Charlene Wittstock Current Events 3 - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbhrc

Majesty
City
*Ruhrgebiet*
Country
Germany
Welcome to part 3 of the thread to discuss current events of Charlene Wittstock.

But before you start posting here please take a look at the following TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines. Thanks.....

All information submitted to The Royal Forums (stories, articles, etc...) must be linked back to a credible source (newspaper, online magazine, royalty magazine, book, photo agency, etc...). Gossip is hearsay and these forums are dedicated to providing credible information to its members. Therefore, we ask our members to have reliable sources for any information which they may provide.

Be respectful. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with others as long as it is done respectfully and civilly, but do not attack other members in your posts or comments.

Name calling of a royal or other public figures is strictly prohibited. While there is no requirement that you should like all royal persons or public persons discussed at TRF, there is no need to attack them or call them names. There are ways to express your dislike or criticism of another individual than to resort to calling them names. It is childish behaviour that is not tolerated here.

Profanity and coarse language is strictly prohibited. Discussions here will never be of a nature in which swearing or offensive language is necessary to fully express oneself. Although the main language here is English, this rule also pertains to swear words or graphic language in a language other than English.

You can find the old thread here.

There is a swimming meeting in Monte-Carlo this week-end. Does Charlene attend ?

If she learned French and became fluent in it in the next few months, I would be impressed the same way I was impressed with Maxima learning Dutch and Mary learning Danish. She would at least seem somewhat intelligent seeing as how we don't have any educational accomplishments to refer to.

There is a swimming meeting in Monte-Carlo this week-end. Does Charlene attend ?
At least not as a competitor. After seeing her smoking, I don't believe all her stories about swimming.

On totally different, although still the same;), subject:
In the darker recesses of the German teletext, I came across these quotes. I don't know the people in question, but I presume they are late night talkshow hosts or guests or something.
Mind you, they're not mine so don't flame the messenger, thank you very much. :)
ZDFtext Sun. 4/6/6

Blonde Sprüche / Blond sayings

"Heiße Miezen und coole Typen" / Hotties and cool dudes

- Ralph Morgenstern: Charlene Wittstock heißt die Neue, kommt aus Südafrika und ist Leistungsschwimmerin. Also quasi eine Kreuzung aus Flipper und Howard Carpendale.
His new girlfriend is called CW, she comes from South Africa and is a competitive swimmer. So a kind of cross between Flipper and Howard Carpendale. (I had to look it up: Carpendale is a schlager singer, born in Durban/South Afrika, moved to Germany many, many years ago and has been living there ever since.)

- Susanne Frölich: Charlene ist zwanzig Jahre jünger als Albert. Aber mit ihrem Schwimmerkreuz kann sie ihm später sicher gut aus dem Rollstuhl heben.
Charlene is twenty years younger than Albert. But her swimmer's physique comes in handy in the future: she can lift him out of his wheelchair.

Translation is mine.

Laviollette said:
If she learned French and became fluent in it in the next few months, I would be impressed the same way I was impressed with Maxima learning Dutch and Mary learning Danish. She would at least seem somewhat intelligent seeing as how we don't have any educational accomplishments to refer to.
Or she will be promptly dumped by Albert now that the Jazmin thing has been dragged out into the open and has come and gone. Who knows?

Ghislaine said:
At least not as a competitor. After seeing her smoking, I don't believe all her stories about swimming.

On totally different, although still the same;), subject:
In the darker recesses of the German teletext, I came across these quotes. I don't know the people in question, but I presume they are late night talkshow hosts or guests or something.
Mind you, they're not mine so don't flame the messenger, thank you very much. :)
ZDFtext Sun. 4/6/6

Blonde Sprüche / Blond sayings

"Heiße Miezen und coole Typen" / Hotties and cool dudes

- Ralph Morgenstern: Charlene Wittstock heißt die Neue, kommt aus Südafrika und ist Leistungsschwimmerin. Also quasi eine Kreuzung aus Flipper und Howard Carpendale.
His new girlfriend is called CW, she comes from South Africa and is a competitive swimmer. So a kind of cross between Flipper and Howard Carpendale. (I had to look it up: Carpendale is a schlager singer, born in Durban/South Afrika, moved to Germany many, many years ago and has been living there ever since.)

- Susanne Frölich: Charlene ist zwanzig Jahre jünger als Albert. Aber mit ihrem Schwimmerkreuz kann sie ihm später sicher gut aus dem Rollstuhl heben.
Charlene is twenty years younger than Albert. But her swimmer's physique comes in handy in the future: she can lift him out of his wheelchair.

Translation is mine.
Just for info Blond am Freitag is a German late night show where Ralph Morgenstern (host) talks with (usually) blond women about celebrities and makes fun of them. Blond is mostly equated with stupid.

The translation btw are not bad.

There was also a short comment about PA in Harald Schmidt, another late night show (sth like Jay Lenno for intellectuals). He said sth along the lines, that since the announcement of JGG being his daughter he will no longer be referred to as Fuerst (prince) but as Kaiser (emperor), a allusion to ex-football player Franz BEckenbauer, who is also father to 2 out of wedlock children (one of them supposedly a result of footballclub xmas party).

I believe Prince Albert would or should take a break from dating. Let's hope he will properly do his mea culpa. The fact he's with Charlene right now doesn't make him look serious. There is still that playboy or sugar daddy persona attached to any 48-year old man dating a 28-year old woman. Who knows, maybe after his hibernation, then he'll meet the woman he truly desires.

Just a reminder, since less than ten posts into the thread it seems that people have forgotten, that this is a current events thread, not a let's-see-who-can-be-the-most-hateful thread.

Now let's get back on topic, please.

Elspeth

Monaco moderator

There were rumours stating that an announcement would be made at the Mare Nostrum... but nothing happened... Does anybody know if Charlene was there? Prince Albert was in the States anyway...
So I still think, that she's nothing more than his current girlfriend... nothing in particular...

I'm sure if she was at the mare nostrum, we would have seen some agency pics. I have read somewhere (I think they said it in the times) that the palace has denied an imminent marriage but confirmed her as his official companion. I won't be surprised if she will be fading into the background now after the JGG outing. IMO she was only supposed to draw attention away from things going on behind the scene. But I guess we'll just have to wait.

Charlene and Caroline on the cover of Novella 2000

Ariel said:
Hi Tosca,

What does it say? were they together in some event?

The pic was taken at Monaco Grand Prix last week. The cover reads that everyone were left open mouthed by Charlene's attidute in MC. I didn't read the article inside, but it was presumably ironic and pointed out her lack of class and her not-so- elegant clothes. Novella is never too soft with celebrities. (if you look at the pic closer, you'll see Caro make faces at her). Well, at least Caro seemed to.

Last edited:
Tosca said:
The pic was taken at Monaco Grand Prix last week. The cover reads that everyone were left open mouthed by Charlene's attidute in MC. I didn't read the article inside, but it was presumably ironic and pointed out her lack of class and her not-so- elegant clothes. Novella is never too soft with celebrities. (if you look at the pic closer, you'll see Caro make faces at her). Well, at least Caro seemed to.

Thanks for posting this Tosca...I can't wait until it arrives in the States next week.

To me the photo looks like a pastiche of individual shots (neither really flattering) of Caroline and Charlene. If I had known that I would be around a style icon like Caroline, I would have dressed a little better and made sure my hair was well-kempt. I wonder why the rush of unflattering articles?? A couple of months ago, it was quite a different story. Anyone have any thoughts? Granted, it may be a reflection of the other "issues" currently happening in PA's life, but this is rather sudden, or am I alone in thinking this?

originally posted by Pinkylady To me the photo looks like a pastiche of individual shots (neither really flattering) of Caroline and Charlene. If I had known that I would be around a style icon like Caroline, I would have dressed a little better and made sure my hair was well-kempt. I wonder why the rush of unflattering articles?? A couple of months ago, it was quite a different story. Anyone have any thoughts? Granted, it may be a reflection of the other "issues" currently happening in PA's life, but this is rather sudden, or am I alone in thinking this?

I agree 100%

First there were all these fluffy, flattering love stories..

Then the news of Jasmine breaks.. and all of a sudden, the Palace is saying there will be no wedding; but she's his official companion. Btw, what does that even mean. Doesn't sound too romantic.

Then, one by one, there are stories saying why it may not work between the two and critizing her. It seems her rise and fall came pretty fast.

Really makes you think here....:confused:

pinklady1991 said:
Thanks for posting this Tosca...I can't wait until it arrives in the States next week.

To me the photo looks like a pastiche of individual shots (neither really flattering) of Caroline and Charlene. If I had known that I would be around a style icon like Caroline, I would have dressed a little better and made sure my hair was well-kempt. I wonder why the rush of unflattering articles?? A couple of months ago, it was quite a different story. Anyone have any thoughts? Granted, it may be a reflection of the other "issues" currently happening in PA's life, but this is rather sudden, or am I alone in thinking this?
They are slowly preparing her disappearance into the abyss of all his other former GFs. She was, IMO, just an attention getter to keep the press busy, while preparing the Jazmin coming out. I suppose this time they wanted to have better control over the matter then last year (maybe they read our analysis ;) ). I wouldn't be surprised if there soon would be a joint interview in the media with Tamara and PA, making sure that they come across as being only concerned of their daughter's well being, rather then fighting in the past over name, recognition and money. In order to work out a strategy where both parties come out looking good (or at least reasonable to avoid that JGG will have to put up with mockery then she probably has already been exposed to most of her life), there was an attention catch needed to distract the media. So they were thrown a bone called CW. I mean the media was hungry for some news about PA and the main open issue with him is the wife question. So what lies nearer then to find an arrangement with a willing girl. To me the whole CW thing looks, considering the circumstances too staged to be true. And her disappearance can very easily be explained (couldn't handle the situation, wasn't ready to be a stepmom to two kids etc etc). So no harm done. Besides, expectations on any future wife will be much lower after CW ;) :D

Thanks for your insight Paca....I never gobbled up the CW marriage story. Only because I'm of the opinion that PA likes to eat at the booty buffet. A position many men would retain if they had the power, money and fame he does. Boys will be boys..... Plus, I have lots of friends who are confirmed single, men and women, and they are very happy. If he's happy single, more power to him. (NO more kids please)

I do think PA handled the announcement of JGG better than Alexandre, but NC did herself and her child a hudge dis-service. I'm not going to rehash it.

Just goes to show, the truth always has a way of floating to the top....

paca said:
...I wouldn't be surprised if there soon would be a joint interview in the media with Tamara and PA, making sure that they come across as being only concerned of their daughter's well being, rather then fighting in the past over name, recognition and money...
The only way he came out of this just being ridiculed and nothing more serious was to keep his mouth shut, which he did. I don't care what TR and JG do although I don't really want to see a book or tv interview. They're not exactly Caroline and Charlotte.

paca said:
They are slowly preparing her disappearance into the abyss of all his other former GFs. She was, IMO, just an attention getter to keep the press busy, while preparing the Jazmin coming out. I suppose this time they wanted to have better control over the matter then last year (maybe they read our analysis ;) ). I wouldn't be surprised if there soon would be a joint interview in the media with Tamara and PA, making sure that they come across as being only concerned of their daughter's well being, rather then fighting in the past over name, recognition and money. In order to work out a strategy where both parties come out looking good (or at least reasonable to avoid that JGG will have to put up with mockery then she probably has already been exposed to most of her life), there was an attention catch needed to distract the media. So they were thrown a bone called CW. I mean the media was hungry for some news about PA and the main open issue with him is the wife question. So what lies nearer then to find an arrangement with a willing girl. To me the whole CW thing looks, considering the circumstances too staged to be true. And her disappearance can very easily be explained (couldn't handle the situation, wasn't ready to be a stepmom to two kids etc etc). So no harm done. Besides, expectations on any future wife will be much lower after CW ;) :D

IF if turns out CW was a decoy for the whole Jazmin revelation, it will be interesting to find out JUST HOW MUCH CW was in on the whole plan or, was SHE DUPED TOO? I write this in hypothetical voice -- will we ever know the truth! :confused:

paca said:
i have to say, this makes all the sense in the world. But boy is it cynical...and they certainly go out of their way to keep throwing pacifyers to us royal watchers..:cool:

Excuse me but I've been out of the loop - but who is Charlene Wittstock?

creativemind said:
IF if turns out CW was a decoy for the whole Jazmin revelation, it will be interesting to find out JUST HOW MUCH CW was in on the whole plan or, was SHE DUPED TOO? I write this in hypothetical voice -- will we ever know the truth! :confused:

In all honesty, a young girl with no education or future plans would probably not mind being taken on luxury vacations on yachts to the Maldives and wined and dined in Paris and Monaco. I'm sure it has been very exciting for her, so whether or not she was "in on it" I'm sure she got a lot out of it. I am also inclined to think that the CW affair was a way to keep the world fixated on their "relationship" while the paternity issue of JGG was being decided as well as how to break the news to the press.

BurberryBrit said:
I'm sure it has been very exciting for her, so whether or not she was "in on it" I'm sure she got a lot out of it. I am also inclined to think that the CW affair was a way to keep the world fixated on their "relationship" while the paternity issue of JGG was being decided as well as how to break the news to the press.

I'm hoping that it wasn't all that cynical...perhaps CW was not so much a ruse as a way of hiding from all the other issues (Alexandre, Jazmin, the stresses of governing, etc) that were presenting themselves at the time. Made him look as if he were searching for a wife when all he wanted was a pleasant distraction. I don't think Charlene was "in on it" or she and her family wouldn't have been blabbing to the press the way they did as if they expected an engagement announcement.

pinklady1991 said:
I don't think Charlene was "in on it" or she and her family wouldn't have been blabbing to the press the way they did as if they expected an engagement announcement.

It will be interesting to see if the good ole' Wittstocks, including CW will BLAB any further following the Grand Prix and the Jazmin revelation/acknowledgement? ;) There is so much we don't know but it is fun to pose these questions!

Last edited:
Just goes to show how much things can change in a few days. Late last week we were hearing all about how Charlene is about to become engaged to Albert, that she's forcing him to the altar, that she calls the shots and is just using him. Now it appears that, far from her using him, there seems to be a good case to be made that he or his handlers have been using her.

Elspeth said:
Just goes to show how much things can change in a few days. Late last week we were hearing all about how Charlene is about to become engaged to Albert, that she's forcing him to the altar, that she calls the shots and is just using him. Now it appears that, far from her using him, there seems to be a good case to be made that he or his handlers have been using her.

I write this post as someone who's been a journalist for 15 years -- and preface this by saying I have chosen to work for broadcast outlets with an extremely high standard for fact checking (I have strong feelings about that issue). I have to say I have a real issue with tabloid reports. While they are fun to read and get our hearts and minds pumping, I think if most readers knew where the info came from the reports would be ignored. Imagine if you will, a dart board with a bunch of story scenarios posted on it, and then throwing the dart and waa laa, there's your angle. I would say tabloids are accuate every 1.5 out of 10 times -- accuracy happens but RARELY!

With that said, I will add that even in the best of circumstances journalists who work for reputable agencies DO have points of view on things. It was lesson number one when I went to journalism graduate school. There is no such things as objectivity -- journalists or not we all have a subjective consciousness about things and it comes through in all we are and all we do. I don't believe those who work for reputable programs or publications purposely bend things but if you're human (yes reporters are human!!!!:eek: ) it is inevitable.

Maybe we will never know the truth of what's going on with CW? Maybe she or her family will blab again? Maybe all of the sudden there WILL be a marriage announcement? Maybe she will fade and another CW type moves into her place with the next scandal (oh please say it ain't so)? Maybe, maybe, maybe!!!

I've been reading this website for a few months and just recently signed up so am familiar with a lot of the CW/PA posts (at least since February). One thing I can tell you regarding the media, whether RIGHTLY OR WRONGLY journalists can get in vendetta mode. IMO and experience, if some member of the media feels it's being jerked around, he/she can strike back and the tide WILL turn regarding the angle of a story. The positive to this can be is they start to dig for facts instead of taking information from third party sources who have no clue of what's really going on.

With that being said, I wonder after the Alex acknowledgement and media storm, CW's appearance on the scene (with all that's ensued with that -- grandma and pops talking etc ... I can't begin to get into it); the Jazmin acknowledge(the information imo between all parties is still confusing as to how things went down from conception to PA's admission last week) that the press is beginning that somewhat vendetta mode -- i.e. seeing a couple negative stories surface. While I think that is unprofessional to report negative stories not based in fact it has been imo just as unprofessional for the past months to print stories (tabloids) about an impending marriage between the Prince and Charlene without any official word!

Despite all this, man is it so DANG fun to sit back and watch all this unfold and read everyone's posts!!!:p You all are great, even the one' I disagree with!!!!

Sorry about the length. I work in broadcast and we only get a minute and fifteen seconds to tell our story of the day--drives me nuts!!!!!!

Last edited:
originally posted by creative minds I've been reading this website for a few months and just recently signed up so am familiar with a lot of the CW/PA posts (at least since February). One thing I can tell you regarding the media, whether RIGHTLY OR WRONGLY journalists can get in vendetta mode. IMO and experience, if some member of the media feels it's being jerked around, he/she can strike back and the tide WILL turn regarding the angle of a story.

Great post Creative minds, I think you have a point here!

All you have to do is go back and read these boards to see that people really bought into the whole PA/CW story. Especially after reading fluff stories of love in Torino, soulmates, wedding predictions for October, CW family speaking out, etc. It really produced some strong emotions on both sides: those who thought CW's lack of education and actions in public made people think PA could do alot better, and those who said let PA chose and give her a chance if she makes him happy.

Now to see that was all for nothing? It was all staged to distract from a bigger story of Jasmine? I can't beleive it. I can see where the media and journalists would be a littel miffed at having the wool pulled over their eyes.

The positive to this can be is they start to dig for facts instead of taking information from third party sources who have no clue of what's really going on.

Maybe during the Grand Prix weekend, being such a big media event, journalists started asking around Monaco and discovered a different story than the one that was being fed to them by either PA or CW's PR people.

Then the Jasmine story broke.. and they put it all together.. and voila! They're not happy at being jerked around.

I must say it does put things into perspective. I always thought it was something how CW was so overly confident in these photos, looking into the camera, and I wondered how she could escalate to the point of calling any shots. But now if this is true and it was staged. Then its clear, it was never real just acting. I still find this hard to believe. It will be fun to sit back and watch the outcome of this.

I guess the days of journalists taking the info fed to them by the palace or Monaco's PR at face value are gone. I think there will be a little double checking going on in the future.

This should be fun to watch, I can't wait for the next chapter.

BurberryBrit said:
In all honesty, a young girl with no education or future plans would probably not mind being taken on luxury vacations on yachts to the Maldives and wined and dined in Paris and Monaco. I'm sure it has been very exciting for her, so whether or not she was "in on it" I'm sure she got a lot out of it. I am also inclined to think that the CW affair was a way to keep the world fixated on their "relationship" while the paternity issue of JGG was being decided as well as how to break the news to the press.

This is all very interesting and you (and everyone else here) are making great points, but about BB's very first sentence here.... "a young girl with no education or future plans..." CW has an education and isn't she an Olympic athlete? What did you mean by that? I may be reading too much into it. :confused:

WindsorIII said:
Maybe during the Grand Prix weekend, being such a big media event, journalists started asking around Monaco and discovered a different story than the one that was being fed to them by either PA or CW's PR people.
I believe that during the GP for the first time journalists came down to MC (although I believe tehre was a journalist from Bunte permanently here, though I don't see what she was doing most of the time except sitting in Sass cafe listening to the gossip of the town) and got to talk to people. Before everyone just assumed that we all must be just soooo thrilled to see PA married off to some woman that is still young enough to have children. And when they came here they might have noticed that actually no one was thrilled and people didn't even really talk about her. Now with the Jazmin story and the somewhat staged pics ( a lot of people were asking questions ever since she showed up in the Olympics and in retrospec this all makes sense, though it was mainly assumed it was CW pulling the strings), pieces seem to fall into place. The press, like most people, fell for it and now is slowly pulling away. They won't be too harsh on CW I expect, just finding reasons why a relationship wouldn't work and thus saving face when there is no wedding in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom