The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Commoner

She is back!! or never left just hiding.

Old 07-30-2006, 01:41 PM
Serene Highness

Good to see new pics of her she looks great in that dress .

Old 07-30-2006, 03:00 PM
Courtier

I like Charlene's confident style. She seems calm and confortable, her dress fits her perfectly and its no "too much glitter", i like it. :)
Old 07-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Aristocracy

I like the light green dress, it suits her and the big shoulders she has are not that visible...but she really should have a nicer hairdo, it's a pity she looks so beautiful but the hairdo spoils the whole effect. It's really a pity...
Old 07-30-2006, 05:17 PM
Aristocracy

I like her dress, and I like to see new pics of her with Albert in Monaco.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Aristocracy

Great pictures, They look great together. Feeling she will be the one. She seems like she will fit well into Albert's life well. I guess will see.Also love the dress she is wearing. Looks lovely on her.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:59 PM
Courtier

I really thought that she was part of Pr Albert's history because all was quiet as far as she was concerned. Good to know that she is still around. She looks lovely in the green dress. Now if only Pr. Albert will make up his mind!! I will definitely be watching this space.

Stellad
Old 07-30-2006, 09:02 PM
Serene Highness

Ok I belonged to people not happy to see Charlene again but she looks very nice in those pictures. The dress is beautiful, I like it's style and color. Maybe I'm wrong but PA seems sad in these pictures.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:17 PM
Serene Highness

The color is wrong for her tanned complexion but the style is nice. She looks nice.

I haven't been here very long, but it seems significant to me that he's taking her to meet other royals. I would imagine he wouldn't just take any girl to meet these people.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 07-31-2006, 02:53 AM
Courtier

Wasn't either Princess Furstenberg or her sister a "girlfriend"/companion of Rainier's after Grace's death? Having her meet Charlene would be a way of knowing if perhaps his father might have approved.

Could be something, could be nothing more than my fevered mind looking for more...and to note, I am one who thinks that whomever makes Albert happy is fine-but that even with all of his notoriety, Charlene is a little too rough for him.

Ann
Old 07-31-2006, 04:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
The color is wrong for her tanned complexion but the style is nice. She looks nice.

I haven't been here very long, but it seems significant to me that he's taking her to meet other royals. I would imagine he wouldn't just take any girl to meet these people.
ira von Fuerstenberg bears a noble name, but she is counted more into the jet set then to royalty. Besides in her younger years she was quite a scandalous little princess herself, so I should think she would not mind anyone that walks on Alberts arm. Besides she needed him there to draw attention to her strange creations.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
Wasn't either Princess Furstenberg or her sister a "girlfriend"/companion of Rainier's after Grace's death? Having her meet Charlene would be a way of knowing if perhaps his father might have approved.

Could be something, could be nothing more than my fevered mind looking for more...and to note, I am one who thinks that whomever makes Albert happy is fine-but that even with all of his notoriety, Charlene is a little too rough for him.

Ann
Yes, it was Ira who was seen around Rainier for a while and she would have loved to become princess of Monaco ( I think she said so herself in an interview).

They needed some pics with her and Albert at some event. She probably has met Hubertus in Turin and he was supposed to set her at ease. Besides he was probably the only one there who was close enough to her age ad he is an athlete himself. So that should have helped her get through the evening. Besides after the staged swimming pics, they needed some of Albert and her together. There were very clear statements in answer to questions posed on the boards: she is still swimming, she is still with Albert, she is not a gold digger (hence no jewellery, not even borrowed ones like last time), she is not bludging off Albert, she is paying for things herself (hence the visibility of her purse in the street pictures). We all know that these pictures were staged (you do not see paparazzi lurking in the streets of Monaco like that) and all of them were supposed to convey a particular message to us, since they know how thoroughly we study every detail on the pics. THEse are not pictures that will make any headlines in the tabloids and it is not their purpose. These pics are IMO all for the benefit of people on the different forums in attemting to change peoples opinion.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
Yes, it was Ira who was seen around Rainier for a while and she would have loved to become princess of Monaco ( I think she said so herself in an interview).

They needed some pics with her and Albert at some event. She probably has met Hubertus in Turin and he was supposed to set her at ease. Besides he was probably the only one there who was close enough to her age ad he is an athlete himself. So that should have helped her get through the evening. Besides after the staged swimming pics, they needed some of Albert and her together. There were very clear statements in answer to questions posed on the boards: she is still swimming, she is still with Albert, she is not a gold digger (hence no jewellery, not even borrowed ones like last time), she is not bludging off Albert, she is paying for things herself (hence the visibility of her purse in the street pictures). We all know that these pictures were staged (you do not see paparazzi lurking in the streets of Monaco like that) and all of them were supposed to convey a particular message to us, since they know how thoroughly we study every detail on the pics. THEse are not pictures that will make any headlines in the tabloids and it is not their purpose. These pics are IMO all for the benefit of people on the different forums in attemting to change peoples opinion.
Yeah... because what 7 and a half people think after analysing pressphotos may have mayor impact ...
Old 07-31-2006, 08:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
Yeah... because what 7 and a half people think after analysing pressphotos may have mayor impact ...
Well, someone apparently does care about what those 7 and a half people think, because otherwise you wouldn't have had those staged pictures. You need a permission to take picture that are to be published. Monaco does protect its image and that of the people living here. You do not see pictures of famous people in Monaco, unless they want to be taken on photos. The only paparazzi pictures that are possible, are those taken from France looking into Monaco(Beach club, Palace Gardens), from a helicopter or in Stephs case they are taken in Cap d'ail. All others are taken by officially approved photographers. Those pics during the Grand Prix could be taken, because there were plenty of photographers around and they were standing practically next to the race track, not to mention the balcony pictures.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:00 AM
Nobility

I have a feeling she might be the one as well. As for the "big shoulders" (come on, she's a swimmer!) and "unfortunate hairdo" and all the other little flaws, no doubt if they do announce an engagement, the royal image team will swoop in and fix all of them and give her one of the transformations that certain other princesses have enjoyed in recent years. Lucky girl!
Old 07-31-2006, 09:23 AM
Serene Highness

well if they make each other happier , good for them!
Old 07-31-2006, 09:57 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
well if they make each other happier , good for them!
Agreed. I also thought the dress looked very pretty on her. I thought the color was very nice.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:04 AM
Commoner

I dont quite know what to make of Charlene. The dress is ok but it looks ripped in the back. She could have worn something a bit more elegant. IMO I just dont think they really love each other or they would be holding hands more, closer together. I dont know. I could be wrong.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:09 AM
Nobility

I tossed in my two cents earlier but now I have a little more time.

Yes, the dress is pretty nice, and considering her line-backer shoulders, it's okay for her frame. I understand she's a swimmer but it's just not very feminine. Not to mention that she's "training" in a sport that she is too old to compete in. And I must admit, when we're talking princess, I want to see a girl's girl. Get your glitter on....

Her hair and make-up are aweful. Yes, a stylist could change all that for her but, her features really are not that pretty. Her nose, lips, cheeks, just all of does nothing for me.

She needs some jewelry, she looks plain and it gives the appearance that she does not take care.

I doubt seriously she is the only woman in Albert's life. Probably takes her out from time to time to keep her happy and give the impression that he is thinking about settling down.

<Edited out rehashed stories - Mandy>
Old 08-01-2006, 03:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona

Ann
Princess Ira was the "companion" of Rainier during his latter years. Rainier and Ira are also cousins, both are descended from Lady Mary Victoria Hamilton (Rainier from her 1st husband -Prince Albert I- and Ira from her second husband, also a prince). Ira (and her brother Egon - the designer- when he was still alive) is close to the Grimaldi trio. That would explain this Ira-Albert connection.

I think Charlene looked nice in the green dress. She was very simple - at least, you can say that she isn't spending too much money - whether her own or other people's - trying to impress. I don't know much about her but IMHO, she is living within her means - and that speaks a lot.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Closed Thread