Charlene Wittstock Current Events 4 : June 2006 - Aug.2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm intrigued. I would have thought PA would be in Germany for the France/Spain World Cup match later today. Please please please keep us updated Ghislaine because now the suspense is killing me.

Just googled news on PA. Apprarently he is launching a foundation for protection of the environment. I am sure that will appear in the thread for his current events. It is good news but not near as exciting/interesting. Oh well.

Gee, that took at least 15 years of my life...
After having watched a news broadcast and several teletext services (all of them blatently and extremely devoid of any Monegasque news items) I think the "important press conference" might indeed have been the new environmental foundation one. Two in one day might be a bit too much. Which goes to show that the tabloid programme isn't exactly live either.
My sincere apologies for posting this false information.
Several royal forums have chosen this exact time to go down, news about Monaco has a nasty habit of not making it to the media here (one of the main reasons I'm hanging out here) and the internet didn't have have big headlines about shocking things being said in press conferences either. I was panicking through lack of information, sorry.

:eek: G.:eek:

Well, the origional engagement rumor said they were planning to marry in October, not going to happen, too close. THis alone sort of indictes it was made up.

I would be VERY suprised if CW turned up at the Red Cross ball. The pictures of them at the last "Gala" event were very telling. Yes, there were a couple where they smiled but overall she and he both looked very uncomfortable. I also remember reading someone's first hand account of the event, on another site, and he said there was LOTS of talking going on behind her back. I'm tellin ya, those pics of her with her mouth on Alberts chest in the Maldives are really really bad. Not to mention the trip was Preceeded by her comments in Torino that they were not getting married. (I believe she was asked and said they were not, that is what I remember reading). Then along comes the "official companion" label....not so good in the PR department. IMO

leahteresa said:
Well, the origional engagement rumor said they were planning to marry in October, not going to happen, too close. THis alone sort of indictes it was made up.

I would be VERY suprised if CW turned up at the Red Cross ball. The pictures of them at the last "Gala" event were very telling. Yes, there were a couple where they smiled but overall she and he both looked very uncomfortable. I also remember reading someone's first hand account of the event, on another site, and he said there was LOTS of talking going on behind her back. I'm tellin ya, those pics of her with her mouth on Alberts chest in the Maldives are really really bad. Not to mention the trip was Preceeded by her comments in Torino that they were not getting married. (I believe she was asked and said they were not, that is what I remember reading). Then along comes the "official companion" label....not so good in the PR department. IMO

There are lots of rumors around that didn't come true but now that they are "out of the closet" as a couple so to speak, I wouldn't be surprised if she does go to the Red Cross Ball with him and then goes on to Newport. BTW, are we planning an online party for the Red Cross Ball? If so, what is the dress code?:rolleyes:

I can believe that there was a lot of gossip going on after the Grand Prix dinner gala but not there. No one would take that risk. Remember, Albert may be on the liberal side but he still is the absolute monarch. She didn't make a positive first couple of outings, that's for sure so I'm sure that the gala (and all those people saw all those photos from the Maldives and read her comments from Torino :eek:) couldn't have been all that comfortable a situation.

Having her stashed away at Roc Agel is another pretty interesting theory but that would be more like having her in prison as she wouldn't be able to get around freely and it's rather isolated. Maybe she is back in South Africa... Doesn't Albert (and most of Europe) take a couple of weeks vacation in mid to late July? :confused:

Just for the record, it wasn't entirely a rumour. A press conference was announced (by the palais presumably) and apparently they didn't announce what said press conference was about. So everybody, or at least some people, jumped to the wrong conclusions and thought Albert was going to announce his engagement. Smart pr move by the way, at least he got a lot of attention ;)

From the Le Point interview:
Est-ce que cela a perturbé votre vie amoureuse ? Est-ce une des raisons à cause desquelles vous n'auriez pas encore trouvé l'âme soeur ?
Non, cela tient à moi, sinon ce serait tragique. Mais il est vrai que cela a été difficile, toutes ces années, d'avoir une relation suivie avec quelqu'un, on ne veut pas exposer cette personne, lui faire vivre cette pression.

They were talking about privacy and being followed by the press.
Q: Has that disturbed your love life? Is it one of the reasons why you haven't found the love of your life yet?
Albert: No, that's my fault, otherwise it would be tragic. But it is true that it has been difficult, all those years, to have a relationship with someone, one doesn't want to expose this person [to all this, G.], to make her experience that pressure.

So what exactly is his deal with CW? The opposite of what he's saying here, IMO. I mean, look at all the attention (and criticism) she's getting on this board alone.:confused:

I sort of think if he didn't want to expose "someone" namely Charlene, to "all the pressure" he would not have taken her out in public the way he has. But then agian, he can hardly avoid it.

While I conceed that it is important not to judge people on sound bites, Charlene is who she is. She gave an interview, stepped up to the plate it seems in an attempt to take some control over the things being said about her and she did not such a good job. Everyone remembers the comments on education (or lack of) and the narrow olympic ambition. More than what she said is what she did not say. Other than teaching swimming to kids on a volunteer basis (there are reports this was her work for pay as well??) she mentioned not one word about any cause at all. She's from the poorest, most HIV ridden continent on the planet. (I could go on and on) She used this opportunity to talk about herself. Who cares? I did not read it in it's entirety because it only took a few lines to figure out she's SHALLOW. Not much there. Not much to talk about. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to swim laps. Sorry, not impressed.

She put herself out there and IMO, left everyone generally unimpresed because she's not so impressive. He has done much better and can do much better.

I just saw on wikipedia.org that Prince Albert announced his engagement to Charlene Wittstock today and that wedding should happen later this year. I couldn't find this news on any news outlets but has anyone else heard about this?

Ghislaine said:
They were talking about privacy and being followed by the press.
Q: Has that disturbed your love life? Is it one of the reasons why you haven't found the love of your life yet?
Albert: No, that's my fault, otherwise it would be tragic. But it is true that it has been difficult, all those years, to have a relationship with someone, one doesn't want to expose this person [to all this, G.], to make her experience that pressure.

So what exactly is his deal with CW? The opposite of what he's saying here, IMO. I mean, look at all the attention (and criticism) she's getting on this board alone.:confused:

Well, she was the one laying all over PA in Turin (the pictures are out there), nobody was making her do that. She did it all on her own. It was her own choice to behave like that, and that's why the talk and the criticism, imo.

She could have conducted herself differently, but she did not. She did it to herself, imo. People were going to talk anyway, but she gave sooo much more to go on about...

She was the one also who went telling the press that PA was her 'soul mate' -- PA didn't make her do that. She was the one who decided to give the magazine interviews. It was her family started talking to the medias about her and Albert. None of them were forced to do it, each one of them could have said 'no thank you' or 'no comment', or they could have left it at something bland, but they did not.

She put herself out there in terms of her behavior, and that's not Albert's fault. Yes, he introduced her around, he took her to a nice party and invited her a few places. But CW (and her family) has been the one doing all the talking.

PA has not really made too much comment on CW except to say that there would not be any engagement (even though the pics tell a great deal about his activities with her). ;)

She wanted the attention and she got it....

Last edited:
LauraMCS said:
I just saw on wikipedia.org that Prince Albert announced his engagement to Charlene Wittstock today and that wedding should happen later this year. I couldn't find this news on any news outlets but has anyone else heard about this?
There is nothing on the palace site or on the government site. I haven't seen anything elsewhere either. Only about his new foundation for the environment.

I know that anyone can edit but I thought I might have missed something. The only press release on www.gouv.mc today is about recycling bottle caps.

I would tend to believe an engagement of their sovereign would trump that pressing bit of information regardless of the insignificance of the potential bride-to-be. :p

Just when I thought that Charlene is well and truly out of the picture another rumour surfaces. I seriously thought that all the talk about a marriage between her and Albert was just to cover the story about him admitting that Jasmine is his daughter.

Stellad

The aritcle has been remove.Its no longer there.My blood pressure is back to normal.Somebody is playing games

In the time it took me to translate one the article on wikipedia they were removed. I didn't know until now that anyone can add or subtract on that website.

It has now moved to my view for entertainment file.

It was removed because it was blatently not true. Wikipedia tries very hard to be accurate. I don't know if was deleted due to its mention on here, but the timing is pretty coincidental. At least it was gone before too many people saw it (and possibly believed it!).

Ann

Cool out you guys, its bound to happen. I'm just hoping its anybody, whoever makes him happy. Whoever ,the fair dame from yon heavens or from wherever, we'll live with it. Especailly if she'll make a nice step-mother!

I hardly think he's going to marry Charlene. In all honesty, she's probably not a bad person, but for the love of God Albert, If your going to give an enormous public platform to someone, please make it someone with depth of character and enough sense not to hump your leg in public...please please...

Todays headline in Monaco matin is about the two poor little girls in Belgium, not the slightest mention of an engagement.

Yeah, I think it would probably make the front page...call me crazy....

paca said:

This is a translation of part of the article that deals with marriage:

To the question Paris magazines of "Paris match", whether he wanted to marry, Albert answered: "... even if there is not the ideal woman!" It constitutes the charm of the love that it is not "accurate science". "however I will not marry myself under the pressure of the media."

We could probably posts links and quote stories about Albert's alleged nuptials from virtually every European tabloid, magazine and gossip website.
Until we have news from more credible sources than these, how about we give this endless speculation a rest.

thanks,
Warren
Royal Forums moderator

Here, here . Until we see a ring with a bling on the left hand all options are open.:)

From the latest issue of You.

http://www.youmagsa.com/articledisplay.aspx?iContentRecord_id=5591&iCategory_id=40

Charlene Wittstock at Vodacom Durban July

...Royal-in-waiting Charlene Wittstock took time out of her hectic schedule to attend the event. The leggy blonde swimmer, who’s dating Monaco’s Prince Albert, was spotted having a whale of a time. Pity Albert didn’t tag along – maybe next time. "

The Durban July is South Africa's equivalent of Britain's Royal Ascot with superb horse racing, high fashion, elegance, fine cuisine and champagne. It is the one meeting of the year where knowledge of horse racing is not a requirement to have a fantastic day out.
It is an honour to attend the Vodacom Durban July, which traditionally falls on the first Saturday of each July, and chances are, you'll get high on the undiluted thrill of indulging all your hedonistic desires for just one day. The Vodacom Durban July is the one event where the script is tossed out. You walk away giddy, having joined a bizarre subculture that manifests itself only once a year. There is nothing on the continent to rival, what is known simply as the Vodacom Durban July.

Poisonivy said:
...Royal-in-waiting Charlene Wittstock took time out of her hectic schedule to attend the event. The leggy blonde swimmer, who’s dating Monaco’s Prince Albert, was spotted having a whale of a time. Pity Albert didn’t tag along – maybe next time. "

I wonder if they are being sarcastic when they say her hectic schedule. What does she have going on except being the girlfriend of PA? Or, are they trying to allude to her preparation for marriage (converting to Catholicism, etc).

Todays paper has a small article about Charlene. It says that the appearance at the Grand prix has been wrongly interpreted by the media as an indication for an upcoming announcement of a marriage. Albert is quoted (with a little smile):"il faudra desormais que je tienne encore plus compte de vos interpretations..." (I will have to consider in the future even more your interpretations)

I don't think he could be more clear about his intentions then this.

I simply think the spectacle that is Charlene was simply a way to deflect some attention off the revelation of his daughter. Has Charlene even been seen since then?

not around here and not around him. Only in South Africa apparently.

And I agree with you and mentioned it at the time in this thread. That does not mean though that we won't see her again, but I think all this marriage speculation can be put to rest for the moment. He said in several interviews, after we already knew about Charlene, that he hasn't found the right woman to marry yet. So maybe we should give him and it some rest ad wait until he presents us with his choice.

paca said:
not around here and not around him. Only in South Africa apparently.

And I agree with you and mentioned it at the time in this thread. That does not mean though that we won't see her again, but I think all this marriage speculation can be put to rest for the moment. He said in several interviews, after we already knew about Charlene, that he hasn't found the right woman to marry yet. So maybe we should give him and it some rest ad wait until he presents us with his choice.

Wow, is that true? I wonder how she feels about him making statements like that? That's gotta hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom