefully. ;) :lol:

Last edited:
The only thing I can get out of the interview is that he has no plans to marry his current girlfriend. He wanted to squash that rumor since all the mags had Chalene picking out her china pattern and being fitted for her dress.

BurberryBrit said:
The only thing I can get out of the interview is that he has no plans to marry his current girlfriend. He wanted to squash that rumor since all the mags had Chalene picking out her china pattern and being fitted for her dress.

Yes!
She could have squashed the speculation herself when she was being asked about it instead of fueling them on, which would have prevented PA from having to do it in a public way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom